Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E03: Week 3

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

On 1/22/2020 at 10:55 AM, Cornhusker12 said:

As someone in the same age range as the contestants on the show, I'm honestly shocked by the bizarre fashion sense of the last few seasons too. I'm not even close to a fashion expert but the women my age who I would consider fashionable don't wear anything like that stuff, it reminds me much more of the early 2000s Paris Hilton era of ultra-fake plastic looks. 

Hey that is good to hear. My sons who are also the same age as these women, say that they do not know anyone who talks with this Vocal Fry voice either. I think it's a requisite for getting on the show and/or being a reality whore.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

Hey that is good to hear. My sons who are also the same age as these women, say that they do not know anyone who talks with this Vocal Fry voice either. I think it's a requisite for getting on the show and/or being a reality whore.

To be fair, there's probably a good chance your sons and I intentionally don't run in these types of circles haha but again, what do I know. If I went into a bar and most of the clientele looked like Bachelor/Bachelorette contestants I would know I was in the wrong place.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I found Alayah pretty on the show, at least without the cake on make up. So went to find her instagram to follow for eye candy but guess what. The pictures on her IG are even worse. I can't even recognise her in them, face full of clown make up. Why she chose to cover up her pretty face like this is baffling.

Peter is really a dumbass. Just a small comment about another girl being 'on' for the camera got him panicking. I found him "fake" and putting on a show too during Hannah's season, so why is he making such a big deal about a small issue?

Edited by waving feather
to fix typos
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, waving feather said:

I found Alayah pretty on the show, at least without the cake on make up. So went to find her instagram to follow for eye candy but guess what. The pictures on her IG is even worse. I can't even recognise her in them, face full of clown make up. Why she chose to cover up her pretty face like this is baffling.

Peter is really a dumbass. Just a small comment about another girl being 'on' for the cameron got him panicking. I found him "fake" and putting on a show too during Hannah's season, so why is he making such a big deal about a small issue? 

I think it’s an over-reaction to Luke P Trauma. Last season they all tried telling Hannah how “fake” Luke was, and we all know how that impacted the experience for all of them. Peter is scared of falling into that “blindness” like Hannah did. Of course, I think he could have at least given it a week to suss out what he thought of Aliyah. But after confirming with several women who all deemed Aliyah “fake,” then he panicked and thought he better boot Aliyah before he started to fall for her like Hannah with Luke. Of course, this also backfired a bit because it probably suddenly made him assign more “value” and attention on Aliyah than he otherwise would have had.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I think it’s an over-reaction to Luke P Trauma. Last season they all tried telling Hannah how “fake” Luke was, and we all know how that impacted the experience for all of them. Peter is scared of falling into that “blindness” like Hannah did. Of course, I think he could have at least given it a week to suss out what he thought of Aliyah. But after confirming with several women who all deemed Aliyah “fake,” then he panicked and thought he better boot Aliyah before he started to fall for her like Hannah with Luke. Of course, this also backfired a bit because it probably suddenly made him assign more “value” and attention on Aliyah than he otherwise would have had.

Yeah, I think Alayah would have flamed out on her own, there was just no "there" there. Pretty girl who made pleasant conversation, but nothing beyond the surface. With so many other girls still there and several that he does seem genuinely interested in, I don't think Alayah would have lasted past the middle round of eliminations.

In other words, Sydney probably did her a huge favor if screen time and recognition was her goal. I don't remember her from any previous episodes and if she'd just gone home in a mundane rose ceremony, she would have faded away like she'd never been there. But not only did she get an entire episode, she comes back for more drama and is now guaranteed both a spot on BiP and a segment on the Women Tell All. 

And considering I think Sydney herself is destined for a middle of the pack elimination herself, I don't think she's the winner in this feud.

• Love 7

On 1/20/2020 at 7:16 PM, Katie111 said:

Imaging being married to that?  Anytime anything gets hard, he’d just walk out on you.

