Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E07: Project Runway x Ashley Longshore

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, roctavia said:

I haven't even finished the judging, but these guys are ridiculous.. in one breath they are saying that Delvin was amazing and really needs to focus on his "lane" stay in that lane!! 

And then two seconds later they were complaining that Victoria has this narrow place where she shines as a designer and is just missing the mark the last two weeks by basically "staying in her lane" and doing what she's comfortable with. 

Which is it judges??? HMMM??? 

I see them as two different things. Brandon was telling Delvin that his tailoring was fabulous, and that's the "lane" that he needs to stay in--focus on beautifully tailored garments.  Victoria, OTOH has the same look in every single garment that she has made. We all notice it (though apparently Nina doesn't). 

I do agree with you that many times, the judges will chastise a contestant for doing the same thing week after week, then in the same breath, praise another contestant for having a signature look.  Where the contestant falls depends on how much they like said contestant and their look (that week).

• Love 16

Glad I found my non-hugging people. When people say “Let me GIVE you a hug,” I find it akin to saying, “Let me GIVE you some air from my colon.” No thanks. I’ll pass. My breasts don’t want be uncomfortably pressed against your flesh while you trap me with your arms to keep me from escaping. 

Was that harsh? It might be have been harsh. 

I love the Willy Wonka analogies! Victoria is spoiled. This is totally mean, but I could see her on a Real Housewives type show, just bossing the fuck out of her spouse. But I love her hair and personal style. 

Geoffrey does seem truly lovely and his inevitable offing is going to be heartbreaking.

I somehow missed Sergio’s Safe Face. Anyone have a gif?

So...I have a theory on Sergio’s palpable loathing of Christian. Christian dressed Billy Porter for the Oscars and that dress was stunning. That dress was dramatic and classy. It reeked of elegance. It was a statement about fashion, beauty and gender on the red carpet. Sergio dressed Billy for the Tonys and it was ...okay. The materials used made it something. Without that, it was just a weird red suit with a skirt. Meh. Sergio has never forgiven Christian for this.

Delvin is a pretty man, and was he the one who suggested the Muthafuckin’ Walk Off? I loved it. I can see him as someone who struggled with mental health and in doing so, retreats emotionally. I think his “Lane” is sleek and tailored and he should stick to designs that play to those strengths, while on the other hand, Victoria is making the exact same top over and over.

Nancy should have listened to Christian. Delvin did and it improved his outfit mightily.

I didn’t enjoy the first few episodes of this season, but this cast is growing on me. I am excited for the ridiculous sheer challenge next week. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 18
14 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

Glad I found my non-hugging people. When people say “Let me GIVE you a hug,” I find it akin to saying, “Let me GIVE you some air from my colon.” No thanks. I’ll pass. My breasts don’t want be uncomfortably pressed against your flesh while you trap me with your arms to keep me from escaping. 

Was that harsh? It might be have been harsh. 

I love the Willy Wonka analogies! Victoria is spoiled. This is totally mean, but I could see her on a Real Housewives type show, just bossing the fuck out of her spouse. But I love her hair and personal style. 

Geoffrey does seem truly lovely and his inevitable offing is going to be heartbreaking.

I somehow missed Sergio’s Safe Face. Anyone have a gif?

So...I have a theory on Sergio’s palpable loathing of Christian. Christian dressed Billy Porter for the Oscars and that dress was stunning. That dress was dramatic and classy. It reeked of elegance. It was a statement about fashion, beauty and gender on the red carpet. Sergio dressed Billy for the Tonys and it was ...okay. The materials used made it something. Without that, it was just a weird red suit with a skirt. Meh. Sergio has never forgiven Christian for this.

Delvin is a pretty man, and was he the one who suggested the Muthafuckin’ Walk Off? I loved it. I can see him as someone who struggled with mental health and in doing so, retreats emotionally. I think his “Lane” is sleek and tailored and he should stick to designs that play to those strengths, while on the other hand, Victoria is making the exact same top over and over.

Nancy should have listened to Christian. Delvin did and it improved his outfit mightily.

I didn’t enjoy the first few episodes of this season, but this cast is growing on me. I am excited for the ridiculous sheer challenge next week. 

"What is this 'sheer'?"  (Said in my best Moldovan accent?)  

