Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Big Fat Moves

• Start Topic

I only watched 1/2 of the show so far because I have a deal with myself that I can only do so while on the exercise bike.  It's amazing how motivating it is watching Whitney spilling out of her clothes.  It makes me pedal WAY faster.

Whitney's definitions of words must be different from mine.  When she's telling her 'trainer' how stressed she is partly because she has to empty out her storage unit what she really meant is I'm stressed about having to sit in an air-conditioned truck while others do all the work and leave early so I can nap.   Charming.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

That picture of Chase and Ryan standing naked and holding hands pretty much tells us everything we need to know. There are no straight men on planet earth that would do that. Now we know for sure Chase is hired to be Whit's boyfriend. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 20

Why, oh why, is this two hours long? If you cut  out 60% of the fitness competition and pretty much the entire segment of Whitney and Buddy saying goodbye to the House of Blackout Memories, you could easily shorten this down. These peoples' lives are just not that interesting!

Honestly, I have never gotten the vibe from Buddy that his true feelings for Whitney are anything but platonic. Any awkward romantic interaction or exchange on film is strictly for filming and probably producer driven. If they indeed "crossed the flesh hold" (shudder) several years ago, he was most likely very drunk and does not remember. I'm pretty positive he also regrets if anything happened, as he has been embarrassingly reminded every season of this one drunken night that may or may not have happened! Not exactly the romantic tryst Whit makes it out to be. At this point, he also just seems like a lost puppy moocher. Get yourself together Buddy!

However, I think that Whitney was in love with Buddy and continues to have feelings for him in a romantical sense. The way she snuggled (ahem smothered) him on the couch at the Greensboro house and at her townhouse, and how she was crying about Buddy moving away from her, reads to me that she is still holding a torch for him. If he  suddenly matured and realized his true feelings for her and declared his love, she would drop Chase.

Chase's interrogation of Buddy about his feelings for Whitney is so scripted. In fact, all of this is so scripted, it's painful. I still don't think Ryan or Chase have noble intentions, and see $ signs and 15 minutes of fame. If Whit and Chase actually go through with a wedding, I will be shocked. 

I guess we will just have to see what those crazy writers have in store for us!

• Love 20
8 hours ago, auntjess said:

I agree, and also that Chase is controlling.
Why does she keep on with Buddy, if she's moving him out and moving on.  I really hate that Chase brought all that liquor in, because I think it was to tempt Buddy.
I'll maybe say more when I've mastered this laptop or am on PC.

I didn’t see the episode but I think Chase just likes to drink...most of his SM pics are of people drinking and he works in a club and honestly if I was around all these people I’d need a drink too.  He seems like he likes to drink and 
I don’t think it has to do with Buddy other than he might need a stiffer drink being around him and awhitney.  

I think Ryan and Chase are Frat guys that still like to party even though they are closer to 30 than 20. I mean Whitney and Ryan were playing a drinking game on New Years.  I think Whitney is trying to relieve the college years she never had with these two.    I still don’t believe Whitney and Chase are real.  I don’t necessarily think he hates her I’m just not buying any of this timeline or multiple coincidences.  I’d also like to see Whitney around Chase’s friends besides Ryan. This just seems like a part time job for him.  Maybe it’s true love, maybe it’s hogging, maybe it’s the money or “fame”, maybe it’s to help Ryan..  Nobody really knows but those two and apparently Ryan since he seems the epicenter of their relationship.

Maybe it’s my total dislike of Buddy, but I’m tired of people coddling him.  He needs to get a job that can actually support him or two jobs, if need be. He needs to live on his own.  If he can’t rent an apartment in his own name, I’m sure he can rent a room from someone besides Whitney.  It’s great he’s sober, but he needs to stop thinking the world owes him something and any woman pining over him please raise your standards.

• Love 22

Why would they not have practiced or known about the final saw event? At least Jessica was believably pissed

Jessica said they "didn't have time to practice." I can see where finding a fallen log and a giant saw for practice could be difficult. I don't know that Will keeps one outside the gym at all times.

