Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: The Letter of the Law

• Start Topic

Rio is bummed she can't afford to go to Iceland for her best friend's wedding, so the nuptials are moved and brought to the farm; Rio is forced to take on Deb's mail route after she quits; Mike and Jacob help Rudy get over Constance.

Original airdate: 1/28/2020

I don't like that they made Deb right and Rio wrong.  Rio WAS right. Deb shouldn't be reading the email and just because Deb knows everyone on the mail route and mothers them doesn't change that fact. Given that Constance was so tweaked out about all of Rudy's law breaking and didn't bat an eye about Deb's, it was an odd double standard to me.  I guess law breaking friends is one thing, but a law breaking lover is another. Deb could have just known all this information about her mail route people without having to have read their mail given she's done it for however long she did.

I did, however, enjoy the sight of Rio riding her bike with the big mail bag towing behind. That was cute. 

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

I don't like that they made Deb right and Rio wrong.  Rio WAS right. Deb shouldn't be reading the email and just because Deb knows everyone on the mail route and mothers them doesn't change that fact.

That annoyed me a little also, but I chalked it up to Rio learning that life isn't so black & white. I'm not sure they made Deb right and Rio wrong, so much as her realizing it was all right or all wrong. Taken to the extreme (as all sitcoms do) the writers made it very obvious that reading her neighbors' mail was good for them - though still not legal - Rio has learned to accept it for what it is and not be so uptight about it. 

I must say, I'm really enjoying this show. I didn't start watching it right away because I thought the promo commercials for it were awful and it didn't appeal to me. I think Lake & Dax have great chemistry and I love the secondary characters. I wish we could see more of Rudy's goat. 🙂

• Love 1
1 hour ago, joanne3482 said:

I don't like that they made Deb right and Rio wrong.  Rio WAS right. Deb shouldn't be reading the email and just because Deb knows everyone on the mail route and mothers them doesn't change that fact. Given that Constance was so tweaked out about all of Rudy's law breaking and didn't bat an eye about Deb's, it was an odd double standard to me.  I guess law breaking friends is one thing, but a law breaking lover is another. Deb could have just known all this information about her mail route people without having to have read their mail given she's done it for however long she did.

I did, however, enjoy the sight of Rio riding her bike with the big mail bag towing behind. That was cute. 

50 minutes ago, Lunula said:

That annoyed me a little also, but I chalked it up to Rio learning that life isn't so black & white. I'm not sure they made Deb right and Rio wrong, so much as her realizing it was all right or all wrong. Taken to the extreme (as all sitcoms do) the writers made it very obvious that reading her neighbors' mail was good for them - though still not legal - Rio has learned to accept it for what it is and not be so uptight about it. 

I must say, I'm really enjoying this show. I didn't start watching it right away because I thought the promo commercials for it were awful and it didn't appeal to me. I think Lake & Dax have great chemistry and I love the secondary characters. I wish we could see more of Rudy's goat. 🙂

I do like the show but think they have to be careful about turning the locals from quirky to a bunch of assholes.

Lake Bell is funny but I do wonder why a NYC girl with such fabulous friends agreed to move to a rundown farm?

• Love 2

Rio is bummed she can't afford to go to Iceland for her best friend's wedding, so the nuptials are moved and brought to the farm

Uh, way to spoil the ending, promo spot.

I don't like that they made Deb right and Rio wrong.  Rio WAS right. Deb shouldn't be reading the email and just because Deb knows everyone on the mail route and mothers them doesn't change that fact. 

Plus: Deb was willing to risk the life of the diabetic just to hold a grudge against Rio. I also find it hard to believe NOBODY in Buck Snout ever had a problem with Deb opening their mail.

I did like Rudy's getup though. That had to be a wig or some fake hair glued in, there's no way he has enough hair to get that much volume. 

Jacob always cracks me up. When Mike was explaining the plan to Rudy Jacob was standing next to him just mimicking his hand gestures.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Lunula said:

Taken to the extreme (as all sitcoms do) the writers made it very obvious that reading her neighbors' mail was good for them - though still not legal - Rio has learned to accept it for what it is and not be so uptight about it. 

Yeah, I'd still be uptight about it. And if she kept opening my mail (including my bank statements, my God) I'd report her. I know people that have come from small towns. The mail carrier opening other people's mail is just not a thing. 🙄

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Lunula said:

Taken to the extreme (as all sitcoms do) the writers made it very obvious that reading her neighbors' mail was good for them - though still not legal - Rio has learned to accept it for what it is and not be so uptight about it. 

I know the premise was to make Rio be the postal carrier and the comedy that ensued, but they could have played it that Deb knew all this about people because she was their daily mail carrier and in the course of going to their homes every day learned about them. They could have had Deb go on vacation and she pushed Rio to do her job for the week without having it so illegal. 

• Love 4
On 1/29/2020 at 11:02 AM, qtpye said:

Lake Bell is funny but I do wonder why a NYC girl with such fabulous friends agreed to move to a rundown farm?

I think we're going to find out that her "friends" are not all that fabulous. Her friend Sierra (Nicole Richie) didn't seem like she'd be a very nice person. Maybe I'm thinking that because Mike doesn't seem to like her. I can't remember what she said that would make me think so.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, JenLily said:

Yeah, I'd still be uptight about it. And if she kept opening my mail (including my bank statements, my God) I'd report her. I know people that have come from small towns. The mail carrier opening other people's mail is just not a thing. 🙄

I hated that Deb was right and that the townspeople are such idiots that they can not function without Deb interfering in their lives. Dumb plot line to justify asshole behavior.

4 hours ago, Eataton said:

I think we're going to find out that her "friends" are not all that fabulous. Her friend Sierra (Nicole Richie) didn't seem like she'd be a very nice person. Maybe I'm thinking that because Mike doesn't seem to like her. I can't remember what she said that would make me think so.

Why would you still want to be friends with someone who at least passively hates your husband?

I

• Love 1