Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Public Displays of Affection

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, dleighg said:

agree with the basic premise-- but, for example on Top Chef (Bravo), it's pretty equal opportunity in terms of the conflicts that come to mind.  But yeah, People sometimes don't get along.

I don’t watch Top Chef so I appreciate the information. The boys on Southern Charm are trainwrecks and often snarling at each other. Obvi, the Housewives are focused mostly on relationships between women so it probably would have been better for me to say that the Housewives franchise focuses more on disagreements among women than Bravo as a whole network.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, MrsWitter said:

Obvi, the Housewives are focused mostly on relationships between women so it probably would have been better for me to say that the Housewives franchise focuses more on disagreements among women than Bravo as a whole network.

I'm not so sure. The guys of Million Dollar Listing fight constantly and how about Jeff Lewis? He fought with everyone but the animals. I'd say conflict is the lifeblood of Bravo. After all, what is the general reason to want to boot a nice person on any of their shows? They are boring. No conflict. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

I'm not so sure. The guys of Million Dollar Listing fight constantly and how about Jeff Lewis? He fought with everyone but the animals. I'd say conflict is the lifeblood of Bravo. After all, what is the general reason to want to boot a nice person on any of their shows? They are boring. No conflict. 

I agree. That’s why I amended my point to say that the Housewives focus more on the fighting between women, but the network overall is just about messiness in general, irrespective of gender.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I would never sail with an all female crew and I venture that the vast majority of people would agree.

Yeah, I'd never go on a ship with a deck crew made up of such incompetent female deckhands as Connie, Jamie, Baker, Jennice, Lauren or Jen. All weak, dramatic, bitchy and incompetent. 

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/dEdmW17JnZhiU" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/the-office-eye-roll-dEdmW17JnZhiU">via GIPHY</a></p>

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
19 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Brian is mad that Courtney is talking to other people about their relationship and then he promptly goes and talks to other people about their relationship.  The Brus are all assholes.

Bru Brian also told the brus he went down on Courtney. Shut up Brian.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, DrSparkles said:

Bru Brian also told the brus he went down on Courtney. Shut up Brian.

wasn't that Tanner talking about Simone? (They all look alike to me 🙂 )

Edited by dleighg
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I'm wondering why Kate suddenly wants Simone's sloppy seconds.  

I feel for Simone in a way because I'm a black woman who has had condescending bosses.  I have friends who are black women who have even lost their jobs, or had to leave, because their white, female boss found out that they had a life (home, husband, kids) they didn't have.  Seriously, it happens and it's not our imaginations.  From the beginning, Kate favored Courtney and was a little too happy to send Simone to the laundry.

giphy.gif

Rhylee is a horrible employee and Ashton is a horrible boss.

I am not sure what you are saying... that white women bosses are so jealous that they fire black women??  Across the board, or just the single ones??  I won't say this is not true.. but I have never heard of this theory before.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Well she no longer has her King to pay the bills 🤣.  Maybe the OC needs Slutty Jesus Jugs to lighten it up. 

Ummm...that would be Tamra, y'know, since a few years ago, when she got all baptized and everything!   😂

1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

Or Jimmney Cricket.  I feel like reaching thru my t.v. and punching dumb ass Tanner every time he says that

Yes...also - "Jesus Chroisssstttt".....the long, drawn out way that Kevin says it completely grates on my nerves every time!  

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

That would be great!

Maybe we could have a repeat of the USS Fitzgerald! That would some real drama!

I read about the USS Fitzgerald.  My guess is there are women capable of running a bravo yacht.  We don't need Fitz kinda drama!  

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Drunk women never get along. That’s the basis of the whole Housewives franchise. 

19 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Tiny edit.  Now it's truer.

I don't think adding "drunk" makes the statement more accurate at all. I don't watch the Housewives franchise so maybe that's true for those shows. It's certainly not true from my own experience (quite a few years ago) and I imagine other people on this board. As for Below Deck, yes, there have been fights between the women when they were inebriated. However, there have been many more nights shown where the female crew got drunk, danced, laughed and enjoyed their time together.

Edited by Jsage
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I would never sail with an all female crew and I venture that the vast majority of people would agree.

Yes people don’t get along but on most Bravo shows the woman are at each other’s throats and the guys generally get along just fine.

Wow.  How enlightened of you!  I am not sure how you can say that with any certainty.  I want able crew.  I don't care if they are male or female but if they were males, I would hate to know I was supporting douchebags like this crew.  I personally think women could do it and there would be less drama.

• Love 20
5 hours ago, PaperTree said:

It's not the middle of nowhere.

Phuket has a population of about half a million and gets over 9 million visitors a year.

Phi Phi is 25 miles away and gets so many tourists that the government is closing off some scenic areas to let these areas recover environmentally.  The places were getting over 200 boats per day and 5000 visitors.