Jesus wept.

My husband says this all the time. It's the shortest verse in the Bible.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, nytonc said:

Did I hear Twit say she doesn’t wear underwear? Please tell me I didn’t!!!

See below for my comment. 

13 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

So where does dumpy Buddy live now?

I think he should move in with Babs and Glenn.

9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

omg I only caught about 5 minutes of this mess earlier (gonna watch it later) but what I saw was Whitney in some black leggings bent over and digging around in a garage....I could see her huge ass and everything through the leggings because they were stretched soooooo thin... I thought they might EXPLODE!! 

UGH!!! Eye Bleach!!!! 😫

Boy TLC loves to tape Whit in compromising positions.  In this episode it was her bending over & showing her backside.  Maybe it was because of her statement that she didn't wear underwear but we got to see plenty of her huge derriere in the storage scene as well as the contest.   They actually lingered on her crotch area in the contest scene.  I'm just hoping I hope it was sweat that caused the darker area. 

Now I have to go stand outide in 30 degree windy weather to clear my brain. 

ETA:  I wish Whit would wear another shirt over the sports bra (which isn't very supportive) esp during the contest.  Her closet was filled with what looked like plenty of shirts but she rarely wears them. (I know she wants the world to see all her fabulousness.)

I like how Glenn kept bringing up the finances which Whit seemed to gloss over.

• Love 15

The idea that Whitney is such an absolute prize of a woman that Chase needs to express his manly jealousy over that other winner, Buddy, is the most ridiculous conceit that this show has ever tried to shove down our throats. This is supposed to be a relatively new relationship and Chase is already sending up the kind of red flags that most normal women would immediately recognize as unhealthy. But since Chase is kind of hot (YMMV), has a job (of a sort) and isn't the kind of troll that Whitney has "attracted" in the past, he's a fucking prince charming for her. And doesn't she deserve to have such a perfect, hot man at this point? *eyes rolling in sarcasm*

• Love 21
15 hours ago, nytonc said:

Did I hear Twit say she doesn’t wear underwear? Please tell me I didn’t!!!

She probably doesn't.  Just for shitzngiggles I checked the  sizing at Just My Size, which is plus size lingerie and clothing.  The largest underwear  size they carry is 14, which wouldn't  fit Twit after the  first  washing. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

She probably doesn't.  Just for shitzngiggles I checked the  sizing at Just My Size, which is plus size lingerie and clothing.  The largest underwear  size they carry is 14, which wouldn't  fit Twit after the  first  washing. 

OMG. I just threw up in my mouth a little. Those skin tight leggings and going commando. Eww eww eww eww🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I actually think that Ryan & Chase are lovers and Ryan thought he could include him on the “MBFFL” gravy train by having  Chase play her boyfriend.  TV time andTLC money for them both. I do think that Buddy was right - she’s acting like she’s with the cool kids now &is leaving her nerdy friends behind.  She had sex with him on their first date and then she tells Ryan about it and insists that she MUST tell Chase about every boyfriend she’s ever had.  It’s. Much more likely that Chase is the one with a back history of many relationships but she’s so full of herself she once again must make it all about her & not even ask a question.

This is what I wondered about - on their first date she sniffed his pit and waddled off into the sunset.  Are we supposed to believe that after filming they hooked up and had sex?  Or was it supposed to be another date that we weren't shown?  I don't believe that they had sex anyway - she never really said they did, she just told Ryan she wasn't telling him about her "sex life".  Furthermore I'm sure Buddy passed out drunk with her around enough times that she could claim they "crossed the fleshhold" with him being none the wiser.  She needs to get her story straight on that anyway - it's changed too many times over the years.  I'd like to participate in a "couples couch" kind of show where every time she talks about Buddy they cut to me reading appropriate passages from "He's Just Not That Into You" 😄 

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

I think he should move in with Babs and Glenn.

I don't love Babs and Glenn but what did they do to deserve this?

