Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Blindsided

• Start Topic

I can't help that I like Angela. She's got spunk and she's absolutely hilarious. She wants her drink and smoke and her man, and somehow found Michael in Nigeria. And she wants her daughter's egg so she can tote Michael's baby. You just can't make this shit up. 

It was nice of her to get them a microwave. And to try to help making dinner. The brother putting pressure on her to control things that she has absolutely no control over was mean and manipulative. I wasn't a fan of that.

Is Emily having trouble losing weight so she compromised in her head by making her hair platinum grey? She looks like Sara Jessica Parker in "Hocus Pocus."image.png.b84dc52f08dc7fb1034771a4475314c2.png

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

I don't mean this in a fat shaming way at all, and she looks amazing for just having a baby, but didn't Emily look bigger during this show versus when they went to the gym right after she had a baby?  Would not surprise me if she is comfort eating since Sasha is such an ass.

Just now, bravofan27 said:

I can't help that I like Angela. She's got spunk and she's absolutely hilarious. She wants her drink and smoke and her man, and somehow found Michael in Nigeria. And she wants her daughter's egg so she can tote Michael's baby. You just can't make this shit up. 

It was nice of her to get them a microwave. And to try to help making dinner. The brother putting pressure on her to control things that she has absolutely no control over was mean and manipulative. I wasn't a fan of that.

Is Emily having trouble losing weight so she compromised in her head by making her hair platinum grey? She looks like Sara Jessica Parker in "Hocus Pocus."image.png.b84dc52f08dc7fb1034771a4475314c2.png

I'm another that likes Angela.  I don't know why.  She's trashy AF.  I don't like her abusive behavior.  But she makes me laugh.  

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Next season can’t come fast enough. I’m doner than done with most of these fools. Apparently, I care more about Syngin’s future than he does.

Wanted to thank you all for your kind condolences with regard to the loss of my dog. She was a beautiful girl and my constant(ly annoying) companion. Tough day.

I'm also so sorry about your doggie.  Big hugs to you.  

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Mrs Robot said:

It's possible that it's a henna tattoo.

Done by a five year old! Speaking of tattoos, I'm not seeing Angela's boob tat on display, possibly she's trying to conceal it (and the red marks on her chest of unknown origin) with makeup? If so, she's gonna need a lot more! 

14 hours ago, RealReality said:

I can't see why Anna puts up with mursel when friend zied is available for any American woman.

I suspect Zied is into much more sexually than Mursel and remember, Anna doesn't like that. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

- Max and Cece: that scene where they discussed Juliana and the wedding was 100% scripted. They read their lines well, God bless 'em, but I cannot stand a precocious child spouting platitudes. It's not cute, it's not impressive, it's just grating. I know it's not their fault, but I don't enjoy those scenes at all. They make me nostalgic for that squeaky little asshole on the Care.com commercials. "Am I cute?" No. 

Totally agree.  That whole conversation between the kids had my eyes rolling up into my head.  I'm not a fan of the kids.  Sorry.  They seem smart and nice enough, but I just don't like precocious tots.  I'd rather not get their hot takes...

• Love 15
42 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I don't mean this in a fat shaming way at all, and she looks amazing for just having a baby, but didn't Emily look bigger during this show versus when they went to the gym right after she had a baby?  Would not surprise me if she is comfort eating since Sasha is such an ass.

Maybe I watch too much "Say Yes..." but I don't think the shape of that dress flattered her at all. Sasha might be repulsed by her tummy. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, renatae said:

However, on second thought, her eyes do appear to be protruding,

And the raccoon makeup just draws more attention to them.  She looks like she is being choked.

• LOL 5
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Angela needed help getting up and she is not even pregnant, can you imagine how she would carry on if she really was to get pregnant, (just so you all know, I do not want that day to ever arrive).

