Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Public Displays of Affection

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, MrSkips said:

Below Deck Alaska. Coming in 2021.

rhylee_fish.jpg

Rhylee is bad ass. She's a bit hair trigger but she gets shit done. I would hire her over Asston. How much damage in dollars has he caused? I'll take mouthy over incompetent any day.

• Love 11
On 1/17/2020 at 7:08 AM, Yours Truly said:

Ashton finds fault in everything Riley does because he has it in for her.

There it is. THAT is the issue. And I've had enough of the Bra/Bro/Bru "Bros before Ho's" mentality from Asshat and the rest of his juvenile male deck crew. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, nokat said:

Rhylee is bad ass. She's a bit hair trigger but she gets shit done. I would hire her over Asston. How much damage in dollars has he caused? I'll take mouthy over incompetent any day.

Me too! Thing is if there isn’t an ego or pride tug of war thing happening then there really isn’t any reason why someone wouldn’t get along with Rhylee. Sounds to me it’s people that need their fragile sensitivities catered to are the ones that would take issue with Rhylees personality.. looking at you BD deck crew.. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

it’s people that need their fragile sensitivities catered to

Yeah. That would be Asston.

I'm still blown away by his physically violent, aggressive outburst on Kate. There is something very wrong with Asston and it goes deeper than excessive alcohol consumption.

He should not be in a supervisory position on a yacht or ANY job. Not even a supervisor at Subway Sandwich. He needs therapy STAT! 5150 ALERT!

Is Asston the guy who got his foot tangled up in the anchor line a few seasons ago? Or was that Jaoa? 

• Love 5
On 1/18/2020 at 10:15 AM, jmcd44 said:

I am a huge Kate fan (I personally love other women) but my Courtney love is starting to get to the same level. I wish I had her self respect in my 20s. 

Re Courtney, you and Kate have the same high opinion of her.  Recently Kate has said her dream interior crew would include Courtney and Josiah, adding that Courtney is very funny.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Re Courtney, you and Kate have the same high opinion of her.  Recently Kate has said her dream interior crew would include Courtney and Josiah, adding that Courtney is very funny.

That would be a great crew. I started out not liking Courtney. I thought she was going to be a whiny diva. Turns out she's actually a pretty damn hard worker. And she's proved willing and able to learn. I think she's just the type that needs to kvetch a bit, but never in front of guests. And it doesn't stop her from getting in there and getting her work done. 

She IS funny. I like her dry sense of humor. And I like the way she's handled the boys/drama of this season. She generally stays calm, above the fray. 

• Love 9
On 1/15/2020 at 1:27 PM, ghoulina said:

So the only way to be a douche is to fight amongst each other? I tend to think ganging up on someone and making their job miserable is worse. Also, there have been plenty of seasons where guys have fought with each on this show.

Women ARE capable of getting along. Bravo just likes to highlight the ones who don't.

The dysfunction or animosity among the women has basically been caused by the men.  The men gang together and bully and talk shit about the women and pit them against each other. Then they sit back and laugh at them. It started with ash and it has gone on to Tanner and Ryan and Kevin, Although Kevin's been a bitch since the beginning.  I can't watch the show anymore with Ashton, I hope they get rid of him.  I don't believe in physical violence, but it makes me wish that there is some man who would haul off and slug Ashton.

8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

That would be a great crew. I started out not liking Courtney. I thought she was going to be a whiny diva. Turns out she's actually a pretty damn hard worker. And she's proved willing and able to learn. I think she's just the type that needs to kvetch a bit, but never in front of guests. And it doesn't stop her from getting in there and getting her work done. 

She IS funny. I like her dry sense of humor. And I like the way she's handled the boys/drama of this season. She generally stays calm, above the fray. 

Not after tonight.   Basically with Ashton's constant comments regarding the women, he has ruined Courtney's relationship with  Ryan. Simone gave in too often and too soon with Tanner to make it Workable.  I know it's hard when you're really  attracted to someone, But it's a long season with a small ship.

On 1/19/2020 at 4:18 PM, chenoa333 said:

I'm still blown away by his physically violent, aggressive outburst on Kate. There is something very wrong with Asston and it goes deeper than excessive alcohol consumption.

He should not be in a supervisory position on a yacht or ANY job. Not even a supervisor at Subway Sandwich. He needs therapy STAT! 5150 ALERT!

