Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E10: The Heroes' Journey

• Start Topic

This episode was written by the Legends of Tomorrow crew, wasn't it?  Because that was right up their alley.

Big fan of Garth and Bess being completely loyal to the Winchesters.  Without Sam and Dean, they're not living a normal life, and they don't have a family.  Also loved Garth being the big damn hero of it all.  And he's damn right that the Monster Squad were the heroes.

Maul letting go right away when Dean tapped was a great bit of realism.  He's a fighter, and if somebody taps, you let go of the move and respect the tap.  You won the fight, don't keep the move on them.  He'd have that as muscle memory.

• Love 5

To think that the one time they give me something I want, a cage fight scenario starring the Winchesters, it's in an episode where they've lost all skill and formidability! Cursed luck! 

I was cautiously reserving my judgement throughout the episode, despite it consistently pissing me the fuck off, because I had a feeling that the final message would be about how it truly was the Winchesters who'd earned their own wins and talents all along, rather than Chuck's meddling. Otherwise, it would have taken a blatant steaming dump on all fourteen years before it.

Well, I guess that super-obvious and thematically coherent ending wasn't what it went with. As such, fuck this episode. I don't care enough about Garth to cheer him being the only useful one while the protagonists just bumbled around impotently. I mean, the whole thing about Sam and Dean is that their lives SUCK, yet they pick themselves up and fight back on their own terms every time. Now, we learn that they've been enjoying this cosmic favoritism all along? It couldn't be more disrespectful of previous seasons if it tried.

And why the hell did we have the nonsense with Garth naming his twins Sam and Cas? Why leave Dean out so blatantly? Why not name brothers after brothers? There was no follow-up, it just seemed like a petty "fuck you" to the character that had no bearing on the story. Is it funny because, teeheehee, Dean's being put in his place? Again, FUCK YOU.

One bright spot? Jensen's tap-dancing. The man truly can do it all, and he's at least been allowed to create his own opportunities and show off his myriad of talents. Hopefully it lands him a good gig far away from this steaming shitpile.

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'd like that hour of my life back. 

Seriously,  screw Dabb for taking away their whole lives. Who would ever re-watch the show knowing it's all a big, cosmic joke?

The only good thing about this one was Jensen. DANCING!!!!!

The Dude can MOVE. 🕺

Other than that, it was shit.

Dabb script.

What else is new?

Edited by Myrelle
Revision
  • Love 15

What a gigantic trainwreck.

One hour of the cheapest, most caricatural slapstick "comedy" accompanied by the shittiest music the show has ever had.

And Ben Edlund craps better metacommentary than this.

I'm genuinely embarrassed at how bad it was.

• Love 8

It hurts my heart to think that all of Dean's best fights (Bloodlust, First Born, The Prisoner, Funeralia, etc.) have now been retconned to have been divine luck rather than skill and experience. Seriously, FUCK DABB. How. Fucking. Dare. He.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

And why the hell did we have the nonsense with Garth naming his twins Sam and Cas? Why leave Dean out so blatantly? Why not name brothers after brothers? There was no follow-up, it just seemed like a petty "fuck you" to the character that had no bearing on the story. Is it funny because, teeheehee, Dean's being put in his place? Again, FUCK YOU.

One bright spot? Jensen's tap-dancing. The man truly can do it all, and he's at least been allowed to create his own opportunities and show off his myriad of talents. Hopefully it lands him a good gig far away from this steaming shitpile

Jensen. DANCING!!!

That's all it was good for.

Fuck Dabb sideways x 10.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, BoxManLocke said:

What a gigantic trainwreck.

One hour of the cheapest, most caricatural slapstick "comedy" accompanied by the shittiest music the show has ever had.

I'm genuinely embarrassed at how bad it was.

I was thinking Kim Manners was probably spinning in his grave. They should all be ashamed of themselves. 

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

And why the hell did we have the nonsense with Garth naming his twins Sam and Cas? Why leave Dean out so blatantly? Why not name brothers after brothers? There was no follow-up, it just seemed like a petty "fuck you" to the character that had no bearing on the story. Is it funny because, teeheehee, Dean's being put in his place? Again, FUCK YOU

Garth doesn't even know Castiel. 

But it gave Dabb the opportunity to write a scene where Dean gets to say "(baby) Cas is looking at me funny", and then have him literally take a dump in Dean's arms.  

