Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
starri

Hailing Frequencies Open: Picard in the Media

Patrick and Jeri are delightful during a BBC Radio interview.  Basically, their entire promotional tour has done nothing but fill me with joy.

• Like 8

"Star Trek: Picard," "Grammys" Drive CBS All Access to New Record Highs

In addition to the record month for subscriber sign-ups, STAR TREK: PICARD's premiere also marked a new record for total streams and drove the highest volume of subscribers streaming a CBS All Access original series to date, up more than +115% and +180% over the previous record set by STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, making the series the service's most-watched premiere ever.

• Like 1

Will Wheaton was on CBC Radio's Q this morning. Towards the end of the interview he talks about the after-Picard show he hosts as well as the possibility of Wesley returning as a guest (even though the character transitioned to a higher plane of existence as I recall). It sounds like he would be glad to do it, especially since it would give him an opportunity to interact with some former colleagues as an adult now. Obviously, at the time of ST:TNG he could not partake in after-shoot libations and other late night celebrations or discussions.

Wesley was seen at the wedding reception in Nemesis wearing a Starfleet uniform.  There was no explanation of when or how he returned.  The novelization had him returning specifically for the wedding, stating that he popped back from his higher plane naked and someone provided him the handiest piece of clothing, which was a uniform.  

• Useful 1

Comic Con is going to be free online this year due to COVID-19. This panel hasn't been assigned a time slot yet so be sure to check the Comic Con website for the schedule.

TV Guide's Fan Favorites
Featuring Hale Appleman (The Magicians), Chris Chalk (Perry Mason), Robbie Amell (Upload), Kennedy McMann (Nancy Drew), Jeri Ryan (Star Trek: Picard), Richard Harmon (The 100), Lindsey Morgan (The 100), Harvey Guillen (What We Do in the Shadows), and Alex Newell (Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist). 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Comic Con is going to be free online this year due to COVID-19. This panel hasn't been assigned a time slot yet so be sure to check the Comic Con website for the schedule.

I believe the entire cast (or most of them) are also doing a panel together to discuss season one - that one will also be listed on the Comic Con website, once full details are available

6 hours ago, Llywela said:

I believe the entire cast (or most of them) are also doing a panel together to discuss season one - that one will also be listed on the Comic Con website, once full details are available

I didn't see it on the list that was released yesterday but it's obvious that they haven't set everything in stone yet. Hopefully there will be more info about the cast panel soon!

5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I didn't see it on the list that was released yesterday but it's obvious that they haven't set everything in stone yet. Hopefully there will be more info about the cast panel soon!

According to the official Star Trek twitter and CBS, the Star Trek panels are on July 23 at 10am PST - back-to-back virtual panels with the casts and producers of Star Trek Discovery, Star Trek Lower Decks, and Star Trek Picard.

Emmy Award win!

OUTSTANDING PROSTHETIC MAKEUP FOR A SERIES, LIMITED SERIES, MOVIE OR SPECIAL - Absolute Candor
James Robert Mackinnon, Special Makeup Effects Department Head
Vincent Van Dyke, Prosthetic Designer
Richard Redlefsen, Special Makeup Effects Artist
Alexei Dmit riew, Special Makeup Effects Artist
Neville Page, Prosthetic Designer
Michael Ornelaz, Makeup Effects Artist

• Like 4

11 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I'm not surprised they've pushed it back, given the state of LA at present, although it's a shame since they are already almost a full year behind schedule. I know Discovery is already back in production for its 4th season, but Discovery doesn't have an 80-year-old lead!

The plan for Picard, as I understand it, is to shoot seasons 2 and 3 back-to-back, so I hope they manage to achieve that aim while also protecting their cast and crew from this wretched plague. And at least they've had plenty of time to write and refine the scripts, in theory! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for greater development of the crew, rather than the same kind of narrow focus on Picard seen in S1.

• Like 1