I'm looking forward to it, as well - I think this group is also growing on me, although I don't have a total favorite yet.  Not too much from anyone has come down the runway this season that has completely blown me away and made me remember it.

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Can panic or anxiety make you physically ill? That’s what Dayoung made me think with her second illness during a stressful time for her. Also with the medic she mentioned her mind running and can’t stop.

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, sonder said:

Can panic or anxiety make you physically ill? That’s what Dayoung made me think with her second illness during a stressful time for her. Also with the medic she mentioned her mind running and can’t stop.

It definitely can, and that's what I thought happened to her with the first illness.  That time, she talked about her heart racing and feeling separated from her body.  This time, though, she was coughing which I don't think is a panic attack symptom.  She seemed worn down generally but then it was pointed out that she wasn't eating which could have caused that.

Geoffrey is really sweet and I loved his happy little frock.  It certainly shouldn't have won but I wish he could have gotten some positive feedback on it.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, sonder said:

Yes. Panic attack symptoms have been mistaken for heart attacks. I once helped a woman who was having a panic attack with some claustrophobia mixed in (I didn't know her. We were in a very big crowd) and she passed out. I am of the belief that Dayoung is truly ill, but I am also of the belief that if she can't compete she needs to step down. Having the other designers help her to the extent that they have isn't fair.

Add me to the list of folks who would like to see Ashley Longshore as a permanent judge. I find the regular judges pretty lackluster and Ashley brought some really fun energy to things.

When Brittany bragged about how she needed to be the center of attention as a kid and got mad when she wasn't, I ... did not find that charming.

Aw, Marquise of YouTube University. I like him and want good things for him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Victoria’s outfit at judging is even worse than last week’s!

Little Bo Peep streetwalker?

She should have beed auffed just for wearing that grotesque romper/pinafore/hooker outfit-thing.  I actually winced when I saw it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

"What is this 'sheer'?"  (Said in my best Moldovan accent?)  

Personal peeve...the worn out it's welcome look of a sheer skirt over a mini skirt/pair of shorts/bikini bottom/nude trunks/nude panties. A fad whose time may have come but, with any luck, has gone.

How many of those will we see next week....?

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Who wore a "hooker" outfit? I didn't see one -- not that I'm even sure what one might be. 

For the runway and judging Victoria wore this white outfit of hot pants bottom and and a weird ruffly top - really, she looked like something out of "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane."  But then again - I may be the only one with this opinion - everything she has made has looked trashy to me.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Sergio loftily "explaining" boning to Chelsey, then smugly saying "you're welcome" made me laugh and laugh, especially with Delvin's color commentary.

He's SOOOO ANNOYING!

(Nobody is speaking to Sergio)

Sergio:  Do you want MY help?
Chelsey:  Uhhh.
Sergio:  (Do this and that and this.)
Chelsey: (blank stare)
Sergio:  You're welcome.  
Chelsey:  Thank you?

Ughhhhhh!

What did Delvin whisper as he slunk on by?  Something like "You're going to un-tell her that"?  Hahahahahhaahahahahhaahah

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

Ohhhhh, that floucy fluff! I can't see why it's remotely hookerish, but man does it look like a real pain in the ass to wear (though as a spiller of coffee and someone who manages to catch my clothes on anything even slightly able to snag it, maybe I am speaking only for myself)!

• Love 8

White boot/shoes are the kiss of death. Please see the Elton John challenge from last year.

Ashley is a bit much for our judges. Karlie even said they didn't agree on the winner.

I just re-watched the show On Demand and the CC no longer hiccups on the D word, lol.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, jrlr said:
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Victoria’s outfit at judging is even worse than last week’s!

Little Bo Peep streetwalker?

She should have beed auffed just for wearing that grotesque romper/pinafore/hooker outfit-thing.  I actually winced when I saw it.

Heh, the 1980's was filled with little Madonna's wearing their underwear over their clothes. Welcome to the New Millie; women (your kids) wear what they feel comfortable in:

lizzo.jpg

• Love 1
On 1/23/2020 at 11:57 PM, dbell1 said:

Brittany winning could have been a cool moment for her, but she’s too openly annoying about being the most extra extra that ever existed.

Yes!  I mean, I give her props for being honest about always wanting to be the center of attention, but really, who wants to be around someone who is that self-centered and desperate for attention?  For some reason, I always think her name is Whitney and get confused when they call her Brittany.

