Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Boy Bands

AgentRXS

Wilma encourages Ronnie to pursue his dreams of being in a boy band but goes too far when a music video gets out for all of William Penn to see. Meanwhile, the school hires Aunt Julie as the new school nurse which quickly affects her relationship with Coach Mellor.

Original Air Date: January 15, 2020

8 hours ago, jmonique said:

Please tell me I wasn't the only one annoyed by the Boy Band Math, given there were five members in New Kids, N Sync, Backstreet Boys and even O Town.

OMG YES!!  Especially since I just watched that 20/20 episode on Louis Pearlman who insisted there had to be five. 

• Love 4

Yeah come on guys! You forgot the cute/smart one! Five guys in a boy band! Five! 

That being said, the terrible boy band video was pretty much how I remember 90s boy band videos being, if a bit over the top. The overalls! The random bed! The nonsensical giant pants and weird themes! And them describing the bad boy as being the one with some facial hair and a thumb ring. 

"Miss Lewis, I cant believe I’m saying this, but could you teach us something?"

If they are still dragging this Barry/Lainey thing out, are they going to pair CB up with Wilma? 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3
On 1/16/2020 at 9:42 PM, tennisgurl said:

Yeah come on guys! You forgot the cute/smart one! Five guys in a boy band! Five! 

That being said, the terrible boy band video was pretty much how I remember 90s boy band videos being, if a bit over the top. The overalls! The random bed! The nonsensical giant pants and weird themes! And them describing the bad boy as being the one with some facial hair and a thumb ring. 

"Miss Lewis, I cant believe I’m saying this, but could you teach us something?"

If they are still dragging this Barry/Lainey thing out, are they going to pair CB up with Wilma? 

That whole look was started by New Edition, which would later become the staple look of boy bands to follow in the 90s. Maurice Starr was a genius in that department.

• Love 2
On 1/15/2020 at 11:59 PM, jmonique said:

Please tell me I wasn't the only one annoyed by the Boy Band Math, given there were five members in New Kids, N Sync, Backstreet Boys and even O Town.

As a lifelong Blockhead with a long time BSB army fan card I was ANNOYED at that.  That math only applies to 98*, show!  Adam F Goldberg, out of all people, should know better!

• Love 2
On 1/23/2020 at 10:55 AM, mtlchick said:

As a lifelong Blockhead with a long time BSB army fan card I was ANNOYED at that.  That math only applies to 98*, show!  Adam F Goldberg, out of all people, should know better!

He isn’t regularly involved in this show. 

On 1/15/2020 at 10:59 PM, jmonique said:

Yes, I just got around to watching this and was so annoyed by that!  They forgot about the cute/young one.  The Joey McIntyre, Nick Carter, Justin Timberlake of the group (because even though Justin became the breakout star of NSYNC, JC Chasez was originally the "hot one" and sang lead until Justin's popularity exploded).  What's even more ridiculous is that they had a character that would have worked perfectly for this on the show.  Mellor's faux son (his girlfriend's nephew, whose name I can't remember).  They could have slid him right in there and it would have been perfect.  Missed opportunity show.  Missed opportunity.

• Love 2