Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Parallel Trenches

Better.

This is a Beth I can watch. Still loathe Coach and am ambiguous on Addy (for watching as a character). Interesting to see Tacy in a new light. She's still very young but kind of an asshole all on her own. She may not have seen what she did to the other girl but I get the impression that she was so about herself that she really didn't care. 

• Love 5

I will probably keep watching because I want to see what happens...if anything ever actually does, which I am beginning to doubt. I feel like this whole thing is just trying too hard. To do what, I don't know.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1
On 1/27/2020 at 3:37 AM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Better.

This is a Beth I can watch. Still loathe Coach and am ambiguous on Addy (for watching as a character). Interesting to see Tacy in a new light. She's still very young but kind of an asshole all on her own. She may not have seen what she did to the other girl but I get the impression that she was so about herself that she really didn't care. 

I agree this episode was better. I had relegated this show to something I put on in the background while I do other things but this episode kept drawing my attention. We saw the first inkling of character development for Beth and I really hope that continues.

• Love 2

This was an interesting episode, I liked seeing some new sides of the characters, especially some more vulnerable sides to Beth and a bit of mean girl in Tracey. Maybe they arent quite as different after all? 

It took me an embarrassingly long amount of time to realize that this was a "follow different people and see different sides of the story" style episode. I am not a particularly squeamish viewer, but that accident was just...ouch!

• Love 2

This episode is a bit better than the previous ones. I like the slight differences in each character's perspective of events. That is realistic. And I'm glad there was some forward movement on plot, though it's still anyone's guess where it's going, if anywhere at all. Beth remains the only one of the three that I can feel anything at all for, but I think that's a reflection of the actress's skill rather than the writing.  

I still don't like any of the three. And, Coach, good golly Miss Molly. Your little speech on responsibility and not risking what you have might work better if you weren't having inappropriate parties and sleepovers with the girl who you're letting, oh yeah, aid and abet your adultery.

• Love 1