Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Blindsided

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I can't help that I like Angela. She's got spunk and she's absolutely hilarious. She wants her drink and smoke and her man, and somehow found Michael in Nigeria. And she wants her daughter's egg so she can tote Michael's baby. You just can't make this shit up. 

It was nice of her to get them a microwave. And to try to help making dinner. The brother putting pressure on her to control things that she has absolutely no control over was mean and manipulative. I wasn't a fan of that.

Is Emily having trouble losing weight so she compromised in her head by making her hair platinum grey? She looks like Sara Jessica Parker in "Hocus Pocus."image.png.b84dc52f08dc7fb1034771a4475314c2.png

So glad I am not alone in this! I know she can be crass ( hell, I don’t think she can NOT be crass) but I also can’t help but like Angela. Same with the Angela on “Love After Lockup”....I’ve known more than a few ladies like them IRL  and just have a soft spot for them. They’re indomitable, big-hearted, and generally just a trip!

Edited by Liamsmom617
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Irritable said:

They sisters both want no part of that lifestyle, and should really have partners that feel the same way, but inconveniently for Jasmin, there weren't any other guys who lived near her sister who were interested in bringing her to L.A. to marry her except for Blake, who likes to drink and be loud with his friends.  I doubt he hid it from her that he enjoys drinking socially and going to clubs to partake in loud nightlife, but I guess she figured when he wanted to do that, she could go hang out with her sister and hadn't considered that he would have a problem with her not wanting to go with him. 

I agree.  I you want a mate who is into green tea, yoga and is a non drinker, don't date Blake.  I have zero problem with Jasmine liking a drug/alcohol free life, green tea, salads and yoga.  She just needs to find a partner with like minded interests and not shame him for having a cocktail now and then, and no you don't get to tell him to stop at one drink.

2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I will sit at the "we're going to hell table" with the rest of the folks who think that Emily and Sasha's baby is not cute. 

We are a fun bunch!

4 hours ago, magemaud said:

I think he ordered something he called a Paloma and just explained to the Finnish Carrie Nation that is was a “wine slushy.” 

“The paloma, also known as "the working man's drink", is a tequila-based cocktail. This drink is most commonly prepared by mixing tequila, lime juice, and a grapefruit-flavored soda such as Fresca, Squirt, or Jarritos and served on the rocks with a lime wedge. Adding salt to the rim of the glass is also an option. 

And I’m pretty sure he ordered a second one before Jazmin flounced out. But I’ll have to rewatch. Did she ever get her Cobb Salad or was that yet another 90 Day uneaten food restaurant exit scene? 

Okay, during Pillow Talk she is seen from behind, holding a fork.  So my vote is salad was delivered.  Why did she not have it boxed?  Why do I care?

Julianna - be relieved your relatives did not show up.  With your tales of a Dickens like childhood, it would be safe there would be requests for money.  A lot.  Or people moving in!

@Irritable, I feel you one the sober friend role.  That was me in college, too.  I was just too cheap to shell out for drinks in a bar, so I was the Designated Driver with free Diet Coke!  I wanted to tell college friends:  "Look we are legal to drink at 19.  Go to the liquor store and get hammered in your dorm!!!"

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I don't know how common it is, but babies can have congenital hypothyroidism.  I just hope that the little guy can get whatever care he needs because it doesn't seem like anybody has a job, so he's probably not insured.  

They can find medical help if they need it. It’s available for people who can’t afford it. If nothing else, they could go to an ER, where they would be not turned away. I would have taken the kid to a doctor here in the States right away, just to make sure the Russian doctor didn’t miss anything, but that’s just me.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Um, yeah, that's kind of what I said-that she shouldn't be pushing the baby. I was addressing the "not in love yet" idea, which is why I made a special point to mention that the baby idea is wrong. I feel like my whole comment was twisted in your reply to me.

Sorry -- I was really mouthing off at her not you!  And yes, you did say that.    My apologies for coming across like a jerk.

• Love 2

Jasmin is a bitch on wheels. Ms Ice Queen should have found herself a nice hermit who never drinks. That was so messed up of her to ruin the plans and then go off with her sister. 