Looking at the map, these islands are also lined with resorts.

Going there next month.  Yeah there are tons of day tours from Phuket and Krabi.  They said Phi Phi is 46 kilometers from Phuket city/pier.

The Phi Phi islands are suppose to be all in a National Park.  You don't pay to take a boat to the island but if you want to swim and snorkel on those scenic beaches (Maya Bay was featured in The Beach movie), you have to pay an entry fee.

At most, it takes a couple of hours for boats to get from Phi Phi to Phuket.  Krabi is closer supposedly.

If they had to replace Kevin, it would probably take time to fly out Ben or someone to Bangkok, then another flight to Phuket or Krabi.

So maybe a couple of days if the replacement chef rushed out.

It's probably editing and Kevin will last through the end of the charter.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

Do you have a surrogate man you can turn to for guidance? Does your husband not have a caretaker for you?

Thank God we have a male dog because it allows my SO to have someone with a penis watching over me at all times.

Whew! Thank you for that reminder that my tiny girl brain forgot: Mr. Heavysnaxx makes sure there's always an On-Call Male in our - excuse me, his - house by keeping a supply of oysters on hand. As he once explained to me, slowly and using small words, oysters change gender constantly as they grow.

Today, Spats, a South African "bru" oyster known for its tiny size and lack of grit, has taken my request to like a female's post under advisement.

As we all know - the weakest mind of a male bi-valve mollusk is more reliable than the strongest mind of a female anything!

714f3f25cf94f81d797ce864daca226e28e36298fbaf4cf2403f970a61a4889e_1.jpg

Edited by heavysnaxx
  • LOL 17
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, heavysnaxx said:

I wish I could like this post. But my husband's not here to say I can.

Oops!    I meant to hit the laughing emoji but missed and hit the crying one.    Sorry!

• Love 2
13 hours ago, bc1795 said:

The producers will probably pay a little extra to Kate if she beds Tanner down. You know, for drama.

There's a word for that, I think.

Presumably, this would be the same word and fund that applies to the bru-crew member who's been trying, and failing miserably, to hook up with said higher-ranking co-worker throughout the season.

I don't think Ashton's sex-work-adjacent-dancing-for-bigger-tips is in any way shameful - he seems quite good at working it - but, wow, characterizing Kate as a prostitute for potentially f#%&ing a crew member is some weapons-grade gender-based hypocrisy.

But, duly noted. Whatever.

shame.jpg

Edited by heavysnaxx
  • Love 21
22 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Oops!    I meant to hit the laughing emoji but missed and hit the crying one.    Sorry!

I can send Spats the Bru Oyster over to you to explain how to post if you want. As long as he can find Male Coverage to supervise me.

Spats also knows how to tie slip-knots. Until he slips into a female state and becomes a cancer.

Edited by heavysnaxx
  • LOL 19
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Just FYI if you hit again you can change it! 

Thanks!   

Considering my aim, that's good to know.

Edited by AnnA
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
Just now, Jsage said:

Oops! That totally went over my head. Sorry!

It's okay.  Sometimes I forget that people here don't really know me.  I swear I've gotten drunk with my girlfriends and never once flipped a table or brandished the jagged end of a broken wine bottle at any of them.  But then again Bravo's booze budget is a lot higher than mine ever was, so who knows what I might've done under those circumstances?  🍾

Edited by Mondrianyone
Fixed typos. Looked like I was drunk when I posted this!
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I am not sure that it is fair for you to say that racism is the "real issue" considering the many arguments as to why Simone is a crappy stew. We are all entitled to have opinions; it doesn't make one real and the other not.

She’s not the best stew and she’s trying. She’s miles ahead of Caroline who consistently found ways to get out of work. From the beginning of the season Courtney was favored by Kate. Kate is a bully who always has to find one stew to hate. This year it’s Simone, who is being treated worse than Jen and Rocky.

• Love 4

It's not inconceivable that Kate is doing this unconsciously, favoring one underling over another.

Seems like throughout the season, cliques form and then fall apart, new ones form, etc.

Hannah also latches onto one stew or crew member but she doesn't consistently try to put down another.

It brings good drama and confrontation so chances are, it's a deliberate thing.

You would think after all these years of doing the show, Kate wouldn't be easily manipulated by producers into saying or doing things on a show.  Or maybe she has no problems playing along if it keeps the TV money rolling in.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, esco1822 said:

I’m going to disagree strongly with this. Aside from being told she wasn’t a good second stew, I don’t think she’s been treated poorly by Kate at all. I’ll go sit in a corner by myself.

I will sit beside you Esco. 

• Love 24
15 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

And Ashton almost got killed last season because he wasn’t careful with the lines.

Yeah, I’d much rather put my life in the hands of the women than the brus.

