Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E04: Week 4 - Cleveland, Ohio

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

41 minutes ago, Kendra143 said:

Does anyone wonder how Alayah knew about Victoria and Chase?  I call producer shenanigans as this would not have been on TV while she was out of the mansion, nor would it have been on social media yet, right??

I'm guessing she got it from Reality Steve, as he posts spoilers about the dates as they happen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I keep wondering if any of the women will just leave saying "sorry he's just not for me"!  Then I remember they signed contracts so they are stuck with Peter til the final rose!

Ugh just ugh!

In the earlier seasons, I distinctively remember that right before the rose ceremony, Chris used to tell the ladies they were free to refuse the Bachelor's rose. Heck, they were free to leave at anytime.  I had no idea that now they make them sign a contract.  I wonder what brought that about. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I also found it odd that they didn't clarify whether or not there was an actual Polish Festival going on or if TPTB hired them for the date.  Is there a large Polish community in Cleveland?  I lived in Hamtramck, MI for a time and that's about as close to Poland as you can get outside of Europe, lol.  We for sure never had any pierogi vendors or random Polka bands roaming the streets.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

In the earlier seasons, I distinctively remember that right before the rose ceremony, Chris used to tell the ladies they were free to refuse the Bachelor's rose. Heck, they were free to leave at anytime.  I had no idea that now they make them sign a contract.  I wonder what brought that about. 

They can leave whenever they want.  The contract deals with confidentiality mostly and a bunch of release language about the show being able to portray you any way they see fit. The contract was out there on the internet at some point. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

One more thought on this episode - NOBODY on this show seems to be having any fun this season. Not the lead, the rude attention seekers, or even the frontrunners. It's not quite a slog though, I'm totally entertained by how badly it's going so far for everyone involved! Haha.

As fun as it is to watch a trainwreck, I do hope the season gets its shit together one way or another. I won't be able to take this for another several months.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Kendra143 said:

Does anyone wonder how Alayah knew about Victoria and Chase?  I call producer shenanigans as this would not have been on TV while she was out of the mansion, nor would it have been on social media yet, right??

I looked back at Reality Steve's Twitter feed and he was tweeting about Victoria F's history with Chase on the same day that the concert happened.

Contestants have left the show before. Didn't Colton have multiple women bailing on him? 

Edited by Dejana
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Kendra143 said:

Apparently Alayah is a fan of the Reddit Bachelor site, which, if you haven't been there, makes Reality Steve look like a minor leaguer.  All sorts of sources crawl out of the woodwork and post there in real time so it's possible that Victoria's embarrassing episode was reported as it happened.  But it's equally possible that she heard it from a producer and blamed it on the internet instead? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, TheFinalRose said:

Apparently Alayah is a fan of the Reddit Bachelor site, which, if you haven't been there, makes Reality Steve look like a minor leaguer.  All sorts of sources crawl out of the woodwork and post there in real time so it's possible that Victoria's embarrassing episode was reported as it happened.  But it's equally possible that she heard it from a producer and blamed it on the internet instead? 

I’m sure Reddit gets it from Reality Steve. He’s always the one who spoils the reason along with all details. 

• Love 1

Peter is just the biggest goober and such a poor choice for Bachelor.  And the girls are all wrong for him. He needs more wholesome types, not these tarted up trashy looking women.  What a bunch of harpies. Do they not realize how unattractive all of their bitching is? I fear for our future if these are role models for young women. Who wants to see them playing football? Really? This has become a pathetic exercise in entertainment. Thank heaven for my fellow masochists on this forum.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, b2H said:

We did miss the fiasco  with the music guest though (we picked up in the second hour).  That's atrocious.

I'm going to chalk it up to you having jet lag, but we don't use that word here.  I'm quite certain you meant finasco.

• LOL 24
23 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Listen, I don’t really follow super hero stories, but even I know that Superman is from another planet, not “born in” Cleveland.

Superman was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster while they lived in Cleveland. Cleveland is very proud of this fact. So much so that I, a Clevelander, was genuinely surprised that everyone didn't know this XD.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/cleveland-the-true-birthplace-of-superman-56671378/

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

I feel like the producer interference and manipulation has gotten to be too much. I liked it when the show seemed a little less contrived. I don't like the manufactured drama, like letting people come back and setting up the date with Victoria's ONS/boyfriend/guy she bumped into at the grocery store/whatever he is. Her reaction was ridiculous. I'm also tired of the non-conversation conversations the couples have. They talk in circles and say nothing. Ugh

• Love 20
11 hours ago, thejuicer said:

I was only half listening to the Alaya/blonde Victoria fight, but it looks like Victoria is a big liar. And why? I don't get why she had to hide the trip to Vegas. Did it not jive with her "I had to share half a potato" sob story? Did anyone care enough to listen carefully?