Tanya is completely putrid. Apparently nobody has told her the sun doesn't rise snd set on her ass cheeks. I hate the smug smirk on her stupid face. Poor Syngin, I hope he gets out. 

Are those botox scars on Grangela's chest??? She's already eww enough. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
26 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

They can find medical help if they need it. It’s available for people who can’t afford it. If nothing else, they could go to an ER, where they would be not turned away. I would have taken the kid to a doctor here in the States right away, just to make sure the Russian doctor didn’t miss anything, but that’s just me.

This is truly not always the case.  And, he wouldn't be able to get in-depth and/or maintenance care for an ongoing, chronic issue like hydrocephalus or hypothyroidism in the ER.  He'd be stabilized for the moment, given a referral for ongoing follow-up care, and sent on his way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I agree that even if they are under insured or have no insurance, states have programs in place (and I would find it hard to believe Oregon does not have this) that provide well baby care to children.  I, too, would have taken that baby to an American pediatrician in Oregon right away. The always startled look on his face is....of note.  Yes he is a chunk, and that is great but I do hope he crawls, gets mobile and thins out.  

I am still getting over the "You might have been my brother and my first love is my soulmate."  I don't believe in soulmates* but then again if I did my late golden Maggie (who was actually red) was my soulmate.

*= I don't believe in soulmates, but a better criteria, for me, is:  "Is there anyone else, realistically, that you want to be with other than your hubby?"  Me?  No.  I say realistically as well.... Idris Elba, George Clooney, John Stamos are alive and out there.  Just sayin'.   My hubby's dream girl, other than me, is Eva Green.  I printed out a pic of her, laminated it and gave it to him to put in his wallet where my photo should be!!!  Ya gotta laugh in life, folks!!  Which brings me to another point:  Do any of these people laugh, play, tease?  They are all so SERIOUS all the time.  Me and my hubby have A LOT of material to work with, granted, as we met as kids but still!!!  My hubs makes me laugh, at least once a day, deep from my belly and that is priceless to me.  I was in a marriage where laughter and love was scarce there towards the end so that means everything to me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Next season can’t come fast enough. I’m doner than done with most of these fools. Apparently, I care more about Syngin’s future than he does.

Wanted to thank you all for your kind condolences with regard to the loss of my dog. She was a beautiful girl and my constant(ly annoying) companion. Tough day.

I am truly sorry to hear about your dog.

• Love 1

@Auntie Anxiety, I, too, am so sorry to hear about your dog.  In a post upthread I mentioned I do not believe in soulmates but my late Golden Maggie was probably my soulmate.  To me, Maggie was not just a dog, she was the dog.  I am very sorry.  I have not had a dog since, that was June 2010 when she passed.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, not you again said:

Wow, you guys have much better guesses. I just assumed she forgot to put sunscreen on her chest before a day out in Lagos and sunburned in the pattern holes of one of her hideous tops!

Lol.  After everyone's guesses, this is probably what it really is.

• LOL 2
11 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I can't help that I like Angela. She's got spunk and she's absolutely hilarious. She wants her drink and smoke and her man, and somehow found Michael in Nigeria. And she wants her daughter's egg so she can tote Michael's baby. You just can't make this shit up. 

It was nice of her to get them a microwave. And to try to help making dinner. The brother putting pressure on her to control things that she has absolutely no control over was mean and manipulative. I wasn't a fan of that.

Is Emily having trouble losing weight so she compromised in her head by making her hair platinum grey? She looks like Sara Jessica Parker in "Hocus Pocus."image.png.b84dc52f08dc7fb1034771a4475314c2.png

I like Big Ang too. The Botox on her face came out very well. She’s the only one on this show with energy and personality. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The Finnish Girl is joyless, she what the plans were for that evening and she made sure that Broke Blake would not enjoy it. I think Broke Blake has money for booze because it is something he wants...other than their own place what has Jasmine asked for that she is not getting?  Also, can we please chip in for an outfit for Jasmine that does not look like a long line girdle and sports bra?

