Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: The Job Interview

• Start Topic

The Alexis storyline was so sweet, specially the ending, my heart can't handle it. I totally melted during their skype call. I know a lot of the viewers keep rooting for her and Ted to break up, but I really hope that will not happen. Naming the turtle after him was such an adorable idea, I thought it was beautiful how it showed that she is really devoted to Ted.

Also, congratulations Stevie! She will really see a lot of the world with that job.

• Love 13

Theodore's romantic date night for Alexis was super adorable. I would melt if that happened to me.

I was amused by David dismissing Ted on Skype because Ted had his clothes on. Was a great funny throw away moment.

I'm not a fan of Roland but I thought it funny when he said he didn't want to have to pull out the fact he was the mayor and the banker said he had already tried that trick.

Not seeing Patrick was slightly made up for by the fact Patrick was wearing his clothes. I actually found David way more attractive dress this way compared to his usual OTT ensemble.

Edited by GSManiac
  • Love 4

I'm glad that Stevie has found a way to leave Schitt's Creek and see the world. I hope she ends up going, even if it's on this cheap airline. What is she planning to do with the motel? It's still in her name so is she going to have Johnny and Roland keep running it? Is this the beginning of the Rose/Schitt motel empire?

I loved that Moira's only concern about Alexis being naked on the internet was having good lighting. I mean, you DO want to look your best.

• Love 8

I'm thrilled that Stevie got the job because that should do wonders for her confidence, but realistically Larry Air would be a regional airline that would run on the tightest of margins. She'd see a segment of regional airports in North America at best. The airline would limit overnight stays and work the flight crew ever legal hour. I would love it if the show used this win as a stepping stone for something even better because I would hate for the series to end with Stevie working for Larry Air where nothing is free, not even the fully-private toilets.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Larry Air??? Who the hell would book a flight on a carrier called Larry Air? I have my doubts Stevie is actually going anywhere. There are apparently already several pending civil suits against this airline. 

I thought Alexis was going to follow Ted to the Galapagos Islands. That's where they left it last season - he left during the Cabaret after-party and Alexis said she had a flight the following week. Now it's been 10 days since she's seen him. Has she decided not to go? Maybe I missed something. I remember her telling David she wouldn't be there for his wedding back in S6E1 - did I miss hearing her say she decided not to go?

I'll never understand how businesses and ownership work in this world. I don't see what it does for Johnny to have Roland and Jocelyn buy that other motel. Now it belongs to them. What's Johnny's role in all this? He doesn't own the Rosebud either - Stevie does. I assume he's drawing a salary for helping to run it since the loan officer confirmed in this episode the motel is in Stevie's name. Is he just going to help manage the other motel for Roland and Jocelyn?

The premise for this show was supposed to be that the Roses owned Schitt's Creek, and yet they don't seem to own anything in it.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I thought Alexis was going to follow Ted to the Galapagos Islands. That's where they left it last season - he left during the Cabaret after-party and Alexis said she had a flight the following week. Now it's been 10 days since she's seen him. Has she decided not to go? Maybe I missed something. I remember her telling David she wouldn't be there for his wedding back in S6E1 - did I miss hearing her say she decided not to go?

In the first episode this season, Alexis found out she read the date wrong for her flight. It was day/ month and she thought it was month/day. So her flight she though was July 8 is really August 7. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, vibeology said:

I'm thrilled that Stevie got the job because that should do wonders for her confidence, but realistically Larry Air would be a regional airline that would run on the tightest of margins. She'd see a segment of regional airports in North America at best. The airline would limit overnight stays and work the flight crew ever legal hour. I would love it if the show used this win as a stepping stone for something even better because I would hate for the series to end with Stevie working for Larry Air where nothing is free, not even the fully-private toilets.

All of the above, plus I'm now worried that Stevie will die in a terrible plane crash.

I think Ted and Alexis are adorable together, and I'm glad we got to see how much they love each other.

I also think this episode highlighted how far less annoying Roland has become. Every scene he was in used to be cringe-worthy, now he's less frequently so, IMO. When I think back to how he handled Johnny accidentally telling Patrick's parents he was gay, he wasn't nearly as oblivious or obtuse as he was in season 1.

I was worried about Johnny asking Bob to be a partner because Bob has always been an unmitigated dick to Johnny (and usually for no reason), but I'm glad the motel partnership turned out the way it did.

Looking forward to The Crows trailer next episode!

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

The premise for this show was supposed to be that the Roses owned Schitt's Creek, and yet they don't seem to own anything in it.

I guess the show wants the viewer to forget this. The obvious joke they could have made would have been Johnny following up Roland’s comment about being the mayor with his own about owning the town. 

• Love 5

In the first episode this season, Alexis found out she read the date wrong for her flight. It was day/ month and she thought it was month/day. So her flight she though was July 8 is really August 7. 

Oh, that's right {headsmack}. Thanks for reminding me. 

The obvious joke they could have made would have been Johnny following up Roland’s comment about being the mayor with his own about owning the town. 

Yeah I mean . . . Johnny does have collateral, he owns the whole town. I don't know how much that's worth but surely as much as, or more than, a motel.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Larry Air??? Who the hell would book a flight on a carrier called Larry Air? I have my doubts Stevie is actually going anywhere. There are apparently already several pending civil suits against this airline. 

