Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Am I the on,y one who feels absolutely no sympathy for Shannon? She put herself, her life, and all of her marital problems on national TV. Whining about how Heather was talking about your issues in your marriage?? Stop putting it out there for the whole world to hear, dumbass.

That being said, her beef needs to be strictly with Tamra at this point. I love how she is side stepping this and going for Heather because of what happened, but hello, Tamra stirred the pot and even went as far as saying Shannon drank too much. What is. Tamra saying in her blogs? Tamra is trash. I can't stand Heather either, but I don't blame her fully for this.

Vicki hit the nail on the head when she said to Eddie, "you knew what you married". Exactly. Famewhore.

• Love 4

I think among other not-so-nice things Heather said, "I don't owe you anything."  And that was after two apologies.  It was my understanding that Tamra did not read the e-mail from David but she read the text from David where he wrote about Shannon talking of their marital problems.  Heather was also trying to determine which one of her "friends" forwarded the gist of the conversation to David.  That is why David said to Heather, "I don't believe you," when she went into her song and dance about shutting down the conversation.  He had received a first hand account of what Heather had said at lunch.

Of interest Tamra and Lizzie are both declaring their truth came out at the Reunion.  Vicki on the other hand decided to tweet pictures of the Reunion and then tweeted an oops as she was not suppose to have done that at this time. http://allthingsrh.com/ladies-film-rhoc-season-9-reunion/  Interesting Lizzie is not in the group shot.  Heather cut herself some hideous bangs.  Vicki is rather risqué in her low cut gown.  I always remember the first Reunion of OC-blue jeans and Sky tops.

Good Lord - Vicki and those old, fake breasts. Why in the world would she go on TV like that? As someone on that thread said - at least she is not showing her best body part. 

• Love 5
(edited)

The RH shows are not really based on cameras following people around. There is a production schedule and lights and cameras are put into place so filming can occur. Obviously, the camera crew wasn't just lounging around the Dubrows one evening when Shannon suddenly rang the doorbell. There is a little bit more to it. There was one crew at Beadors' home and one at Dubrows' home or Shannon waited for the crew to set up over at Dubrows. There is also a production person making notes of the conversation for further use or reference. So it involves a few people to get through a scene. Many times they have to re-shoot the scene for technical purposes but not necessarily for content.

I think the entire confrontation was created by production misinforming Shannon and Heather about the purpose of the scene at the Dubrow house. I think that production told Shannon the scene was for her to confront Heather about her "gossiping" about the Bedor marriage and to confirm Tamra was the source of Heather's info. But, rather than tell Heather the same thing and give her a chance to prepare her response, production told her Shannon was coming over to apologize for "yelling" at her. (Hence the "I thought you were coming to apologize to me.") Not only did they prevent Heather from having a scripted response, they fed the hostility by making each woman think that the other woman flipped the script on her.

I also think a lot of these phrases people are hung up on are planted in these women's heads by production (i.e. "How do you feel about Heather 'kicking you out?'" or "how did you feel when Shannon was 'yelling' at you in the restaurant and at her house?"). Then the phrases stick in subsequent dialogue.

Edited by Jkitty
  • Love 8

I think production knows Heather likes to act and present scripted responses so I buy that production mis-informed Heather of the purpose for Shannon's visit hence why she seemed so welcoming of Shannon when she first got there.  Only when Shannon started explaining her reason for being there did Heather finally state why she thought she was there.  I figured Heather probably mentally prepared a new script in her head when she heard Shannon's real reason for coming there and assumed that Shannon would play the game and not say sorry.  However, when Shannon did say she was sorry, Heather didn't have time to think up a new script in my mind and opted to still accuse Shannon of ruining her holidays.  Shannon, being ultra thin skinned, then reacted to Heather thus Heather kicking her out.

In a way, I do think that the situations are scripted but I've noticed that Vicki and Shannon are too emotional to follow the scripts while Heather and Tamra follow it to a tee.. with Lizzie caught somewhere in the middle.

• Love 1

Yes, I didn't mean to imply that the show is "scripted" in the traditional sense of a word-for-word script, but I do think the women are told what to discuss during certain scenes. I also think that some of the more calculating (read: fame-whorey) women are given tasks for stirring the pot (i.e. Tamra). Once the "stage" is set, the more emotional women react and chaos ensues. Here, Tamra was charged with stirring the pot by spreading the email story to Heather. Production turns the heat from Tamra to Heather. Shannon reacts. Chaos ensues.