Buddy has his own parents nearby. If he can't live like an independent adult, he can move back in with them.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

Not sure I'll ever watch this whole thing, but in a  couple of brief  breaks  from watching the American political  history drama, I saw Chase and Whitney sharing a restaurant table. She was voicing over what they had in common.  As she ate a mouthful of food from his fork,  the comment was "He likes to feed me!" This comment made me slightly ill. Listen, Whitney, a man who enjoys pushing food on a morbidly obese woman is not a healthy partner for a morbidly obese woman. And don't be so quick to dismiss Buddy's warning that a man whose first housewarming gift is a full selection of hard liquor may, in fact, have an unhealthy relationship with alcohol. Have you looked at his older (pre-Whitney)  instagram pics? Nearly everything he's doing there involves alcohol.

I'm not saying I believe this relationship is for real. I'm saying that even if scripted, it's not looking like Chase-and-Whitney is a good idea, even for her.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 13

I could not even pay attention for the whole show because it’s so boring, so I missed some things: in one scene she is upset that everyone thinks she’s making the wrong decision not letting Buddy come with her, then in the next she is crying that Buddy won’t be there with her?? What’s up with that?

How is it that she supposedly injured her back warming up for the “competition” but still competed full-out??

Whitney claimed she “doesn’t wear panties” (gross!!) but when she bent over in the storage unit you could see white panties through the threadbare, barely-holding-on legging material.

No surprise she “got sick” when manual labor was involved in moving HER storage unit. Doesn’t she claim to be a super-fit weightlifter??

My husband is very knowledgeable about weight lifting and knows nothing about this show at all. He came in the room and immediately said, she should NOT be doing that. There’s no chance she trained enough and she’s going to get injured.

Is Whitney too poor to afford clothes? Why is she always wearing only a bra?? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Not sure I'll ever watch this whole thing, but in a  couple of brief  breaks  from watching the American political  history drama, I saw Chase and Whitney sharing a restaurant table. She was voicing over what they had in common.  As she ate a mouthful of food from his fork,  the comment was "He likes to feed me!" This comment made me slightly ill. Listen, Whitney, a man who enjoys pushing food on a morbidly obese woman is not a healthy partner for a morbidly obese woman. And don't be so quick to dismiss Buddy's warning that a man whose first housewarming gift is a full selection of hard liquor may, in fact, have an unhealthy relationship with alcohol. Have you looked at his older (pre-Whitney)  instagram pics? Nearly everything he's doing there involves alcohol.

I'm not saying I believe this relationship is for real. I'm saying that even if scripted, it's not looking like Chase-and-Whitney is a good idea, even for her.

I agree with this. I also think it’s a sign of the difference in their ages. While I do not like or condone people in their 20s acting like drunk college kids well after college, it’s not that uncommon and usually they grow out of it as 30 approaches. Chase is approaching 30 but many of those older instagram pics are from mid 20s days. Again, I don’t think it gives him a pass since I hate that kind of behavior but it’s less worrisome than it would be at Whitney or Buddy’s age of 35+. Of course on the other hand it doesn’t speak very well about Whitney at 35 that she would be attracted to a man in his late 20s who is not really grown up yet. Chase isn’t quite at the age yet where I would term him ‘arrested development’ but Whitney certainly is. Neither is of the maturity age that makes me say ‘heck yea - get married’.  

• Love 5

Ok, I see where this is going with this pretend romance. Whit and Chase are madly in love but hardly know each other yet. The cracks start to show, reality sets in and Whit sees the true Chase.  Chase becomes too jealous and controlling and then to save face Whit breaks up with him because she needs more space. Fake storyline over. End of engagement. End of season.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Ok, I see where this is going with this pretend romance. Whit and Chase are madly in love but hardly know each other yet. The cracks start to show, reality sets in and Whit sees the true Chase.  Chase becomes too jealous and controlling and then to save face Whit breaks up with him because she needs more space. Fake storyline over. End of engagement. End of season.  