LOL!  I think we may be missing the mystique of the "long line girdle and sports bra" because I read something about Jasmine's line of athletic wear.    She plans to market that crap!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
13 hours ago, nr65000 said:

and the fact that she is still somehow trying to convince family MYKEL that she can somehow carry a baby?  The denial of the K1 was the best thing to every happen to him and he has no idea of the bullet he dodged.

I can't believe that Michael's family feel there is any possibility of Angela bearing his child.  That ship has sailed.  

• Love 16
5 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Jasmin is a bitch on wheels. Ms Ice Queen should have found herself a nice hermit who never drinks. That was so messed up of her to ruin the plans and then go off with her sister. 

Tanya is completely putrid. Apparently nobody has told her the sun doesn't rise snd set on her ass cheeks. I hate the smug smirk on her stupid face. Poor Syngin, I hope he gets out. 

Are those botox scars on Grangela's chest??? She's already eww enough. 

I barely care about Jasmine/Blake l, but I agree that she should have found a nice, fit, older gentleman who doesn't like to drink or party.  Maybe some type of professor/engineer? Professor of engineering?

BUT, then I vaguely remember Jasmine saying that she feels like Blake's over the top personality was a good balance for her introverted, shy, and maybe somewhat anti-social personality.  

IF that's how she feels, that's fine.  But you cannot seek out someone who is a partying extrovert and then not expect them to party and be an extrovert.  If she isn't going to accept him acting differently from her, what was the point in seeking out an opposite personality?  

She needs to either accept who he is, or go find a man to play Scrabble with.  And there is no judgement from me, because I live to find a man who will play Scrabble with me and doesn't want to go out drinking and partying.  

• Love 18
34 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I can't believe that Michael's family feel there is any possibility of Angela bearing his child.  That ship has sailed.  

I feel like they are trying to set her up to take on a second "fertile" wife to give Michael a child while staying married to Angela's "money."

Not sure if this is allowed in their culture, but it's just a feeling I get and it would allow the best of both worlds.  Kids for him, a steady stream of gifts and prizes for the family.  

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

LOL!  I think we may be missing the mystique of the "long line girdle and sports bra" because I read something about Jasmine's line of athletic wear.    She plans to market that crap!

She has a few posts on Instagram from like 2016 where she is "wearing looks from her and her sister's upcoming clothing line"

• Useful 1
On 1/19/2020 at 11:30 PM, mamadrama said:

I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but as much as I like Mike, I kinda get what Bunny Boiler was saying. I think she has love and affection for him but is she IN love with him? Probably not. They don't know each other well enough. I think she was saying that love that he's talking about might grow between them with time, but that it's not there right now. I can appreciate that because I think it's practical. I'd much rather hear Natalie say that she cares about him but wants their relationship to grow than to hear Robert and Anny say they're in love after 8 hours...

I mean, she shouldn't have been pushing the kid thing right now regardless-whether she loved him or not. That was just crazy. 

I'm also #TeamAnny

Bunny never should have accepted the ring from Mike if she didn’t love him. She’s talking about having babies right now. Shouldn’t she want to have them with someone she loves? It’s not fair to Mike.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Now I get why she is always in some version of the same outfit. God, she's just a sparkling personality, no wonder Blake fell madly in love with her.

Nope, couldn't keep a straight face.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I am amazed that no one has commented on the weird way Jazmin drank from the water bottle at her sister's. It was like her lips were too inflated from filler to drink it the normal way, and she put the entire bottle opening in her mouth to drink out of it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, Spike said:

Emily is starting to remind me of Hatchet Face in Cry Baby.

100C718E-F6A3-4DAA-A156-F1A7B905FCDC.jpeg

Hatchetface references will always be a favorite thing of mine on the net. Bless you! LOL!

11 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I like Big Ang too. The Botox on her face came out very well. She’s the only one on this show with energy and personality. 

I was actually shocked at how well it worked on her. Really well.

• Love 3

First post here.  So glad to not just be screaming at my tv anymore! 

Juliana - how come nobody talks about “human trafficking” and how her new husband met her in one of those stereotypical but apparently true mega- rich party yacht situations?  Does he claim that he never socialized with people like that before except that one time???   And why didn’t Juliana try to call her family on her wedding day?  She admits she has left them in poverty.  No wonder they didn’t call her.  She could at least call them.  Maybe it was edited out.

