Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E08: Sheer Genius

• Start Topic

I honestly don't know whether I'm more mad at Victoria for being Victoria or at the judges for being either so blind and completely devoid of taste or so morally weak and passionless about their jobs that they let producers tell them what to say and who to save even when it's so blatantly wrong and unjust. 

I think Nina Garcia should be fired from her job at Elle. I'm not kidding, she is in-sane for praising that monstrosity of a dress and thinking it would make for a good editorial. I wouldn't let that dress near any fashion magazine I know of. Or any magazine, period, actually.

Pepper Mostly said her screams when they announced Victoria was safe could be heard from miles away, mine literally woke up my boyfriend in the other room. I just can't get over the fact she keeps doing whatever she wants to do regardless of what the task is (David Bowie jumpsuit for the heritage challenge, 75% white outfit for the pattern challenge, this super-cheap looking, not-sheer, bursting at the seams pale yellow eyesore with that horrid huge flap in the front for the sheer challenge) and the judges still give her a pass every single time. 
Come on, they know there's no way she didn't understand what sheer meant. Apart from Geoffrey and Nancy telling her and Karlie wearing it when the challenge was announced, Christian literally took her to the sheer fabric section at Mood. I'm sorry, but how dumb can you be to still not get it? I would understand the Mongolian word for sheer if someone led me to it, pointed it to me and said "this, sheer." She is clearly using her bad English as an excuse and it's crazy that nobody's calling her out on it.

On 1/31/2020 at 9:47 PM, mightysparrow said:

Do the producers think that Victoria is interesting and makes for good TV?  They need to actually watch this show because there are people much more interesting (and more TALENTED) than her in the cast. The show won't suffer if she leaves.

The fact they saved her actually makes me want to stop watching the show entirely, so I honestly don't understand what their strategy is in keeping her.

On 1/31/2020 at 8:14 PM, dleighg said:

Yes, it certainly sounded like she did-- she said that some hundreds of garments were sold in one day.

To her husband, she forgot to add. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
14 minutes ago, stormy weather said:

I think Nina Garcia should be fired from her job at Elle. I'm not kidding, she is in-sane for praising that monstrosity of a dress and thinking it would make for a good editorial.

Now that I think of it, that dress would be good in the "don'ts" section. Which magazine used to do that and does it still run that page?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Note to Karli:

A pool cover is a cover that you put on top of a pool.  The color is usually very close to the color Chelsey used.

A pool coverup is something you wear over a bathing suit.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was totally confused by Karli's statement.  The color of the material didn't help.

• Love 21
On 1/31/2020 at 1:52 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I really hope those models did not witness the model selecting.

Obnoxious.

They chose small to large.

That is the way of the world.  I have been very heavy and thin and I have experienced it all.  Lots of people are "obnoxious".  At least they have a practical reason, easier to design for a conventional model.  Went they had to choose models I immediately thought how will sheer fit the curvy girls?  I knew I'd avoid picking them because of uncertainty.  Maybe Victoria was also angry that she had to fit a curvy girl.  She wanted to quit because it wasn't going to be easy to make her usual dress with sheer materials on a curvy girl.  That's why she didn't buy sheer materials - she didn't want to.  You couldn't make that typical dress with sheer material.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
On 1/31/2020 at 6:18 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

While I didn't have any real objections to the color, I believed it was just plain too tight.  Her breasteses appeared to be looking for an escape portal, and that was it's best feature.  I mean, come on:

Screenshot (93).png

14 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Victoria's hideous yellow thing looked like something she intentionally threw together as shittily as possible to spite Christian (how dare he criticize her?!?!) and to spite the rules, which she apparently thinks do not apply to her.

Can you imagine what she'd make for a client whose preferences did not align with hers?  I can:  That hideous yellow thing that she put out on the runway out of spite.   She is not open to anything other than affirmation of her own genius.