I agree with this with a couple of adjustments. I think they will drag it into next season - wedding planning, fat person dress shopping, maybe a trip to Kleinfeld for Pnina to come to the rescue and make a see-through dress for the morbidly obese etc. then just before the wedding is set to happen Whit dumps him for his jealous and controlling behavior. Then if TLC continues to enable this 💩 show for another season after that it will culminate with Whit and Buddy ending up together just like they have always been meant to be (sarcasm drips heavily here)

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

Do we know if Whitney really drinks? I know she was playing a drinking game with Ryan on New Years and beat him but  is she shown to really drink on the show? I know her cigarette usage was seemingly skipped over, but haven’t all the guys she’s been with on the show(Buddy, Lennie, Chase) with the possible exception of Avi been arrested usually with alcohol involved? Correct me if I’m wrong, so why would Buddy think this would be a red flag no go for her? Maybe she doesn’t care. Either way, I think the housewarming gift wouldn’t be a deterrent of any sort.  Like I said I think Whitney is happy to finally be invited to a frat party.

eta: I wanted to be clear I don’t think a Whitney has a drinking problem just that I think she doesn’t have a strict standard people drinking.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I agree with this with a couple of adjustments. I think they will drag it into next season - wedding planning, fat person dress shopping, maybe a trip to Kleinfeld for Pnina to come to the rescue and make a see-through dress for the morbidly obese etc. then just before the wedding is set to happen Whit dumps him for his jealous and controlling behavior. Then if TLC continues to enable this 💩 show for another season after that it will culminate with Whit and Buddy ending up together just like they have always been meant to be (sarcasm drips heavily here)

This sort of what I see at the end Buddy and a Whitney finally both realize at the same time they were meant to be together and that’s how the fairy tale ends.  It’s not true, but what on this show really is?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, JennMatMusic33 said:

However, I think that Whitney was in love with Buddy and continues to have feelings for him in a romantical sense. The way she snuggled (ahem smothered) him on the couch at the Greensboro house and at her townhouse, and how she was crying about Buddy moving away from her, reads to me that she is still holding a torch for him. If he  suddenly matured and realized his true feelings for her and declared his love, she would drop Chase.

Even assuming the Chase relationship is real, I vote no f'ing way on this happening. Chase is conventionally attractive (it's a sliding scale, folks, and Buddy has slid right off the end of it), and thus more fabulous for her big fat life.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Irate Panda said:

This sort of what I see at the end Buddy and a Whitney finally both realize at the same time they were meant to be together and that’s how the fairy tale ends.  It’s not true, but what on this show really is?

Note the caption. Buddy is obviously trolling Whit's fans.

And, @Irate Panda, we often see Twit drinking from or holding a glass, so I don't think it's any mystery that she takes a drink once in a while. Mainly wine, if you look at her SM photos.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Im still doubting this relationship - she is what 6-7 years older than him, and not that its a big deal but it to me seems like she is acting more like a "bro". Why would two 28 year olds become bff with a 35 year old overweight & narcissistic person if it wasn't for benefit ?  The fact that Chase and her dated for 7 months - yet live 3 hours apart, how much time did they actually spend together with that distance ? Certainly not everyday - every weekend or every other weekend ?   They have been engaged since October, and yet no date has been set ?  So is this her way of getting another season of my big fat fabulous wedding ?  I bet her friends are pissed that she dumped them for new models and Buddy is so desperate for extra cash, he doesn't care what he has to do, Heather is still scorned over the "kiss that rocked Greensboro" - Todd seemed to have checked out a while ago and give Chase a big ass Gatorade cause the thirst is real

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Chase becomes too jealous and controlling and then to save face Whit breaks up with him because she needs more space. Fake storyline over. End of engagement. End of season.  

Speaking of fake story lines and end of season, did you notice the chart she made on Ari's women, among the items in the storage shed?

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, auntjess said:

Speaking of fake story lines and end of season, did you notice the chart she made on Ari's women, among the items in the storage shed?

I did not notice the chart -- good catch! (And she calls Buddy a hoarder.)

BTW, I think the con man was named Avi.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Dot said:
And, @Irate Panda, we often see Twit drinking from or holding a glass, so I don't think it's any mystery that she takes a drink once in a while. Mainly wine, if you look at her SM photos.

