Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/20/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

On 1/21/2020 at 11:14 AM, Haleth said:

That’s an astonishing number, considering people with land lines tend to be older and more conservative. I agree with Joy that the Reps are going to have to answer for hiding the evidence, especially as more and more comes to light.

Well, Trump saying he will be looking at cuts in Social Security would have made a difference in that demographic. Fox will double spin it for sure. 

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

I made this same point a week or so ago. Not as eloquently as you.  Thank you.
I also hold more respect for those who do not support abortion in cases of rape or incest.  It you support all life then it should not matter how conception occurred. I just can’t stand the hypocrisy. 
im a supporter of choice which also includes parents deciding how many children they have.  

Thank you for the compliment. 😊 It’s so nice that there are some likeminded folks on here. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I'm at a diagnostic center with my mom for her appointment, and the waiting room TV is playing this.

Ugh, not a good choice. Most of my doctors & dentists offices have HGTV playing 🙂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Did some thing happen in the first block of the show? Why was Messy so quiet today and the ladies were not letting her nasty attitude get them down? They just soldiered on and had a discussion.

She's so dang fragile. Such a person is beyond irritating in any work place: "Oh, whatever, I'm not up to dealing with anything today."

• Love 8

Drink every time Nutmeg brings up being the 

1- Only conservative in the universe 

2- The stigma of talking about Miscarriages 

3-Using her new found word of the day incorrectly 

4- Looking into the audience and screeching out in order  to distract herself from a topic 

5- Sex, relationships, having fun etc - nope not talking about that unless it’s written down on my blue cards

6- Oh yeah did I mention my family are in the military, so I understand that life  better than anyone else 

you can all add more I know I’m missing but damn you can actually predict her reactions to things now before she opens her mouth.  
I guess her dads eulogy about Trump means crap because I can’t for the life of me figure out why she’s siding with the other side.  I guess being a conservative is more important to her than family loyalty 

• LOL 4
  • Love 17

Here is a good summary Me-Again's mini-meltdown of today.

I'm the only conservative in NYC!

This one includes the comments she made about several Senators walking around because they were bored and wanted to leave.  Wait, yesterday she was upset that the media reported some Senators falling asleep.  Isn't she doing the same thing?  The fact is, these hearings are barbaric and certainly counter-productive for the Senators.  They are only allowed water or milk(!) inside the Senate.  They have very short and limited breaks.  And they go on for hours.  Of course people are going to be walking around.  You'd have to or you would fall asleep!

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/the-views-meghan-mccain-plays-victim-after-she-gets-called-out-for-ignoring-impeachment-evidence/

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I didn't watch when she was a co host but I read enough here to know I probably wouldn't like her.  She can live  her life anyway she chooses but I sense a smugness to her.  Like she thinks her lifestyle is the right lifestyle.

Oh, yes, she did have a touch of smugness about her. I wouldn't say I agreed with her; she was probably farther right than McCain because she openly supports Trump. I probably disagreed with Paula 95% of the time, but I liked that she could turn the politics off and still be respectful to everyone and laugh along in the fluff topics. Of course Joy managed to get a mention about "Ministry Time" in there today. lmao

• Love 7

This is kind of interesting. Paula was asked about coming back to the View now that there is an opening.  Here's what she tweeted.  What do you think she meant by this?  

She says: it has unequivocally closed, which isn't the same as saying, I have moved on, or, I love my life right now.  She makes it sound like she would not be welcomed back.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

lol Did MeMeMeghun get a talking to. Last week she walks out like a cheerleader at a pep rally and today she walks out like a pageant contestant waving and smiling to the audience. She also seems to be interrupting less. Was today to the first time she mentioned her miscarriage on the show?

• Love 6

I just have to go back to this “stigma with miscarriage” thing Meghan talks about. I’d guess that almost everyone commenting here has sadly experienced or known someone who experienced a miscarriage. Nobody I’ve known was afraid to speak out about it, and plenty of famous people have talked about it publicly. It’s difficult to talk about, yes, but there’s no “stigma” that comes with speaking about it. I really don’t know wtf she’s talking about. 

• Love 21
44 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I just have to go back to this “stigma with miscarriage” thing Meghan talks about. I’d guess that almost everyone commenting here has sadly experienced or known someone who experienced a miscarriage. Nobody I’ve known was afraid to speak out about it, and plenty of famous people have talked about it publicly. It’s difficult to talk about, yes, but there’s no “stigma” that comes with speaking about it. I really don’t know wtf she’s talking about. 

It’s the Jan Brady Effect.

It’s “STIGMA! STIGMA! STIGMAAAAA!!!”

Be it grief and now since she had one, miscarriage. Watch. When she gets a divorce, and if she’s still here, she’ll go about how there’s a stigma against her women to talk about the Paaaaain and Betraaaayal.