I heard a wierd theory today someone said maybe the 2 girls had a fling? Maybe thats why victoria wants nothing to do with her?

• Useful 1

I'm watching the show right now - haven't ready any posts, but . . 

WHAT A COINCIDENCE!! I can hardly believe it! Peter takes Victoria F. on a date and the singer JUST HAPPENS to be her ex-boyfriend!!! Wow!! The producers were lucky on that one, weren't they???

(of course it was rigged)

It was weird but I don't see that it's such a big deal. She walks away crying and Peter just sits there. Can't he at least go see how she's doing? (though it was funny when he was talking about Chase singing at his wedding in his talking head)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mswldflwr said:

I'm going to chalk it up to you having jet lag, but we don't use that word here.  I'm quite certain you meant finasco.

Jet lag???  From Minneapolis to Milwaukee?????  That would be a true finasco.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Why did they choose Peter?  Not that good looking, no swagger and he just can't carry the show!

You know what else he can't carry?  The look of those long coats.  I have to say that's one thing that Colton did well, was carry off that look.  Peter looks like a little boy wearing his dad's too-big coat.

22 hours ago, GracieK said:

Victoria P - obviously and blatantly lied. Peter, no matter how much she makes you feel bad by crying about how you don’t trust her, you need to just come right out and admit that you don’t trust her.. for good reason.

Alayah is obnoxious but guess what ladies.. you all are. The ganging up is simply deflection from your own obnoxious qualities. 

22 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

And Victoria P uttered my least favorite phrase ever... “my truth.” What a cop out. This isn’t really what happened, but it’s “my truth” so it’s ok. 

I would rather have 5,000 Alayahs than one Victoria P.  With Alayah, what you see is what you get.  But with Victoria P, she is a stealth bitch.

21 hours ago, Refresh said:

Oh and UNC Chapel Hill folks, backstage when Chase is talking to Victoria he's drinking out of a He's Not Here cup. 

Good eye!  I used to go there back in the day, so I got curious about how long they've been there.  They opened in '72 and while on their website, I noticed that it mentioned 'famous' people who've been there, and they included Chase Rice!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Just watched the clip during the credits, Victoria and Peter are shooting hoops and Victoria yells out "KOBE!" while Peter is shooting. Got a big Yikes Face from me there, Editors.

I did a second take too, but I thought it was "Go, P!" 

• Love 2
On 1/27/2020 at 8:26 PM, leighdear said:

She's just over-reacting in such a ridiculous, like, ya know, like idiotic and like WAY too stupid manner.  Like, ya know?

What's funny, is that when we want to show that we enjoy each other's posts, we have to click on something that says "Like"!

On 1/27/2020 at 9:09 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I first heard the term in this viral video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzDFNj4Y-Q8

I watched the video, and the woman said she is famous.  Who is she?

• LOL 1

Mykenna's face while they're waiting for the date card! The editors sure chose to include one of the most unattractive shots of her they could find.

So is Odell Beckham Jr going to join them for the group date? I'd say maybe the new head coach Kevin Stefanski would join them except he was still with the Vikings at the time this was filmed.

Victoria P. sure is shady. I'm on Aliyah's side on this one.

Funny, Peter is talking about trusting Victoria and there's a big shark swimming in the tank behind him. Are the editors doing some symbolism here?

So I wonder if Chelsey's ex-boyfriend will show up and serenade Peter and her on their date?

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I watched the video, and the woman said she is famous.  Who is she?

LOL, it's a joke!  She is joking!

23 minutes ago, kazza said:

A lot of people say "Kobe!" when they shoot a basketball, or when they're throwing a piece of paper into the trash like a basketball.  Like an entire generation of people.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

A lot of people say "Kobe!" when they shoot a basketball, or when they're throwing a piece of paper into the trash like a basketball.  Like an entire generation of people.

I hadn't realized an entire generation of people said that (thank you - I genuinely didn't know), but the captions say, "Go, P!"

Edited by kazza

Forget the drama, guys... did you hear that they filmed this episode in CLEVELAND?! Maybe they didn't mention CLEVELAND enough for everyone to pick up on it, but yes, this episode was filmed right here in CLEVELAND!! 