Edited by leocadia
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

We have seen designers help each other with garments before. I would much rather see someone getting help because they’re sick rather than because their sewing skills are poor (I can still hear Shawn and Claire yelling each other’s names in the workroom as I type this).

Dammit, I finally purged those two twits from my memory and you had to reinsert them. OTOH, the schadenfreude is still pretty delicious.

I can't believe we're halfway through the cast already. Three of these eight people will be in the finale. I like Brittany, Geoffrey, and Delvin's chances best, based on overall output and edits, but Chelsey could definitely make it if she makes another strong showing soon.

Sergio and Victoria are the designated villains of the season; no way he makes it to the end, and while I wouldn't rule out her making the finale, Bravo is smarter than Lifetime and probably would keep her in a better light if she actually won.

Nancy's getting the Peach edit—lovely person, not a PR winner.

I'd rank Dayoung with Chelsey, but I fear the poor woman may be in hospice by that point.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

If there are any "90 Day Fiance" viewers in this group, Sergio reminds me so much of the loathsome Tania.  Both see themselves as woke, edgy, political free thinkers, but in reality  they're talentless narcissists.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11

Okay, I've been watching all season and started feeling this way a couple weeks ago, and it really peaked last week and thankfully subsided this week because he wasn't in it for much of the episode, but OMG, I can barely even look at the screen whenever Sergio is speaking. Project Runway has had it's share of assholes and cringe-y people before, and none of them have ever made me so uncomfortable watching them as Sergio does. I really really hope he's just playing up a character rather than being mostly authentic, because I can't even be annoyed at him anymore. I genuinely think he's mentally unwell, so much so that it's nowhere even near entertaining to watch him be so lacking in self awareness.

I think the fact that they're showing how much the other contestants don't like him and think he's not talented, while also not showing him being aware that that's what everyone thinks of him, is just making it worse. I hate watching people interact when one person is interacting in good faith but is lacking the social awareness to understand that the other person is putting on a front of politeness until they go away. It's just really awful. I'm not defending him, but I don't like being in this position of feeling pity for someone who is coming across as a delusional narcissist. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Actually, the one that Victoria chose wasn't too bad.  I could see a beautiful cruisewear type maxi-dress or palazzo pants outfit with that.

That is such a good idea!  That fabric would  have looked wonderful designed that way.  Good call!

• Love 7

I think Sergio can tell people don’t like him but I also think he’s convinced they’re just jellus haterz. 

I am extremely over the hi-lo skirts. They’re mullets. In fact the designers who come up with them should style their “girls” in mullets for consistency and sit back and watch the judges’ heads explode. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

For me, Sergio's should've been in the top 3 for sure. 

I thought so too. But the look on his face when he realized he was only safe was priceless.

8 hours ago, terrymct said:

I'm surprised that the judges haven't called Victoria out for making variations on the same thing each week, especially since the top this week had the same cut out as the top last week. 

Brandon did make mention of that, in an aside (to Nina?). So they’re not unaware, they are just choosing to give it a pass. For now, anyway.

6 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I think he's a political designer in name only.  Was last week the first time we even heard him say he was?  Before that he was just an "over 40's, wealthy" designer.

They showed a little clip of Sergio telling another designer “I’m a political designer“, that looked like it came from the Day 1 meet & greet.  I think he has a real need to let everyone know that his work is Special and Important.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I thought sergio’s look was unremarkable. And slightly dated.  Maybe because he typically designs for rich older ladies, his past few looks (maybe all his looks) have been unoriginal.   He has such an “above it all” attitude that makes it hard to root for him.  As a viewer we don’t want that type to be a winner.  

So glad Victoria got her shot at the bottom.  She seemed to think she was going to half shirt her way to victory.  I hope next week she implodes.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Was Delvin saying that Sergio was giving the wrong advice?  It seemed to me that he was muttering something about that was wrong, and do the opposite.  Seems like something Sergio would do.

His astonished glum face at being safe was delicious, as was Victoria's face crumple at realizing she was in the bottom.  I think this may be the first time in her life she's been told she ain't all that.  I'm sure it stings.

I am surprised that Victoria--who didn't seem to be the type--jumped right in with helping Dayoung. 

Geoffrey is rapidly becoming my favorite.  I can't stand his ear gauges, but I love his caring attitude and while his designs aren't really my cup of tea, I think he's talented.