She’s 54 and can’t cook, so I bet she eats a lot of fast food and honey buns for breakfast.  Which is also a waste of money for someone with a modest income.  Cook some spaghetti, chili, or lasagna.  You can get several meals out of it for far less than restaurant prices.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

Maybe it's just me but I got so bored last night I only watched the first hour.  I used to love this show and be really entertained by it.    Watching the new episode then going on line to snark about everyone was one of my favorite things.  This season  is becoming a chore for me to sit through.  It doesn't help that a lot of the scenes come off as fake and badly acted.  Oh well, maybe the new season will be more entertaining.

Same here.  Every word of that.  Not only is no one interesting, but the manufactured drama isn't even that interesting.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Michael could have afforded to pay for her friends plane tix from Madrid . ESP if he has 2 tuxes.

Man he needed a bra whilst rocking the red t-shirt in the kitchen.  And what is up with his friend Clay’s hair?  He looked like the Chicken Hawk in the Warner Bros. cartoons.  And was CeCe wearing lip stick at the wedding?

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

THIS!

His sister and brother are far better looking.  Maybe they are half siblings? He kinda reminds me of the Cowardly Lion crossed with Drew Peterson and Emmett Kelly.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Whatever is Blake attracted to?  I have a hard time visualizing any sex scene with those too.  Gives me chills.

Maybe he is into necrophilia role play.

1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Would not surprise me if she is comfort eating since Sasha is such an ass.

Plus she can rationalize that she still is significantly smaller than Betsey.

Edited by Spike
  • LOL 15
  • Love 4

We totally see everyone's priorities.  As soon as they get some TLC money we see their true selves emerge such as Angela getting botox and (probably) laser treatments, Emily getting a really expensive hair color treatment, etc.  But they can't afford anything towards living situations...

Emily also cracks me up as she is in such a hurry to get married so that SASHA can get his green card and start working.  Why isn't she finding a job and working?  Oh, right, she has to be with Sasha all of the time to ensure that he doesn't start working on baby #4...

Natalie has tried every manipulative move she knows about.  Although I am really glad that Mike walked away, I have a sad feeling that he will take her back (no spoilers, just thoughts).  

I was a little bit too excited when Angela returned from the embassy and retold her story.  I was laughing right along with the staffer about Angela's "emergency" regarding the K-1 visa.  On a trip to Europe with students, we had a true emergency-we called the embassy, they told us what to do and got us in immediately (this was in Madrid).  I didn't even have to tell them that I was a taxpayer! Unfortunately, I don't think Angela really knows what emergency means... My only regret is that we didn't get to see her interactions at the embassy.  I am so over Angela telling us about all the "rights" she has-in this episode it was her "right" to know about what happened with Michael's visa.  You know what happened-it was denied.  Done.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

We totally see everyone's priorities.  As soon as they get some TLC money we see their true selves emerge such as Angela getting botox and (probably) laser treatments, Emily getting a really expensive hair color treatment, etc.  But they can't afford anything towards living situations...

Emily also cracks me up as she is in such a hurry to get married so that SASHA can get his green card and start working.  Why isn't she finding a job and working?  Oh, right, she has to be with Sasha all of the time to ensure that he doesn't start working on baby #4...

Natalie has tried every manipulative move she knows about.  Although I am really glad that Mike walked away, I have a sad feeling that he will take her back (no spoilers, just thoughts).  

I was a little bit too excited when Angela returned from the embassy and retold her story.  I was laughing right along with the staffer about Angela's "emergency" regarding the K-1 visa.  On a trip to Europe with students, we had a true emergency-we called the embassy, they told us what to do and got us in immediately (this was in Madrid).  I didn't even have to tell them that I was a taxpayer! Unfortunately, I don't think Angela really knows what emergency means... My only regret is that we didn't get to see her interactions at the embassy.  I am so over Angela telling us about all the "rights" she has-in this episode it was her "right" to know about what happened with Michael's visa.  You know what happened-it was denied.  Done.

Emily's hair to me looks like she got bleach at Sally's and just bleached it and washed it with purple shampoo.  That doesn't not look like an expensive salon job to me.  It doesn't look like it's been cut professionally either.