You can still see potential problems with the lines this season.  They just wing them anywhere as they bring them in.  That's sloppiness and their general idiocy is how you end up stepping into the middle of a loop of line AGAIN.    The Bru's bitch about Rhylee's knot tying, but if you watch carefully, she's much better at line management and stowing.   The Bru's set that bar fairly low, however.

• Love 12

At this point the bruh's are suffering from Bitch Eating Crackers syndrome. Even when Rhylee is working hard there's gonna be something wrong no matter what. If there's some hiccup in managing some task that they are ALL doing somehow Rhylee is the one managing to make it all worse. You know what, even if she is struggling or what have you it's not like she's resisting doing her job. The way they were all being so pissy about how she was handling the lines and the knots etc. etc. makes it seem like she's purposely shunning her responsibilities when she clearly isn't. 

All I know is that I'm starting to get real tired of how the show little by little veers away from the crew having the basic foundation of working on a yatch. Certain things SHOULD NOT be trial and error. I don't give a rats ass that it's a reality show. Make sure you get these reality show fame whores the training they need to at least perform their duties and function safely on the boat throughout the season. There will ALWAYS be enough drama WITHOUT putting their safety at risk. Watching the dwindling capabilities of the crew slowly diminish with every season (especially the deck crew) is very off putting and rather infuriating.   

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

I’m going to disagree strongly with this. Aside from being told she wasn’t a good second stew, I don’t think she’s been treated poorly by Kate at all. I’ll go sit in a corner by myself.

You don’t have to sit in a corner because we disagree on something.  The world would be so boring if we all had the same opinions. *Slides over coffee cup*.

• Love 13
42 minutes ago, terrymct said:

You can still see potential problems with the lines this season.  They just wing them anywhere as they bring them in.  That's sloppiness and their general idiocy is how you end up stepping into the middle of a loop of line AGAIN.    The Bru's bitch about Rhylee's knot tying, but if you watch carefully, she's much better at line management and stowing.   The Bru's set that bar fairly low, however.

I believe the person who originally said that women don’t get along and they’ll never travel with an all female crew, just says things to be different. I’ve seen them on other message boards for other shows and they’re the same way. I think they have their own brand of humor which most of the times falls flat with everyone else.

16 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

We're going to need a bigger corner.

😂😂 you all can still sit at the table with me and have cyber scones and coffee. We all see things differently and that’s okay. 

• Love 7
On 1/13/2020 at 9:58 PM, PaperTree said:

Sorry Asston.  The reason you’re not getting what you want is because you’re a bad manager and the Capt. told you so.  I’m confident he won’t be able to make it work.

Yep “she’s 3rd and I’ll treat her that way.”

eta 

Courtney is right.  Brian is an idiot. He’s not worth crying over.  

Nice of Kevin to rat her out.  Hilarity to ensue.

Karma! Baby douchebru on the floor!

Goddamn, these guys are the worst! They're gossipy, vindictive, and very, very immature. Let's just finish out the last charter with Rhylee as bosun, and the three stooges can be her bitches.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
On 1/14/2020 at 9:48 AM, Neurochick said:

I'm wondering why Kate suddenly wants Simone's sloppy seconds.  

I get the need for a little action (respect), but Tanner is not only a gross human being but seems like he would be a lousy, lazy lay especially when drunk (which he is, mostly).  Honestly, if she absolutely needs an on deck booty call option she might be better off with Kevin - at least the mutual hatred might make things interesting!

Overall, the cast this season (minus Courtney) is awful and everyone is wrong, it is just levels of wrong.  Rhylee is definitely combative and not easy to get along with, but Ashton is an awful manager, rude, assaultive, and a HR nightmare.  Kate is often rude and dismissive of the stew she doesn't like or thinks is not up to her standards - it is fine to point out areas needing work, but every season there is one stew she not only is curt to but gossips behind his/her back with the other stew etc (this is not what a manager does).  Simone, on the other hand, seems unwilling to accept her faults/current limits and understand that her learning is not the main goal here, it is running the ship.   The male deckhands are gross and stupid.  Kevin is sexist and pissy, and an "eh" chef. The Captain has been ineffective in dealing with this mess.  This level of un-likability tips the show from silly fun into unpleasant to watch at times. 

• Love 11
21 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Based on how well the woman get along on this show I think it is a real possibility.

I know you think all the bro’s are douches but they are not fighting amongst themselves. From the preview we see Rhylee go after Kate. Add in the nonsense between the stews and you have a recipe for a crash.

Women never get along. That’s the basis of the whole Housewives franchise. 

So the only way to be a douche is to fight amongst each other? I tend to think ganging up on someone and making their job miserable is worse. Also, there have been plenty of seasons where guys have fought with each on this show.

Women ARE capable of getting along. Bravo just likes to highlight the ones who don't.

• Love 18