Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Breaking Point LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Amy and Tammy eagerly begin their weight loss journey.   Sticking to their diets is a matter of life or death but proves to be a real struggle.  The pressure to reach their goals culminates in a huge fight that threatens their diets and relationship. 

Unfortunately this will be the 1,000 pound sisters breaking point, not the Patrick Swayze/Keanu Reeves classic Point Break.  As we go into yet another week of Amy and Tammy attempting to be amusing through their (off putting and childish) antics, let's remember these great words from Point Break: 

Fuck the stakes Bodhi! The only one that thinks that this is a game is you, man. This is real. This is serious shit, and I am scared.

This is the LIVE CHAT thread.  It will be open during the US East Coast showing. Original air date 2020.01.15

• LOL 2
Just now, aliya said:

I missed it - why couldn't Tammy get in the pool? You'd think it is just what she needs.

There were 5 stairs she'd need to walk down, and she can't put weight on her knees. 

• Love 2

Gotta hand it to 600-lb Tammy for one thing -- she fell on the floor and didn't automatically start warbling and crying about her paaaaaaain. She laughed it off and didn't behave like a toddler. 

Hey...it's faint praise but it's something. 

3 minutes ago, Ivylady said:

Tammy really looks porcine in the face. 🤷🏾‍♀️

I protest!  My grandma kept pigs, and pigs are way cuter!  And have zero fat on the forehead! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

How is Amy gonna buy any food? She walked into the store without a handbag and is wearing a dress with no pockets. Where is she keeping her money?

Did she say she had M&Ms on her turkey and cheese sandwich?

You're not supposed to drink all the shakes at once...

Just now, umgoblue said:

My first episode.  This could be interesting (with closed captioning, of course!).

Oh, they provide subtitles.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
Just now, umgoblue said:

Has the growth on the one sister's forehead (sorry, don't know their names, yet) ever been explained?

I think it was in the first episode where she disclosed it was just fat. 

Just now, umgoblue said:

Point of clarification:

Has the growth on the one sister's forehead (sorry, don't know their names, yet) ever been explained?

Or is it just a fat deposit?

Just now, Giant Misfit said:

I think it was in the first episode where she disclosed it was just fat. 

Thanks, GM!

3 minutes ago, Seasick Cecil said:

Also those shakes are not gross. I drink them all the time. I have lost 30 pounds. 

I am glad they worked for you.  I had to taste them all as part of my training (whatever 7-8 brands were available 15 years ago), and I think they are icky.  Though not as icky as infant formulas (the aminoacid based ones are particularly vile).

2 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

It's just fat.  Has nowhere else to go...

Edited by Hellga
  • LOL 2