The more that I’ve thought about it, I’m wondering if Victoria was mad about not winning the previous week as well as mad that she ended up with a curvy model for this week. Hence, the temper tantrum. I’m also wondering now if she picked the yellow fabric to mimic Brittany’s winning look from the previous week. As if Victoria said to herself that if the judges like a yellow dress with a high/low skirt then that’s what she would give them. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Jolie said:

This brings to mind a commercial during Demand On DirectTV where a woman is sitting there talking about her girls being with her forever, through good times and bad times yada yada. I'm always fooled into thinking she's talking about her friends, but nope, it's her breasts.  HAHA

It really was a toss-up as to who made the worst garment this week, but I would have kept Chelsea just for her positive energy and upbeat personality. I love her story; she deserves the chance. Victoria sucks all the energy out the room. Her garment was pretty bad and you just know that next week, she'll be back to making the same dress. She is pretty though, and pretty people seem to have a pass that many of us don't have.  One positive thing about Victoria is that I know know where Moldova is because I had to look it up. It's east of Romania if anyone cares, and Romanian is their main language. 🙂

My husband visited an international food shop here near Seattle recently, and bought a sack of some kind of hard pretzelish things with a vanilla flavor. They were disappointing. I took a good look at the label today and they’re from Moldova. I have barely ever heard of Moldova before. 

On 1/31/2020 at 5:58 PM, chitowngirl said:

Can you imagine what Victoria’s interview with Christian would have been like?

I hope we get a chance to find out...

On 1/31/2020 at 5:58 PM, chitowngirl said:
Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 1/30/2020 at 9:19 PM, nb360 said:

Sergio describing his design (rough translation): "My design is yet another story of how I'm going to appropriate another person's narrative and demonstrate their amazing political courage."

I don’t get what you mean by “appropriate” another person’s story?  That model was beaming when he told her story to the judges.  

• Love 1
On 1/31/2020 at 7:18 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

While I didn't have any real objections to the color, I believed it was just plain too tight.  Her breasteses appeared to be looking for an escape portal, and that was it's best feature.  I mean, come on:

Screenshot (93).png

This photo makes it hard to believe that Victoria stayed for any reason then producers choice.  Not sheer.  Poor fit.  Looks like she stole grandmother's curtains for one side of the dress.  Sheer nowhere.  Same old dress in the worst fabric.  It didn't look like a runway dress.  At least Chelsea's dress looked like fashion not rag bag.  

1 hour ago, Angeleyes said:

The more that I’ve thought about it, I’m wondering if Victoria was mad about not winning the previous week as well as mad that she ended up with a curvy model for this week. Hence, the temper tantrum. I’m also wondering now if she picked the yellow fabric to mimic Brittany’s winning look from the previous week. As if Victoria said to herself that if the judges like a yellow dress with a high/low skirt then that’s what she would give them. 

She was also mad that nobody picked her earlier.  She may also tried to quit because she is realizing that that she doesn't know how to design - just sew one dress. She knows she is out of ideas - she just has one idea.

• Love 10

I've loved Victoria most of the competition, both personal and most of her designs. I felt like last week was her bad week and I didn't mind her staying to redeem herself. THIS week? An absolute disgrace and she 100% should've gone home! Her attitude was just revolting and she basically threw a tantrum. She was mad because she didn't want to do the challenge. She understood it, but didn't like it (much like the pattern challenge) so she throws a tantrum. Throw in the fact that she tried to quit and still had given up on the Runway, I don't see how you justify keeping her.  I would hate to see her go because she's done well most of the competition, but she would have done it to herself.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Maybe Victoria was also angry that she had to fit a curvy girl.  She wanted to quit because it wasn't going to be easy to make her usual dress with sheer materials on a curvy girl.  That's why she didn't buy sheer materials - she didn't want to.  You couldn't make that typical dress with sheer material.

Victoria did buy sheer material. You can see in several shots throughout the episode when she's holding up the material in the air that it's sheer. She either lined the dress or layered too much of the sheer material so that it was no longer sheer. When Christian told her that her dress wasn't very sheer, she said, "But I used sheer material," and he said, "But you can't see very much skin." He then advised her to find a way to show more skin and make the dress more sheer.

• Love 12

I think what Victoria didn’t understand about the challenge was to design a different dress than her usual that used sheer fabric in a clever way that kept it sheer but tasteful.  When Christian explained the challenge BEYOND the word sheer she couldn’t do it. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Note to Karli:

A pool cover is a cover that you put on top of a pool.  The color is usually very close to the color Chelsey used.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was totally confused by Karli's statement.  The color of the material didn't help.

