Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Grounded

ottoDbusdriver
  • Start Topic

I must have missed something because I don't remember anything about someone wishing Grace to lose the baby, how terrible.

How are they going to be able to save all the passengers? Surely not every person on that plane is living in New York, I guess the passengers in like Minnesota or Texas are screwed.

I bet the baby is born on August 28.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, nixgirl28 said:

I must have missed something because I don't remember anything about someone wishing Grace to lose the baby, how terrible.

The comment was made when Grace ran into the wife of the University professor on the advisory committee who hired Ben.  They met on the street and Grace asked her if something was wrong because she sensed the woman was in trouble.  The woman replied that the only trouble she has is from Grace and her creepy son and that she hoped Grace loses her next child; in effect, she hoped Grace's unborn child would die.

1 hour ago, Jacks-Son said:

The comment was made when Grace ran into the wife of the University professor on the advisory committee who hired Ben.  They met on the street and Grace asked her if something was wrong because she sensed the woman was in trouble.  The woman replied that the only trouble she has is from Grace and her creepy son and that she hoped Grace loses her next child; in effect, she hoped Grace's unborn child would die.

Thanks for the explanation, I don't recall any of that, weird, I'll have to rewatch.  What a horrible thing to say to anyone, especially to someone who's essentially already "lost" a child in a plane disappearance. 

On 1/14/2020 at 1:12 AM, HunterHunted said:

Hey new police captain, if you truly looked through Michaela's records, you'd know that there is usually an 828er, besides Michaela, involved in the case. Even if the new captain is not inclined to believe in the supernatural, there's a whole bunch of unexplainable 828 shit that is actually known by the general public. Furthermore, there are all sorts of cults and groups that worship the 828ers. It's entirely possible that the people who might believe the 828ers had some divine purpose would tell Michaela things they'd never tell other police officers.

The writers are falling down on the job more so than the captain. This is easily a story Michaela could be telling to explain anonymous informants. It's still going to be fishy, but it's a better story than stonewalling.

However, I was confused why Michaela chalked her solving this case up to an anonymous informant. She actually solved it with some (very speedy and convenient) legwork. She went to the room, talked to the roomie, figured out the prints were from the old materials, followed the trail of the badge, and arrested the guy. (IOW, doing Jared's job for him.) Where was the magical component? Did I miss it? 

On 1/28/2020 at 8:25 PM, nixgirl28 said:

This I definitely missed. Even with the explanation provided above, I have zero recollection of that scene! Granted, I don't pay the closest attention.

2 more thoughts:

Saanvi was shutting down Coworker Mole HARD, she seemed cagey and cold. So when she gets to the faux therapist, she has that girly moment of "I think he asked me out! Ooh, and maybe I should get him to help me!" That was confusing. I hope Ben relays the info about the sequencer and gets her to tighten up ASAP. Saanvi may be lovely, but she is gullible. So is Olive, for that matter.

I realize it was for plot purposes, but the 828 College Kid (why am I so bad with names?!) said he had ZERO pics of his mom. So, neither was on Facebook in 2012/13 or whenever they got lost? No one posted anything on FB as a tribute after he disappeared, and then she OD'd? Offline, he has no extended friends or family that had old pics? I get it, they had to make the art piece deeply meaningful. It's just the kind of thing my literal brain pings to.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, snarktini said:

However, I was confused why Michaela chalked her solving this case up to an anonymous informant. She actually solved it with some (very speedy and convenient) legwork. She went to the room, talked to the roomie, figured out the prints were from the old materials, followed the trail of the badge, and arrested the guy. (IOW, doing Jared's job for him.) Where was the magical component? Did I miss it? 

Yes, I cringed when she explained her deductions with "anonymous informant".  She did get a Calling showing the guy's shoes to her, but she could have decided to call his bluff (after all, he was the one on duty that night), and it paid off when he tried to run.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 1/14/2020 at 8:00 PM, KaveDweller said:

I know Jared says otherwise, but when two cops testimonies contradict each other, that is the definition of reasonable doubt. Jared and Micheala are both pretty biased here. Why is he assumed 100% correct and she assumed crazy? 

Because she is an 828er? And because she has been solving cases with "anonymous tips" (AKA the Callings she won't tell them about)?

Edited by Paloma
forgot an important reason
  • Love 1
On 1/25/2020 at 6:41 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

That puts us around mid to late Feb. 2019, and this is confirmed by the Vasik's $89,000 check that was dated Feb. 19.  That check was probably cut the previous day, so that means that S02.E01 probably ends on Feb. 20.  

Amazing how hardy New Yorkers are, having lunch on the sidewalk in February.

• LOL 1
(edited)
On 1/29/2020 at 7:26 PM, nixgirl28 said:

Thanks for the explanation, I don't recall any of that, weird, I'll have to rewatch.  What a horrible thing to say to anyone, especially to someone who's essentially already "lost" a child in a plane disappearance. 

I just watched on Netflix, and I think they deleted the scene. 

ETA: It happens in episode 3.

Edited by Mercolleen
kept watching