• Love 2

Listening to the arguments really are like listening to children.  Most of their arguments are on semantics.  Shannon yelling, Shannon being kicked out.  They'll never seek resolution until they get beyond what the words mean and instead discuss the action.  Did Shannon "yell" at Heather?  Or did Shannon admonish Heather?  They are arguing terms and not what actually happened.  Perhaps Heather would have more success if she said, "No, you did not yell at me, but I am tired of being admonished by you because you feel I am condescending."  "No Heather, you didn't physically remove me from your house in a kicking action but you did shut down communication and tell me to leave the premises."

Heather did the same shit with Alexis over the term "bullying" last year. Hmmm...
  • Love 3

OMG. Vicki please invest in a 360 mirror. Why is Lizzie poking her breasts?

I think among other not-so-nice things Heather said, "I don't owe you anything." And that was after two apologies. It was my understanding that Tamra did not read the e-mail from David but she read the text from David where he wrote about Shannon talking of their marital problems. Heather was also trying to determine which one of her "friends" forwarded the gist of the conversation to David. That is why David said to Heather, "I don't believe you," when she went into her song and dance about shutting down the conversation. He had received a first hand account of what Heather had said at lunch.

Of interest Tamra and Lizzie are both declaring their truth came out at the Reunion. Vicki on the other hand decided to tweet pictures of the Reunion and then tweeted an oops as she was not suppose to have done that at this time. http://allthingsrh.com/ladies-film-rhoc-season-9-reunion/ Interesting Lizzie is not in the group shot. Heather cut herself some hideous bangs. Vicki is rather risqué in her low cut gown. I always remember the first Reunion of OC-blue jeans and Sky tops.

Thanks for the link! We need a "Caption This" contest for the pic of Heather holding the handful of hair. I don't know how to upload that particular photo (maybe because I'm in Mobile mode), but perhaps one of my fellow posters can? You all are hilarious and I know we'd be crackin' up!

Vicki looks fab with the long side bang and shoulder length hair, almost Gretchenesque,  but scroll down to her sausage casing dress with the stripper cleavage.   Sigh.

Maybe Heather's handful of hair is her DIY  Brazilian?   Ick, I know.

• Love 5

Vicki looks fab with the long side bang and shoulder length hair, almost Gretchenesque,  but scroll down to her sausage casing dress with the stripper cleavage.   Sigh.

Maybe Heather's handful of hair is her DIY  Brazilian?   Ick, I know.

IMO, Vicki will never be "Gretchensque" no matter what she does with her hair, makeup, clothes.  That dress was way too short for her fat legs. I've always found Vicki to be rather pathetic in her attempts to look attractive.....she needs some professional guidance. In fact, I think Vicki is pathetic in her ability to relate well to people, and is continually making a fool of herself with her loss of anger control in so many situations we've seen her in over the years. 

• Love 1
(edited)

One funny moment before the dinner party I noticed on rewatch was when Shannon was going over the checklist for her daughter Sophie's trip. She's saying she's worried about her being warm enough and safe. Her other daughter, Stella, chimes in "you're going get sick and get an ear infection" then casually chomps on her salad. I'd like to see more interaction with Shannon and her kids next season.

I love Vicki's hair cut and color. Looks very healthy.

Edited by charming
  • Love 1

Heather just cracks me up with her reaction to Shannon, she totally looks like an actress who is disgusted with another for not knowing their lines.

As for the whole "Taking the Beadors down" is Terry a Bond villain all of the sudden. Did he say it while petting a Persian cat?

• Love 5

Hi,

First time poster-- I am re watching the latest ep and all I have to say is why isn't Bravo, if they insist on continuing with Shannon, providing her with fulltime therapy?

• Love 1

Heather just cracks me up with her reaction to Shannon, she totally looks like an actress who is disgusted with another for not knowing their lines.

As for the whole "Taking the Beadors down" is Terry a Bond villain all of the sudden. Did he say it while petting a Persian cat?

Terry *did* ask for a cat so...

• Love 5

Good Lord - Vicki and those old, fake breasts. Why in the world would she go on TV like that?

Ugh, I know! I can't stand the way Vicki dresses. She must have a magic mirror that shows her as thin, young and hot rather than the reality which is she's an overweight, saggy breasted, fat legged, sausage armed OLDER woman who should not be dressing that way. If you're a 50 yr old woman who doesn't look 50, who still has a slim tight bod and firm breast then by all means bring it, show it off while you can. For Vicki that time has long passed. I remember in earlier seasons she thought she was a MILF and that Michael's friends were hot for her, BWAHAHAHA! She's also to old to be WOO-HOOing and dancing on bars. No one wants to see it Vicki, no one...............