• Love 14

The way Natalie was speaking to Mike on the way to the airport was a huge indicator that she is used to sweet talking men and that is how she must be used to being consoled by her mother. It was odd the way she was reassuring him that he was loved. I don't think he was the one concerned about being loved. 

I think Jasmin needs to let up a little.  I understand completely how she feels about feeling forced to be friends with your partner's friends, but you do have to make compromises in a relationship.  Sometimes that compromise is spending time with people you aren't crazy about for hours. I wonder if she had a negative experience with alcohol and that is why she is so opposed to it?

I understand respecting customs,  but when Angela had to start buying appliances it reminded me of how family Akinyi was milking Ben. She isn't new to the family and she is going to be bringing Michael to America which is going to benefit his family since he will be sending them money. I think she's doing enough. 

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am going to duck some tomatoes here but:  I do not find baby Da-VEED cute.  At all.  His head has an odd shape to it and for the love of all things holy please get that kid mobile so he loses baby weight.  

No tomatoes from me. I posted very early on that that kid looks weird. I don’t do a lot of ooohing and aaahing over babies to begin with, but this kid reminded me of the Seinfeld ugly baby episode.

Problem with getting a big baby mobile is that they have a lot of weight to drag around and it gets tiring. Much easier to be a blob (says a mother who’s first baby was a ten pounder and three times his birth weight at one year, which is perfectly normal but heavy!).

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

ESP if he has 2 tuxes.

He has one tux that he hoped he fit in to, (probably from his first wedding) so he had to buy one that fit, they are not that expensive, I doubt he bought a designer tux.

I wish production would stop feeding lines to kids, it never sounds natural coming from them.

Anyone do any digging on their wedding registry? 

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I hope Murcel got on that plane but something tells me he is appearing next week.

He’s still trying to find the boarding gate, and Omar.

• LOL 23
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

So it has been 2 years that Mah-kul and Big Ang have been together and in that time Angela has told him to stop work and she would send him money because of you know, women.  Mah-kul could have had 2 + years to earn some money to add to the K1 visa process or at least had some money in his pocket when he finally lands in the US, what sort of mindset does Big Ang have? Is it she has more power because she has more money and can lord it over Mah-kul?  I feel for that guy, his life will forever be answering to Angela's whims because she will always equate his very existence with the fact she brings home the paycheck.

Hah, Angela has to bring the family gifts every time she walks in to their homes, I would have brought flowers.  Maybe scamming is the family trade.

Angela has the mindset of an abusive controller.  

• Love 12

I can't stand Anny AT ALL.  She reminds me of the family Pedro, of Chantel and Pedro; one of those Dominicans who will give you a DEATH look for even mentioning that they have African ancestry.  Yeah, Anny girl, just keep blowing that hair out.

She has to be as dumb as a pile of rocks.  Robert went to see her when he was on a CRUISE.  He didn't even spend the money to fly to the DR to see her.  He would have been a BIG no no to me.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

She has to be as dumb as a pile of rocks.  Robert went to see her when he was on a CRUISE.  He didn't even spend the money to fly to the DR to see her.  He would have been a BIG no no to me.

Plus how much of that eight hours was spent changing clothes so that they would have enough pics to fool the authorities that they had a long-standing relationship.  It’s so weird that she got the visa so easily when people like Alexi have to wait for years.  I guess it has a lot to do with what region or country you want to emigrate from.

Edited by Spike
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

So you got him to blow off his friend's birthday party then you leave in a huff over a wine slushy?  (What is that, anyway?) 

I think he ordered something he called a Paloma and just explained to the Finnish Carrie Nation that is was a “wine slushy.” 

“The paloma, also known as "the working man's drink", is a tequila-based cocktail. This drink is most commonly prepared by mixing tequila, lime juice, and a grapefruit-flavored soda such as Fresca, Squirt, or Jarritos and served on the rocks with a lime wedge. Adding salt to the rim of the glass is also an option. 