Is Asston the guy who got his foot tangled up in the anchor line a few seasons ago? Or was that Jaoa? 

I agree with you he should be at the bottom of the Pole and not at the top. The people in charge should not trash other people with their underlings. He does not know how to be professional.

I don’t find Rhylie to be a bad ass at all.  Just a hot head. Although she has not caused financial loss to the boat, she has not really shone when given the opportunity to do something outside of her job description. She is rude and disrespectful to everyone who crosses her path. I don’t find that something I would want in my work team.   That’s just me. 

• Love 3
On 1/19/2020 at 11:41 AM, chenoa333 said:

There it is. THAT is the issue. And I've had enough of the Bra/Bro/Bru "Bros before Ho's" mentality from Asshat and the rest of his juvenile male deck crew. 

Me too.  I have begun to  FF through Ashton's stuff.  If they bring him back time I will not watch the show.

On 1/18/2020 at 8:15 PM, PaperTree said:

I missed that.  Thanks!

And make Rhylee bosun.  Hilarity ensues  🙂 

Oh I would love it! Riley as bosun and Ashton dropped down to 3rd deck crew.

• Love 4
On 1/15/2020 at 1:27 PM, ghoulina said:

So the only way to be a douche is to fight amongst each other? I tend to think ganging up on someone and making their job miserable is worse. Also, there have been plenty of seasons where guys have fought with each on this show.

Women ARE capable of getting along. Bravo just likes to highlight the ones who don't.

I think the women have been primarily getting along quite well. In close quarters like that there's bound to be some disagreements. They wouldn't probably be having that many if boys weren't acting like such fools and duche's

• Love 1
11 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

I don’t find Rhylie to be a bad ass at all.  Just a hot head. Although she has not caused financial loss to the boat, she has not really shone when given the opportunity to do something outside of her job description. She is rude and disrespectful to everyone who crosses her path. I don’t find that something I would want in my work team.   That’s just me. 

I would think if the team weren't dead set on making one of the crew uncomfortable at all times then there wouldn't be a problem. In Rhylee's case people need to use their adult skills and I know this is an unpopular opinion but I don't think there is anything wrong with adults checking their knee jerk reactions to respond impulsively and/or negatively to anyone who doesn't exhibit what some mistakenly describe as the "standard" way to interact with others. Rhylee lays down how she expects to be treated when dealing with others but because the message isn't delivered in the package of a persons liking then all bets are off and they now have some ridiculous right to treat her terribly.  Having an unfortunate reaction to someone else's mannerisms doesn't automatically give a person the green light to then respond with rudeness and animosity. I think Rhylee is rude when she's being treated rude. Everything else about her personality and mannerisms may be rough around the edges but all too often its mistakenly and conveniently described as disrespectful so as to set her up for retaliation. I don't take a persons abrupt personality personally and I've learned to look passed the surface stuff to get at who the person is before I allow myself the right to be ugly towards them. Sad that people find this to be an offensive task. We should all just show up, follow the script and make sure we don't rub people the wrong way with our individuality. 

Don't get me wrong. I don't like rude and nasty individuals with no self awareness at all but I also don't expect that everyone I come across be absolute perfect saints that exhibit absolutely no traits that would aggravate or annoy me. That's pretty ridiculous. There's a certain amount of maturity I expect most adults to possess that would allow them to not revert to playground bullying over slight disagreements and small grievances.  Seems to me that the only excuse someone needs to treat Rhylee poorly is that her personality doesn't meet the approval of higher, superior beings which I find arrogant and obnoxious. It's called trying to find common ground and at the very least not giving oneself a pass to be nasty just because you don't like someone. I've seen Rhylee bite her tongue and remain calm CONSTANTLY and considering her circumstances I commend her. I also take no issue with her blow ups because no one should be expected to tolerate that level of constant bratement with a smile on her face, which like I said she manages to do pretty often. 

I guess it's because I see how easy it would be to get on with Rhylee. At least for me. People are caught up with how Rhylee is from the onset. She comes on strong and she pulls no punches and a lot of people's initial reactions would be "where's does she get off....." and bam they've decided to turn it into a combative relationship. "Oh, ho, ho, you don't get to come into a situation and make it clear what treatment you will and will not tolerate..." but if you think about it.... Why not? She's referring to herself and her life and her immediate space. She has every right to set boundaries and dictate how she expects to be treated. There isn't really anything wrong with that message. But society dictates that people be more demure, more subtle, more this, more that. Oh well, that's not Rhylee and I don't necessarily think she should be punished for being straight to the point.