Good Lord - Vicki and those old, fake breasts. Why in the world would she go on TV like that? As someone on that thread said - at least she is not showing her best body part.

Pray she's wearing underwear. As short as her dress is if she uncrosses her legs we may get a view of Brook's favorite part. Yuck.

First time poster-- I am re watching the latest ep and all I have to say is why isn't Bravo, if they insist on continuing with Shannon, providing her with fulltime therapy?

Andy would love nothing more that to see Shannon have a total mental breakdown on tv. He'll exploite anyone who doesn't know better. Anything for ratings.

Am I the on,y one who feels absolutely no sympathy for Shannon? She put herself, her life, and all of her marital problems on national TV. Whining about how Heather was talking about your issues in your marriage?? Stop putting it out there for the whole world to hear, dumbass.

That being said, her beef needs to be strictly with Tamra at this point. I love how she is side stepping this and going for Heather because of what happened, but hello, Tamra stirred the pot and even went as far as saying Shannon drank too much. What is. Tamra saying in her blogs? Tamra is trash. I can't stand Heather either, but I don't blame her fully for this.

Vicki hit the nail on the head when she said to Eddie, "you knew what you married". Exactly. Famewhore.

I'm with you. If Shannon/Sharon (ha!) would STFU and stop talking about it, PEOPLE WOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT IT! She's like a broken record.

It's funny how Eddie has totally checked out.

Vicki's hair looks great in that picture. Boobs? Not so much.

• Love 4

To me Vickie looks best in more tailored clothing.  In one scene, she work a white blouse tucked into a black pencil skirt with black stilettos  - I'm sure she was coming from WORK.  The fit was perfect - not too tight, too revealing, or too shiny.

Of course, she still walked like she was Jack Lemmon in 'Some Like it Hot, but I thought she looked fabulous.

Enough with the tight, shiny, plunging necklines that don't do her any favors.  Love her new 'do and the softer makeup though.

• Love 1

Hey, baby steps with Vicki.   Personally, I thought her best look was well fitted pants/jeans and a Skye top with a bit of cleavage.   

Less is more, Vicki.   Cover the boobs, show some leg.   Some, not all. Other than that hog roasting on a spit moment,  I think Vicki as a nice figure.   She just doesn't know how to dress it when she's not working. 

• Love 6

Ugh, I know! I can't stand the way Vicki dresses. She must have a magic mirror that shows her as thin, young and hot rather than the reality which is she's an overweight, saggy breasted, fat legged, sausage armed OLDER woman who should not be dressing that way. If you're a 50 yr old woman who doesn't look 50, who still has a slim tight bod and firm breast then by all means bring it, show it off while you can. For Vicki that time has long passed. I remember in earlier seasons she thought she was a MILF and that Michael's friends were hot for her, BWAHAHAHA! She's also to old to be WOO-HOOing and dancing on bars. No one wants to see it Vicki, no one...............

Pray she's wearing underwear. As short as her dress is if she uncrosses her legs we may get a view of Brook's favorite part. Yuck.

Andy would love nothing more that to see Shannon have a total mental breakdown on tv. He'll exploite anyone who doesn't know better. Anything for ratings.

But, if you are someone who doesn't look her age and has a body that you approve of it would be okay to dress like that? Is that right?

• Love 3
(edited)

Am I the on,y one who feels absolutely no sympathy for Shannon?

I don't really sympathize with her, but I fucking love that she's on the show. Shannon's whole existence is being a housewife in OC, and there's no business , charity or even a hobby to help put a shine over the warts in her life, and I'm digging that so far. She gives pretty good THs, too.

I'd like to see more interaction with Shannon and her kids next season.

Maybe we'll see that while David and Sophie are away.

If you're a 50 yr old woman who doesn't look 50, who still has a slim tight bod and firm breast then by all means bring it, show it off while you can.

What if you're a 50-year old woman who does look her age, who still has a slim, tight bod and firm breasts?

Edited by jaync
  • Love 3

But, if you are someone who doesn't look her age and has a body that you approve of it would be okay to dress like that? Is that right?

Yes, though common wisdom says either a low cut top OR a short skirt, not both at once whatever your age. Vicki should wear neither - ever.

• Love 1
(edited)

What if you're a 50-year old woman who does look her age, who still has a slim, tight bod and firm breasts?

Then showcase your figure. Which can be done without the hooker type things Vickie sometimes wears.

So Vicki should be ashamed of her body and wear a burka because who wants to see her fat sausage legs.