And I’m pretty sure he ordered a second one before Jazmin flounced out. But I’ll have to rewatch. Did she ever get her Cobb Salad or was that yet another 90 Day uneaten food restaurant exit scene? 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I think he ordered something he called a Paloma and just explained to the Finnish Carrie Nation that is was a “wine slushy.” 

“The paloma, also known as "the working man's drink", is a tequila-based cocktail. This drink is most commonly prepared by mixing tequila, lime juice, and a grapefruit-flavored soda such as Fresca, Squirt, or Jarritos and served on the rocks with a lime wedge. Adding salt to the rim of the glass is also an option. 

And I’m pretty sure he ordered a second one before Jazmin flounced out. But I’ll have to rewatch. Did she ever get her Cobb Salad or was that yet another 90 Day uneaten food restaurant exit scene? 

See, that is what was confusing to me.  The Paloma was a go to beverage back in the 80's for me.  Then it was called a wine slushy on the show.

I believe Jasmine got her green tea but unsure of the salad.  When hubby gets home we are watching Pillow Talk (he had an early bedtime but no school for me today - yay!*)

*=Four day weeks are actually hard because many kids have trouble adjusting after three days off so four days can feel like six, lol.

17 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Did she ever get her Cobb Salad or was that yet another 90 Day uneaten food restaurant exit scene? 

Would have loved to have seen her cut it on the bias.

Jasmin hires herself out as a member of the Fun Police. She wants to shut down fun even before it happens, a la The Minority Report.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Sorry, I can't understand how someone not in love with another person thinks they should have a baby with them.  It's flawed thinking.  Mike, I'm sure thought she was in love with him since she wanted to pop out a baby.

Want a baby so bad? Go to a fucking sperm bank.  Don't play with someone's heart.

Several years ago, a former coworker found a random dude to be her donor. Her mother had been pressuring her for a grandchild and at 40, she had yet to provide one. Poor guy is stuck with support payments.

Someone remarked that Mike only served Bojangles one pancake at breakfast. Maybe since Bojangles only has four teeth that’s about all he can handle while gumming it down. 

Edited by Matty
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

No tomatoes from me. I posted very early on that that kid looks weird. 

I think so too. I noticed early on that he has a perpetually startled expression and I wonder if he has a thyroid problem maybe. I don't know how common that is in babies, but he is unusually large IMO.

Sasha seems to think highly of himself, I'd like to know what Emily sees in him. And because it can't be said enough, ditch the platinum hair. No girl.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Several years ago, a former coworker found a random dude to be her donor. Her mother had been pressuring her for a grandchild and at 40, she had yet to provide one. Poor guy is stuck with support payments.

Oh gosh that is so wrong on many levels.  Go be foster granny at your local school - kids do not owe their parents grandkids!!!!  

11 minutes ago, QueBueno said:

Those are gateway seasonings, you know.  Before you know it she's grabbing a Mrs. Dash.

Next up:  Paprika.

1 hour ago, readheaded said:

Angela has the mindset of an abusive controller.  

Yeppers.  Said it before, I will say it again - if it were a male treating and talking to a female that way it would not air.  Flying down to "straighten things out" and barging into the embassy?  Plus being mad at Michael for not being "right there" when she got out?  

• Love 16
15 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Banana Frosting & Frozen Fish - Remember when everyone though Jesse was a dick because he objected to Darcey's drinking after she staggered into the bushes coming back from a bar? He's still a dick, but he was right about her having a substance abuse problem. So - hear me out - I suspect that Banana is a lush. All his social gatherings seem to be lubricated with booze. He goes out to dinner with Frozen before going to a party where drinking is going to be the main event, and despite being on a pauper's budget, insists on somewhat sneakily ordering an expensive cocktail. I think he might even have ordered a second one? Regardless, he seems to be quite the boozer. There's no argument that Frozen is excessively priggish, but perhaps it comes from a place of seeing Banana socialize nonstop so that he has drinking buddies.

