Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Friends with Benefits

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

My question in response to hearing this about Heather is:  are you a liar or are you pathetic?  Because it’s at least one of the two.  You don’t get to collect a paycheck for being yourself and then wink at the audience.  That’s cheating.

Buddy is another one who is in it for the money, for the most part.  Why are we all still trying to figure out whether he and Whitney ever had sex?  If it’s true, say it’s true, because this is reality TV, or say you don’t want to talk about it and take your chances that you’re going to be dropped from the show, or say “Whitney and I never had intercourse.”  We shouldn’t have to dissect every week whether they crossed the flesh hold.  I feel like this is the X Files over here!

I think that Heather and Buddy signed up to play themselves in season 1 but now the show has morphed into whatever Whitney wants to put out there and they are now getting paid to go along.  I can't blame them.  Buddy has made it crystal clear even through his mumbles that they never crossed the fleshhold, are never going to cross the fleshhold, and he never has had or will have any desire to cross the fleshhold.  But now he gets paid to keep his mouth shut on that topic.  It amuses me that she can't quite get him to "admit" that it happened; he just looks at her and grunts and changes the subject 😄 I think Heather was herself at the beginning, and even as she and Buddy dated and she was upset when they broke up, around which time someone in charge decided that she would be the jealous sad sack forever singing the blues while Whit and Buddy KISSED and entered a world of never-ending sexual tension and unrequited longing 😄 . 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

I am so tired of this cross the fleshhold nonsense, either you fucked or you didn’t and honestly I don’t care because it’s not my business, you both are disgusting, Whitney lies or at the very least stretches the truth and Buddy was drunk and high through a decent part of their friendship so probably has a fucked up memory of a lot of things he did.  If Chase doesn’t care if you fucked, why should we? At least he gets paid to.  What a bunch of assholes!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
On 1/28/2020 at 8:05 PM, aliya said:

Wait a minute - she wants to be a personal trainer? I can understand being a bigger girl trainer, but she has no physiology training, no trainer training. There is no way in heck I would work with her. Plus, this woman couldn't manage a dance class, why would I trust her to stick with the training?

Plus, she would need to understand the basics of nutrition...but how many of her clients will want to eat only one gigantic meal a day and guzzle grande latte mocha chocolate frappucinos with double whipped cream?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Maybe Buddy is too embarrassed to admit that he had sex with the old whale.

People can be very delusional about their place on the 1-10 scale of beauty 

Crazy as it sounds...Buddy might think he's a solid 7 maybe even 7.5....  Meanwhile he probably thinks Whitney is a 2 or 3   😀

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Hey TLC. You missed an opp with me. I was a functional, fun and very pretty (yeah...I was) alcoholic. You could have done “My Big, Drunk, Fabulous Life”. It’s essentially the same thing. Following someone around who’s legitimately killing themselves and chronicling their life. What’s the difference TLC? One person is drinking themselves to death and another person is eating themselves to death. I guess I don’t understand the difference. Why one is celebrated and another isn’t. I await the slings and arrows from posters who tell me that I’m off base and I really do welcome it. I guess I just don’t understand this whole body acceptance thing if it doesn’t mean accepting a healthy body. Regardless of ones weight. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
31 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Maybe Buddy is too embarrassed to admit that he had sex with the old whale.

People can be very delusional about their place on the 1-10 scale of beauty 

Crazy as it sounds...Buddy might think he's a solid 7 maybe even 7.5....  Meanwhile he probably thinks Whitney is a 2 or 3   😀

I have also said that I think Buddy may think he is out of Whitney’s league....I’m not sure on what fucking planet, but here on Earth they are comparable to each other and honestly facially, Whitney is better looking than he is.  I think his ability to pull women with questionable self-esteem has skewed his ability to see his attractiveness both inside and out.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I am so tired of this cross the fleshhold nonsense, either you fucked or you didn’t and honestly I don’t care because it’s not my business, you both are disgusting, Whitney lies or at the very least stretches the truth and Buddy was drunk and high through a decent part of their friendship so probably has a fucked up memory of a lot of things he did.  If Chase doesn’t care if you fucked, why should we? At least he gets paid to.  What a bunch of assholes!

Hey, @Irate Panda.Tell us what you really think! 😁

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I agree with the poster who said she is scared of looking like she did when she hated cake so much that she could hardly finishing chewing one huge bite before cramming another in her mouth.

