Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: 10-8 Firestone

AgentRXS

While enforcing an unsanctioned raid on a human trafficking ring in Los Angeles, Bill finds an old informant of his who is in trouble. After returning from her leave and eager to get back into the field, Charlie is assigned to patrol with Joseph, the one person she would like to avoid. Meanwhile, as Bill continues to disagree with the board on how to best run the department, Jerry does Bill a favor in order to get on his good side.

Original Air Date: January 23, 2020

Wow. Crickets.

I had to be careful watching last night since the ADHD camera work is close to giving me seizures. Because of it, I pretty much couldn't/didn't follow any story line. Although I guess that doesn't matter very much in the big scheme of things.

Shout out to another poster here when Bill threw his toothpick out the window.

So a car/SUV takes how long to catch up to some running guy when they both start at the same time at the same location? Then Bill's car kills him and ... that's okay? Alrighty then.

What's up with every married woman becoming jealous when the husband brings an attractive co-worker home. I guess Bill's lesbian driver is fine because she's not going to be seducing Bill. Anyway, I hate that. And it seems every show I watch had that going on this week. Are all husbands untrustworthy?

Don't answer that.

I was thinking those two feds holding the car for the CI now in federal protection were part of the cartel and she was dead meat as soon as they drove off.

I keep wondering who all those people in suits are that keep waiting for Bill to hold a meeting with them. They are always there, and Bill always blows them off. Don't any of them have jobs?

Is Bill's daughter his bio daughter or his wife's from a previous relationship. She hablas perfectly while Bill does not? Eh.

I like the cop guy with the beard. He's so Sons of Anarchy. But is the adoption of the kids of the parent(s) he killed a good story line? I vote no.

Bill and daughter sorely need a Quinsenierra choreographer.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Are all husbands untrustworthy?

Pretty much.

Don't answer that.

Too late. Heh.

I was multitasking so only looked up occasionally and this episode was a little more complicated, hence:

Crickets.

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I was thinking those two feds holding the car for the CI now in federal protection were part of the cartel and she was dead meat as soon as they drove off.

Same thought, but I envisioned gunshots as soon as the elevator opened.  I'll predict she gets taken out before then end of the season.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I keep wondering who all those people in suits are that keep waiting for Bill to hold a meeting with them. They are always there, and Bill always blows them off. Don't any of them have jobs?

They don't expect the viewers to actually break out the many cities versus Los Angeles County political system. So Sheriff Hollister is constantly talking about the "city". The elected council, versus the Sheriff being appointed because he was the senior Deputy in the mounted horse unit, and thus overseeing his operations approving budgets and so on is part of the drama,. They are not the LA County Supervisors, or at least I don't think they are but seem to be some sort of elected council so above a civilian review board doing their actual jobs.

Back to the small town feeling with the Under Sheriff and his focus on a Deputy no longer working with the Major's but as the Godson's street training officer. I may have missed it but did the Sheriff give us his count down of days to the special election which he or anyone else for that matter, still had not announced his candidacy for

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Raja said:

I may have missed it but did the Sheriff give us his count down of days to the special election which he or anyone else for that matter, still had not announced his candidacy for

He did, and it seems it's 82-85 days or something like that. I didn't make a note of it since it sort of doesn't matter, unless the show gets a second season I guess. Whether he runs in the election also would depend on that. Might be, show gets cancelled and Bill retires and rides off into the sunset, mission accomplished, pension in hand.

• Love 2
On 1/24/2020 at 10:08 AM, saber5055 said:

Is Bill's daughter his bio daughter or his wife's from a previous relationship. She hablas perfectly while Bill does not? Eh.

I'm fairly sure she's his biological daughter and he and Paula have been married that long (15+ years).  It's pretty believable to me that the daughter speaks Spanish, but Bill doesn't.  She probably learned as a child when learning languages is so much easier.  And with the parents' professions/schedules, if the daughter was often looked after by Paula's parents/relatives growing up, she probably conversed in Spanish with them as well.  Bill may have learned some Spanish from Paula, but probably just things he thought would be useful in his line of work.

Thank you to Cade's sane wife for explicitly asking Cade whether the kids want to be adopted by the man who killed their father.

I don't mind the way they shoot this show and I actually like the lighting, but the huge huge huge thing it's missing for me is nuance.  I'd find it far more compelling if Bill was learning that he doesn't have all the answers when it comes to a higher scope of responsibility, and he was making occasional mistakes in combining his maverick ways with the reality of what it takes to keep the department going.  His weekly lectures to the ivory tower are probably the most tiresome aspect to me.

I don't really care about the godson at all.  The perspective of a newbie patrol boot is fine so it's not just the super experienced Bill and Cade, but I just don't care about this particular character.  No charisma to me.

I won't be surprised if this show is cancelled.  Nor will I be surprised if the network talks to Stephen in advance and tells him they want to stay in business with him and hope to find him a different (better) vehicle.

• Love 4

This is just my own weird thing, but I've always confused Michael Monks and Mark Moses. Not physically, since they're both very different looking, but I mean their names. When I see Mark Moses is in something, I'm like, "Oh, George from The Practice!" And I'm always wrong. 

So it blew my mind when Michael Monks guest-starred in this episode of a series where Mark Moses is a regular cast member. I was like, "Wait, am I imagining that?" 😄

• LOL 1

It was news to me that the wife was latino and I think she had an extra latino-hoodish accent when she was speaking english with the daughter at the very beginning when they were dancing prepping for the quince, which in itself was a shock. I guess..

• Love 1