Thank you! Yes, it was the COLOR, too, of Chelsey’s outfit that made me think Karlie was referring to the cover you put on top of a pool. It was subconscious until you clarified. Now I don’t feel as silly!

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Kira53 said:

This photo makes it hard to believe that Victoria stayed for any reason then producers choice.  Not sheer.  Poor fit.  Looks like she stole grandmother's curtains for one side of the dress.  Sheer nowhere.  Same old dress in the worst fabric.  It didn't look like a runway dress.  At least Chelsea's dress looked like fashion not rag bag.  

She was also mad that nobody picked her earlier.  She may also tried to quit because she is realizing that that she doesn't know how to design - just sew one dress. She knows she is out of ideas - she just has one idea.

14 hours ago, KnotsLanding said:

I've loved Victoria most of the competition, both personal and most of her designs. I felt like last week was her bad week and I didn't mind her staying to redeem herself. THIS week? An absolute disgrace and she 100% should've gone home! Her attitude was just revolting and she basically threw a tantrum. She was mad because she didn't want to do the challenge. She understood it, but didn't like it (much like the pattern challenge) so she throws a tantrum. Throw in the fact that she tried to quit and still had given up on the Runway, I don't see how you justify keeping her.  I would hate to see her go because she's done well most of the competition, but she would have done it to herself.

In addition to an eye roll button, they need to add an “I could not possibly love this post more” button.

I also agree with the poster who wrote that if the producers think insisting Victoria stay is good TV, they are wrong. I also want to delete this from my DVR. I am watching only for Christian and Geoffrey at this point.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Kira53 said:

You mean like Anya, who couldn't even sew?  She won.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, auntlada said:

Now that I think of it, that dress would be good in the "don'ts" section. Which magazine used to do that and does it still run that page?

It was Glamour. The back page dos and don’ts with the black bars over people’s faces. They no longer have a print edition, and I don’t know whether they run it in the digital edition.

3 minutes ago, Brookside said:

You mean like Anya, who couldn't even sew?  She won.

That was why I bailed on the Lifetime version after Season 9. Anya winning despite the fact that she couldn’t sew anything more complicated than drapey sleeveless gowns was so obviously a producer preference.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I hope Dayoung is okay, but that was pretty OTT. I mean, I have a health condition that makes me very frail, but I have never had to have someone cut my meat. 

I will refrain from futile bitching about the judges decisions.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

My top 3 were Delvin, Brittany and Sergio. I was a little torn on some of his fringe but it did look good when she was walking. 

I also don't mind the Delvin and Brittany snark--partly because I could not see why there were not top 3 and partly because they were giving their take on the looks, which I'm fine on getting. 

I was very sad to see Chelsea go. I found her interesting and would have liked to see more.

Victoria's was so bad (other than the color) and it was her second week in the bottom, so I wanted her to leave. I do think anyone working in their second language has a bit more of an uphill climb on fully grasping the challenge but shear is not that hard of a concept to translate (as opposed, perhaps to "streetwear" which could mean various things). So, I'm out of sympathy on that explanation for the mess she had. 

• Love 8
On 2/1/2020 at 5:00 PM, LucindaWalsh said:

Brittany is a mean girl. I was on the fence about it until last episode when she was berating the sales clerk to hurry hurry hurry and snatched the stuff. It wasn't done in an I am on a time limit way but in an You idiot! You incompetent worker! way. 

I noticed that too--it's not the clerk's fault you took so long to pick out your fabric and you certainly don't yell at them because of your lousy time management.  I also hope that Nancy continues to do well because any praise she gets from the judges causes Brittany to lose her mind--good times.

Victoria would have gained some respect if she admitted to having a freak out about the challenge and wanting to leave--I think every one of us has had a moment where we want to give up--but she didn't and instead tried to play the victim.  She can go at any time.

• Love 16
On 2/1/2020 at 8:34 PM, breezy424 said:

Note to Karli:

Not sure I've ever used the word "pool" when describing something I would wear over a swimsuit.  I would call it a bathing or swimsuit cover or cover up.  Now maybe that's a regional thing?  I can't imagine a model actually confusing the two, but there it is, on tape.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 7

I was trying to read all 5 pages before saying this- but damn, 5 pages. Victoria did say what is this sheer? and Brittany told her it's what Karlie is wearing- it's see-through. What has also been pointed out, is that Christian DID try and direct her to sheer fabrics at Mood, and she flat out refused. You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make them drink....