@Colleenna  Do you mean this?  😂🤣

See pictures below.  She must really hate cake! 🧁🧁🧁🍰🍰🍰A901169E-73C4-442E-85A6-23093E833401.thumb.jpeg.df9376fb521ddce84480322b55014e92.jpeg

D813301F-247A-4C38-A5CC-17686BDB19C7.jpeg

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

Hey TLC. You missed an opp with me. I was a functional, fun and very pretty (yeah...I was) alcoholic. You could have done “My Big, Drunk, Fabulous Life”. It’s essentially the same thing. Following someone around who’s legitimately killing themselves and chronicling their life. What’s the difference TLC? One person is drinking themselves to death and another person is eating themselves to death. I guess I don’t understand the difference. Why one is celebrated and another isn’t. I await the slings and arrows from posters who tell me that I’m off base and I really do welcome it...

Not me...I was trying to find a way to like your comment more than once. Addictive behaviors are addictive behaviors, the end. I think alcoholism is an appropriate correlate.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, princelina said:

Are posts like this one supposed to be prepping us for the "broken engagement"?

That’s what I was thinking @princelina

Actually, you know what else I got from that? If you look at Buddy’s main/bio screen for his Instagram and it lists a few things about yourself.  Buddy’s says “Actor.” Actor? 🤔🤔

Well, I looked at a few random“reality stars” IG to see if any said Actors on their bio as well and most say Public Figure, Reality Celebrity, Bravolebrity, Reality TV personality and a few others. I’ve never seen “Actor” for reality tv personality!  

Which almost confirms our theory that Buddy was probably hired 6 years ago to play “The romantic love interest.” The story how they met and reconnected is questionable. Apparently buddy was her ex-boyfriend’s friend. Fast forward a few years later when Twit orders a pizzas (that part I believe) and Buddy is the Pizza delivery guy that brought the pizza to the door. Wouldn’t you know, just in time for filming, Buddy Bell shows up. I think the only believable part is that she falls in love with someone that brings her endless pizza! 🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕

So that’s my theory! He doesn’t even put Aspiring Comic or a bunch of things he could have put! At least he being truthful about being an “Actor” because that’s what he was hired for. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 1/28/2020 at 6:46 PM, DanaMB said:

I always knew Whitney was unpleasant, but tonight she was a straight up bitch. And so condescending. Her barnacles need to dump her ass. 

I was just thinking the same thing!  My favorite moment was when Twit sat back very condescendingly with her Cheshire Cat grin and her dangle tassel earrings and proceeded to give Heather advice on how to go about getting a man!  First off, Twit has had this man for about two minutes and everyone knows he is a scripted plant in the show.  Secondly, of the two, who is it that’s been married and is currently raising a family?  Twit acted like the queen of relationship wisdom, sitting back on her thrown, giving advice to the poor, unattached members of her court.  I was infuriated on behalf of Heather, then I had to tell myself that this was all scripted and none of it is a real reflection of any of their lives.  Then I thought, WOW, what some people will do for money . . . 

• Love 17
On 1/29/2020 at 10:42 AM, Lovecat said:

I spent too much of this episode marveling about how Hat!Ryan is cute in a dudebro kind of way, but Hatless!Ryan looks like a complete dork.  How is that possible?

I ponder that same phenomenon every baseball season.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Tosia said:

Twit looks the same.... without hair and makeup done.  

Profile vs. tagged. The photos she takes is how she wishes she looked, and screen grabs of the episodes are what she really looks like.

• Love 9

Sorry but if my friend was Whitney's size and was going to wear spandex leggings and a crop top to go to eat someplace, I would say something to them about dressing appropriately, heck i probably wouldn't want to be seen with them in public, anyplace including, but not limited to Walmart

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
On 2/3/2020 at 12:24 AM, Tosia said:

Twit looks the same.... without hair and makeup done.  

EXACTLY @Tosia! 👍

Let’s get a surprise camera in there catching her first thing in the morning.  When I say camera, I mean an iPhone not a professional camera that’s there for filming and she’s ready to film!! Also, sans hair extensions! Twit will look exactly the same as the picture above!

Also, she’s the same disgusting person inside! 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Dot said:

Here's a recent, au naturel photo of Twit. Except for the hair length -- which is faked thru extensions -- she looks just like she did when the show began.

Good lord... I don't know what any of these women see in Buddy... He's putrid.

I'm old enough to be his mom and I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole... I have no idea why Heather would give him the time of day let alone date his ugly ass.  😲

He's fat, he's a recovering drug addict, he has serious anger issues, he's balding, he dresses and acts like a pig, he doesn't even have a good job or any type of career and his personality SUCKS!... Wtf do they see in him???

Whitney isn't much better but at least she has her own show, her own home and is making decent money,

• Love 9
On 1/28/2020 at 7:50 PM, jacksgirl said:

Come on Whitney. Not a brunch outfit.  Oh, and Buddy you are not a millennial. 