I thought it was a takeoff on Ryanair, which is a notoriously cheap airline. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Working for a startup low-budget airline doesn't sound that great. Seems like the sort of outfit that would have Stevie working four puddle-jumper flights a day to, like, Winnipeg and Duluth, and going back to her home base every night with no time to actually spend in a destination city. So she's just trapped in a tiny metal tube all day long serving drinks and giving the same speech over and over. 

Although maybe she'd get free flights to travel somewhere on her time off, or could use the experience to step up to another airline with better perks.

• Love 4

Alexis and Ted continue to be adorable. I was afraid the writers would try to break them up with the long distance difficulties but glad that so far that’s not the case. I wish I had a Ted in my life!

I wonder if Johnny will buy out Stevie for the motel ownership. I’m happy for her but I will miss their friendship. It seems like they are the only two normal people at that motel.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, GSManiac said:

Or maybe it’s worthless. Hence why in the pilot, the IRS didn’t bother seizing the ownership of it. 

Exactly. Collateral is what something is worth and when Johnny tried to sell the town in S1, they were only able to find one person who would even consider buying it (and then he went into a coma). If it had been worth anything, the IRS would have seized it along with their other assets.

Nothing about money on this show has ever made sense. They own the town, which is worthless, even though it has multiple businesses and lots of houses? 

And David and Patrick have a thriving brick-and-mortar store selling expensive lotions to the yokels in the middle of nowhere?

And then Johnny bought his way into the motel so that he and Stevie could be partners, but now Stevie owns all of it?

I think the only way to enjoy the show is to accept that we'll have to handwave a lot of plot points. A whole lot of them.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, twoods said:

Alexis and Ted continue to be adorable. I was afraid the writers would try to break them up with the long distance difficulties but glad that so far that’s not the case. I wish I had a Ted in my life!

I wonder if Johnny will buy out Stevie for the motel ownership. I’m happy for her but I will miss their friendship. It seems like they are the only two normal people at that motel.

Agreed, but the relationship is that of a father-daughter and its only because of the relationship with the Roses, and Johnny and Moira as parental figures most specifically, that Stevie has reached the point where she's built up the courage to begin to step out of the rather drab life she always thought she was destined to live. Hopefully the relationship will continue, just in a different way, as is what happens with all parent/child relationships as the child gains confidence and ultimately leaves the nest. You know we're going to get a "I'm proud of you Stevie" moment from Johnny, and hopefully Moira, in her uniquely Moira way -- probably likening it to The Crowening in some way, telling one of her crows to fly! 😄

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Love 3

If it had been worth anything, the IRS would have seized it along with their other assets.

I could be wrong but I thought the IRS couldn't take it because it was in David's name, not Johnny's. Johnny bought the town as a gag gift for one of David's birthdays, that much I know.

And then Johnny bought his way into the motel so that he and Stevie could be partners, but now Stevie owns all of it?

Stevie's aunt owned the motel and then left it to Stevie. I don't know what, if any, ownership stake Johnny has in it. They have never explained that. He offered to help Stevie run the motel, so I just assumed he was drawing a salary as a manager or something. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I could be wrong but I thought the IRS couldn't take it because it was in David's name, not Johnny's. Johnny bought the town as a gag gift for one of David's birthdays, that much I know.

In the pilot, they were taking everyone's stuff, not just Johnny's and Moira's stuff. Alexis said, "Those bags are not for you! My boyfriend bought those for me so theoretically they are his!"

Regarding the town, the family was told, "There is a very small amount [of money] set aside for you and one asset the government has allowed you to retain."

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

If that discount airline treats its paying customers so badly, imagine how it must deal with its employees. Poor Stevie; perhaps she will be shown running back to the motel, disillusioned at her prospects in the real world.

How does Roland and Jocelyn buying the other motel automatically make them Johnny's business partners as she said? And why couldn't Johnny get Stevies' consent for the bank loan in some form or other? But as others have said, money matters rarely make sense on the show.

• Love 4

Glad that Stevie got the job (even if that civil suite does make me worry!) even if I am sad that she is leaving her bestie David and everyone else behind. Its great that she can explore the world more (or at least the region) but its sure bittersweet. 

Ted you charmer. Oh, and human Ted was nice too!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I seem to remember Johnny telling Stevie he'd help her run/manage the hotel for a share of the profits (when/if they began to see profits). Yes, there is a lot of hand-waving to do in regard to some of the financial realities to this show, but I will happily wave my hand to see Moira in her wigs and outrageous outfits (and saying "bebe"!)

• Love 7
On 1/22/2020 at 2:22 PM, iMonrey said:

Oh, that's right {headsmack}. Thanks for reminding me. 

Yeah I mean . . . Johnny does have collateral, he owns the whole town. I don't know how much that's worth but surely as much as, or more than, a motel.

Isn't is David who actually owns the town? Wasn't the town a birthday gift to David from his parents?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

David really, really did look like a youth pastor. Of course that’s pretty true of Patrick.

Honestly, David could have nailed that job interview if Larry Air has any concept at all of customer service. Since they don’t... you take those peanuts, David!

• Love 2