Christian really does give good advice, his comments elevated both Delvin's and Geoffrey's designs, and if Victoria or Nancy had followed his advice, I think they would have done better.

So....they started "Day 2" and said they had eight hours to work that day.  Really?  So, what does it really mean to have one-day or two-day challenges?  What's the total number of work hours, since it seems to me that they're working until midnight during one-day challenges, but for two-day challenges they only put in a single eight hour shift?  And at that....I noticed that when they broke off for day two, there were a lot of very unfinished garments.  I remember when runway day was pretty much all about styling and hair and makeup, and if you still had significant work to do, you were totally in the weeds.  Now it is completely normal.

I've also noticed in the past couple of seasons, but it got worse after the move to Bravo: the designers seem to be dressing themselves up for the runway as much as they've been dressing up their models.  Up to and including making their own garments.  It is one thing to have a scrap of fabric and give yourself a coordinating hair tie or pocket square, and another thing entirely to have a coordinated and complimenting "Model and Me" outfit.  How much time gets wasted on that?

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

It is one thing to have a scrap of fabric and give yourself a coordinating hair tie or pocket square, and another thing entirely to have a coordinated and complimenting "Model and Me" outfit.  How much time gets wasted on that?

Probably too much unless they work on their own outfits back at their room. Since their own outfits aren't on the runway, I don't think there would be any rules against them not making stuff for themselves back at the room.

Now how much needed sleep time they might be losing to their own outfits, I don't know.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

I wasn't on the love train for Ashley the artist.  All of those prints looked to me like clip-art collages, so I don't know what the big deal is.  I'll see myself out.  But not just yet.

Yeah, they were not good prints. Not well designed, and the mix of BRIGHTS and pastel colors looked cheap to me. And the slogans? Just so done. It's like those dorky pillows with "cute" sayings on them that old ladies have all over their houses. She had energy, yeah, but it's the kind of energy that I would be sick of after like five minutes in her presence.

10 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Geoffrey's dress looked too much like a little girl in a party dress. I'm glad he took Christian's advice to cinch in the waist because before that, she looked like she was wearing one of those inflatable sumo suits.!

That's exactly what I said out loud when I saw that dress. Inflatable sumo suit.

I think DaYoung needs to drop out if a hospital stay can't get her back on her feet. Is she just not eating and hydrating properly? She was picking at a plate of what looked like ravioli when Geoffrey was trying to encourage her, but didn't put any in her mouth. If doesn't eat, she'll just get weaker.

I think everything's been said about Victoria, but, damn, could she be any more of a sore loser? And she was safe so fast, she was never, ever in danger of elimination. So self-centered. And she does dress like a hooker. That gold outfit was almost worse than the HeidiHooker outfit.

• Love 9

Yikes. That gold outfit -- I assume the skirt that looked sort of like what's his name's fabric from last week? -- was just normal to me. What exactly constitute a "hooker outfit"? Short skirts*? bare legs? shiny fabric? What's wrong with those things?

*I love a super-short skirt! And also a super long one.  Never knee though. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, roctavia said:

can't believe Brandon was so scandalized by the word dildo and flood my basement!

I admit that "flood my basement" was a new one for me. I'm old.

I thought that the fabric that the losing guy (Marquise?) used was so completely unlike all the other fabrics, and kind of boring-- just geometric and dull. I was surprised the judges kept saying the fabric "overpowered" his design.

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 5.34.06 PM.png

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 1

I really enjoyed this episode.  Things I loved:

• Nancy's pussy hat.  Heh
  • Delvin and Chelsea trying to ignore Sergio's offer for help but homey would not be denied.  "I won't be ignored, Chelsea!"  And I loved Sergio getting last pick of fabric. Hee.
  • Christian was on fire with his critiques.  When he told Delvin he was serving Golden Girls pj realness, I cheered.  Delvin owes him big time.
  • Da Youn is a trooper.  "A soldier dies on the battlefield."
  • Loved the guest judge's exuberance.  She seems like FUN.

17 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Yeah, he really is a sweetheart. Deep breaths, Geoffrey, you're doing fine!

Love, love love Geoffrey.  Dead at him thinking that print was pancakes.

4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Aw, Marquise of YouTube University. I like him and want good things for him.

Right?  Another week I was hoping for a Christian Save that didn't happen.  Bye, Marquise (Mekhi Phifer)  I hope to see more of you in the future.

