Type keyword(s) to search

Coroner - General Discussion

Pepper the Cat
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, janeta said:

So Campbell wanted to go to a new series so they killed him off? Anyone besides me think that Peggy poisoned him with her tranqs?

Or he helped himself to them because he hated having f'in' Alzheimer's.
But why did Peggy get dizzy and fall down the stairs after taking the meds?
Maybe Gordon swapped the pills?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, janeta said:

So Campbell wanted to go to a new series so they killed him off? Anyone besides me think that Peggy poisoned him with her tranqs?

No, Campbell was removed from the show for using racist slurs. There is a post upthread about it with a link to a CBC article. 

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, mledawn said:

No, Campbell was removed from the show for using racist slurs. There is a post upthread about it with a link to a CBC article. 

Wow, of all the shows to work on, then. I think this is the most multi cultural, multi racial show I watch.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, janeta said:

. I think this is the most multi cultural, multi racial show I watch.

The CBC has a lot of show with diversity casting. I think the most is Sort Of but I noticed on Diggstown that there are  only three white regulars, two of whom are gay.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Wow. That was. Ambiguous.

I know that Serinda Swan is not coming back for another season if there is one, but did Jenny die or quit? It looked like Jenny died. 

All the scenes with the happy family back at the house had a horizontal light flare across the screen like they used on that other Canadian show, Saving Hope, when the ghost of a patient in the hospital was talking to the main character who saw ghosts.

And the last scene Jenny was laying near Peggy's wrecked car where Jenny rolled down the embankment in her panic to get to Peggy. 
But then she sat up. IDK.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 2
21 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Wow. That was. Ambiguous.

I know that Serinda Swan is not coming back for another season if there is one, but did Jenny die or quit? It looked like Jenny died.

That is why I won't be crushed if the show doesn't get renewed although I will be happy if it does. It can be unnecessarily confusing.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, mledawn said:

I haven't seen anything about a fifth series but I did just see the trailer for S2 of Reacher and why Serina Swan left. I mean... fair.
https://youtu.be/tC-rRhQcnlI

Except that I'm pretty sure there's an interview linked and/or quoted upthread in which Serinda Swan said she left because the show was too dark. 
IDK. Maybe the snark is all she needs to make the gratuitous violence tolerable?
And probably Reacher has a broader audience that will be good for her career. Is that what you were referring to, @mledawn, as "fair"?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

And probably Reacher has a broader audience that will be good for her career. Is that what you were referring to, @mledawn, as "fair"?

Yeah, I was more referring to money and production values - and that Amazon has a broad reach. Leaving a small CBC production for something that is almost like a motion picture is understandable, I think.

• Like 1