Syngin - the day he goes for a Firefighter/operasinger job interview, he will not be flipping that fabulous shock of hair every 15 seconds.  He will be chopping it off.  He can probably sell that hair on the Internet to some star struck fan.

Robert and Anny - unmarried strangers sleeping in the same bed with a little boy is not right and the show should have offered to buy them a kids bed. 

So, is throwing yourself down on the floor or the furniture and wailing a thing now?  I have never seen so many adults cry in all my life - except maybe on the Bachelor series.

I am very impressed with the people who can have conversations without their phone apps.

i can’t believe I watch the entire show and then turn right around and watch every second of the pillow talk show immediately afterwards! No regrets 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

I feel like they are trying to set her up to take on a second "fertile" wife to give Michael a child while staying married to Angela's "money."

Not sure if this is allowed in their culture, but it's just a feeling I get and it would allow the best of both worlds.  Kids for him, a steady stream of gifts and prizes for the family.  

It does happen. It's not super common and not particularly common in younger people. My dad is the eldest child of my grandfather's 4th wife. Unfortunately, my grandfather died unexpectedly when my dad was 7. It threw the family into 70 years of ongoing chaos. I'm so anti-polygamy because I've only lived through the chaotic aftermath. No one ever considers the insane level of estate planning you should be doing when you're busy adding a new wife to the harem.

• Useful 11
  • Love 2
On 1/19/2020 at 11:30 PM, mamadrama said:

I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but as much as I like Mike, I kinda get what Bunny Boiler was saying. I think she has love and affection for him but is she IN love with him? Probably not. They don't know each other well enough. I think she was saying that love that he's talking about might grow between them with time, but that it's not there right now. I can appreciate that because I think it's practical. 

I think she's just saying that to hurt him bc he would not acquiesce to her religious demands.

On 1/19/2020 at 11:52 PM, 7isBlue said:

Robert’s brother is an ass. Accusing Anny of being a former hooker?! Good for her for leaving that situation. If I were her I’d get on the next flight out. 

Horrible and would have truly been a dealbreaker to me.

On 1/20/2020 at 12:48 PM, bravofan27 said:

It was nice of her to get them a microwave. And to try to help making dinner.

Did she really have a choice?

19 hours ago, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

Jasmine. I'm starting to see her side, esp,considering the screen said they've got 28 days left and she's still living with his parents when he never told her she'd be staying with them at all.

She's starting to see how juvenile and ridiculous he is, and everything about him is pissing her off.

11 hours ago, Splithair said:

Even if made up, would people be okay with Jessie slapping Darcey?  Syngin pushing Tania around?  Has no one considered the idea that Angela considers him to be inferior to her, and that he owes her something?  I love this show, and in many ways I can relate to it personally, but never ever should a show allow, promote or advertise a 'character' that engages in any type of abuse against someone.  

Obviously, there is going to be somewhat of a double standard when the perpetrator is male vs. female. But either way, this is the reality of a lot of the k1 marriages - total power imbalance, implicit racism, violence. I've seen several episodes of Forensic Files where foreign wives were murdered and one where a would-be green card marriage-of-convenience ended in murder. I personally know situations of similiar things happen.

Certain aspects of the show are funny (Michael gyrating in Trump boxer briefs, ) and others are not funny (all those parentless kids in Angela's trailer, Angela's mother's health issues, Angela swinging and throwing things at Michael). It is what it is - reality.

1 hour ago, Colfrmb2 said:

Syngin - the day he goes for a Firefighter/operasinger job interview, he will not be flipping that fabulous shock of hair every 15 seconds.  He will be chopping it off.  He can probably sell that hair on the Internet to some star struck fan.

I'm usually not a fan of guys with long hair but his is actually really nice. However, did anyone catch the pic of him from the episode a week ago that showed him years earlier working in the South African diamond mines....with what appeared to be a short, black, afro? Plz tell tell me I imagined that!