• Love 10

I thought Sergio's attitude toward being safe was twofold: he wasn't the winner, which he clearly thought he should be, and he wasn't able to make his 'political statement' explaining his dress which he clearly intended to wow the judges with.  His pissed face was delicious.

When Delvin backed away as Sergio took over the boning explanation to Chelsey I thought he was too funny. As Sergio left Chelsey whispered. "Shade shade shade shade." which cracked me up. I'm not sure if she was referring to Delvin's reaction or was simply 'throwing shade' in a quiet subtle way on her own, but it was really funny.

Count me among the people who are in love with Delvin. That is a beautiful talented man with a wickedly smart sense of humor. I hope he wins.

Victoria can go take a seat. 

• Love 19
21 hours ago, Ellaria Sand said:

Also sorry to see Marquis leave. It was probably deserved but still. He departed as a gentleman. He should be proud.

It would nice to see self-taught talent like his get a scholarship to train at The New School or FIT or somewhere.  They made money off him, they should pay them all in some way, not just the last one standing.

• Love 23
10 hours ago, dleighg said:

when the medic was trying to get a sense of what she was feeling, she started talking about fountains, and the mechanism not working. I really felt for the poor medic! Uh, ok.....

I think there was a lot of language barrier going on in that conversation...or she was just so out of sorts she was contradicting herself. She started by saying mentally she felt fine, but then as she went on to describe her symptoms and use more metaphor I was like, girl, you havin'  a panic attack. I wonder if the medics also thought she might be? And the "mentally fine" bit was in response to that. It was definitely a confusing exchange.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I thought Sergio's attitude toward being safe was twofold: he wasn't the winner, which he clearly thought he should be, and he wasn't able to make his 'political statement' explaining his dress which he clearly intended to wow the judges with.  His pissed face was delicious. 

I think Sergio has some social deficits that's why I don't find any joy in him losing.  Everyone there is so politically correct with the "curvy" models and all but they still see it as ok to ridicule the guy that might be on the spectrum or just plain socially awkward.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

I think the winners are a bit rigged.

1)  I put forth the theory that this incarnation of the show (Karlie/Christian) will not allow the same person to win two weeks in a row.  Someone said I was "crazy".  Well, we're now 1.5 seasons in and it's never happened yet.

2)  Geoffrey loves Cyndi and he wins her challenge.  Brittany loves Ashley and she wins her challenge.   Of course.

It's all a little too perfect.  I really don't think the judges give a f*** who is actually the best design every week.  Winners are chosen for the 'story' pure and simple.

15 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I think Sergio has some social deficits that's why I don't find any joy in him losing.  Everyone there is so politically correct with the "curvy" models and all but they still see it as ok to ridicule the guy that might be on the spectrum or just plain socially awkward.  

Really?  I just think he really thinks he's the shit and everyone else is beneath him, INCLUDING the mentors and the judges.   Oh, and that he knows all. I don't think he's on the spectrum.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 14

I'm sure the competition is exhausting, and some of them are probably battling jet lag during the first few days -- but if Dayoung isn't well enough or strong enough to keep up, she needs to go. Which is unfortunate, cuz to me she might be the best designer of the bunch. But that's the breaks for anybody on a reality competition show.

I like challenges that make the designers work outside their comfort zone. In real life, you don't always get to have everything "in your lane".

There have been some impressive outfits so far, but for the most part, I find a lot of this season's work to be random and forgettable. Usually by the fourth or fifth episode, you can get a sense of a designer's aesthetic but I can't tell one designer's work from another. It's not that these designers lack talent; I just think most of them have not yet found their voice, so to speak.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, carrps said:

I think DaYoung needs to drop out if a hospital stay can't get her back on her feet. Is she just not eating and hydrating properly? She was picking at a plate of what looked like ravioli when Geoffrey was trying to encourage her, but didn't put any in her mouth. If doesn't eat, she'll just get weaker.

I think someone here nailed it when they said she's low on iron.  I used to work a stressful job and I would forget about having lunch until I finally fainted on the job.  It was that day I swore that I wouldn't let it happen again.  I break everyday at 12 for lunch now.  It's low on blood sugar or iron.  It's incredibly common.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

The guest judge was like an SNL character from the late 90's, and also really authentic. I'm conflicted. 

