Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Protect Ya Neck

jewel21
  • Start Topic

With Tyrone back on the streets, Spencer is being a little overly protective of Coop and Laura and finds himself in uncharted territory. Olivia is nervous about her upcoming SoLA Muse Cotillion and tries to lean on Asher, but he seems more focused on football than ever. Coop and Patience are trying to get back into a rhythm, but things get worse when Coop’s jealous streak comes out. Meanwhile, Jordan alerts Billy about what he sees on social media that makes Billy worry a little.

Airdate: 01/27/2020

I shouldn't read the press releases right when the CW puts them out, because even though they try to be very vague, the one for next week led me to conclude that Spencer would either shoot Tyrone in self-defense but get arrested, or that he would get shot.  I know there are some shows where the main character dies, but no way it happens here, so it doesn't seem as dramatic as they probably wanted it to.  I'm afraid with it being a drive-by that no one will be able to identify Tyrone and he'll still be hovering around, or leave but return at some point.   Having him AND that creepy booster guy in the same episode is just a bit too much, even though that guy was only in one scene.  I know Darnell is new in town, but wouldn't it have been a good idea under the circumstances for someone to have shown him a photo of Tyrone at some point so that he could be forewarned?

The writers have gotten really, really anti-couple for some reason.  Things sure went downhill for Asher and Olivia in a hurry.  I assume they really aren't going to try to start up anything with Spencer and Olivia and that it is just Asher jumping to conclusions in his steroid-fueled jealousy.  (I thought Jordan was going to discover that the Super Bowl MVP who's helping was dealing steroids, not just that he was after Billy's job.)  Although she blamed herself for the break-up, Layla will probably be really upset to learn that Spencer had slept with Kia although it happened before he promised to wait for her to be ready for a relationship.  Coop and Patience splitting had been brewing for a while and I don't think there's anything that Patience could have done (telling about her ex or trying to hide it to avoid a confrontation like she did) that would have kept Coop from being jealous.  At least Coop realized her behavior has been off, and I liked the speech from her mom.

It was too funny when Matt (the ex-NFL guy) talked to Billy about feeling like a tool for walking around with his Super Bowl ring around his neck for a while, and then there was J.J. with his state champion ring around his neck.

I also was spoiled by readying what happened next week on the DVR so figured Spencer would get shot, but I was still shocked since Olivia was right there. I’m sure they won’t kill him off but Tyrone needs to be dead now. I hope he stays away from Darnell.

Now that Asher and Olivia are good he’s all roided up so will probably be a jerk until Billy figures it out.

At least Coop realized how horrible she was being to Patience but I’m getting tired of her shtick. 

• Love 2

Spencer, No!!! I don’t think he’ll die. There would be no show without him. But I hope he can play football again. 

I really liked the Cotillion scene. That dance the kids did was amazing. 

• Love 1

Well the Asher/Olivia romance sure is going up into flames quickly. Really? We couldn't get a few episodes of them happy & together?

Coop was being way to jealous and borderline controlling. Patience was right to walk away. I am glad Coop had some self awareness about it and that her mom was there to comfort her.

I highly doubt Spencer is going to die. And I'm sure this will be his wake up call to go back to football.

Ugh but Tyrone needs to go. Same villain since the beginning of s1. Let's move on. 

• Love 3