That "Chuck" sure is a hack writer.

• Love 11

I have no words.  I, who can usually bitch about things ad nauseam,  am at a complete loss.  Was that Supernatural?  The people looked familiar but they must have been dropped into bizzaro world.  I loved Dean dancing, but it was so random, so out of place.  so completely not a Dean song and dance routine.  I just don't get it.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

As such, fuck this episode. I don't care enough about Garth to cheer him being the only useful one while the protagonists just bumbled around impotently. I mean, the whole thing about Sam and Dean is that their lives SUCK, yet they pick themselves up and fight back on their own terms every time.

I think it would be hard to demonstrate less comprehension of what the show is really about, at its heart, than Dabb shows here. As you say, Dean and Sam were never superheroes who had everything in their lives fall into place to enable them to triumph over adversity. It's like Dabb was deliberately making a nasty joke out of something I loved. What a small, petty, man he must be.

And you know what? It wasn't even funny. Just dumb. Dabb thought he was so clever, but I didn't even smile once.

Well, that's not true. I did have a great big smile on my face as I watched Jensen dance. That was fun! But that scene really didn't have anything to do with what the episode was about.

16 minutes ago, BoxManLocke said:

So, so true! The episode made me think about Edlund's "Bad Day at Black Rock", which was both clever and very funny. I might have to do a re-watch of that episode to enjoy watching this kind of thing done right. Dabb really needs to stop putting himself in the position of being compared to writers like Edlund, because it just makes him look even more pathetic, if possible, than he already does.

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

It hurts my heart to think that all of Dean's best fights (Bloodlust, First Born, The Prisoner, Funeralia, etc.) have now been retconned to have been divine luck rather than skill and experience. Seriously, FUCK DABB. How. Fucking. Dare. He.

Not divine luck... Chuck wrote them that way. Dean and Sam are apparently nothing without Cuck's writing. At least that's what Chuck wants them to believe.

• Love 2

I've been half-watching and letting the storyline kind of roll over me for the past several years now but I have to jump and say WHAT THE EVER LOVING F***!  So now the decades of training and experience and research mean absolutely NOTHING and Dean and Sam are useless as hunters, not even worthy to be sidekicks?  Absolute crap.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

I think it would be hard to demonstrate less comprehension of what the show is really about, at its heart, than Dabb shows here. As you say, Dean and Sam were never superheroes who had everything in their lives fall into place to enable them to triumph over adversity. It's like Dabb was deliberately making a nasty joke out of something I loved. What a small, petty, man he must be.

And you know what? It wasn't even funny. Just dumb. Dabb thought he was so clever, but I didn't even smile once.

Well, that's not true. I did have a great big smile on my face as I watched Jensen dance. That was fun! But that scene really didn't have anything to do with what the episode was about

Dabb is nothing but a piece of shit, AFAIC. 

Edited by Myrelle
Revision
  • Love 6

Silly me. I thought they were going to fight Maul (or whatever) in the cage and somehow win through skill and experience. They are human heroes after all.  But of course Dabb couldn’t have that!

He hates this show doesn’t he?

• Love 12
38 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

To think that the one time they give me something I want, a cage fight scenario starring the Winchesters, it's in an episode where they've lost all skill and formidability! Cursed luck! 

I was cautiously reserving my judgement throughout the episode, despite it consistently pissing me the fuck off, because I had a feeling that the final message would be about how it truly was the Winchesters who'd earned their own wins and talents all along, rather than Chuck's meddling. Otherwise, it would have taken a blatant steaming dump on all fourteen years before it.

Well, I guess that super-obvious and thematically coherent ending wasn't what it went with. As such, fuck this episode. I don't care enough about Garth to cheer him being the only useful one while the protagonists just bumbled around impotently. I mean, the whole thing about Sam and Dean is that their lives SUCK, yet they pick themselves up and fight back on their own terms every time. Now, we learn that they've been enjoying this cosmic favoritism all along? It couldn't be more disrespectful of previous seasons if it tried.

One bright spot? Jensen's tap-dancing. The man truly can do it all, and he's at least been allowed to create his own opportunities and show off his myriad of talents. Hopefully it lands him a good gig far away from this steaming shitpile.

It was a WTF f@#% you to Dean. Garth has not met Cas and Garth met Dean and has had more meaningful interactions with Dean. 