People CHOOSE to be offended by it. If it were me, I may have had a few rapid blinks upon meeting Rhylee but then I would be like "Oh okay, this bitch ain't no joke. Ok cool we can be friends. I just have to watch my step with this one cause she ain't about to take no bullshit. Well damn girl, you shouldn't have to and don't worry I've got the message loud and clear, pass the beer!"  LOL. I could choose to be mad that she came all the way in upon arrival but is the message really wrong? Does she not have a right to cut to the chase? We tend to assess a situation based on how it  makes US feel while ignoring that it's a two way interaction.  It's not just one sided. I most likely would have been amused and completely interested in moving forward waiting to see what comes next. Even if I were soured by my first impression of her that's all it is a first impression. I wouldn't have allowed myself to become biased until I've attempted to have a couple more interactions with her all with an open mind and no animosity. Rhylee has proven that she can be lighthearted, friendly, nice and fun and those are the traits I would have chosen to focus on and not her other more abrasive features. I think it's sad when people gravitate towards being negative instead of seeing what they can maybe bring to a situation to lighten it up. Everyone is so resistant to be the one to bring the positive and instead jump at the chance to go down a darker road when presented with the opportunity. The deck crew is a perfect example of this. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2
On 1/17/2020 at 2:34 AM, dleighg said:

I noticed that and was of two minds. Of course, someone has to clean the jacuzzi (Rylee I'm talking to you). That's just truth. But it did seem that Ashton took particular glee giving her the &%$# job while the "boys" did the "manly" things. She did the job, she just bitched about it. I mean, most people don't sing a happy song while doing crap work.

Dude, seriously. I worked retail when in grad school. I bitched (quietly) about folding a table of Christmas sweaters just for people to come along and mess them up. But I kept folding that table (to the point that the guys at the Verizon store across from us would tease me about it). You can not be pleased with what you are doing but as long as you are doing it (and doing it well), who cares? 

On 1/19/2020 at 2:18 PM, chenoa333 said:

My husband and I were discussing this. He is supposedly doing some private training now in LA. If he was your private trainer and you saw this, would you continue to be his client? I wouldn’t. I’d cancel my sessions with him and also my gym membership because I’d be scared about him attacking me because he was angry I didn’t want to work with him anymore!

On 1/21/2020 at 6:48 AM, Yours Truly said:

I would think if the team weren't dead set on making one of the crew uncomfortable at all times then there wouldn't be a problem. In Rhylee's case people need to use their adult skills and I know this is an unpopular opinion but I don't think there is anything wrong with adults checking their knee jerk reactions to respond impulsively and/or negatively to anyone who doesn't exhibit what some mistakenly describe as the "standard" way to interact with others. Rhylee lays down how she expects to be treated when dealing with others but because the message isn't delivered in the package of a persons liking then all bets are off and they now have some ridiculous right to treat her terribly.  Having an unfortunate reaction to someone else's mannerisms doesn't automatically give a person the green light to then respond with rudeness and animosity. I think Rhylee is rude when she's being treated rude. Everything else about her personality and mannerisms may be rough around the edges but all too often its mistakenly and conveniently described as disrespectful so as to set her up for retaliation. I don't take a persons abrupt personality personally and I've learned to look passed the surface stuff to get at who the person is before I allow myself the right to be ugly towards them. Sad that people find this to be an offensive task. We should all just show up, follow the script and make sure we don't rub people the wrong way with our individuality. 

Don't get me wrong. I don't like rude and nasty individuals with no self awareness at all but I also don't expect that everyone I come across be absolute perfect saints that exhibit absolutely no traits that would aggravate or annoy me. That's pretty ridiculous. There's a certain amount of maturity I expect most adults to possess that would allow them to not revert to playground bullying over slight disagreements and small grievances.  Seems to me that the only excuse someone needs to treat Rhylee poorly is that her personality doesn't meet the approval of higher, superior beings which I find arrogant and obnoxious. It's called trying to find common ground and at the very least not giving oneself a pass to be nasty just because you don't like someone. I've seen Rhylee bite her tongue and remain calm CONSTANTLY and considering her circumstances I commend her. I also take no issue with her blow ups because no one should be expected to tolerate that level of constant bratement with a smile on her face, which like I said she manages to do pretty often. 