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Colfrmb2 said:

i can’t believe I watch the entire show and then turn right around and watch every second of the pillow talk show immediately afterwards! No regrets 

That's a tough one.  I tried watching only Pillow Talk, but realized that it left too much of the "plot" out.  But it's kind of impossible to watch Pillow Talk and then FF through only what I've already seen if I watch the entire episode, and if I watch the whole episode first and then Pillow Talk, it's too hard to use FF to watch only the reactions on Pillow Talk, plus I need some context.

So I end up watching all of both the regular episode and Pillow Talk, and I can't say I'm proud of it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 1/20/2020 at 12:04 PM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Normally I half-watch while working on the computer. For some reason, I paid a little more attention than usual last night, and boy do I regret it.

- Sequim Mike: hard to feel bad for him at the airport when he can hardly grunt out a sentence around all that gum chomping he was putting most of his effort into. He was worse than an NFL offensive coordinator. 

- Bojangles: I just don't get the love for this guy. Being a yokel caricature is not a life plan. No wonder Mike isn't ready for kids yet; he's already playing Bank of Dad and flipping pancakes every Sunday for the toothless manchild who lives in his outbuildings.

- Jasmin: her face is disgusting to me, all swollen and shiny and dead. She eats like Kim Kardashian -- they can both barely close their stiff, plastic blow-up doll mouths around a bite of food, and both look like they can't even taste the food because their noses have been whittled down so far they can't breathe. Between her Jocelyn Wildenstein aspirations and her utter joylessness, Jasmin looks at least 20 years older than her real age. Blake must have a misery fetish.

- Max and Cece: that scene where they discussed Juliana and the wedding was 100% scripted. They read their lines well, God bless 'em, but I cannot stand a precocious child spouting platitudes. It's not cute, it's not impressive, it's just grating. I know it's not their fault, but I don't enjoy those scenes at all. They make me nostalgic for that squeaky little asshole on the Care.com commercials. "Am I cute?" No. 

- Robert and Anny: tale as old as time, the liar and the gold digger. The Gift of the Magi's darkest timeline. They both deserve the big box of nothing they ordered from TrashyCatfish.com. Anny can miss me with that Very Sexy Asthmatic whine. Fucking breathe. I'm positive they have Albuterol in her contree. Robert is just a hologram from a lost Key & Peele sketch.

- Elizabeth and Andrei Sasha: haven't we already seen this story line? Whiny basic and her Eastern European oppressor? Sorry but that baby scares me.

- Angela and Michael: no winners in that story, either. Most of his family seems determined to live up to the Nigerian stereotype of being born to scam. His brother(?)'s shit-eating grin after saying "Michael can just give up on you and start a real family with a much better local woman" was the only thing on earth that could make me root for Angela's thousand-year-old uterus.

At this point I'm watching this show almost exclusively so I can keep up with the podcasts about it. (90 Day Gays, come at us, y'all!)

In bold - now THIS would be epic!

• Love 3
On 1/20/2020 at 4:03 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Angela needed help getting up and she is not even pregnant, can you imagine how she would carry on if she really was to get pregnant, (just so you all know, I do not want that day to ever arrive).

Not to mention, she would have to give up smoking!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Irritable said:

Something about the way the Finn sisters talked about their aversion to alcohol makes me think there might have been an alcoholic in their family who created enough problems that they are now turned off by anyone drinking. 

If I recall correctly, alcoholism is a big deal in Finland.  It shows up in most summaries in the top 20 countries for alcohol consumption, worldwide.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption_per_capita

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, magemaud said:

1CADC34E-B1E8-4D61-A52E-E1F7FBC2C998.jpeg

Blake is a girl-drink drunk & Jasmin acts like he's Don Draper. SO over her. She was never going to go to that party. She's 100% not in the US for Blake. She's there for her sister, so they can have expressionless, shiny faced conversations in Finnish.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Regarding Jasmin's personality someone on this forum, or another forum, I can't remember, was Finn and said that's the way Finnish people are. Not emotional, over the top, or highly expressive but more reserved and not demonstrative. I'm not saying her and Blake are a good match but I think her personality is representative of her culture.