Below the knee skirt length would be appropriate for her body type. She draws attention to her extra bulk by the way she dresses.

Edited by Lisin

So Vicki should be ashamed of her body and wear a burka because who wants to see her fat sausage legs.

She should be dressing appropriately for her age and figure.  And nobody is saying she SHOUD be ashamed of her body.

• Love 1

That is not what was said. What was said was that Vicki is fat and disgusting old, sausage armed woman who has the nerve to feel confident enough to celebrate her curves. I agree she looks better in other things but to attack her and shame her because she is 50 and curvy is quite different.

• Love 3

I agree she looks better in other things but to attack her and shame her because she is 50 and curvy is quite different.

At a certain point women need to realize the "glory days" are over. I don't think Vickie has not come to terms with this in both her dress and behavior. IMO, she is not "curvy" she is overweight and would make herself look less so with better fitting, more conservative clothing.

(edited)

That is not what was said. What was said was that Vicki is fat and disgusting old, sausage armed woman who has the nerve to feel confident enough to celebrate her curves. I agree she looks better in other things but to attack her and shame her because she is 50 and curvy is quite different.

for crying out loud, nobody is "attacking" her....we are discussing her. 

Edited by tulip555
  • Love 1
(edited)

OMG.  Vicki please invest in a 360 mirror.  Why is Lizzie poking her breasts?

I wonder if it's significant that Lizzie wasn't in that reunion picture that Vicki posted and then took back down.

Maybe she'll walk off of the set and quit.

Too bad Tamra doesn't do that.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 1

I just watched Bravo's "First Look" for next week's episode. Tamra is lucky to still have her teeth. Had she stuck her nose and beady eyes into my face and held onto my hands while I was attempting to peel her off me and telling her to get away, I would have taken a blind swing. And listening to Tamra and Heather rationalize and defend the behaviors that triggered Shannon's melt down, made me embarrassed for then. Classy.

David, on the other hand, was kind, mannerly and quite wonderful to Shannon. He managed to support his wife without being overbearing and smarmy (I'm looking at you, Terry)

I think the Beadors unintentionally succeeded in taking the Dubrows down.

• Love 10
(edited)

Or, yes Tamara did tell me about your marriage issues and I discussed them with some friends at lunch. I'm sorry, it was thoughtless of me

Yes, yes, a thousand times, yes. That's all Shannon was asking of Heather. Of course, that would require Her Highness to actually apologize for something.

Edited by beaker73
  • Love 2

I fully admit to wearing tight, cleavage barring clothes in the clubbing days of my very early twenties. What a difference a few years makes! I shudder at some of the stuff I wore and only realize now I mistook skimpy for sexy. In my late twenties I opt for a more refined look, still occasionally showing off my assets, but in a way that is far more tasteful and elegant. I'm so much more confident now than I was at 21 and excited to see how that improves as I move into my thirties.

Because more age and life experience has shown me the error of my (clothing) ways, and increased my self confidence to boot, my outlook has changed. I'm shocked when women that should have the benefit of confidence and age - like Vicky - continue to define sexy in the same way my crazy ass did at 21.

It has nothing to do with Vickis body for me. (I've also criticized J Lo for outfits that I thought were trying far too hard.) I just thought that the older you got, the happier you became with yourself, and didn't do stuff I characterize as immature and insecure to stand out.

• Love 3

I fully admit to wearing tight, cleavage barring clothes in the clubbing days of my very early twenties. What a difference a few years makes! I shudder at some of the stuff I wore and only realize now I mistook skimpy for sexy. In my late twenties I opt for a more refined look, still occasionally showing off my assets, but in a way that is far more tasteful and elegant. I'm so much more confident now than I was at 21 and excited to see how that improves as I move into my thirties.

Because more age and life experience has shown me the error of my (clothing) ways, and increased my self confidence to boot, my outlook has changed. I'm shocked when women that should have the benefit of confidence and age - like Vicky - continue to define sexy in the same way my crazy ass did at 21.

It has nothing to do with Vickis body for me. (I've also criticized J Lo for outfits that I thought were trying far too hard.) I just thought that the older you got, the happier you became with yourself, and didn't do stuff I characterize as immature and insecure to stand out.

IMO, Vicki is not really happy with herself.  She can't seem to function without a man in her life, so now she's got someone who is willing to tell her how attractive she is, and she laps it up.  Look within yourself, Vickie, to find happiness....learn to love yourself....not look for someone else who will tell you how wonderful you are. 

