Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Can’t Back Out Now

• Start Topic

Kayla is hopeful that Stephan will start showing up for Izaiah. Ashley resolves to co-parent with Bar. Rachel takes a pregnancy test. Kiaya asks Teazha to talk to Amour’s father. Brianna looks to the future.

Airs January 21, 2020

2 hours ago, Quilty said:

I didn't watch. Is rachel pregnant?

No. But you did miss her fantastic monologue where she describes why she doesn't want to use condoms.

1. some guys find it disrespectful (!!!)

2. some guys say their pull out game is "strong"

3. She's an idiot and so are they.

The last one was actually mine, lol!

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

This is just the saddest show.  These young girls thrown into motherhood before they even finish high school.

Rachael doesn't have the sense God gave a goose!  I'd like to blame her mother for the bad parenting but she's hopeless too.

Ashley thinking Bar will do parent is like me wishing Brad Pitt would give me a ring!  He's nothing but a loser and never do well.  Her sister has his number.

Brianna is the only one I had some hope for but hearing about her new boyfriend he's coming with problems of his own.  Get some good girlfriends and have some fun!

This group keeps me awake at night!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, Soobs said:

I must be going to hell because this is the funniest thing I've ever heard.  That girl has zero self esteem and zero role models for being a human being of any sense.  And the guys she apparently has to choose from are the biggest losers on the planet.  This is her universe, she thinks this is normal. I feel sorry for her when I'm not smacking my head at the stupid.

This episode was a long breath of sanity otherwise. The other girls were making some mature decisions and there was no drama and fighting. Brianna has decided on a career although her financial situation puts a pause in her plans. I don't know why she is so set on having relationships with trans female to male folks. I can understand meeting someone and falling for them, but she seems to be seeking them out specially. I wonder what that's about.  I think Brianna is a good mom and I do like her. She is one of the youngest and she seems to be doing pretty good and her mom is trying but she doesn't necessarily have the best judgment all the time.

Kayla and Stephan seem to be making logical and calm decisions regarding coparenting and he actually apologized for his behavior. I never thought I'd see that. We'll see how long it lasts but it gave me some hope.

Kiaya and Teaza finally seem to be working on the parenting with Z'veon (sp?) and didn't have the same old fight this week. Although if I never hear the word 'bruh' again I'd be happy.

I keep waiting for Rachel's mom to wind up pregnant (she's young enough) with a surprise baby, it would make a lot of sense in that family. I wish I had more hope for them.

• Love 6

I wonder if Brianna's school is accredited so she could get some student loans to cover her half of the living expenses?  Or if she could get some other kind of loan if it's not accredited?  It's nine months, not several years like a BA would be, so her loans would be minimal.  Then she'd have those skills for life and would be in a much better position forever.  She's looking short-term.  And I know she doesn't have a bunch of MTV money now, but she will get some from this season that could pay those loans, and the cost of the program, back in less than a year.  That would be the best thing she could do with that money.  This show is not going to go on for as long as the other TM shows, and the girls will be better off if it doesn't.  Look at all the other lofty goals the girls had before they were ruined by tons of money they didn't really work for. 

I also wonder why she doesn't try to make some friends.  It's always a romantic relationship she's after.  Just make some regular friends and be free for a while.  It seems like she feels she has only two options, 1. complete loneliness or 2. dating.  At least she had that one friend in last nights episode. 

• Love 6

Brianna is making some good choices, at least in terms of her financial future. If she becomes a dental hygienist, its money in the bank. Its a good credential that she can use anywhere. The health care professions are a good bet. She should get a job waitressing a few nights a week and do the 9 month program. If she's working in a dental office now she might be able to keep working part time, based on her school schedule.

I don't trust Stephan as far as I can throw a piano.

Kayla. Honey. You do not need a three bedroom apartment. Jesus, sometimes I want to smack that girl. This is a temporary setup, for two years while Luke finishes school. You are not looking for your dream house. What is she going to do if Luke gets signed to a foreign basketball team and she has to pack up the kids and move to Romania or Italy or someplace?

