Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
jewel21

S03.E13: How Conrad Gets His Groove Back

Recommended Posts

Quote

Upon meeting with a high-profile soccer player suffering from mysterious symptoms, Conrad ends up back at Chastain and faces an angry Logan Kim. When Bell and the Raptor come up empty-handed in regard to a diagnosis, the doctors take note on how talented Conrad truly is. Nic springs into action when she notices Kyle falling into a deep depression and fears he could be suicidal. Devon butts heads with Irving over patient space. Mina realizes she has become attached to baby Michelle.

Airdate: 01/21/2020

Share this post


Link to post

Hot damn, Corbin Berson knocked it out of the park tonight.  

So did Nic and Conrad.  Hell, everyone did a great job tonight.

Actually, I thought this was one of the best episodes of the series.  Very satisfying.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

The timeline on this season is crazy. That baby is supporting its own head. 

The Bell and Austin team up was fun. I loved when they tried to solve the case.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Loved Conrad having Logan Kim by the short hairs, but he really should have gone in for the kill.  He should have made Logan requesting a transfer to a different hospital (Red Rock does own many hospitals, right?) a condition of him bringing the soccer team business to Chastain.  He could have even told Logan that he could take credit for it and use it as leverage to secure the transfer.  Win-win.  Of course, there is no guarantee that Kim's replacement wouldn't be just as bad.    

  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Yay! A win for team Chastain. I really liked the bantering between Bell and AJ- more of that please.

Corbin and Emily were awesome tonight. I hope they don’t kill Kyle off before we get the Nic and Conrad wedding.

Some babies can support their heads around 2-3 months of age. I’m wondering what Mina’s friend’s hospital bill will be since it seems as if she’s been in the hospital for at least two months. Also, did they ever mention how she’s going to support the kid? I never caught what her job was.

That Aussie Internal Med doc seems like bad news. Nice job almost killing a patient. I’m glad that the trauma surgeon is now in their friend group- guy needs some love!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, twoods said:

Some babies can support their heads around 2-3 months of age. I’m wondering what Mina’s friend’s hospital bill will be since it seems as if she’s been in the hospital for at least two months. Also, did they ever mention how she’s going to support the kid? I never caught what her job was

That baby was older than 3 months, especially considering it was born early. I get that it's better to use an older baby for filming but maybe don't show her quite so much. It feels like Mina's plot has been 6 months, Conrad's maybe a month or two (to apply to and hear back from that many hospitals has to take a little while), Devon's maybe a couple of weeks (because how long after becoming a second year would he really be waiting to start his dual residency) and Kyle's a matter of days. It's just wildly distracting. I'm hoping now that Mina is baby free and Conrad is back at the hospital things will start to feel more cohesive.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, twoods said:

Some babies can support their heads around 2-3 months of age. I’m wondering what Mina’s friend’s hospital bill will be since it seems as if she’s been in the hospital for at least two months. Also, did they ever mention how she’s going to support the kid? I never caught what her job was.

I don't know how old that baby is supposed to be or how long she was in the hospital.  On a show like this that focuses on the shortcomings of our health care industry, I would have expected them to have a storyline about how she needs to leave the hospital immediately because 1) even her magical insurance won't pay for months of hospital stay!!! and 2) Red Rock won't allow it pro bono and wants the bed/room back for other patients.

Edited by izabella
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know why Conrad has such a loyalty to Chastain, other than that his girlfriend and friends all work there. Why would he take his business back there, knowing the awful work environment, and let Logan Kim get credit for bringing in a big client? Why do they all continue to act like Chastain is the only place they can work? Working for Red Rock and Logan Kim has got to be the worst! 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, GiandujaPie said:

I don't know why Conrad has such a loyalty to Chastain, other than that his girlfriend and friends all work there. Why would he take his business back there, knowing the awful work environment, and let Logan Kim get credit for bringing in a big client? Why do they all continue to act like Chastain is the only place they can work? Working for Red Rock and Logan Kim has got to be the worst! 

Having his girlfriend and lots of friends work there seems like the main reason. And wanting to finish his residency at the same hospital he started at may play a part. At a new hospital he probably wouldn't have gotten to be chief resident, so I guess that plays a role too.