I think that the judges are partly to blame for Victoria feeling like she could ignore the parameters of the given challenge, because they have let her get away with it before. I think that anyone who wants to quit, should do so. There will only be one winner, so it doesn't really matter if a contestant sends themselves "home" or the judges do.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I hope Dayoung is okay, but that was pretty OTT. I mean, I have a health condition that makes me very frail, but I have never had to have someone cut my meat. 

I agree, TVBitch. To me, there either has to be a severe underlying medical/health issue, OR she just couldn't cope with being on the show. I am not by any means saying that the show isn't stress-inducing, sleep-depriving, work till your eyes can't stay open, but some people can either manage within those parameters and some cannot. I really hope she is OK too and that nothing is seriously wrong with her. But it was pretty OTT and I'm guilty of rolling my eyes. 

Edited by hookedontv
  • Love 7
On 1/31/2020 at 10:41 AM, sasha206 said:

Victoria is pretty, but she needs to stop with the cat eye.  She doesn't have the eye shape for it.

I am not surprised they kept her; the other design was shit.  

I personally liked Brittany's the best.  I thought it was beautiful.  I thought Sergio's looked old ladyish.  I didn't like Nancy's fabric and definitely thought Marquis was shitty.

It's not that it's that she doesn't do it well. I hate seeing people do the wing/cat eye look with barely any liner. It's meant to be dramatic no some thin curved line at the end of the eyeline. Either commit to it or go with a more muted eye look. It looks so out of place.

• Love 2

I agree, TVBitch. To me, there either has to be a severe underlying medical/health issue, OR she just couldn't cope with being on the show. I am not by any means saying that the show isn't stress-inducing, sleep-depriving, work till your eyes can't stay open, but some people can either manage within those parameters and some cannot. I really hope she is OK too and that nothing is seriously wrong with her. But it was pretty OTT and I'm guilting of rolling my eyes. 

Someone posted that Dayoung might have MONO, which makes perfect sense.  Other blood disorders would probably have been discovered with the first blood draw.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 2/1/2020 at 10:33 PM, Lemons said:

I don’t get what you mean by “appropriate” another person’s story?  That model was beaming when he told her story to the judges.  

I get Sergio building a story around his design or maybe building a design around a story. If not, it's just a sheer outfit. I'm a teacher, and I build my lessons/activities around themes, so I get that mindset.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, 3jt said:

What has also been pointed out, is that Christian DID try and direct her to sheer fabrics at Mood, and she flat out refused. You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make them drink...

She did buy sheer fabric. She just didn’t use it correctly for the challenge. 

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

She did buy sheer fabric. She just didn’t use it correctly for the challenge. 

Because Victoria doesn't seem to think the challenge parameters apply to her. Victoria makes what she wants and only what she wants. When she senses that it may not be well received, she cries and wringes her hands and says she just doesn't understand. Victoria knows exactly what she's doing. And the judges are allowing her to do it because she's still there. She should have been aufed. 

• Love 23
On 1/31/2020 at 9:00 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The funny thing is that when Torrance Shipman insisted that the Clovers had to compete at nationals because they were the best, I believed her.

Am I dating myself because I totally get this reference?  Also, I canNOT believe this movie was 20 years ago.  Sheesh!

I'm ok with Marquise being in the top.  All they really need is who they agree is top and bottom.  The rest of the middle top & bottom can be whomever it needs to be to further a story.  It IS a show, after all.  Even the bottom each week doesn't have to be the absolute worse.  I am happier with the judging now that we're back on Bravo.  Last season, if we were on Lifetime, it would have been Hester for the win.  Instead, the best designer actually won - someone like Christian, who actually has a chance of making a good career out of this.  I'm still confidently hopeful this trend will continue.

• Love 5
On 1/31/2020 at 2:39 PM, 30 Helens said:

He is a little needy, but I think I love Geoffrey.  But as his new BFF, I would feel compelled to advise him to reconsider the plug earrings.  Hate those things.

I believe ear plugs (gages) are a (?lifetime) commitment bc the diameter increases cm by cm over time. If they're removed he's left with saggy holes in his earlobes. I suppose a plastic surgeon would be able to fix it somehow, but I really don't know. I have no experience with this. 

