Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Generational AF

Julia searches for more information about her mom, with added help from Nate (guest star Michael Urie). When Edie is granted approval to take on her half-brother's pro bono case, she realizes Tim might have had something to do with Chad's (guest star Daniel Cosgrove) change of heart. Meanwhile, Amanda confronts Roxy with suspicions of witness tampering regarding Dr. Bechley's trial and the search for character witnesses continues in the all-new "Generational AF" episode of ALMOST FAMILY airing Wednesday, Jan. 15 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (AFM-111) (TV-14 D, L, S)

I enjoyed the episode.. Honestly I enjoy the show.. Tho with it getting the Saturday burnoff treatment I doubt we get past season one.. And that's a shame... These big networks don't give some shows time to breathe... 

• Love 7

I like it too. The initial premise is icky and put people off, but the cast is mostly so good, and I'm emotionally invested in the characters. I'm sorry it's pretty much dead in the water. I really love Emily Osment and Brittany Snow.

But ugh, Edie. Sleeping with her soon-to-be-ex cuz she had a fight with her girlfriend side piece. I mean...she's such a mess. I'm not sure how good an actor Megalyn Echikunwoke is, but she sure is pretty.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I'm not sure how good an actor Megalyn Echikunwoke is, but she sure is pretty.

I've never really been a fan of hers, since back when she was on The 4400. To be fair, she's usually in thankless roles like Edie, though, so I feel like I can't definitively decide if I like her or not.

It actually feels like there's another team writing the last two episodes as opposed to those before the break. The only one who still actively annoys me is Bechley. He's just a straight up sociopath and I don't think there's any way around that; Hutton seems to agree and leans into it, IMO. 

Edie's a mess, but I don't despise her as much now that Tim knows.

1 hour ago, jmonique said:

Edie's a mess, but I don't despise her as much now that Tim knows.

Same here... I can do messy... Especially when I can see the process of why she's making these bad decisions... But bad decisions backed up by denial of the facts gets on my nerves

• Love 1
20 hours ago, jmonique said:

I've never really been a fan of hers, since back when she was on The 4400

I didn’t like her on CSI:Miami either. Something about her I just can’t warm to. 

I miss Julia and Donovan. I liked them together. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Love 4

Some of the people who watched the Australian TV show that this was based on were talking about how they changed the Roxy character from a former child TV star to a gymnast in the American version. Now with the revelation of Roxy's sexual abuse it's obvious why the change. Her being a child star who had been sexually abused hit waaaay too close to home for hollywood in this day and age. 

I enjoyed it..  I knew that Isaac was holding a torch for Julia... Didn't love Julia parading her bio dad in front of Leon... I notice that Edie already knew what that look was between Issac and Julia... And if by miracle of miracles this show survived I'd be here for it... Because Donavan is a wet blanket   Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

• LOL 2
6 minutes ago, minousoso said:

I enjoyed it..  I knew that Isaac was holding a torch for Julia... Didn't love Julia parading her bio dad in front of Leon... I notice that Edie already knew what that look was between Issac and Julia... And if by miracle of miracles this show survived I'd be here for it... Because Donavan is a wet blanket   Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

Isn't he just tho... Omg every time he was on I was like arrrgh you and ur obnoxious ass daughter need to go