Or, since this show has given her a platform, if she’s not here, she’ll find somewhere to blather on about it, while continuing to tally the number of days since Daddy died.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

19 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I think Meghan thinks if she calls it a stigma people will think she is brave for talking about it. Same with her grief.  And as Scorpio said if and when she gets divorced that will be the next thing that is not talked about.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Drink every time Nutmeg brings up being the 

1- Only conservative in the universe 

2- The stigma of talking about Miscarriages 

3-Using her new found word of the day incorrectly 

4- Looking into the audience and screeching out in order  to distract herself from a topic 

5- Sex, relationships, having fun etc - nope not talking about that unless it’s written down on my blue cards

6- Oh yeah did I mention my family are in the military, so I understand that life  better than anyone else 

you can all add more I know I’m missing but damn you can actually predict her reactions to things now before she opens her mouth.  
I guess her dads eulogy about Trump means crap because I can’t for the life of me figure out why she’s siding with the other side.  I guess being a conservative is more important to her than family loyalty 

Well, there goes this forum.  If we drink that much we'll all be dead.

• LOL 12
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, bannana said:

This is kind of interesting. Paula was asked about coming back to the View now that there is an opening.  Here's what she tweeted.  What do you think she meant by this?  

She says: it has unequivocally closed, which isn't the same as saying, I have moved on, or, I love my life right now.  She makes it sound like she would not be welcomed back.

Could also be a bit of the former. She regularly has interviews on Nightline (I recently saw one of her with singer Kim Petras), which might be a better use of her talent anyway.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Yeah that sounds like it wasnt a mutual decision or amicable in any way and that bridges were burnt.  On either side, it could be Paula or TPTB.  In any case, i think she's really taken to her job change and sometimes shes on GMA more than when she anchored.  I like her a lot more now.  I dont know if that would change were she to be daily.

• Love 3
On 1/22/2020 at 9:05 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Any issues/malfunctions you’re experiencing  should be reported in the Bugs Forum (under the Site forum) where it can be addressed.

Thanks Scorp.  I wasnt sure where to go.  I just deleted them all and it hasnt recurred. There was abt 75 of them.  Bizarre.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Yeah that sounds like it wasnt a mutual decision or amicable in any way and that bridges were burnt.  On either side, it could be Paula or TPTB.  In any case, i think she's really taken to her job change and sometimes shes on GMA more than when she anchored.  I like her a lot more now.  I dont know if that would change were she to be daily.

Don't forget that when Paula found out that she was being demoted as a full time co-host she went to the higher ups and said they were doing this to please Whoopie. Whoopie abused Paula and it was horrible.  Paula could have sued ABC for allowing that to happen. Paula used to love to needle Whoopie as well.  She used to smirk whenever Whoopie would lose her mind.

• Love 3

In the first segment, MM once again insisted on using her favorite phrase, the die is cast, even though she doesn't quite know how to use it. 

Of course she deferred to the all-knowing, wise wordsmith that is Whoopi Goldberg, who assuredly told her, "The cast is die." 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

Good to know I’m not the only one who doesn’t use “stigma” as Meghan does. I’d say there’s a stigma about having a sex change. That’s something many are scared to talk about in fear of being ostracized. There’s no stigma about losing a loved one or having a miscarriage. Are people going to discuss their miscarriages in casual conversations? Maybe not, but most women do discuss them with their family and friends without fear of being shamed. I’m sure there’s the occasional jerk who blames the woman, but those people are few and far between.

Anyhow, Paula is still a beautiful lady. I always liked her despite oftentimes sharing different views. I wish she were still on the panel. Who has Whoopi actually liked on the show? 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Good to know I’m not the only one who doesn’t use “stigma” as Meghan does. I’d say there’s a stigma about having a sex change. That’s something many are scared to talk about in fear of being ostracized. There’s no stigma about losing a loved one or having a miscarriage. Are people going to discuss their miscarriages in casual conversations?

This is what is so bizarre about MeAgain's latest mantras.  There is no stigma around grief, and there is no stigma around having a miscarriage.  Everyone, absolutely everyone loses someone.  Some of us lose people when we are young, and that is life.  Some are lucky that it doesn't happen to them until later in life.  Many women miscarry, not just once.

For MeAgain, these things that actually happen to people all the time, are somehow now stigmas or taboo(!).

Has she actually ever read a book?  How can she not know even the most basic life events?

• Love 15
4 hours ago, bannana said:

Has she actually ever read a book?  How can she not know even the most basic life events?

She only knows what happens to her.  Grief is a "stigma" to her because until recently she never had to deal with it.  Same with a miscarriage.  She isn't even empathetic now to people who are experiencing grief.  When she encounters someone on the show who has recently lost someone instead of just letting that person talk about it she  has to bring it back to her grief.

• Love 19

Meghan's gonna really be mad at Ana now!  And no Abby anymore to co-share the nepotism charge.

She can't even agree with what Ana said about Marsha Blackburn's tweets about Colonel Vindman, instead doing the "both sides" thing and bringing up Hillary and Gabbard, which is not even comparable.

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15

God bless Ana and I’m so glad she asked about Marsha’s disgraceful, vile and disgusting comments about Lt. Col. Vindland... but just as I typed this, Meghan made a completely false equivalency to her new bestie Tulsi Gabbard suing Hillary Clinton, calling it a “trend.” Jfc, STFU Meghan. Those two things are NOT similar. 