Same thing about Natalie. When she said she wasn't in love with Mike but that her feelings could grow into love, it reminded me of that woman, I think her name was Alla, from the Ukraine that was on the first season of 90 Day Fiance. She came here with her son and married the guy that had been married 2 or 3 times before. She also said that Russian people don't just say "I love you." She said she may fall in love but she was committed to marrying him and working it out. I'm paraphrasing what she said but it reminded me of Natalie. I just think in their culture they don't say "I love you" that easily. Not judging them in any way just stating that it seems like that. I don't think Natalie was stringing Mike along I think that's a cultural difference coming out. I think the biggest deal breaker for those two is their very different religious beliefs. 

Edited by Matty
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, GoGamecox said:

I am amazed that no one has commented on the weird way Jazmin drank from the water bottle at her sister's. It was like her lips were too inflated from filler to drink it the normal way, and she put the entire bottle opening in her mouth to drink out of it. 

I've seen women go to great lengths to maintain perfectly applied lipstick.  I didn't see this scene, but her huge slug lips undoubtedly make sipping, ah, difficult.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, GoGamecox said:

I definitely mentioned her disgusting blow-up doll mouth about a page ago!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Blake is a girl-drink drunk & Jasmin acts like he's Don Draper. SO over her. She was never going to go to that party.

When Jasmin was scolding Blake for ordering the first drink he said something like, "It's my best friend's birthday and I'm going to get SO drunk!" When he ordered the second one, she was outta there. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, GoGamecox said:

In the restaurant,  her inflated lips barely made it around the straw.  I know she is a fanatic about her makeup,  but this was more like her lips could not form the 'O' necessary to drink from a straw. 

I just cannot stand it when Angela calls Maaakeeel's mother "Mama".  I think Angela is older than Mama Maaakeeel.  I cannot figure out what is on her chest.  I thought it was a henna tattoo at first.  I googled it and she did have botox on her face and chest.  Some say it's lasar scarring.  Whatever it is,  why can she not wear a normal top?  I am so glad the embassy laughed her out. I'm glad that there are those who can appreciate her personality  but I cannot stand the woman. We have seen her verbally and physically abuse Maaakeeel.  It really clenched it for me on the last Tell-Nothing. 

There's more I want to say but I've been fighting the flu, this wore me out. 

Auntie Anxiety: I am so very sorry to read you lost your fur baby. I know that pain too well.🐾💞🐾

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 11

In the photo of Michael and Angela that comes on before their segment, Angela is wearing a yellow dress with and orange insert (Tube Top?). She actually looks quite nice. Too bad she doesn't dress like that more often.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Matty said:

Regarding Jasmin's personality someone on this forum, or another forum, I can't remember, was Finn and said that's the way Finnish people are. Not emotional, over the top, or highly expressive but more reserved and not demonstrative. I'm not saying her and Blake are a good match but I think her personality is representative of her culture.

Same thing about Natalie. When she said she wasn't in love with Mike but that her feelings could grow into love, it reminded me of that woman, I think her name was Alla, from the Ukraine that was on the first season of 90 Day Fiance. She came here with her son and married the guy that had been married 2 or 3 times before. She also said that Russian people don't just say "I love you." She said she may fall in love but she was committed to marrying him and working it out. I'm paraphrasing what she said but it reminded me of Natalie. I just think in their culture they don't say "I love you" that easily. Not judging them in any way just stating that it seems like that. I don't think Natalie was stringing Mike along I think that's a cultural difference coming out. I think the biggest deal breaker for those two is their very different religious beliefs. 

I have to respectfully disagree on the Finnish thing. Sure finns are way less emotional and don't do small talk, but AFTER you get to know them and they get to know you, they are lovely, vivid, friendly people. Jasmin is just a bitch and her trying to blame it all on being Finnish is imho rude to Finnish people. 

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Takitaki said:

I have to respectfully disagree on the Finnish thing. Sure finns are way less emotional and don't do small talk, but AFTER you get to know them and they get to know you, they are lovely, vivid, friendly people. 

Is there a rule or custom about not having a conversation when you are eating? Here in the States, meals are a social event.