I guess it's because I see how easy it would be to get on with Rhylee. At least for me. People are caught up with how Rhylee is from the onset. She comes on strong and she pulls no punches and a lot of people's initial reactions would be "where's does she get off....." and bam they've decided to turn it into a combative relationship. "Oh, ho, ho, you don't get to come into a situation and make it clear what treatment you will and will not tolerate..." but if you think about it.... Why not? She's referring to herself and her life and her immediate space. She has every right to set boundaries and dictate how she expects to be treated. There isn't really anything wrong with that message. But society dictates that people be more demure, more subtle, more this, more that. Oh well, that's not Rhylee and I don't necessarily think she should be punished for being straight to the point.

People CHOOSE to be offended by it. If it were me, I may have had a few rapid blinks upon meeting Rhylee but then I would be like "Oh okay, this bitch ain't no joke. Ok cool we can be friends. I just have to watch my step with this one cause she ain't about to take no bullshit. Well damn girl, you shouldn't have to and don't worry I've got the message loud and clear, pass the beer!"  LOL. I could choose to be mad that she came all the way in upon arrival but is the message really wrong? Does she not have a right to cut to the chase? We tend to assess a situation based on how it  makes US feel while ignoring that it's a two way interaction.  It's not just one sided. I most likely would have been amused and completely interested in moving forward waiting to see what comes next. Even if I were soured by my first impression of her that's all it is a first impression. I wouldn't have allowed myself to become biased until I've attempted to have a couple more interactions with her all with an open mind and no animosity. Rhylee has proven that she can be lighthearted, friendly, nice and fun and those are the traits I would have chosen to focus on and not her other more abrasive features. I think it's sad when people gravitate towards being negative instead of seeing what they can maybe bring to a situation to lighten it up. Everyone is so resistant to be the one to bring the positive and instead jump at the chance to go down a darker road when presented with the opportunity. The deck crew is a perfect example of this. 

I have to agree and I think that is also part of the reason why Kate and Rhylee forged a friendship between the two seasons. Rhylee can be really sweet but she also has a very low tolerance for BS. That isn’t something she normally has to control and work on because of what her real job is. You also get back whatever you throw out at her. She approached Ashton calmly and he gave her a bad attitude so she gave it back. She approached Capt Lee respectfully, he responded respectfully, and it was a good discussion. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

He is supposedly doing some private training now in LA.

Just about every young, buff, fit male in L.A. is a "personal trainer". asston probably got a job as a fitness trainer at Curves.😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 1/14/2020 at 6:36 AM, dleighg said:

speaking of diarrhea-- did anyone notice that immediately after the guest talking about his post-donut-binge diarrhea, a cut to Kevin stirring chocolate sauce? Are these editors 10 years old?

And Ashton "This is called Pilah Bay, and that's all I can tell you about it." Amazing tour guide, you are not.

HA... guess he should hav been doing some research!

On 1/15/2020 at 6:42 AM, terrymct said:

The Bru's bitch about Rhylee's knot tying, 

REgarding the knot tying: She and the other one were supposed to tie the knot in the practice ropes he tossed them.  What he should have done was tie the knot HIMSELF to show them how he wants it done.  Then, hand them the ropes, see what they do.  While the knot isn't being made, you say, "here, let me show you again" and just fecking do it, don't listen to her bitching, ignore her!!! He didn't show the other one how to do it either and he said he can't tie knots at all!!!

On 1/15/2020 at 7:23 AM, Yours Truly said:

All I know is that I'm starting to get real tired of how the show little by little veers away from the crew having the basic foundation of working on a yatch. Certain things SHOULD NOT be trial and error.

I TOTALLY agree!!!

I don't give a rats ass that it's a reality show. Make sure you get these reality show fame whores the training they need to at least perform their duties and function safely on the boat throughout the season.

I'm going on my first cruise ship soon and its making me nuts thinking, is this how the crew is?? Are they hopping from bed to bed, getting pissed every night, fighting at every turn?? I'll be watching them!!! LOL

There will ALWAYS be enough drama WITHOUT putting their safety at risk. Watching the dwindling capabilities of the crew slowly diminish with every season (especially the deck crew) is very off putting and rather infuriating. 

Agree again!!  

• Like 1