That would be a very unsatisfying marriage indeed. 😉

On 1/20/2020 at 8:13 PM, Mu Shu said:

Du. Du hast. Du hast mich!

Technically it's "Du hasst", which means "you hate". "Du hast" means "you have".

On 1/22/2020 at 10:40 AM, valen said:

That is a really long way of saying every single person, including Peter, that goes on this show, is doing it for exposure and for the benefits that will come after if they receive a lot of attention. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar and that is who should be sent home.

Exactly, anyone who pretends to be scandalized that someone might be thinking of "opportunities" other than being F1 is more "fake" than the person they are accusing of being fake.

On 1/22/2020 at 5:45 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Even when Arie was 36 (?) they still sprinkled the cast with women in their early 20s.  It was so creepy!

Same with Brad 2.0 (38) and Ick Vile (37). And all of their F1s were women in their 20s. Apart from Ick, none of them had women over 30 in their top four.

On 1/22/2020 at 5:49 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I have a friend from Russia who says that everyone in Toronto is "Fake".  Her interpretation of fake is saying Hi!  How are you?  Thank you.  Please.  Have a good day!  etc.  She doesn't do anything like this.  No "excuse me", nothing.  But it's just the culture around here.  It's just the way we are.  She says no one does any of this back home.  LOL.

Back when I was a kid in the Eastern Bloc in the 80s, the stereotype was that people who smile for no particular reason must be idiots. Because if you're smart, you know that life is shitty and there's nothing to smile about.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Back when I was a kid in the Eastern Bloc in the 80s, the stereotype was that people who smile for no particular reason must be idiots. Because if you're smart, you know that life is shitty and there's nothing to smile about.

That's exactly my friend's attitude.  I'm pretty sure she thinks all of us Canadians are insane 🙂

12 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Same with Brad 2.0 (38) and Ick Vile (37). And all of their F1s were women in their 20s. Apart from Ick, none of them had women over 30 in their top four.

Ew..

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

My conspiracy vibe is saying TPTB told peter to boot Aliyah, telling him they’re going to bring her back on a future date.  His saying he wasn’t sure after ceremony would follow this.  Also, taking a ride away instead of giving it to someone else so future numbers stay right

• Useful 1
On 1/24/2020 at 9:02 PM, chocolatine said:
On 1/20/2020 at 11:13 PM, Mu Shu said:

Du. Du hast. Du hast mich!

Technically it's "Du hasst", which means "you hate". "Du hast" means "you have".

If the comment is referring to Rammstein, it's Du Hast 🙂 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

If the comment is referring to Rammstein, it's Du Hast 🙂 

Los Colorados. The cover is even better. I’m waiting for Evgeny Pluschenko’s son to grow up And skate to it. 

• Love 1
On 1/21/2020 at 12:04 AM, tinkerbell said:

And, I have to ask -  did I hear Hannah-anna say the "champagne FINASCO?"  That's what I heard, and honey, that's not a word.  

My husband is really concerned about the decline in my command of the English language (last couple of years). He’s beginning to think I have lost my ability to make coherent sentences (even when sober) because of non words I have heard on reality TV. He doesn’t get it because he doesn’t understand the joy in watching train wreck reality TV. 

So, for those who also watch the Real Housewives, it started a couple of years ago when we were watching a College Football Bowl game and a wide receiver’s last name was Jovani. So whenever the said the name Jovani (I shouted Jovani with my hand up). This was from real housewives of New York.

I got hubby an Instanpot for Valentine’s Day and he got me a Nutri-bullet (yes, we’ve been married a long time and it’s what we wanted). I said there are lots of ingreidences for these things ( real housewives of New Jersey). Then I said I need to send textesss to my friends (same person on RHONJ) about all the smoothies we can make.

We were at dinner on Saturday with another couple. When we got our drinks I said “let’s do a cheers” and then had to explain. It was quite a finasco. When we got home, my husband did not find my linger-Rey appealing!

Now, I know I have misspelled all these new words.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1