Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/20/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, Tammee said:

Anyone else getting flooded by the Primertimer digest? Ive got a TON of emails of the digest, all sent at 2:25pm over and over.  Someone may want to shut it down for a while

Any issues/malfunctions you’re experiencing  should be reported in the Bugs Forum (under the Site forum) where it can be addressed.

5 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

What I found interesting today was how quiet Nutmeg was when the ladies were discussing how Black voters might be Democratic in large numbers but they are not necessarily liberals. That type of nuance went over Messy's head. 

Did you guys notice how Sunny and Joy butted heads over Sunny calling herself pro-life when she is in fact pro-choice. Sunny bristled at Joy's assertions and they agreed to disagree without being disagreeable, Nutmeg was silent throughout their exchange as well.  

I just don't understand how Sunny keeps calling herself "Pro-Life." The pro-life movement is about advocating against the practice of abortion and its legality. I do agree that she is actually more conservative than she is given credit for.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, jungki said:

I just don't understand how Sunny keeps calling herself "Pro-Life." The pro-life movement is about advocating against the practice of abortion and its legality. I do agree that she is actually more conservative than she is given credit for.

As long as Roe v Wade is on the books Sunny will concede that women have the right to terminate a pregnancy.  She doesn't like it but has the conservative view that laws should be followed.  (Be she isn't active in trying to overturn it either.)

• Love 10

So Meg isn’t convinced by Adam Schiff’s laying out of the facts.  I guess that means she’s on Team Trump again?  

8 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Meghan is a fucking idiot. 

Exactly.

I sent an email to both my senators this morning, for all the good it will do. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 15

Good attorneys are often "performative". 

WTF - "shouldn't have anything to do with the current election"!  What Trump did and the whole impeachment process is precisely because of the 2020 election!

Meghan saying that the others were angry about her reaction to Schiff was based on absolutely nothing.  Her equating them defending Schiff as anger towards her is like when she said Seth Meyers was mean to her when he politely asked her questions that she didn't like. 

Then, right before they went to commercial, Meghan said, "I don't have it in me today".  I wonder what that's all about. 

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Then, right before they went to commercial, Meghan said, "I don't have it in me today".  I wonder what that's all about. 

Is she sick? She seems quieter than usual and hardly spoke up today. Joy even had to bring her into the fun conversation, but she didn't look all that into it. Hopefully nothing is wrong.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Good attorneys are often "performative". 

WTF - "shouldn't have anything to do with the current election"!  What Trump did and the whole impeachment process is precisely because of the 2020 election!

Meghan saying that the others were angry about her reaction to Schiff was based on absolutely nothing.  Her equating them defending Schiff as anger towards her is like when she said Seth Meyers was mean to her when he politely asked her questions that she didn't like. 

I missed the opening segment, and was wondering why Meghan is sitting sullenly and not contributing at all to the other segments - I guess I know why now.  

She can't even contribute something lighthearted to the pick-up lines conversation?  They all obviously have those lines written on their blue cards - FFS - she's annoying!!  

I'm guessing she came in with a bad attitude because Paula Faris is on?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Me too, Cementhead.   I just changed the channel.   Nutty's sour, cranky, argumentative and narcissistic attitude has worn me down.   No can do anymore.   I'll just watch on DVR from now on and ff through her segments.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Is she sick? She seems quieter than usual and hardly spoke up today. Joy even had to bring her into the fun conversation, but she didn't look all that into it. Hopefully nothing is wrong.

See? me? I hope there is.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Me-gun has been sneezing and coughing.  She should have called in sick.  Paula could have filled in for the whole show.  As usual, MM accused the others of being "angry" at her for not liking Schiff's performance.  Whoopi & Joy said they weren't angry at her, but at Mitch and the Rs wanting to prevent evidence being presented.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:
18 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

The only thing wrong with Meghan is she thinks she has to defend the indefensible.  She knows what is happening is wrong but she cannot/will not deviate from what she thinks is supporting her team.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

The only thing wrong with Meghan is she thinks she has to defend the indefensible.  She knows what is happening is wrong but she cannot/will not deviate from what she thinks is supporting her team.

MM is being performative.

• LOL 14
  • Love 4

Paula should have been a guest co-host today, but I get why she might not have wanted to do so. Seeing her on the show made me miss her. I may not have agreed with Paula all the time, but she was nice, got along with everyone and didn't take herself or anyone else seriously.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Paula should have been a guest co-host today, but I get why she might not have wanted to do so. Seeing her on the show made me miss her. I may not have agreed with Paula all the time, but she was nice, got along with everyone and didn't take herself or anyone else seriously.

Anytime I see Paula, all I can think of is how her dream career is opening a crisis pregnancy center so she can fool women into not getting abortions. I do not miss her. 

• Love 12

Miscarriage is common; the average risk by age of the mother is:

Under 35 years old: 15 percent chance of pregnancy loss

Between 35–45 years old: Between 20 and 35 percent chance of pregnancy loss

Over 45 years old: About a 50 percent chance of pregnancy loss

Paula is 44 & Meghan is 35. Any "stigma" MM feels is being directed at her is probably because she is making other peoples' miscarriages all about herself, not them.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
39 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Same.  These two sentences sum up where I am at with this show perfectly.  I can't even be bothered to hate watch it anymore.  I am so over it. 