I'm in no way qualified to judge Sergio for possible cognitive or social issues. I don't know him as a person. I can only say that as a villain on a reality show he's pretty perfect, because he delivers arrogance really well. Last week he wouldn't even talk to Christian about his design because Christian wasn't Latino and therefore wouldn't understand it until it was more complete. This week he's representing the journey of a transgender person, which as far as I know he is not. That's amazing to me, that he can do that without flinching (until he wasn't praised). 

I really like Delvin, he's coming off as really...layered, and I'm into it. I clearly know nothing of fashion because I thought his look was just fine. 

Dayoung. Her mother asked about her health which makes me wonder if there's something up, sometimes it seems like she may not just be eating properly. I have no idea what's happening, but I love the way the others are reacting to it. I don't know if I'd be that patient and helpful in this setting. 

I still enjoy Victoria. We'll see how much longer that lasts. 

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 8

I somehow understood Dayoung’s explanation to the medic perfectly. Around the age of 16, I noticed that I have a curious mind that is always wanting to work on things and do fun and creative stuff and I would complain that my mind wasn’t tired yet but my body was. I had a hard time getting to sleep because I didn’t want to. I wanted to stay up and do fun stuff. It was like I couldn’t recognize when I needed rest and sleep and ended up having a bit of a nervous breakdown over it, until I learned to find the proper balance. I also understood her saying she was mad at herself for being so delicate. I get mad at myself when my body starts to feel tired and exhausted but I know I don’t want to rest yet. I hope that makes sense.

also , if she is anxious and hard on herself, the anxiety could be wearing her out.

Edited by Kdel1079
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I don't think Sergio should be in the top or bottom again until he is in the bottom one last time during his elimination episode.  That way we won't have to suffer through any more political blather on the runway.

Edited by lilabennet
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Believe it or not, I'm like that too.   But Dayoung seems like such a gentle soul and  she was completely rebuffed by Victoria's snotty wave off of the hug.   She could have reached out, clasped Dayoung's hand, or something vaguely gracious, but she did not do that.   But I hear what you're saying about personal space.

I don't think Victoria is someone who doesn't like being touched...I think she's just acting like a diva. What she did to Dayoung was rude and mean spirited. I felt so bad for Dayoung who was being genuine in her concern. Victoria strikes me as someone who expects to win and thinks she's a better designer than she really is. I mean that thing she put down the runway looked exactly like the last garment she put down the runway...cut outs and stretchy material. 

• Love 7

I love Geoffrey but I just have to say that as a designer, would it have been too much to wear a nice shirt with sleeves to Bergdorf Goodman? The tank top with the hairy armpits was a little on the rough side for this store. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

She could have been politer, but I totally get the "I really don't want to be rubbed and cuddled right now" thing.

Especially by someone who might have the plague. Dayoung’s going to take out the whole group, maybe that’s why she wants to stay...

13 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I think he's a political designer in name only.  Was last week the first time we even heard him say he was?  Before that he was just an "over 40's, wealthy" designer.

Yes. I loved Delvin’s comment that we were only going to hear that if he was in the bottom. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

In the case of Dayoung hugging, I would reach out and put my hand out with a stop signal and say 'air hug' and put out my arms in a hug.  And say  I'm sorry but I don't know if you're contagious. 

These asymmetrical hems just bug me.  I was watching the Australian Open and the Nike tennis skirts were  asymmetrical with when one hem meets the other, one is higher than the other.  

• Love 3

When my (long ago former) cult leader forbade the girls to hug because he was worried about latent lesbianism becoming an issue (don't ask) we used to simply say instead 'consider yourself hugged'. It's not quite the same but it does convey the love and sentiment intended without the actual touching part. Note: Actual hugs are better when you can get them. 😁 Anyway, there are lots of ways Victoria could have responded that don't include acting like the potential comforter is being offensive or doing something wrong.  Victoria was just plain rude and lost in her own self pity.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

First things first - when I initially saw the table of food that was provided for the designers, I only noticed the plate in the foreground so I was like are you fucking kidding me, Ashley/PR producers? These designers just worked all day and you only provided one taco per person?! Then I noticed the second plate in the opposite corner.

711989783_projectrunway.thumb.jpg.30004a70051a31df420f2291815c7e12.jpg

Looks like there's a third plate behind the flowers too.

• Love 1