But can Conrad really be a team doctor and a full time doctor at the hospital?  And would the team have hired him when he never finished his residency?

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

But can Conrad really be a team doctor and a full time doctor at the hospital? 

That’s my question, especially Chief Resident. Isn’t that a conflict of interest?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I hope Mina and her friend don't have a falling out about raising the baby.  I know Mina got attached to the baby, but she gave her friend a strange, envious look when she gave the baby to her and I think the friend picked up on that.   

I'm looking forward to seeing AJ and the supplement lady to see if anything develops between them.  I hope he and Mina just remain friends.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

58 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I hope Mina and her friend don't have a falling out about raising the baby.  I know Mina got attached to the baby, but she gave her friend a strange, envious look when she gave the baby to her and I think the friend picked up on that.   

I think that look was the tv trope of "woman who most definitely knows she does not want a baby, ever, suddenly starts wanting a baby."

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, is this just me?  Do fully functional independent adults live lives this separate??  Why wasn't he at home researching?  And she drove her Dad to the psych ward alone? 

They lead separate lives, even in times of crisis.  Mind boggling.  Àgree with the crazy time lines for each story.  Missed last week and don't even care.  Show is not compelling....and not believable.  Sad.

Edited by Jlina

Share this post


Link to post

While I acknowledge that Corbin is a seasoned veteran actor, I really didn't care  much for his storyline and am actually pleased that they're ending it--at least for now.  Happy Nic didn't have any more guilt to assume because of what her father was contemplating.

 

So Conrad figured out how to return to Chastain, despite Logan Kim AND without his dad's help even though it was a strange "arrangement"   

Agree - The Bell and Austin team up was fun. I loved when they tried to solve the case.   I'm still getting over this unprecedented change with Bell.  Still wrapping my head around the acceptance that he's now one of the good guys?🤨    No Dr. Omnipotent this week😅

Edited by cathmed
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Jlina said:

Ok, is this just me?  Do fully functional independent adults live lives this separate??  Why wasn't he at home researching?  And she drove her Dad to the psych ward alone? 

He was in a coffee shop just down the street so he was available to run over if he was needed or vice versa (like Devon dropped in for advice).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Having his girlfriend and lots of friends work there seems like the main reason. And wanting to finish his residency at the same hospital he started at may play a part. At a new hospital he probably wouldn't have gotten to be chief resident, so I guess that plays a role too.

But can Conrad really be a team doctor and a full time doctor at the hospital?  And would the team have hired him when he never finished his residency?

Chief residency is technically his fourth year of residency. He’s already done with training and I’m guessing board certified (or testing soon). He could have been a team doctor or worked anywhere else, so that part made sense. What doesn’t make sense is him being chief and the team doctor. That’s a lot of work!

So they made it work with Devon first being an internal medicine intern and then switching to the ED- he’s now magically in a dual residency program! At least now we won’t wonder why he’s always in the ED.

Edited by twoods
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

just down the street so he was available to run over if he was needed or vice versa (like Devon dropped in for advice).

Thanks!  The other thing I laughed at is the convenience of this happening on Nic's day off.   Still baffled why he didn't rude with her.  I feel codependent compared to these two!

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, cathmed said:

I'm so through with April (and just sick of her games).  Choi with his "double entendre" that has April looking baffled/confused/ambivalent yet still making gooey eyes😳 at Marcel - just stop the madness!

I mentioned a couple times in recent weeks that I wondered what Marcel's backstory was.  This episode--with the kids--may be telling.  Let's hope they explore more of this.   I really wanted to smack Natalie (and I'm truly not a violent person) but I'm so tired of her quick to judge, opinionated self with him and everyone else.   Yeah, she and Halstead just need to get back together--he's such an idiot and narcissist.  I hoped Dr. Charles would have really gone off with him when he screamed at him but that was a missed opportunity by the writers.   Will's head is harder than tungsten steel and now will obviously stay with the safe injection site after "saving" the woman's life.   He knows what he's doing is worth it--not matter the cost🙄.   I pray he loses his job, license to practice, and is written off--along with Natalie and April.

???

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, cathmed said:

I'm so through with April (and just sick of her games).  Choi with his "double entendre" that has April looking baffled/confused/ambivalent yet still making gooey eyes😳 at Marcel - just stop the madness!