• Love 20

Of course McCain brings up Tulsi Gabbard who has nothing to do with the Impeachment Trial. The ABC News guy looked like he was thinking the same thing because he barely responded.

And, no, those two things are not the same, imo, considering Gabbard met with Assad in secret and promoted Russian propaganda. It was already being discussed about her before HRC ever entered the conversation. And Gabbard latching onto HRC every step of the way makes it more obvious what her true motivations are.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19
14 minutes ago, lusinia said:

She can't even agree with what Ana said about Marsha Blackburn's tweets about Colonel Vindman, instead doing the "both sides" thing and bringing up Hillary and Gabbard, which is not even comparable.

10 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

God bless Ana and I’m so glad she asked about Marsha’s disgraceful, vile and disgusting comments about Lt. Col. Vindland... but just as I typed this, Meghan made a completely false equivalency to her new bestie Tulsi Gabbard suing Hillary Clinton, calling it a “trend.” Jfc, STFU Meghan. Those two things are NOT similar. 

8 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Of course McCain brings up Tulsi Gabbard who has nothing to do with the Impeachment Trial. The ABC News guy looked like he was thinking the same thing because he barely responded.

7 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Meghan still seems quieter than usual.

Meghan doesn't want to not support her team.  She acted the same way when DJT Jr. was there.  Was very careful to not poke the bear.  For all her talk about being a conservative she has never been embraced by that part of her party.  She will never condemn what is happening. She might say she thinks some things are wrong but she won't ever side with what she considers the opposing team.

• Love 15

Meghan saying a little less time on gossip and more on children at the border, which I agree with (more so because Tim said this and she just added to it) but it seemed like a dig to the show and less about the media.

Tim was targeting 24/7 news networks, which I agree with. More news should be about things that are happening now (which is why I prefer AlJazeera over CNN) but Meghan seemed to take it as a dig towards the show and The View talking about things she doesn't like.

The View is very different from CNN....I don't think she gets that.

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Meghan saying a little less time on gossip and more on children at the border, which I agree with (more so because Tim said this and she just added to it) but it seemed like a dig to the show and less about the media.

I thought that at first, too, and it pissed me off. But the more I thought about it, she was probably referring to the NYT "wasting time" by writing about disgraceful people like her that get a free ride on TV to spew evil.

I think the NYT can devote time to lambasting people like you, McCain, while also reporting on the human rights violations at the border. Both are important in their own way.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I thought that at first, too, and it pissed me off. But the more I thought about it, she was probably referring to the NYT "wasting time" by writing about disgraceful people like her that get a free ride on TV to spew evil.

I think the NYT can devote time to lambasting people like you, McCain, while also reporting on the human rights violations at the border. Both are important in their own way.

Yeah, my first thought was that she was referring to the NYTs.

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, GladysCravits said:

You’re referring, of course, to the ‘opposing team’ that she continually attempts to advise,  and seems surprised that they never listen.   

Yep she tries to advise that team because her own team doesn't want her advice either.

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Knowing Meghan, that might be true but I remember her saying that the View should talk more about politics. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 1/23/2020 at 10:53 AM, GoldenGirl90 said:

What stigma surrounding miscarriages is Meghan talking about?! There is no stigma. Ughhh. Idk why I’m watching this, I really don’t.

15 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I think they're used to be a stigma about miscarriage.  I know my mom had a few miscarriages, and was very reluctant to talk about it.  I didn't know until I was in my 30's.   And there are articles written about the "stigma."  The fact is that  the majority of miscarriages occur in the first trimester, often before the woman has told anyone she was pregnant.  Many women don't announce their pregnancy until they passed the 12 week mark, for that reason - you don't want to share happy news, then think about who you told, so you can go back and tell them sad news.  AND - of course, it's impolite to talk about a miscarriage when you're celebrating someone else's baby. That's not a "stigma"  that's just MANNERS.  

If Megaphone really wants to erase the "stigma", then why didn't she talk about it on The View?   she went elsewhere to disclose this information, instead of her own platform, a tv show about women from all walks of life, talking about their own opinions and experiences.  

Now - if you want to look at a REAL stigma - it's women talking about having had an abortion.  That is something women are reluctant to talk about because they will be viewed differently, be subject to attack and it could impact their careers. 

• Love 22
12 hours ago, Blissfool said:

In the first segment, MM once again insisted on using her favorite phrase, the die is cast, even though she doesn't quite know how to use it. 

Of course she deferred to the all-knowing, wise wordsmith that is Whoopi Goldberg, who assuredly told her, "The cast is die." 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The blind leading the blind...  seriously, Meghan, don’t use a metaphor if you don’t know what it means, and you don’t know how it’s said.  It makes you look stupid. But of course, the cast was already die on that!! 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 16
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

If Megaphone really wants to erase the "stigma", then why didn't she talk about it on The View?   she went elsewhere to disclose this information, instead of her own platform, a tv show about women from all walks of life, talking about their own opinions and experiences.  

I can't remember which co host it was but they shared news with some other media outlet and Barbara  Walters was not happy.

For Meghan to not share her story on the View told me she doesn't respect the people she works with.  Or the viewers for that matter.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16