Well, thanks to Meghan, I don't have it in me to watch today, or any other day at this point.  Meghan; along with ABC's complacency has completely killed the show for me. 

You took the words right of my thoughts!

• Love 6

Oh, yay! We got a day of pouting silence from McCain! Those are my favorite type of tantrums. Thank you, God.

The segment about pickup lines was so funny, because of how amazed Sunny was by some of the cheesiest things ever. It's only funny because we know she's not faking it.

I loved the meaning behind Paula's tattoo and her story of telling her daughter about the miscarriage. It was nice to see her again. I was always a fan of Paula, but a part of me was dreading her appearance because one of you said she kept liking McCain's tweets. I wasn't sure how she would be. Perhaps Paula's simply assuming McCain is a victim because of her own experience on the show when Paula actually was treated badly (by Whoopi). If she was working at the show now, I have to believe her opinion of McCain would change as dramatically as Abby the BFF's did.

To me, Whoopi seemed to be genuinely being kind to her, surprisingly. My take on the Paula-Whoopi history is that it was more a case of Whoopi wanting control over the show than a personal dislike of Paula herself. Rosie O'Donnell had just come on and tried to improve a lot of things about the show, which got Whoopi's hackles up because she probably felt if anyone there should be running the show it's her (since Barbara and Joy were both gone). After she run Rosie O off, she wanted ABC to hire Sara, but they hired Paula instead and that's why she wanted Paula off (I remember she said as much one day when Paula was there that they got the wrong one from GMA; this was before Sara joined, so I didn't have any idea who she was talking about at the time). Whoopi was hateful to Padma and Sunny for the same reason, and why (imo) she had a part in getting Jedidiah fired; she wanted control over who was hired, and I think Joy had a role in Sunny and Jedidiah getting roles on the show because Joy saved the show when she returned and she had a lot of sway with ABC at the time. Plus, there was all that business where ABC was thinking of getting rid of The View and extending GMA, ABC News taking over the show, many hands meddling with the direction. Perhaps she saw Paula as an attempt by ABC to slowly transition The View's slot into another hour of GMA. I have a feeling that in retrospect Whoopi probably appreciates Paula more now that Sara's left and she's dealing with McCain, because Paula was able to talk and disagree without going psychotic every single day.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Why is Megan so bent on saying she is conservative in every other sentence?

For someone who hates identity poitics it is her identity.  As Sunny said yesterday when she thinks of herself she thinks woman, African American. Latina.  When Meghan thinks of herself she thinks conservative.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
36 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

What stigma surrounding miscarriages is Meghan talking about?! There is no stigma. Ughhh. Idk why I’m watching this, I really don’t.

If it's not a stigma she can't get credit for being brave while talking about it.

41 minutes ago, deirdra said:

She should have called in sick.  Paula could have filled in for the whole show. 

She didn't want ABC to get any ideas.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

So refreshing to see Paula, Meghan is so horrible that she makes me miss her, I know Paula was a little annoying as well sometimes but at least she was only on for 1 day a week. Didn't Meghan call her trashy once?  

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Oh, yay! We got a day of pouting silence from McCain! Those are my favorite type of tantrums. Thank you, God.

The segment about pickup lines was so funny, because of how amazed Sunny was by some of the cheesiest things ever. It's only funny because we know she's not faking it.

I loved the meaning behind Paula's tattoo and her story of telling her daughter about the miscarriage. It was nice to see her again. I was always a fan of Paula, but a part of me was dreading her appearance because one of you said she kept liking McCain's tweets. I wasn't sure how she would be. Perhaps Paula's simply assuming McCain is a victim because of her own experience on the show when Paula actually was treated badly (by Whoopi). If she was working at the show now, I have to believe her opinion of McCain would change as dramatically as Abby the BFF's did.

To me, Whoopi seemed to be genuinely being kind to her, surprisingly. My take on the Paula-Whoopi history is that it was more a case of Whoopi wanting control over the show than a personal dislike of Paula herself. Rosie O'Donnell had just come on and tried to improve a lot of things about the show, which got Whoopi's hackles up because she probably felt if anyone there should be running the show it's her (since Barbara and Joy were both gone). After she run Rosie O off, she wanted ABC to hire Sara, but they hired Paula instead and that's why she wanted Paula off (I remember she said as much one day when Paula was there that they got the wrong one from GMA; this was before Sara joined, so I didn't have any idea who she was talking about at the time). Whoopi was hateful to Padma and Sunny for the same reason, and why (imo) she had a part in getting Jedidiah fired; she wanted control over who was hired, and I think Joy had a role in Sunny and Jedidiah getting roles on the show because Joy saved the show when she returned and she had a lot of sway with ABC at the time. Plus, there was all that business where ABC was thinking of getting rid of The View and extending GMA, ABC News taking over the show, many hands meddling with the direction. Perhaps she saw Paula as an attempt by ABC to slowly transition The View's slot into another hour of GMA. I have a feeling that in retrospect Whoopi probably appreciates Paula more now that Sara's left and she's dealing with McCain, because Paula was able to talk and disagree without going psychotic every single day.