Rachel just makes me sad. Her freakout at the doctor's office was cringeworthy. You'd think she was going to have bamboo splints shoved under her fingernails for crying out loud. "like a contraction, for a minute and a half" and she was weeping and wailing. "Ah hope Ah kin remember to take mah pill ever' day!" Girl. What else do you have to do? She acts like swallowing a pill is splitting the atom. And this makes not once, but twice, that she wouldn't know who knocked her up. She will have 5 kids by the time she's 23.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Ashley thinking Bar will do parent is like me wishing Brad Pitt would give me a ring!  He's nothing but a loser and never do well.  Her sister has his number.

I really wish Ashley would listen to her sister. I found myself nodding the whole time she was offering good advice and insight and it just goes in one ear and out the other on Ashley. Well she can't say she wasn't warned!

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Rachel just makes me sad. Her freakout at the doctor's office was cringeworthy. You'd think she was going to have bamboo splints shoved under her fingernails for crying out loud. "like a contraction, for a minute and a half" and she was weeping and wailing. "Ah hope Ah kin remember to take mah pill ever' day!"

She can have pain that's like a contraction for a couple of minutes, or she can risk it with the pill that she herself doesn't think she's responsible enough to take correctly, and have actual contractions for several hours.  Tough choice. 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And this makes not once, but twice, that she wouldn't know who knocked her up.

I hope when she said she had "no idea" who would have been the father had she been pregnant, that she meant between meth-face Freddie Mercury* and his best friend, again, and not that it could have been, pretty much, any dude in town.

I lol'd at Mallory agreeing that being drunk and wanting to have sex was a valid excuse for why Rachel didn't use a condom. That's Jenelle level reasoning right there. See Jenelle? You can be replaced.

And now I need a shower.

*My apologies to Freddie Mercury, may he RIP.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

I really wish Ashley would listen to her sister. I found myself nodding the whole time she was offering good advice and insight and it just goes in one ear and out the other on Ashley. Well she can't say she wasn't warned!

Ashley's sister is the sanest person on this show. Can we send her to Tennessee to knock some sense into Rachel? I cannot with her stupidity. I just...her reasoning made no sense at all. So if MTV is showing us the timeline correctly, she hooked up with both Drew and Jacob (again), she took a pregnant test that was negative and she goes the the Dr to get birth control. She says she'll do the pill and the Dr tells her it's not instantly effective and will take 2 weeks to start working. At this point she broke up with Jacob and isn't speaking to Drew. So logically she shouldn't be having sex with anyone and she probably could wait 2 weeks for the birth control to kick in. Unless there is a third guy we don't know about. But judging from the preview, she does get pregnant again? I'm not even sure what point I'm trying to make. Just that I can't with her stupidity. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

Ashley's sister is the sanest person on this show. Can we send her to Tennessee to knock some sense into Rachel? I cannot with her stupidity. I just...her reasoning made no sense at all. So if MTV is showing us the timeline correctly, she hooked up with both Drew and Jacob (again), she took a pregnant test that was negative and she goes the the Dr to get birth control. She says she'll do the pill and the Dr tells her it's not instantly effective and will take 2 weeks to start working. At this point she broke up with Jacob and isn't speaking to Drew. So logically she shouldn't be having sex with anyone and she probably could wait 2 weeks for the birth control to kick in. Unless there is a third guy we don't know about. But judging from the preview, she does get pregnant again? I'm not even sure what point I'm trying to make. Just that I can't with her stupidity. 

And her trade off of having another baby instead of 90 seconds of pain to get an IUD inserted.  I wish the doctor would have pointed that out to her.

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I would totally watch that spinoff show if they did that!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I hope when she said she had "no idea" who would have been the father had she been pregnant, that she meant between meth-face Freddie Mercury* and his best friend, again, and not that it could have been, pretty much, any dude in town.