Remember season 1 when Babs cleaned her room - dirty dishes and empty wine bottles 

4 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Im still doubting this relationship - she is what 6-7 years older than him, and not that its a big deal but it to me seems like she is acting more like a "bro". Why would two 28 year olds become bff with a 35 year old overweight & narcissistic person if it wasn't for benefit ?  The fact that Chase and her dated for 7 months - yet live 3 hours apart, how much time did they actually spend together with that distance ? Certainly not everyday - every weekend or every other weekend ?   They have been engaged since October, and yet no date has been set ?  So is this her way of getting another season of my big fat fabulous wedding ?  I bet her friends are pissed that she dumped them for new models and Buddy is so desperate for extra cash, he doesn't care what he has to do, Heather is still scorned over the "kiss that rocked Greensboro" - Todd seemed to have checked out a while ago and give Chase a big ass Gatorade cause the thirst is real

However much time it took to film their scenes (plus maybe a few extra minutes for armpit and beard sniffing

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, princelina said:

Remember season 1 when Babs cleaned her room - dirty dishes and empty wine bottles 

However much time it took to film their scenes (plus maybe a few extra minutes for armpit and beard sniffing

I actually haven’t t seen all of season 1 but knew her car was dirty I must of missed the dirty room.  Also remember she was so anxious about going to the beach in a “bikini” but now romps around nude in bathtubs on the Internet and sitting pants less on friends sofas.  Oh what a fabulous life!

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I actually have put seen all of season 1 but knew her car was dirty I must of missed the dirty room.  Also remember she was so anxious about going to the beach in a “bikini” but now romps around nude in bathtubs on the Internet and sitting pants less on friends sofas.  Oh what a fabulous life!

Covered in empty wine and liquor bottles, everywhere, like a hoarding end-stage alcoholic. I actually forgot about that.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't love Babs and Glenn but what did they do to deserve this?

Buddy has his own parents nearby. If he can't live like an independent adult, he can move back in with them.

LOL agree poor Babs and Glenn don’t they already have enough dysfunctional children.  I’m literally wishing this would happen. For no other reason than my pure amusement.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 1/21/2020 at 6:59 PM, JustDuckie said:

Sorry,but I don't look at Whit's participating in this competition as empowering. I see this as recklessly dangerous. She has had nowhere near the training she would need for this kind of competition. If she blows out a knee or her back - then what? I thought that marathon in Hawaii was ridiculous, until tonight.

Oh, honey. A marathon? That was, at best, a 3 hour trudge over maybe 4 miles. Mayyyybe not quite 5. 

I will say this, and it pains me to be generous: Whitney has a pretty-okay eye for home design. Her decorations are very college-girl-shops-at-Target, but the aesthetic is not horrible and she could do okay with some Pinterest blogging in decorating if she had any sort of work ethic.

I want to like Jessica. She's beautiful, I admire her fitness, and I am impressed by her story about conquering her eating disorder. But the way she was pushing Whitney--despite horrible form--had me almost pitying Whitney. And that is an unforgivable offense.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

One of the things that angers me about the show is its all about giving a pass to morbid obesity...  it's fine to be obese because Whitney is and she's super healthy, dancing, travelling, weight lifting, getting a fairly nice looking guy to propose to her... Etc, etc... and no one is supposed to worry about her health or the people who are obese and following her because if you say ANYTHING you're a nasty, evil, hater who likes to body shame other people.... PERIOD!

We're supposed to watch the show and cheer her on as she eats herself to death and encourages others to do the same.

Big fat fabulous life my ass....  🙄

• Love 20
On 1/21/2020 at 9:50 PM, absolutelyido said:

Given that Whitney is carrying 200 extra pounds on her frame, is weightlifting really a good idea for her? It can't be good for her back, hips, knees, etc. that are already under extra strain.

It wouldn't be terrible if she did it properly with good form and stuck to reasonable weights, although some no or low impact cardio like aqua aerobics would be way better for her than any other form of exercise. Even walking laps in a pool would be better.

