Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Anela

Messiah (Netflix)

I watched it. Kept my interest enough, but I was underwhelmed. At least the messiah was good looking. 

I feel like the series really wanted to say something, but about halfway through it started petering out to the point that I really didn’t care much about how it ended. But it’s always good to see Beau Bridges. 🙂 

• Like 1

I am halfway through it. Not sure how I feel. It is prompting interesting discussion at our house. 

• Like 1

I'm watching.  I have 2 more episodes left.   I'm really liking it a lot !

• Like 2

I recently finished watching this. It wasn’t the best thing Netflix has released, but it’s certainly not the worst either. 

I did think it made for very interesting viewing and brought with it a lot of questions about faith, projecting one’s personal beliefs onto a situation, perception, situations  that may appear different, but are actually the same, and the list goes on and on. 

I did think the show lost a little bit of its intrigue when the “Messiah” left Israel for the Bible Belt of America. Nonetheless it was still watchable.

The title character was attractive and also mesmerizing, I could see why, outside of personal beliefs, people would follow him. 

I do think something beyond the ordinary is going on with this guy, but that doesn’t mean I think he’s a beckon for good. Thus far he’s mostly brought chaos and confusion, which makes me wonder if he’s the godly figure some think he is. 

Again, interesting series. If they get a season 2, I’d watch. 

• Like 3

I thought the show was intriguing and it kept my interest. I walked away thinking  Al-Mashir was the Anti-Christ and Jabril is special not sure if he’s the Messiah but he’s definitely a prophet or something.

Edited by howivesforever
  • Like 5

Not great; not awful. The CIA woman isn't nearly as compelling as I would have liked. The actor is typically servicable so she's not awful, but I don't know why she chose/was directed to whisper when she was trying to be super serious.

I thought they added too much outside stuff with the characters - don't care about the miscarriage, the agent who was also gay, the Israeli family problems, the daughter's abortion, the mother drank. Not really bringing anything to the story and felt tacked on.

It was sad and chilling that the other kid turned into the suicide bomber. It really didn't take much to manipulate him.

Loved the multicultural cast though.

It's too easy of the guy is the messiah, and there's got to be something going on with the daughter and the kid with the bushy hair. I did like how her social media had an effect on events.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2020 at 12:37 PM, howivesforever said:

I thought the show was intriguing and it kept my interest. I walked away thinking  Al-Mashir was the Anti-Christ and Jabril is special not sure if he’s the Messiah but he’s definitely a prophet or something.

I feel that way too. 

• Like 2

At times I was bored and at other times intrigued.  It's pretty obvious to me that the messiah in the story is an antichristical character.  Maybe not THE Antichrist but a type of antichrist. Nice to see an international cast and a variety of locations. 

• Like 1

I enjoyed it as it had a feel of Carnivale' where you has two avatars one for good, the other evil. I am surprised that there is so little interest of this show as it is dumped into the "other" forum but if this is indicative of overall viewership, then a second season may not happen....