2 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Silly me. I thought they were going to fight Maul (or whatever) in the cage and somehow win through skill and experience. They are human heroes after all.  But of course Dabb couldn’t have that!

He hates this show doesn’t he?

He has issues with JA it seems based on the baby name scene in this episode.

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Love 12
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

Dabb is nothing but a piece of shit, AFAIC. 

This story direction makes me so angry, I'm almost mad at Jensen and Jared for agreeing to act it out. It is, in my opinion,  shitting all over the years that fans have invested in the Winchesters' story. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 4
Just now, gonzosgirrl said:

This story direction makes me so angry, I'm almost mad at Jensen and Jared for agreeing to act it out. It is, in my opinion,  shitting all over the years that fans have invested in the Winchester's story. 

I honestly feel that Jensen did one more for the crew.

That's it.

No other reason. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

This story direction makes me so angry, I'm almost mad at Jensen and Jared for agreeing to act it out. It is, in my opinion,  shitting all over the years that fans have invested in the Winchesters' story. 

Well... I  mean Chuck wants them to think it was all him. He wrote this to make them think that. They will go to Alaska with their even worse than normal luck and probably change things. Who knows. Or one of them makes the typical Winchester sacrifice for the other.

• Love 3
Just now, Myrelle said:

I honestly feel that Jensen did one more for the crew.

That's it.

No other reason. 

I wonder if he would have agreed if he knew they were going to shit all over Dean and Sam's history?  I need to tell myself he wouldn't have. 

• Love 7

Jensen Ackles tap dancing was super weird. Not that I minded as I'm always up for a musical Dean moment. I liked that they remembered Garth's a dentist. I didn't like Sam snapping at the baby. I did laugh at "Could we ever pick locks or was it just Chuck the whole time?!" They tend to have breakdowns when they discover they're cosmic playthings.

I'm choosing to believe the daughter is like "Gertrude Dena" and he just didn't mention it. But I was really expecting the other baby to be named Bobby, if they were going to go for the typical Dabb joke. He got shafted too.

• Love 4
Just now, Castiels Cat said:

Well... I  mean Chuck wants them to think it was all him. He wrote this to make them think that. They will go to Alaska with their even worse than normal luck and probably change things. Who knows. Or one of them makes the typical Winchester sacrifice for the other.

I have no faith in that at all.  At this point I'm prepared for the camera pulling back to show us the stage and the puppet strings.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I have no faith in that at all.  At this point I'm prepared for the camera pulling back to show us the stage and the puppet strings.

Yeah. The first episode that ended with them in the bunker did suggest them as marionettes

The premise of this is so bad and invalidates the entire show so much, it actually helps me disengage from Dabbernatural and relegate it to the realm of bad fanfic. I mean that's on par with "it was all just a dream".

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I wonder if he would have agreed if he knew they were going to shit all over Dean and Sam's history?  I need to tell myself he wouldn't have. 

How could anyone anticipate this level of pettiness?

Even in this business?

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

I'm pretty sure it was 'Seinfeld' music when they got to the fighting arena.  

It was cheap whatever-sitcom-you-want.

And what pisses me off even more, is that they had the perfect opportunity NOT to use music in this episode. I mean what's more normal in life than silence ?

But considering what Dabb shat out here I guess this is just a little bit too subtle for him.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Aeryn13 said:

The premise of this is so bad and invalidates the entire show so much, it actually helps me disengage from Dabbernatural and relegate it to the realm of bad fanfic. I mean that's on par with "it was all just a dream".

I couldn't agree more.

Not sure what Dabb is after, but he clearly doesn't care about working after this.

Maybe he has a trust fund...🤷‍♀️

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I was kind of expecting this from way back when they first announced the storyline, so I wasn't as upset as most.

But what they missed (and what I was actually hoping they'd do):  at the end, when they were in the car trying to figure out what to do next, I really, *really* wanted Dean to say, "I guess we hit the gym first thing."  That way, they can work themselves back into fighting shape by themselves instead of looking for the magic/quick fix.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

I couldn't agree more.

Not sure what Dabb is after, but he clearly doesn't care about working after this.

Maybe he has a trust fund...🤷‍♀️

He's killed the show that wouldn't die and he's reveling in it based on this episode.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Yeah, I’m putting this right into the “this episode doesn’t exist” bucket along with Bloodlines. I refuse to allow Dabb to ruin this show for me. I’m watching till the bitter end for the boys basically but I’m not sure how much of it I’m going to “believe” is canon. 