Except that she pisses in pools.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Jessica said they "didn't have time to practice." I can see where finding a fallen log and a giant saw for practice could be difficult. I don't know that Will keeps one outside the gym at all times.

That's just bullshit. I don't have a fucking obstacle course at my house but I still practice and train for everything. There's always a way to do an exercise that will properly train you for an event without having to do that actual event.

Another episode of "Jessica may work out a lot, but she's an awful trainer and I wouldn't hire her to train a cat to shit in a box."

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

I apologize if this has already been discussed...but does anyone know what exactly this Powell Gym “fitness competition” (lol) was a fundraiser for? 

I thought it was to raise funds for Will to participate in an Ironman or some other sort of fitness competition but I can't remember why I thought that.

That's just bullshit. I don't have a fucking obstacle course at my house but I still practice and train for everything. There's always a way to do an exercise that will properly train you for an event without having to do that actual event.

I don't disagree - just offering the stated reason for lack of practice.

13 hours ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

I apologize if this has already been discussed...but does anyone know what exactly this Powell Gym “fitness competition” (lol) was a fundraiser for? 

50 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I thought it was to raise funds for Will to participate in an Ironman or some other sort of fitness competition but I can't remember why I thought that.

Will pretty much said it when he made his opening remarks on competition day. 

In

1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

That’s what I thought too. Of all the things to fundraise for...“Send me (the freaking OWNER of this gym) to a sporting event!” Good grief.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

In

That’s what I thought too. Of all the things to fundraise for...“Send me (the freaking OWNER of this gym) to a sporting event!” Good grief.

What, he doesn't know how to  create a GoFundMe  account? 😡

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Random thoughts
📌 Here's exactly what Will Powell said when he opened up the competition: "Thank you for supporting me going to the Crossfit Games. This is a fundraiser." Well, no, it's not. Using the term fundraiser is not appropriate if the "charity" you're raising money for is YOURSELF.
📌 How ironic that MBFFL is product-placement promoting Dish Network when that company dropped TLC from its basic package last year !
📌 "Crush-worthy?" A nod to Seinfeld's Elaine designating her dates as "sponge-worthy"?
📌 Ryan: "I will not be replaced." No kidding; he's still getting more air-time than any other barnacle including Chase. There was absolutely NO reason for him to turn up at Will's competition. (I dislike this guy more & more.)
📌 It's sad that Ashley has regained all that weight she lost -- maybe more -- before she got pregnant.
📌 I cannot imagine any woman other than Twit saying that she & her BF "feeding each other" is "a good sign."
📌 Regarding the competition, Twit sez, "I should have been training, like, for months." When hasn't she said that about all her "competitions"? Shouldn't she have learned that lesson by now?
📌 And why would Jessica choose a super morbidly obese woman as her partner in a fitness competition?
📌 Buddy sez he needs to "trust the process" in getting to feeling comfortable on-stage. "I'm funny," he sez. "I can make people laugh." (Only some of Twit's barnacles, Buddy. The rest of us can't even understand your mumbling, much less find it funny.)
📌 Does anyone else think Chase stole his housewarming gifts from the saloon he manages?
📌 Someone upthread said she fast-forwarded thru all Twit's gym visits. I wish I had taken that as a suggestion. Who needs to watch a huffing, puffing, sweaty, morbidly obese woman perform various exercises badly?

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

When I think of Buddy I'm reminded of the scene from Animal House where the dean tells the fat kid "fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son".

This entire show is meant to convince the world that Whitney is living a fabulous normal life and attractive young men are hot for her.   And that a morbidly obese woman who goes around wearing a bra and leggings at all times with her fat rolls exposed, loud obnoxious braying, an attention seeking pig of a woman is  totally normal.  If I saw anyone like her on the street or in a store, etc. I'd be staring along with everyone else.   I think the series started out with the premise of showing us an honest portrayal of the challenges faced by a very fat girl living her life.  Now it's nothing but a boring scripted ego trip.   Nothing "real" about it at all.  