• Love 3

Yes, yes, a thousand times, yes. That's all that Shannon was asking of Heather. Of course, that would require Her Highness to actually admit that she did something wrong.

The thing is Shannon didn't really ask, or more to the point she took about ten minutes of talking around the question before she actually asked. At which point Heather said. "We're talking about Tamara, right?". That's basically a confirmation right there . Yes Heather is evasive when she speaks, but Shannon doesn't really quit even when she finds out what she wants to know.

• Love 2

Yes, but I sill think if Heather just confirmed she heard it from Tamra from the get go all of that nonsense could've been avoided. Instead, Heather beats around the bush and proclaims to Shannon that she owes her nothing.

However--my recollection could be clouded by my hatred of Heather.

• Love 1

That, I understand and agree with.

• Love 1

In one of those pics, I thought Vicki looked like an older Gretchen!

Am I the only one who thinks she looks like an older Gretchen in that pic?

I've always thought Gretchen is very pretty....but no to answer your question

• Love 1
(edited)

Vicki does not dress appropriately for her body type.  Period.  She looks fugly as hell in about 90% of what she wears, age appropriate or not. 

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 2
(edited)

The thing is Shannon didn't really ask, or more to the point she took about ten minutes of talking around the question before she actually asked. At which point Heather said. "We're talking about Tamara, right?". That's basically a confirmation right there . Yes Heather is evasive when she speaks, but Shannon doesn't really quit even when she finds out what she wants to know.

But Shannon hadn't spent those ten minutes beating around the bush (I started to say bush beating to shorten, but sometimes you gotta take the long way), she'd spent them unnecessarily apologizing for *yelling* at Heather....again.   I think what she was looking for exceeded confirmation and once Heather knew that Shannon was also owed some attrition, she was like oh bitch you gotta go.    Heather was perfectly okay when the impression was that all she'd done was simply and innocently repeat comments made by Tamra.  But blame for passing on gossip?  N'uh uh.  Heather strikes me as one of the most self aware in the moment people I've ever seen on tv and not in a good way, in a let me fix this up because it looks pretty bad way.  It is insensitive to get all hands clappy and whispery with some news about the status of your coworker's marriage, especially when you are aware that it was told to you in confidence.  Tamra does not have the sophistication to show remorse about that in the moment, but Heather's a craftier bitch than that.  The weird thing is she'd rather have thrown Shannon out, then simply say, as suggested upthread, yeah you're right I shouldn'tve done that and I'm sorry.    Heather.   Identifier Supreme of when apologies are in order.   That's the real reason she put Shannon out, when folks don't wanna be wrong, instead they get loud.

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 6

Vicki does not dress appropriately for her body type.  Period.  She looks fugly as hell in about 90% of what she wears, age appropriate or not. 

While that may be, there is a different way of saying that than how the OP did. We hide behind our keyboards here and say things we would never say to her face, I get that to some degree, being snarky is one thing but being cruel and downright ugly is another. For some reason it is okay to rip her down because of her body type which is genetic but if someone were to say something negative about someone's race or sexual orientation that would be frowned upon. So I suppose fat people are the only people who's genetic makeup is still okay attack.

• Love 1

While that may be, there is a different way of saying that than how the OP did. We hide behind our keyboards here and say things we would never say to her face, I get that to some degree, being snarky is one thing but being cruel and downright ugly is another. For some reason it is okay to rip her down because of her body type which is genetic but if someone were to say something negative about someone's race or sexual orientation that would be frowned upon. So I suppose fat people are the only people who's genetic makeup is still okay attack.

I was under the impression that we were discussing Vicki's choice of ATTIRE for HER body type. That is all. And, it is not ALL genetic; Could it be Vicki doesn't eat properly, thereby contributing to her weight?

• Love 1

I have to say I really like Shannon. She is extremely honest in her talking heads and is not afraid to admit when she is wrong. Something you almost never see in Real Housewives Land.

I was on my own reality show and you should know that talking heads are scripted. Except if you refuse to read the lines they right for you. I did that so I had very few lines. Occasionally I had to read lines that were exposition and even then I changed them into my own words which drove them crazy.

Some of the guys on the crew worked both NYC and Jersey and said it was basically the same deal. You can tell who is just reading the script and who was more or less speaking from the heart.

I think Tamra, Heather and Lizzie are just parroting words planted by the TPTB. Shannon is doing some exposition but some of it seems pretty heartfelt. Believe it or not I think Vickie and Brianna are both bringing the honesty this season in a refreshing change.

I could be wrong but that is how it seem to me.

• Love 1