Ok, so I enjoyed this ridiculously because it is not often my city is featured with such enthusiasm and large sums of money from our tourist board. (The beautiful "flee to the Cleve" 30 Rock episode is one of the only great tributes to our city springing to mind). My best friend and I were on the edge of the seat waiting for the girls' reactions to the destination announcement, and boy, it did not disappoint!! Despite the fact that I'm pretty sure I've seen past groups cheer over places like Richmond, VA, we died laughing over the frozen expressions as Chris Harrison revealed Cleveland following a gleeful buildup as if he were about to announce a trip to the Rome of the United States.

So, here is a rundown of commentary as a local. First of all, yes, Cleveland does claim Superman because apparently he was invented here in the city. Our public library (which is a beautiful building) had a full Superman exhibition running for quite awhile. 

Cedar Point is one of the best rollercoaster parks in the world, and they are beyond lucky to have gotten to skip the 1-2 hour wait times that the rest of us peasants have to suffer through all season. I really wanted to see "afraid of heights" Victoria F on the Top Thrill Dragster though. The "gangster country" (isn't that the popular fad these days?) ex was hilarious, especially as Peter was totally fanboying over him while Chase was trying to dig out info about how well things were going with Vic F. Pretty sure his shocked reaction at dinner was more over the son of a bitch producers who set him up like that rather than any real feelings on Victoria dating him (plus maybe realizing these girls can get score much hotter guys).

My friend's husband came upstairs as they were exiting the building to the cello player and noted the police cars lined up to the sides obviously holding back the real cracked out Cleveland panhandlers who would be yelling at Peter to buy a flower for the pretty lady and spare them a cigarette too.

Oh... Browns stadium... really?? But we have Jacobs Field and the Cavs fieldhouse...? I'm guessing the Browns paid the show to use their stadium and not vice versa. My best friend noted that this was not the worst game that has ever been played on that field. We also had to yell down to her husband to ask if Cribbs was a Browns guy, a Brown? which led to an entertaining debate on whether Browns has a singular useage. (I'm a Steelers fan myself as much as I'm a fan of any sport which is very little.)

And Alayah is back yet again rocking the pants and heels look (get it, girl), and Victoria P sucks so bad and is now outed as a liar on top of it but thinks if she cries hard enough Peter won't remember what to be mad at her about. Turns out she's right.

ALSO, my best friend got married at Windows on the River in that exact room where they had the disastrous night portion of the date. I walked down those stairs as a bridesmaid! And the aquarium is attached- I kept waiting for a makeout in the shark tunnel, but I had to settle for Peter brooding in the shark tunnel instead. I mean, at least we got a cameo by the sharks.

Downtown is actually nice, for the record, and Kelsey's walking date was in the best part of the city around East 4th (pedestrian street of restaurants and bars). I knew they were walking into The Corner Alley as soon as I saw the spot where they were standing. Pierogies and polka make sense because our Polish community is pretty prevalent (big Dyngus Day celebration every year), but I really wish they'd have shown more of the Rock Hall or, like, featured more rock and roll in general on this show instead of the grating nobody country acts they return to time and time again. Does anyone remember the Bachelor Pad episode where they all had to sing "Sister Christian"?! More of that, please!

Damn, that was a nice fireworks display for some random night in Sept/Oct on the river! Where was I? Why did they not announce that the Flats were doing reality TV funded fireworks? Those Nautica cruises are a good time too, especially if you're not stuck on a date with Peter.

Hey guys, thanks for sticking with me here. This was an exciting time as a Clevelander. Also there are way cooler things to do in this city than some of the lame spots they picked (Browns Stadium is the specific date I am referring to) and if anyone ever decides to visit the CLE, slide into my DMs and I'll link you my travel blog entry of all the awesome things here. REALLY IT'S NOT SO BAD. Ok see ya next time and I'll actually talk about the show again.

ETA: I loved when that soap box derby kid called him Pilot Pete. He sounds like a Lego character.

11 hours ago, Rainsong said:

But soft!  What light through yonder window breaks?  It is the East and Juliet Ohio is the sun!  Conductor, cue the staccato strings!  Signal the tubular bells to be rung!  They’re going to…where?  Mexico?  Argentina?  Bora Bora?  Bakersfield?  Nothing so predictable or cliched, ladies.  You’re going to – it’s hard to get the words out – Cleveland!

Rainsong, I so appreciate your disclaimer and your very apt Cleveland jokes. Special shoutout to you this week!

Edited by jade.black
  • Useful 1
  • Love 22
On 1/27/2020 at 6:57 PM, tennisgurl said:

“Hmmmm all of this reminds me of some other situation...where everyone told a main person on this show that the person they were super into is awful...and that person says everyone is ganging up on them...what could it be....”-Peter, who has totally blocked out his whole Bachelorette season.

