Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
BW Manilowe

S10.E14: I hoʻolulu, hoʻohulei ʻia e ka makani (There Was a Lull, and Then the Wind Began to Blow About)

Catching up. Resolution might have been tidy, but the Eddie storyline hit all the emotional buttons it set out to.

On 2/1/2020 at 7:03 AM, MissLucas said:

Well, apart from everything already mentioned about first aid - how about making sure the next car driving along has to stop? If you can't flag down traffic on your own put something on the road instead, a warning triangle, bloody clothes, sticks and stones, anything.

That was exactly my thought. He's got enough bloody shirts to work with, spread one in the middle of the road and at least a passing car would probably slow down long enough for him to get up there.

On 2/8/2020 at 3:20 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

I was over Steve and Danny sniping in the middle of the first season.

Got you beat, I was over it before the show started. (Online radio website I spent a lot of time listening to the summer prior played previews with the 'if you get somebody shot you aPOLogiiiize' line so many times it's still burned into my brain literally a damn decade later, so I was disposed to hate Danny from the jump.)

Eddie is the best actor on this show.

I'm a little bit of a prude so I always avert my eyes during the sex scenes and then peek to see if they're over, but honestly the most disturbing thing about that one was the way Danny's hair was flopping around.

On 2/8/2020 at 10:16 AM, DarkHorse said:

The actress playing Danny's love interest could easily play Angelina Jolie's sister or relative so similar looking.

I was looking at her the entire episode trying to figure out who she looked like and Angelina finally clicked. But not in a "could be her sister" kind of way for me; it's more like she's the woman in your office who looks like Angelina and you tell her that so then she's nice to you for a couple of days.

I had to laugh at Danny limping sadly down the road. Where you think you're going, fool?

• Like 2

On 4/24/2020 at 2:08 AM, fishcakes said:

Eddie is the best actor on this show.

I'm a little bit of a prude so I always avert my eyes during the sex scenes and then peek to see if they're over, but honestly the most disturbing thing about that one was the way Danny's hair was flopping around.

I was looking at her the entire episode trying to figure out who she looked like and Angelina finally clicked. But not in a "could be her sister" kind of way for me; it's more like she's the woman in your office who looks like Angelina and you tell her that so then she's nice to you for a couple of days.

I had to laugh at Danny limping sadly down the road. Where you think you're going, fool?

Years ago I saw an office Christmas party where a woman dressed as Tomb Raider, she looked better than Jolie. I thought of that with your comment. I was disappointed they had to kill her off as I quite liked her (the character in 5-0 not Tomb Raider). 

And what was the point of any of it when Danny just continued on more or less as normal anyway? I expected him to have some kind of wild man phase where he lives in the wilderness a while. 

• Like 2