ETA the thing with Garth naming the twins Sam and Cas took me right out of the episode. It made ZERO sense in their universe. Garth’s never even met Castiel as far as I know and he adores Dean and worked with him more than he did Sam. It just doesn’t make any sense other than being a slam on Dean. 

Edited by Binns
  • Love 17

This is seriously, season 8 of 'Charmed' and 'How I Met Your Mother' season 9, rolled together into one horrible season.  

Season 9 of HIMYM negated the entire show, but they did it one bad final because the writers couldn't let go of their original premise from way back in season one.  Season 8.  Well, I don't watch season 8.  As far as I'm concerned, 'Charmed' has seven seasons.  

In one hour, the writers of this episode negated 14 years.  As far as I'm concerned, this never happened.  

This is so sad that no one cares about the final season to make it memorable.  They seemed to have all moved on and are now just phoning some stuff in.  

• Love 10

I've decided that I'm only going to concentrate on the (if I can find it) good things in an episode.  Beats feeling like shit every week.  I am frankly looking forward to the end.  So I can erase the last 3-4 seasons and pretend the show stopped when it was still decent.

First a couple of bads:  bad cartoon music.  gah.  For a show known for its music this was the sad sackiest (okay, it's not a word, bite me) music yet.  Yeah, even hair metal wouldn't have been appropriate, but geez, just some decent none Elmer Fudd type would have worked.  I mean, I'd have even taking "Kung Fu Fighting" over what they had, and that's saying something. 

Second, the baby names.  Cheap shot all around.

First few seconds of the dance scene I was okay, then it got cringy enough I had to look away.  Okay, Jensen can do it all, but I am seriously reminded of the immortal words of Ian Malcolm, "Your scientists writers were so preoccupied with whether they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."

Raise your hand if you've ever had a mouth full of blood after having cavities filled!  Yeah, me neither.  

The goods:...Dean's Seriouslys.  Haha.  And the Son of a Bitch at the end.  I could listen to him yell that on repeat on my Son of a Bitch days.  lol

Dean almost got one of his fondest wishes, firing the grenade launcher!  Of course that was snatched away at the last second, but for a minute there I had an evil grin along with him.  

I do like Garth, so I was glad to see him and know that he's doing good.  At least somebody on this show gets a decent happy ending!

and goods melting into bads:

I, too, thought that Dean's pep talk would result in them going out and taking down Maul.  I mean come on, they've trained their whole lives, have immense experience and none of that can stick?  Even humans can do "super hero" stuff, SEaLs or Delta Force anyone?  So, that was shit.

I also thought throughout that maybe it was Chuck just giving them a curse, bad luck, or just saying "mess with me, huh?  I'll show you!" and twirling his mustache and making them klutzes for a while as some sort of payback for defying him all the time.  Which actually could have been kinda interesting to see them still outwit, outplay, outlast him in the end, but.....

Sigh.  Well, it was good for a couple laughs.  And I can happily forget it ever happened and go back to watching the first few seasons again.

Edited by Cambion
because you're not in my head and I should really not treat you like you know what I'm thinking
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Cambion said:

I also thought throughout that maybe it was Chuck just giving them a curse, bad luck, or just saying "mess with me, huh?  I'll show you!" and twirling his mustache and making them klutzes for a while as some sort of payback for defying him all the time.  Which actually could have been kinda interesting to see them still outwit, outplay, outlast him in the end, but.....

Sigh.  Well, it was good for a couple laughs.  And I can happily forget it ever happened and go back to watching the first few seasons again.

To your first point I quoted above, I want to believe it’s a curse or something like that too bc the alternative is unbearable.  But I thought of something I posted in Spoilers...it doesn’t make sense that Chuck could have been manipulating their actions this entire time. He’s been absent for very long stretches, like the first 9? Seasons, and then he left with Amara for a while too. So he made them vessels or whatever but they learned their skills legitimately. 

to your second point I quoted above, I started a rewatch myself a couple days ago! It’s so much fun. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Binns said:

To your first point I quoted above, I want to believe it’s a curse or something like that too bc the alternative is unbearable.  But I thought of something I posted in Spoilers...it doesn’t make sense that Chuck could have been manipulating their actions this entire time. He’s been absent for very long stretches, like the first 9? Seasons, and then he left with Amara for a while too. So he made them vessels or whatever but they learned their skills legitimately. 

to your second point I quoted above, I started a rewatch myself a couple days ago! It’s so much fun. 