I think Victoria is doing what we used to say, "fishing for compliments." It was just a few episodes ago when she was saying something like "gee, I'm always on top, I just can't help it. I hope y'all don't hate me."

I think Christian & the other designers are getting sick of her rude and hateful attitude; it wouldn't surprise me if she declined an after show interview with Christian. Just let us see her flounce out of the building, lol, if she ever gets auffed.

The others didn't talk to her in the stew room bc earlier she told them "don't speak to me." 

• Love 7
On 1/31/2020 at 4:23 PM, dleighg said:
On 1/31/2020 at 2:53 PM, watch2much said:

Am I the only one that thought it was odd that Dayoung got sick right after she got the last available model. The one everyone else passed by? 

I thought it was interesting that this meant that returning Maquis (sp?) got the least favored model. Guess that's "appropriate" but it's kind of amusing that it worked out that way.

Or, you could say, Marquise got the model he screwed up on and was able to redeem himself with her.  His entire problem on his auffing episode was that he was self taught and hadn't worked with busty/plus sized models before. 

• Love 6
On 1/31/2020 at 1:52 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I really hope those models did not witness the model selecting.

Obnoxious.

They chose small to large.

Not obnoxious at all.  They chose the model that they thought would wear their design the best.  These women chose a profession where they are hired for a job based solely on their looks and their body. 

karlie made big money because her tall thin body with perfect proportions make clothes look great.   I would have chosen the thin model with small breasts too.  

• Love 5

In the Christian after show videos on the Bravo site, Dayoung did say she did not enter the competition completely healthy. It was never said what was wrong with her, but she looked good in the video.

In Chelsey's segment of the after show she said that she and someone else (I forgot who) told Victoria what sheer meant, so Victoria's excuse did not fly. She also said that everyone thinks about quitting the show at some point, but most of them do not verbalize it and act like a toddler by throwing a tantrum. Okay, I added the throw a tantrum/toddler part, but she did say the rest.

4 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

I think Victoria is doing what we used to say, "fishing for compliments." It was just a few episodes ago when she was saying something like "gee, I'm always on top, I just can't help it. I hope y'all don't hate me."

I noticed this as well. It did seem like she was fishing.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 4
On 2/2/2020 at 6:33 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Victoria did buy sheer material. You can see in several shots throughout the episode when she's holding up the material in the air that it's sheer. She either lined the dress or layered too much of the sheer material so that it was no longer sheer. When Christian told her that her dress wasn't very sheer, she said, "But I used sheer material," and he said, "But you can't see very much skin." He then advised her to find a way to show more skin and make the dress more sheer.

Yes, and I'm thinking the second option (layers that became opaque), because in her mind that was probably still doing what the challenge said. Or she could have claimed it was.

I think Victoria was maybe expecting to be seen as resourceful for using the sheer material and making it opaque in an "I followed the directive of the challenge by using the sheer fabric, but see I made it better," way. (Where "better" = what she likes / wants.) ...and then when Christian questioned her choice, she was annoyed that he didn't see her "brilliance" of subverting the challenge.

But no, Victoria, using sheer fabric and making it look opaque just defeats the purpose of the challenge. If the judges wanted something that wasn't sheer, then they would've had you use regular fabric. But instead of listening to Christian and fixing her garment, she pouted, claimed she didn't have time to do it correctly, and doubled down on the opaque.

I mean couldn't she have made it interesting - and followed the challenge - if she cut away some of the layers in certain places? Like maybe thin strips of sheer between more layered opaque parts.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AwesomO4000 said:

instead of listening to Christian and fixing her garment, she pouted, claimed she didn't have time to do it correctly, and doubled down on the opaque.

What made no sense to me is that when Christian told her to make it more sheer, she said she couldn't because she had already cut her material. But she then showed him a pile of strips of sheer yellow fabric which made me wonder why that was her excuse for not making it that sheer. If you are making sheer fabric opaque by layering pieces of sher fabric on top of each other, you can just remove a piece or two of the fabric so that it's sheer.

I know I probably shouldn't try to apply any logic to this because she was clearly just making excuses and wasn't going to veer from her original design at all, but it just made no sense to me when she said that to Christian.