100% Yes!! I was yelling at the tv...”Peter!! You just went through all of this with Luke P. You yourself kept saying how you didn’t understand how Hannah couldn’t see it (no one liking Luke P). Ugh! So frustrating!! And, hearing “like” so often is annoying - I do agree. But my gosh  if one more person says Peter and “I’s” or anyone else and “I’s” I think I will like literally Scream!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

I heard a wierd theory today someone said maybe the 2 girls had a fling? Maybe thats why victoria wants nothing to do with her?

I would totally believe that.  I think there is serious chemistry between them.  Did anyone else notice how in the middle of their fight, Victoria reached over and started stroking Alaya's eyebrow (or thereabouts)? It was very intimate.  Actually, Victoria may have been wiping away Alaya's tears.  Either way, it was strange.

Edited by Alexander Pope
edited upon further thought
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

How could they have passed up a chance to film part of the episode at the Christmas Story house?  Boo hiss.

I wonder what Mykiller or whatever her name is would look like if someone took a hedge clipper to those insane eyebrows.  Maybe she wouldn't look so much like an angry badger all the time.

Edited by EllenB
Because autocorrupt doesn't know the difference between FILM and FILL.
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

Something else that reminded me how truly idiotic Peter seems to be is his idea for family planning. Have an even number of children so as to optimize amusement park rides. I can't believe he is an actual commercial pilot, and I hope I've never been or ever will be on his plane. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, kazza said:

Oh, that explains why he couldn't make a single basket, jumping around with that full bladder!

I thought I heard "Kobe!" and cringed, but then I realized it probably wouldn't have been possible to get all the necessary people in the room together to get the tape edited and back out for airing in time, considering it's been in the can for months now. So I give them a pass for leaving it in. And even if closed caption had it as "Go P!" it's not like CC hasn't gotten it wrong a time or two...thousand.

2 hours ago, jade.black said:

it is not often my city is featured with such enthusiasm

I know it's been a few years since it aired, but tonight Betty White is somewhere crying, sad that a solid five years of her life on TV have been forgotten.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, dvr devotee said:
7 hours ago, kazza said:

Oh, that explains why he couldn't make a single basket, jumping around with that full bladder!

LOL!!! 😂

I thought it was "Go Pete!" 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, legxleg said:

Superman was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster while they lived in Cleveland. Cleveland is very proud of this fact. So much so that I, a Clevelander, was genuinely surprised that everyone didn't know this XD.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/cleveland-the-true-birthplace-of-superman-56671378/

So ultimately Cleveland is responsible for Superman IV: A Quest for Peace?

Still waiting for an apology...

🙂

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, EllenB said:

How could they have passed up a chance to film part of the episode at the Christmas Story house?  Boo hiss.

I wonder what Mykiller or whatever her name is would look like if someone took a hedge clipper to those insane eyebrows.  Maybe she wouldn't look so much like an angry badger all the time.

I dunno... I think what’s not doing her any favors is going blonde. I respect some proud eyebrows going back to my “I am going to marry Jennifer Connelly” days. But NotMykenna’s brows just draw attention to her false blondehood.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, jade.black said:

Forget the drama, guys... did you hear that they filmed this episode in CLEVELAND?! Maybe they didn't mention CLEVELAND enough for everyone to pick up on it, but yes, this episode was filmed right here in CLEVELAND!! 

Ok, so I enjoyed this ridiculously because it is not often my city is featured with such enthusiasm and large sums of money from our tourist board. (The beautiful "flee to the Cleve" 30 Rock episode is one of the only great tributes to our city springing to mind). 

When I hear Cleveland, I always think of Drew Carey and gang telling me how much Cleveland ROCKS!!!  I’m old, though...

• Love 9

Their frozen dumbfounded looks when Chris Harrison said “Cleveland” was because collectively, they’d be unable to identify even the state of Ohio on a map, let alone the city. 
Like, I think Cleveland is like, a new island in the Bahamas which is, like, so cool because, like, I brought 16 bikinis and Peter is gonna, like, think I’m so hot. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Arkay said:

Something else that reminded me how truly idiotic Peter seems to be is his idea for family planning. Have an even number of children so as to optimize amusement park rides. I can't believe he is an actual commercial pilot, and I hope I've never been or ever will be on his plane. 

It's not an uncommon attitude, for a couple to want two kids so they won't be outnumbered, and that there's not one parent per child once you get to three or more children. Peter was in an amusement park, so his family planning "philosophy" centered around that. As we've seen, recency bias is an issue for Peter: he seems to go with the thing/person that's right in front of him at the moment. If the date had been in a mall, it would be, "I want two kids so if they run in two differernt directions, each of us can go after one of them," or whatever. 