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

I think the series started out with the premise of showing us an honest portrayal of the challenges faced by a very fat girl living her life.  Now it's nothing but a boring scripted ego trip.   Nothing "real" about it at all.  

Yeh, been a long time and several seasons since her actual health was being presented in a serious way - trying to lower her A1c level, her dad buying her containers in hopes of getting her to practice portion control, the collapse at the dance marathon, the intervention in the form of a fake funeral.  She finally got her way and it's all about showing how great her life supposedly is.  But we all know it's not, and it's boring and immature to boot.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

Maybe all the exposure he's getting on MBFFL isn't bringing in tons of new clients.  I can't imagine why 😄 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I think the series started out with the premise of showing us an honest portrayal of the challenges faced by a very fat girl living her life.  Now it's nothing but a boring scripted ego trip.   Nothing "real" about it at all.  

I think that was the original premise and not a bad one. I liked the idea that there was an obese girl out there two who was more or less living her life. I have known several people who were almost as heavy as Whitney and really did all but stop living life - thinking that when they someday lost weight, they'd start doing all the things they always wanted to do like traveling and going to the beach. One died long before she ever got there. So I liked the idea of a show where a fat girl still traveled and went to the beach and had fun with her friends - but never expected "don't let your fat hold you back" to turn into "it's healthy and not limiting at all to be morbidly obese."

• Love 18

- I missed that the fitness comp was to raise $ for Will to enter a different competition.  I guess the fact that it was being filmed for television was enough incentive for people to buy in, literally 

- Whitney’s black bralette with the leopard print hearts was just awful.  It looks like it was made for preteen girls, not a 35 year old woman.

- I don’t care if it’s scripted, who lets some guy they’ve been dating for a few weeks tell them what they can and can’t keep from their storage unit? Why would she even ask his opinion? 

- Why has her sleeping with Buddy once six years ago become such a plot point? “We had SEX like SEX!” Okay...

- I like Ashley, she seems like the only reasonable one on this show.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Meowy said:

- I don’t care if it’s scripted, who lets some guy they’ve been dating for a few weeks tell them what they can and can’t keep from their storage unit? Why would she even ask his opinion? 

If you're a twelve-year-old girl and you have a REAL boyfriend for the first time - like, he knows he's your boyfriend and he knows it's EXCLUSIVE, then you may go a little overboard in demonstrating to the whole world that you are a COUPLE and he gets to make decisions for you and you get to tell him all about some other boy you almost kissed at summer camp when you were eleven, and then he gets a little jealous and then you get to act submissive which is what real girlfriends do. Or something like that. Why a woman of 35 is acting that way is anyone's guess.

That storage unit scene was just bizarre. She owns a house! It didn't look like the stuff in that unit would fill even a small basement. And I can't imagine Whitney tossing Lennie's "nude" painting of her into storage -- unless it was to blushingly have to reveal it to Chase and then let him tell her to throw it in the dumpster. (Maybe this script is being written by twelve-year-old girls. Or Whitney. Same, same.)

She'll be sorry when Lennie makes it in New York City and she learns she could have auctioned  her portrait off for the big bucks. And I always thought he was much better looking without the beard.

image.png.5a4ec62037e77dd521af6e776a22c0b1.png

Edited by Ketzel
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

I've barely been able to gag down some of this episode so I have very few thoughts besides.

Boyfriend, boyfriend, boyfriend, did you know I have a boyfriend? My boyfriend, boyfriend, I'll have to ask my boyfriend, boyfriend.

Jesus christ woman, you are 35 goddamn years old, no one cares that you are in a relationship, by your age 75% of women have been married AT LEAST ONCE, AT LEAST.

OK, so I know I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to organization and order but that Dish box hanging off that shelf drove me crazy.

And finally, for a show that supposedly pushes body empowerment and attractive at any size, blah, blah, blah, they sure do love to objectify fit male bodies every chance they get.