That's what I was wondering too. Her "please don't drink" seemed to me like a "please don't drink too much again".

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

It's hard for me to care about Anny when I see how eager she is to jump into their one double bed with this total shitbag that brought her to the US. She should have left on her second day here.

Three or 4 times a day no less ! And complaining that he’s stingy with sex along with money. If she left a big fancy wardrobe back home, it might be worth it to have a friend pack up  her best stuff and mail it here.

Poor Juliana.. she said she didn’t want her family to come to the US because they would see all the great stuff she  has and want her to share the good fortune with them. I’m betting Michael told her he wouldn't pick up the tab for their airfare.  If she came across as sad  in her talking head, it’s probably because she realizes she got punked. Michael isn’t going to give her a credit card and even though she can “handle a stick“  she has no access to his car/s. But she did score a nice bicycle!!  Maybe she and his kids can have a lemonade stand and share the profits ?  No sympathy for her. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Normally I half-watch while working on the computer. For some reason, I paid a little more attention than usual last night, and boy do I regret it.

- Sequim Mike: hard to feel bad for him at the airport when he can hardly grunt out a sentence around all that gum chomping he was putting most of his effort into. He was worse than an NFL offensive coordinator. 

- Bojangles: I just don't get the love for this guy. Being a yokel caricature is not a life plan. No wonder Mike isn't ready for kids yet; he's already playing Bank of Dad and flipping pancakes every Sunday for the toothless manchild who lives in his outbuildings.

- Jasmin: her face is disgusting to me, all swollen and shiny and dead. She eats like Kim Kardashian -- they can both barely close their stiff, plastic blow-up doll mouths around a bite of food, and both look like they can't even taste the food because their noses have been whittled down so far they can't breathe. Between her Jocelyn Wildenstein aspirations and her utter joylessness, Jasmin looks at least 20 years older than her real age. Blake must have a misery fetish.

- Max and Cece: that scene where they discussed Juliana and the wedding was 100% scripted. They read their lines well, God bless 'em, but I cannot stand a precocious child spouting platitudes. It's not cute, it's not impressive, it's just grating. I know it's not their fault, but I don't enjoy those scenes at all. They make me nostalgic for that squeaky little asshole on the Care.com commercials. "Am I cute?" No. 

- Robert and Anny: tale as old as time, the liar and the gold digger. The Gift of the Magi's darkest timeline. They both deserve the big box of nothing they ordered from TrashyCatfish.com. Anny can miss me with that Very Sexy Asthmatic whine. Fucking breathe. I'm positive they have Albuterol in her contree. Robert is just a hologram from a lost Key & Peele sketch.

- Elizabeth and Andrei Sasha: haven't we already seen this story line? Whiny basic and her Eastern European oppressor? Sorry but that baby scares me.

- Angela and Michael: no winners in that story, either. Most of his family seems determined to live up to the Nigerian stereotype of being born to scam. His brother(?)'s shit-eating grin after saying "Michael can just give up on you and start a real family with a much better local woman" was the only thing on earth that could make me root for Angela's thousand-year-old uterus.

At this point I'm watching this show almost exclusively so I can keep up with the podcasts about it. (90 Day Gays, come at us, y'all!)

I think we're soulmates @JocelynCavanaugh. I feel as though I could have written the above post. 

Hmm, I must have missed some posts or something because last night was the first time I saw or heard of this Bojangles person. Does Natalie know that he exists? I must say that that would be a dealbreaker for me if my long distance beloved had a toothless weirdo living on the property. Is he a blood relative or just some hanger on? In any case, Sequim Mike is all devastated and upset to find out that his beloved is a childish, psychotic loon that doesn't love him. But he's still at "maybe" it won't work. 

I used to like CT Mike's kids but they are an irritant now. Scripted, phony, pushing for more teevee time. No thanks. And I still can't believe that Michael wore sneakers to his wedding. He looked like an ass. 

I will sit at the "we're going to hell table" with the rest of the folks who think that Emily and Sasha's baby is not cute. 