Yeah, you're right, that's kinda my sense.  their expertise isn't just luck, it's real.  That's why it works better in my head that Chuck is just messing with them now and hasn't been their whole lives.  I mean, it's like "Bad Day at Blackrock's" bastard cousin written my a thousand monkeys with a thousand typewriters, but it seems more like bad luck.  

If it wasn't bad luck, why does the credit card stop working, and Baby break down?  Was Chuck making them super heroes, too?  So, I will convince myself it's just Chuckles twirling his mustache so I can deal with it.

Also, why go to Alaska to restore their luck, if it isn't luck?  Even if it was written by monkeys that's gotta mean something right?  Right?  Somebody please tell me it's going to be okay.  *sobs*

And yes, I rewatch over and over.  I get to the end of one season, watch a few favorite picks from whenever, then pick another season.  It is fun.  🙂  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, bettername2come said:

I'm choosing to believe the daughter is like "Gertrude Dena" and he just didn't mention it. But I was really expecting the other baby to be named Bobby, if they were going to go for the typical Dabb joke. He got shafted too.

You would think that since Garth was closer to Bobby then either of them the boys would be named for him. Super strange filler episode but whatever, at least Sam and Dean were in it most of the time.

• Love 2

Bolded for highlights.

First, their luck was AGGRESSIVELY bad.  They were not 'normal', they really were cursed.  Chuck may have not been directly pulling all the strings, but things like picking a lock is a skill.  They could do it in their sleep.  The rest of the season is NOT a comedy so they'll be a fix.  And I don't think there's any magic that'll gives them skills.  I think if they get Supernatural help, it'll be to prevent being messed with.

Second, I did like that there was no question in either of their minds -- this is a challenge to overcome. They could live with 'normal' if that's all it was.  But with Chuck as their enemy, they don't have time to just work on their skills.  They need to level up quickly.  But their attitude was spot on - hunting is what they do, they aren't just going to give up.  They didn't want to put Garth at risk. They didn't want to die as monster entertainment but they'd do it if that's what had to be done.  There's this great line in Harry Potter that I is essentially, 'it's one thing to be dragged into the arena, it's another to walk in yourself, knowing you are not likely to survive.  And the difference makes all the difference.' Our boys would still walk into the arena, even with zero hope.  Glad Garth rescued them before that happened.

Lastly (at the summary level), I think this episode will play better AFTER the show is over.  I get the anger. And I'm almost panicked with how little time is left to tell the story.  But once the story is over, I think this will be far more entertaining.  Despite my panic over time remaining, however, I did find myself enjoying several bits.  

Enjoyable moments:
- At LAST we have the explanation for their funding - as many speculated, Charlie set them up with a never-fail credit card.  Hopefully there are backup funds.
- J2 comic timing was spot-on throughout the episode. For Jared I particularly liked his facial reaction to "the giant is crying" and his "I think you may be lactose intolerant".  For Jensen it's hard to downselect but I'll go with the 'tap out' moment (actually clever of him IMO) and the quiet freakout before sitting in the dentist chair.
- Everything Garth.  Very satisfying to see him doing so well.  He's overcome his PTSD about the tooth fairy ('she had it coming'). And he's still got that goodness in him. 
- I got a kick out of Bess being so sassy with her brother.  She's got a little bite to her (*rimshot*).
- The commercial for the cage fight was great.

and then we come to the "Pink Elephants On Parade" moment (i.e. when Dean is hallucinating on dental drugs).  At first I just screamed.  I don't know if it was laughter or shock but I was just sitting there, mouth gaping as the scene unfolded. Then I watched in awe as Jensen just threw himself into the bit. And of COURSE he's an excellent dancer.  This is the guy who learned how to do a reverse 180 in the Impala over a lunch break.  He brings new meaning to the phrase 'quick study'.  But in spite of the intended humor, I didn't find it actually funny.  I know I'm probably reading too much into it, but it seems to me that a reasonable interpretation is that Dean is feeling like he's the 'dancing monkey' in the Chuck show.   I think his subconscious is ruminating on the existential crisis and it's not a pretty picture.