If she was going to insist on using all the layers of sheer fabric that she'd already cut out, she could have cut a pattern or shape out of the middle of one of those panels so that she could still use exactly the pieces she had cut but create a sheer area.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

I think Christian & the other designers are getting sick of her rude and hateful attitude; it wouldn't surprise me if she declined an after show interview with Christian. Just let us see her flounce out of the building, lol, if she ever gets auffed.

I suspect that it's in their contracts to sit for the auffed interview, whether they want to or not.

• Love 2
On 1/31/2020 at 4:18 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

While I didn't have any real objections to the color, I believed it was just plain too tight.  Her breasteses appeared to be looking for an escape portal, and that was its best feature.  I mean, come on:

Screenshot (93).png

Edited Yest. at 05:02 AM by SuprSuprElevated · Reason: its not it's

Thank you for the screenshot. Looking at it now in a still picture, it's an unmitigated disaster. I cannot believe she did not go home. There is no excuse for this mess. The model looks like she got caught in a tornado. The ONLY reason Victoria did not get the boot is the model walked like it was a million dollar dress. And Elaine's not wrong; her body IS bangin. Victoria owes a debt to the model for selling this like nobody's business because the design itself is garbage. Absolute garbage.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

What made no sense to me is that when Christian told her to make it more sheer, she said she couldn't because she had already cut her material.

Oh yes, I forgot about the "already cut her material" excuse. And yeah, that made little sense because:

11 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

If she was going to insist on using all the layers of sheer fabric that she'd already cut out, she could have cut a pattern or shape out of the middle of one of those panels so that she could still use exactly the pieces she had cut but create a sheer area.

Exactly. As I considered above, maybe a vertical striped pattern could have been interesting with some opaque parts over the sensitive areas. That fabric with the lacy panel (on the left in the photo SuprSuprElevated provided above) was sort of hideous, though, and should have been used much more sparingly. The predone lace panel "pattern" hung strangely and made the material's usefulness limited, so it wouldn't have worked for a more creative design. Or much of any design, in my opinion. Maybe some sunny bathroom curtains? Otherwise I got nothing.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Thank you for the screenshot. Looking at it now in a still picture, it's an unmitigated disaster. I cannot believe she did not go home. There is no excuse for this mess. The model looks like she got caught in a tornado. The ONLY reason Victoria did not get the boot is the model walked like it was a million dollar dress. And Elaine's not wrong; her body IS bangin. Victoria owes a debt to the model for selling this like nobody's business because the design itself is garbage. Absolute garbage.

The model has perfect proportions but the dress was too tight and ill fitting.  It looked like it would rip at the seam as soon as she tried to sit down and get comfortable.  Victoria should have gone home.  

Edited by Lemons
  • Love 6
Just now, Lemons said:

The model has perfect proportions but the dress was too tight and ill fitting.

Yes it was, and that's not even taking into account the frankenstein look of it. It looks like four different dresses pieced together. It's awful in every way.

• Love 5

I was so upset when they announced the person going home I yelled a swear word and shut my TV off. I came here fully expecting Christian to have saved her. I do feel that Victoria should have been auffed for her horrible design and attitude. From what I've read about Victoria, her husband is a professional soccer player and he bankrolled her store. I've heard numerous reports of her selling 200 hundred dresses in the first day, but I haven't heard much about her selling much after that. I have a feeling she is very used to getting whatever she wants and isn't told "no" very often.

I think Brittany and Devlin are funny. The way I took what they were saying watching the judges was that they were praying it was Nancy and not Sergio.

I liked Nancy's better than Sergio's, but I hated Marquese's. I felt Geoffery or Devlin should have been in the top instead.

• Love 5

Oh, and I have to add after a rewatch that I am loving the Nancy and Sergio thing. It's adorable and sweet, and Sergio was really nice to help Nancy finish her design. (Especially since her design ended up being his closest competition.) And she seems to genuinely like him.

He might be a bit arrogant, but if Nancy really likes him, he can't be all bad.

And I loved his design this week, fringe and all. (I can't imagine getting all of that fringe placement just right... I could instead imagine my total frustration and colorful language as once again one fringe tassel drooped too low or another was set too high.)

• Love 5
1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I have to believe that the white peeking out of the panty in the top pic, far left, is a whoops?

Seriously! Why on earth wasn't she wearing skin-tone panties?

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 3