I hate Anny and Robert but the handshaking while talking shit about Anny was just disgusting to watch. They're all trash. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
(edited)
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Oh gosh that is so wrong on many levels.  Go be foster granny at your local school - kids do not owe their parents grandkids!!!!  

Next up:  Paprika.

Yeppers.  Said it before, I will say it again - if it were a male treating and talking to a female that way it would not air.  Flying down to "straighten things out" and barging into the embassy?  Plus being mad at Michael for not being "right there" when she got out?  

Mama is Russian and Jewish. Mama was also very controlling. She lived with mama til 40 - mama would do everything for her and probably tucked her in at night and woke her up in the AM. The family unit of her, mother, and sister was eye opening.

The girl cared about pleasing her mama and I think she expected the random donor to marry her. She left the workplace a few years ago. I think that the kid is raising her.

Forgot to add that she tried to dump the baby to her mother to care for - a woman in her 70s. Mother shut her down.

Edited by Frozendiva
52 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I think we're soulmates @JocelynCavanaugh. I feel as though I could have written the above post. 

Hmm, I must have missed some posts or something because last night was the first time I saw or heard of this Bojangles person. Does Natalie know that he exists? I must say that that would be a dealbreaker for me if my long distance beloved had a toothless weirdo living on the property. Is he a blood relative or just some hanger on? In any case, Sequim Mike is all devastated and upset to find out that his beloved is a childish, psychotic loon that doesn't love him. But he's still at "maybe" it won't work. 

I used to like CT Mike's kids but they are an irritant now. Scripted, phony, pushing for more teevee time. No thanks. And I still can't believe that Michael wore sneakers to his wedding. He looked like an ass. 

I will sit at the "we're going to hell table" with the rest of the folks who think that Emily and Sasha's baby is not cute. 

I hate Anny and Robert but the handshaking while talking shit about Anny was just disgusting to watch. They're all trash. 

Bojangles is Mike’s uncle, he’s been on the show before this. He’s entertaining on the show; in real life, not so much (see the couple’s thread for details).

Edited by Gobi
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Sorry, I can't understand how someone not in love with another person thinks they should have a baby with them.  It's flawed thinking.  Mike, I'm sure thought she was in love with him since she wanted to pop out a baby.

Want a baby so bad? Go to a fucking sperm bank.  Don't play with someone's heart.

Um, yeah, that's kind of what I said-that she shouldn't be pushing the baby. I was addressing the "not in love yet" idea, which is why I made a special point to mention that the baby idea is wrong. I feel like my whole comment was twisted in your reply to me.

• Love 5

I thought what Jasmine said to her sister was interesting, that Blake never wants to explore her interests, it's always drinking and his friends when she doesn't drink at all & wants time with him. I'm starting to see her side, esp,considering the screen said they've got 28 days left and she's still living with his parents when he never told her she'd be staying with them at all. It's been 2months!

I also wondered how soon the interview with Natalie and Mike was after the ridiculousness in the coffee shop when he accused her of having applied for other K1 visas.  Cos "classified" must mean she's a whore and a liar or something.  Did they ever resolve that?  I can see saying I don't know if I love this dickhead after he said those things in that tone of voice with that look on his face to me.  And I would definitely be expecting him to apologize.  And I would be placating him like a baby in the cab for the sake of the relationship. Because 1) he is a big baby; 2) you want a nice goodbye to salvage something.  I hate Mike.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, blubld43 said:

I think so too. I noticed early on that he has a perpetually startled expression and I wonder if he has a thyroid problem maybe. I don't know how common that is in babies, but he is unusually large IMO.

Sasha seems to think highly of himself, I'd like to know what Emily sees in him. And because it can't be said enough, ditch the platinum hair. No girl.

I don't know how common it is, but babies can have congenital hypothyroidism.  I just hope that the little guy can get whatever care he needs because it doesn't seem like anybody has a job, so he's probably not insured.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2