Edited by Dejana
My autocorrect corrects Peter, apparently
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Arkay said:

Yeah, seriously.  And I can't stand when people say "I need to have X amount of kids because Y is too many or too little" or whatever.  Huge pet peeve.  It's like how people talk when they're 5 or I'll give you 15 - but not 25 - please.

8 hours ago, dvr devotee said:

I know it's been a few years since it aired, but tonight Betty White is somewhere crying, sad that a solid five years of her life on TV have been forgotten.

Haha, I really like that show.

8 hours ago, dvr devotee said:

Omg I can't believe I entirely forgot about Hot in Cleveland. What a gem of a show. And I constantly reference being a solid 10 in Cleveland vs a 6 in LA too. I'm so sorry, Betty White!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sterling said:

Their frozen dumbfounded looks when Chris Harrison said “Cleveland” was because collectively, they’d be unable to identify even the state of Ohio on a map, let alone the city. 
Like, I think Cleveland is like, a new island in the Bahamas which is, like, so cool because, like, I brought 16 bikinis and Peter is gonna, like, think I’m so hot. 

Reminds me of the contestant a few seasons back who was worried about going to New Mexico because she couldn't find her passport.  

Peter is really making both Bens look like brilliant, charismatic, chick-magnets.  

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

I always assume they choose country music most of the time to appeal to what they think is a "heart land" demographic.  And BTW, Cleveland and the Midwest have the warmest and most loving people in the world, and they all love country music!

That makes sense. I used to travel to MI a lot and was surprised at how popular country is there. I live in Texas, which is filled to the brim with country music and just expected a show produced in CA to not have so much country. In the case of this episode, I just found it interesting that the showrunners called out the rock and roll aspect of Cleveland a couple of times, but had no rock and roll music. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Captain Asshat said:

That makes sense. I used to travel to MI a lot and was surprised at how popular country is there. I live in Texas, which is filled to the brim with country music and just expected a show produced in CA to not have so much country. In the case of this episode, I just found it interesting that the showrunners called out the rock and roll aspect of Cleveland a couple of times, but had no rock and roll music. 

I totally agree with you and was also disappointed! I think the show runners are being cynical.  Or maybe they just wanted to bring Chase in.

• Love 3

Well I like both Victorias, Alayah, and Sydney more than Peter. All those women can and will do better when this show is over.

Watching Victoria F pretend to be attracted to Peter while he danced like THAT gave me a big chuckle.

Peter was an awful choice. I always thought he would be. All the women should walk off. I'm not convinced ANY are attracted to him. They are fighting for more tv time for their insta careers AS THEY SHOULD BE because Peter offers nothing. I haven't watched forever. But he is the worst choice. He does not have a single attractive quality. No charm, no swag, no sexy, still built like a boy, can't make a decision, can't make conversation, and so sheltered he has a problem relating to anyone who didn't grow up like him; he's just simple. He doesn't feel like a grown man. I would like to apologize to all the previous bachelors I clowned, included Colton, because at least Colton looked good walking around shirtless, wanted a committed relationship, and knew what he wanted. Peter has made all of the previous bachelors look better. 

Edited by dirtypop90
Typo
  • Love 10

jade.black    I loved your post on Cleveland.  After watching the show, reading the posts on Cleveland and even seeing the youtube video of the Hastily Made Cleveland Tourism Video, I would love to visit Cleveland.  (No Cleveland jokes here; I really would.)

I live in the south in an area where we have a lot of transplants and the nicest people seem to come from Ohio--and Wisconsin.)

(BTW,  if you enjoy reading--  have you read the comedy novels by Jennifer Crusie?  They are great and set in Ohio.  Because I couldn't remember her last name and I was too lazy to walk into the next room and actually check out her name from a book on my bookshelf, I googled author/Jennifer/novels set in Ohio, and it brought up this: https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/ohio/novels-based-in-ohio/  FWIW.)

So, to keep from being totally off topic: :

This season is a trainwreck, Peter is a big disappointment and this forum is the best part of the show.

Edited by rebel2u
I can't spell
  • Love 7

I can't help but wonder if Victoria and Chase were in a relationship or if it was a one night stand.  Each has a different version, so someone is lying. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, rebel2u said:

jade.black    I lovd your post on Cleveland.  After watching the show, reading the posts on Cleveland and even seeing the youtube video of the Hastily Made Cleveland Tourism Video, I would love to visit Cleveland.  (No Cleveland jokes here; I really would.)

Thanks!! Let me know if you do, I have loads of advice! Also I do love to read and will take a look at that list. 🙂 

• Love 1