Edited by John M
  • Love 12

I'm liking this season pretty well.  It's nice to see Whit into Chase, though, I do feel a little nervous about it.  Most people have some kind of warts.  His will eventually come out.  Will Whit consider moving to Wilmington?  I can't see it.  Wilmington is a coastal/beach town. Good place to retire or vacation.   Very nice to visit, but, for Whitney?  Hmmm......can't see it.  She's more of Charlotte or Raleigh, person, imo.  (I'm in Raleigh.) 

I would like to see Whit pick a competition and really practice, train, prepare, etc. so that she is very prepared.  It seems she wings it a lot and I'm not impressed with that.  Still, she got through it.  

I just don't think that Buddy has that thing you need to be a real standup comic.  I suspect this class is just an excuse to get him on camera.  I really wonder what will become of the guy without this show. Of course, the show is likely to continue on.  Shahs of Sunset is going into year 8, so, it's possible to have a very long career with reality tv.  I don't know their salaries, but, based on what we have seen, I would imagine the bulk of their income is this show. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think that was the original premise and not a bad one. I liked the idea that there was an obese girl out there two who was more or less living her life. I have known several people who were almost as heavy as Whitney and really did all but stop living life - thinking that when they someday lost weight, they'd start doing all the things they always wanted to do like traveling and going to the beach. One died long before she ever got there. So I liked the idea of a show where a fat girl still traveled and went to the beach and had fun with her friends - but never expected "don't let your fat hold you back" to turn into "it's healthy and not limiting at all to be morbidly obese."

One of my oldest and dearest friends is a very large woman - also not as large as Whitney but def large. We’re ancient now but I’ve seen her go through being bullied in junior high - until people got to know what a great person she is and I think, even at that age, kind of re-examined their prejudices as she ended up with many friends. She always looks a million bucks - she’s the kind of person whose shirts stay ironed all day (unlike me...). She has a big loving personality but is brilliant and full of fun and good humor and NOT a braying jackass. She can be bawdy but never crude or gross. She has a million friends. 

and she has been through some shit, include early childhood experiences that help explain her obesity (her family tends to be heavy anyway - and it’s not just learned behavior). 

and yes, there have been ups and downs with the weight, and various related challenges and worries. it’s a constant battle for her but she is active and has no real health issues. She’d rather be thin but she accepts herself without giving up or ignoring reality  

She was widowed with a newborn and a toddler and met that challenge by going back to school and getting a masters degree, followed by a successful career. She remarried long ago and together they raised the babies who are now grown with their own kids. Truly a big fat fabulous INSPIRING life. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

One of my oldest and dearest friends is a very large woman - also not as large as Whitney but def large. We’re ancient now but I’ve seen her go through being bullied in junior high - until people got to know what a great person she is and I think, even at that age, kind of re-examined their prejudices as she ended up with many friends. She always looks a million bucks - she’s the kind of person whose shirts stay ironed all day (unlike me...). She has a big loving personality but is brilliant and full of fun and good humor and NOT a braying jackass. She can be bawdy but never crude or gross. She has a million friends. 

and she has been through some shit, include early childhood experiences that help explain her obesity (her family tends to be heavy anyway - and it’s not just learned behavior). 

and yes, there have been ups and downs with the weight, and various related challenges and worries. it’s a constant battle for her but she is active and has no real health issues. She’d rather be thin but she accepts herself without giving up or ignoring reality  

She was widowed with a newborn and a toddler and met that challenge by going back to school and getting a masters degree, followed by a successful career. She remarried long ago and together they raised the babies who are now grown with their own kids. Truly a big fat fabulous INSPIRING life. 

Yeah, she should be on this show and not Whitney. I really loved the premise of this show and was rooting for her for part of the first season. Since then I've been hate-watching.

You could look like Beyonce and if you act like Whit people will hate you just as much. It has nothing to do with her looks. (I actually think she's quite pretty.)

• Love 9

Ratings for this episode

42nd of Top 50 Tue cable shows (IIRC, this is the worst placement in the 2 years I've been reporting these data)

0.22 share

889,000 viewers

• Useful 2
  • Love 2