I mentioned a couple times in recent weeks that I wondered what Marcel's backstory was.  This episode--with the kids--may be telling.  Let's hope they explore more of this.   I really wanted to smack Natalie (and I'm truly not a violent person) but I'm so tired of her quick to judge, opinionated self with him and everyone else.   Yeah, she and Halstead just need to get back together--he's such an idiot and narcissist.  I hoped Dr. Charles would have really gone off with him when he screamed at him but that was a missed opportunity by the writers.   Will's head is harder than tungsten steel and now will obviously stay with the safe injection site after "saving" the woman's life.   He knows what he's doing is worth it--not matter the cost🙄.   I pray he loses his job, license to practice, and is written off--along with Natalie and April.

Who are these people?  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/22/2020 at 5:34 PM, KaveDweller said:

But can Conrad really be a team doctor and a full time doctor at the hospital?  And would the team have hired him when he never finished his residency?

Yes.  I work for a medical school that is connected to a hospital (physically).  One of our docs who works here is also a team doctor for our local professional teams.  

On 1/23/2020 at 10:03 AM, cathmed said:

While I acknowledge that Corbin is a seasoned veteran actor, I really didn't care  much for his storyline and am actually pleased that they're ending it--at least for now.  Happy Nic didn't have any more guilt to assume because of what her father was contemplating.

I'm so through with April (and just sick of her games).  Choi with his "double entendre" that has April looking baffled/confused/ambivalent yet still making gooey eyes😳 at Marcel - just stop the madness!

 

I believe these people are on a different show. 😉

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lovecat said:

Who are these people?  

I just realized that they're on Chicago Med.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I just realized that they're on Chicago Med.

I thought I had blacked out and missed an entire plot line 🙂

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I believe these people are on a different show. 😉

You are so right---getting my medical shows mixed up - apologies!!!  Obviously, watched all the shows back to-back and was evidently also thinking of Chicago Med while on The Resident site🤣

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Isn't sharing patient health information with Conrad (a doctor who doesn't work at the hospital) a serious HIPAA violation?

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/22/2020 at 11:02 AM, GiandujaPie said:

I don't know why Conrad has such a loyalty to Chastain, other than that his girlfriend and friends all work there. Why would he take his business back there, knowing the awful work environment, and let Logan Kim get credit for bringing in a big client? Why do they all continue to act like Chastain is the only place they can work? Working for Red Rock and Logan Kim has got to be the worst! 

I was hoping Conrad would take a job at St. John's and (magically) get all his Chastain friends to come work there.  I don't like the Red Rock storyline and hope they are no longer in charge by the end of the season.

19 hours ago, cathmed said:

You are so right---getting my medical shows mixed up - apologies!!!  Obviously, watched all the shows back to-back and was evidently also thinking of Chicago Med while on The Resident site🤣

I get The Resident and New Amsterdam mixed up all the time.  

7 hours ago, themadman said:

Isn't sharing patient health information with Conrad (a doctor who doesn't work at the hospital) a serious HIPAA violation?

I think it is supposed to be okay because Conrad was asked to look into it by Dax/Coach before he ended up in the hospital.  I don't know if that is how it works in real life, but one the show, Dax was Conrad's patient.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, themadman said:

Isn't sharing patient health information with Conrad (a doctor who doesn't work at the hospital) a serious HIPAA violation?

Normally it is, but let's assume that at some point the patient signed a release form, or stated to Bell & AJ that Conrad was his doctor.

Edited by bros402

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/24/2020 at 10:12 AM, Whimsy said:

Yes.  I work for a medical school that is connected to a hospital (physically).  One of our docs who works here is also a team doctor for our local professional teams.  

Thanks, I guess it is realistic then. I guess some people like to be busy!

Share this post


Link to post

I totally get the med show confusion (I watch both ... okay, I watch almost ALL of them, though not New Amsterdam -- yet) and I didn't even really blink at first because I recognized the characters LOL (though admittedly, the Chicago trifecta is next on my delete list because it doesn't engage me as much as the others) ...

This is also true for me with the police/rescue shows I watch ... I am constantly confusing the Rookie and 9-1-1 Original Recipe. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size