I'm definitely watching again.  I think there are moments to savor.  And I am curious to see how I feel about the episode after the next few episodes air and after the series is over. Personally I have no doubt that Sam and Dean are Big Damn Heroes and that while Chuck may be trying to convince them they have no free will or skills, that's gonna fail. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Binns said:

People on Twitter (like the spn wiki people) are PRAISING this episode. ????

Some people like different things.

Me, I was entertained by the episode.  And I took all the goofiness, the music, and sound effects, to be a sign that it's Chuck screwing with them.  They almost put him down in the previous episode, so now he's really mad.  Killing them would be too easy, he wants to cause them pain, he wants them to question everything, he wants to completely break them.  And then, he'll kill them.  Chuck's a petty asshole, and I saw this episode as Chuck continuing to be petty.

• Love 12

The baby name scene was such a pointed and nonsensical Dean-slam, it was just mindboggling. I mean Garth didn't act like he hated Dean here and he never met Cas so that entire bit was so random.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Jediknight said:

Some people like different things.

Me, I was entertained by the episode.  And I took all the goofiness, the music, and sound effects, to be a sign that it's Chuck screwing with them.  They almost put him down in the previous episode, so now he's really mad.  Killing them would be too easy, he wants to cause them pain, he wants them to question everything, he wants to completely break them.  And then, he'll kill them.  Chuck's a petty asshole, and I saw this episode as Chuck continuing to be petty.

I think the episode - and Dabb - was genuinely establishing that the brothers never had any skills and never earned any victory without Chuck. Nothing was real or them. Garth mouthpieced it and Dean's speech to the contrary was a set-up for more pratfalls and slapstick. 

• Love 2

Since I'm not expecting much...I did find some of the stupid humor funny.

The dance number could be Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire and it fit the music for the thirties.   I did wonder how much fun Jensen had doing it and if he had trouble getting some of the moves down.

The baby names...didn't allow it to bother me as it was just a way to put Dean down.

I won't have a problem ignoring the last season if they don't fix it.  Best ep ever...not hardly but it did have a few chuckles and as others have stated the best moment was the dance scene.

Was it a clever, wow ep...Of course not.  But when I decided it was just going to be stupid jokes, instead of getting upset...I laughed a few.

But right now, I'm dealing with some really depressing issues and I just don't have the energy or time to spend any on this show. 

I wouldn't mind hearing Jensen's viewpoint on the dance scene.  It did look good.

But I'll just make it was a bad curse and the boys will find a cure.  Just wish it would happen on screen.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I think the episode - and Dabb - was genuinely establishing that the brothers never had any skills and never earned any victory without Chuck. Nothing was real or them. Garth mouthpieced it and Dean's speech to the contrary was a set-up for more pratfalls and slapstick. 

Time will tell in the upcoming episodes. No need to give it too much thought now, I seriously doubt anyone involved in making the episode did. I'm guessing this is all just a waste of time before they get to the real storylines that lead up to the finale. I miss the meta episodes and Ghostfacers for the pointless fluff. 

Really I would have rather they did a couple episodes where Dean and Sam just go do jobs together. When did the writers decide that the boys are above doing cases? What happened to the if I'm going down I'm going to take as much bad down with me attitude? They are so self centered now, whining about not having unlimited cash and having a cold. These are supposed to be the same men who spent years living in a car, only getting a motel room to sleep for a couple of hours every few nights because they were busy and full of purpose. Bunker Dean and Sam need to get it together.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Harleycat said:

Time will tell in the upcoming episodes. No need to give it too much thought now, I seriously doubt anyone involved in making the episode did. I'm guessing this is all just a waste of time before they get to the real storylines that lead up to the finale. I miss the meta episodes and Ghostfacers for the pointless fluff. 

Really I would have rather they did a couple episodes where Dean and Sam just go do jobs together. When did the writers decide that the boys are above doing cases? What happened to the if I'm going down I'm going to take as much bad down with me attitude? They are so self centered now, whining about not having unlimited cash and having a cold. These are supposed to be the same men who spent years living in a car, only getting a motel room to sleep for a couple of hours every few nights because they were busy and full of purpose. Bunker Dean and Sam need to get it together.

Oh, I fully believe that Dabb didn"t give it much thought and didn't even realize that he just made every single episode of the entire show pointless. But that doesn't change him doing it. 

• Love 8