I will never understand why she needs to subject the public to that flabby gut of hers!  I was changing channels at 3 o’clock in the morning and I just happened on that scene at the brunch. I could not believe what she was wearing. The same thing she wears in a gym.

• Love 4
On 1/31/2020 at 1:37 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

This show is so boring.  I was trying to figure out if I thought Whitney was pretty in the face while I was watching, and I realized I don’t anymore.  I used to think she was pretty, but my opinion changed  She’s not a dog, but there is something porcine about her face that has nothing to do with her weight.  She just looks piggy to me.  

The Biggest Loser just started up again, and they have a legit very pretty contestant who is morbidly obese:

73154A9E-AAD8-4B0B-AED9-03B7CB703B7F.png.9b24f6c5d7218cd8026ad69070aeaa3e.png

I think if this woman started acting like an ass, like Whitney, I might find something not to like about her looks too.  There is definitely an inside/outside correlation where I can find the best looking people physically ugly if they act in certain ways.

Whitney is ridiculous, but I am also not totally prepared to suspend disbelief on the others. If Heather signed up for this, as Heather, and not as an actress (which she did, because this is reality TV), I hold her accountable for the way she acts on the show.  She’s getting paid to show her “real” life, and she chose that path instead of pounding the pavement 9-5 like the rest of us, so I am not sure how I feel about Heather going on social media after the show airs and making subtle digs about this not being her real life.

My question in response to hearing this about Heather is:  are you a liar or are you pathetic?  Because it’s at least one of the two.  You don’t get to collect a paycheck for being yourself and then wink at the audience.  That’s cheating.

Buddy is another one who is in it for the money, for the most part.  Why are we all still trying to figure out whether he and Whitney ever had sex?  If it’s true, say it’s true, because this is reality TV, or say you don’t want to talk about it and take your chances that you’re going to be dropped from the show, or say “Whitney and I never had intercourse.”  We shouldn’t have to dissect every week whether they crossed the flesh hold.  I feel like this is the X Files over here!

Buddy, if he is a real friend who actually cares about being around the group (doubtful), would have a real friend grievance from this episode.  There was supposed to be a “girls and gays” weekend in Charlotte, to which Buddy was specifically not invited, because he was “neither of those” things.  If Ryan and Chase wanted to “crash” the drag brunch—which, yeah right, I feel stupid even writing this—but if they did actually crash the weekend as two straight men, Whitney should have actually looked at that as a serious boundary issue, especially with her new boyfriend (she has a new boyfriend, y’all!).  Whitney told them not to come, that this was a special weekend for special friends for x,y,z reason and they just came.  How many of us would feel comfortable if our husbands said they were going out for a guys’ night and a bunch of single women crashed the party?  I would not be 1% ok with that.  I think there’s a little more flexibility for friendships, which is all Buddy is, but if he sees photos of them all yukking it up on social media, I would be on his side if he got pissed, and I am no Buddy fan.

(And count me in with the people who find him boiling down his assault on a police officer to throwing pieces of ice as horrendous.  Anything can be boiled down to a level of abstraction that makes it seem absurd.  If I choked a bunch of people to death, it would be technically accurate to say that all of my legal problems were a result of me clenching my fists very hard for five or six minutes straight.  But it would also show that I had no insight into what I had done, or whom I’d affected, which would make me far worse than the person who did the same thing, but accepted responsibility for it).  

And...what more did we have to the episode?  Jessica pretending to be mad at Will for telling her she wasn’t sawing the log right?  That was completely fake IMO.  Jessica knows Whitney has issues with Will, that she doesn’t trust him, that she thinks he made her “anorexic”, and I am convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jessica used this opportunity of Will encouraging her as a way to act annoyed and persecuted by Will (“my dad is calling me a loser”) so that she can bond more closely to Whitney, so that Jessica can gain more of Whitney’s trust, so that she can push her further, so that she can get better results, so that Jessica can get even more of a social media following, and perhaps eventually brand herself as The Fat Person Whisperer, and make mucho $$$ off of it.  

I really don’t know what else to comment on.  Nothing happened.  It was 44 minutes of Whitney stomping around in an appalling half-dressed state, talking about her boyfriennnnnnnd, talking about Buddy, lather, rinse, repeat.  I am like so many other viewers who tuned in season one to see what a Big, Fat Fabulous Life consisted of, and, yes, that is definitely good fodder for one season, or a multi-part documentary, but we’re in season freaking seven!  What possibly could there be more to see?  They mercifully reduced the episode to half its normal running time, and I’m still keenly bored.  Why can’t we see her eating?  I would watch that with morbid fascination. 

This should have ALL the likes. You are a great writer and always a pleasure to read!

• Love 2