OH MY GOD I AM DYING.

1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

Ashley's sister is the sanest person on this show. Can we send her to Tennessee to knock some sense into Rachel? I cannot with her stupidity.

She's the smartest, and the sanest AND she can catch a flying chair! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, MaggieG said:

You never know when you just might accidentally have sex with a random guy who doesn't have a strong pull out game. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

Briana wants to attend school and become a dental assistant.  This is basically a minimum wage job.  And, her credits won’t transfer to a college as she is attending a diploma mill school that hands out certificates.

Briana is the Lea of TMY&P.  They fiddle with school and then make excuses why they cannot go.

She can attend college online classes while Branson is still young and films the show.  And, her dating habits and not knowing who is her kid’s dad.....make her a complete moron.

Her mom is creepy.  She directs all their scripted  scenes. 

Mom looks young and needs to get a job.  They can alternative watching Braeson.

Rachel is the one to watch this season. She is sad and hilarious all at once.

‘Watch my kid!’ ‘ I am not taking a hungry screaming baby into Wal-mart!’

Hello! Amazon!  Get the Prime Delivery! 

Half my orders are delivered within 24 hours or less.

• Love 3
On 1/22/2020 at 12:07 AM, Soobs said:

No. But you did miss her fantastic monologue where she describes why she doesn't want to use condoms.

1. some guys find it disrespectful (!!!)

3. She's an idiot and so are they.

The last one was actually mine, lol!

Rachel  also said she has random partners because she is......drunk and wants to f@ck!!!  Hahahahahahahahah! 🤣

Rachel does not want birth control because she wants the ability to trap a guy if she likes him!

This is why she doesn’t want a paternity test. She has 2 guys trapped. Even though the baby is mostly likely Drew’s......and, they all know it.  

If she has a paternity test......it probably won’t even be his! Happens on Maury all the time.

(and, to Briana)

Edited by Dance4Life
  • Love 2

Brianna was looking to attend classes at Portland Community College. This is not a diploma mill and is the top transfer junior college in the state to university. Although I live in Oregon, I am a native Californian and I know that many Californians read this thread, so I will translate. This is like attending Diablo Valley College up north and transferring to a UC or in my case a CSU school. Dental assisting may not pay well but it is a good start and she can build on it. PCC is an accredited, so she can get a loan and work part time.  

• Love 6

I was very pleased to see Stephan's change of demeanor in this episode. I won't be holding my breath waiting to see if it lasts, but this is the first time I've ever seen him have a calm conversation and take accountability for his actions. If he can stick with this, maybe his life will eventually go on a better path. 

I agree with others that Brianna should figure out a way to pay for school. Given that she has experience working in a dental office, she's in an even better position to get a decent job after she finishes school. If I was her mom, I would be trying to figure out how to make that happen for her (like factoring in how much she'll make from the show to see if that could repay loans, etc.).  If you have a kid who has a child and is showing interest in bettering themselves, the best thing you could do for them is get them the training in a marketable skill.  The short term financial pain from that nine months will contrast to potentially decades of an income she can use to support herself and her son.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 6

I try to wrap my mind around Rachel's perspective on life. In her position, I feel like I'd be so terrified of getting pregnant again. She is so trapped in the moment that she can't execute the most basic planning. Never mind the IUD; she can't even react to formula running low. What is it like to live that way?

Her town has to be full of other teen moms. What if she made friends with them and didn't have to rely on her loser dudes and addict sister for company? I know, I know...solutions to problems, cause and effect, it's all beyond her.

• Love 2

Rachel: I don’t do well with any sort of implant.

Me: WHAT ELSE HAVE YOU HAD IMPLANTED?!?!!?!!!

Seriously, what on earth was she talking about? Was it just the idea of an implant that creeped her out? Has she had an IUD or Norplant before? Does she know what “implant” means? I do not understand her thought process.

• Love 2