Whoopie could not save Nicole Wallace and Michelle Collins.  Michele had so much potential.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Whoopie could not save Nicole Wallace and Michelle Collins

Nicolle lucked out there.  Right this minute she's anchoring her 2nd hour of impeachment trial coverage of the day and then will be on during the breaks for a few more hours.  She has Meghan's dream job of just discussing politics. 

The only downside is that Meghan would not be on The View if Nicolle was still there.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Nicolle lucked out there.  Right this minute she's anchoring her 2nd hour of impeachment trial coverage of the day and then will be on during the breaks for a few more hours.  She has Meghan's dream job of just discussing politics. 

The only downside is that Meghan would not be on The View if Nicolle was still there.

Also, Nicole downplayed her intelligence in order to not make waves with Whoopie.  She saw what was happening with Rosie O.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Also, Nicole downplayed her intelligence in order to not make waves with Whoopie.  She saw what was happening with Rosie O.

Actually, in the interview she gave the Ladies Who Punch author Nicolle said that Whoopie was the one she was closest to and from other things she said in the book I think she would have agreed with Abby that Whoopie was her guardian angel on the show. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Yeah, I'm going to Hell, because I hope something is wrong and that she'll leave the show. Permanently.

And I also want a 🐎🐴

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Paula’s miscarriage is all about Meg of course. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

What stigma surrounding miscarriages is Meghan talking about?! There is no stigma. Ughhh. Idk why I’m watching this, I really don’t.

giphy.gif giphy.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Actually, in the interview she gave the Ladies Who Punch author Nicolle said that Whoopie was the one she was closest to and from other things she said in the book I think she would have agreed with Abby that Whoopie was her guardian angel on the show. 

I always loved how that book rattled Whoopie. Usually, she would have said something to refute what was said but she was very quiet.  Howard Stern even brought up the book when he was there, he was being messy and I loved it.. 

• Love 4

Good to see Paula back on the show. She has moved on to GMA weekdays and her podcast which is very good. Joy misses her too. Whoopi had a control problem and has been hateful to so many. Now we have Meghan and I hope Whoopi kicks herself for wanting her on the show. Serves her right!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, rcc said:

Good to see Paula back on the show. She has moved on to GMA weekdays and her podcast which is very good. Joy misses her too. Whoopi had a control problem and has been hateful to so many. Now we have Meghan and I hope Whoopi kicks herself for wanting her on the show. Serves her right!

Amen! no good deed goes unpunished..

I always loved the Paula/Joy bond..

• Love 7

Paula has a tattoo? Uh-oh! That's a big no-no in her precious, precious Bible! I never warmed to her - she has a complete "lights are on but no one's home" look in her eyes. Doesn't surprise me at all that she feels she can break the rules of her own faith but insists others should keep them, even when they're not part of her faith. Sounds like a typical religious nut. That story about her wanting to set up fake pregnancy centres in order to trick women into not getting abortions is creepy and disturbing.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Same.  These two sentences sum up where I am at with this show perfectly.  I can't even be bothered to hate watch it anymore.  I am so over it.

Well, thanks to Meghan, I don't have it in me to watch today, or any other day at this point.  Meghan; along with ABC's complacency has completely killed the show for me. 

Same here. I haven't watched except a couple fridays  and that was a chore because of Meghan. She truly ruined this show for me. 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Meghan calls herself pro-life, but I prefer to call her anti-abortion. Ditto anyone else with her views. If you truly value life so much, you'd care more about protecting it than freaking out over anyone restricting access to guns, choose life behind bars over death penalty, be more passionate about peace and diplomacy and protecting the military and innocent civilians rather than supporting all the wars and simply giving props to soldiers, and not be so against programs that literally help people stay alive. 

By most people's definition, I'm pro-choice and not pro-life, but I strongly value life. I remember it bothered Joy that there's this implication she doesn't value life, but I don't recall anyone calling out Meghan for her inconsistent views. 

I made this same point a week or so ago. Not as eloquently as you.  Thank you.
I also hold more respect for those who do not support abortion in cases of rape or incest.  It you support all life then it should not matter how conception occurred. I just can’t stand the hypocrisy. 
im a supporter of choice which also includes parents deciding how many children they have.  

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, SuzieSioux said:

Paula has a tattoo? Uh-oh! That's a big no-no in her precious, precious Bible! I never warmed to her - she has a complete "lights are on but no one's home" look in her eyes. Doesn't surprise me at all that she feels she can break the rules of her own faith but insists others should keep them, even when they're not part of her faith. Sounds like a typical religious nut. That story about her wanting to set up fake pregnancy centres in order to trick women into not getting abortions is creepy and disturbing.

I didn't watch when she was a co host but I read enough here to know I probably wouldn't like her.  She can live  her life anyway she chooses but I sense a smugness to her.  Like she thinks her lifestyle is the right lifestyle.

• Love 8