Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S07.E15: Public Displays of Affection

Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

My favorite incident is Diarrhea Kevin from the first episode.  Whoa Mister Dobson!

speaking of diarrhea-- did anyone notice that immediately after the guest talking about his post-donut-binge diarrhea, a cut to Kevin stirring chocolate sauce? Are these editors 10 years old?

And Ashton "This is called Pilah Bay, and that's all I can tell you about it." Amazing tour guide, you are not.

Edited by dleighg
  • Like 11
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

Why take a job completely unrelated to your degree then brag about said degree?

Said degree won't quench the thirst?

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

I hope Captain Lee sticks to his guns and follows through with this.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/below-deck-captain-lee-says-he-will-never-work-with-ashton-pienaar-again.html/

Not sure if I could watch another Asston season.

I have to agree with Kevin on one thing.  I don’t want to hang out with former customers either, but he still gets the "Whiniest Bitch" award for the season.

If he truly goes down, couldn't they call local restaurants and have the meals catered on board?  Or take them to the nicest restaurants in town?

Edited by PaperTree
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Am I the only one who sees zero chemistry between Kate and Tanner? Scripted to stir up some final drama with Simone?

Alex B. is well on her way to a frowsy, drunken, desperate middle age. Her boyfriend seemed a bit embarrassed at her manic behavior.

Ashton is consistent. He can be relied upon to be a jerk in every scene.

 

  • Like 20
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, pasdetrois said:

Alex B. is well on her way to a frowsy, drunken, desperate middle age. Her boyfriend seemed a bit embarrassed at her manic behavior.

I thought her boyfriend was doing what all the deckhand boys are doing-- getting terrified that she sees him as "marriage material" and he's "just having fun." Every time she started saying "let's get married" he looked scared to death.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

The producers will probably pay a little extra to Kate if she beds Tanner down. You know, for drama.

 

There's a word for that, I think.

  • Like 4
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

It was glorious to see Ashton's shock when Capt Lee didn't go along his plan.  Not only wasn't Rhylee fired, Lee told Ashton HE needed to improve as a manager.  Ashton needs more shocks like that in his life.

At first, it seemed like Ashton was going to try to be civil to Rhylee.  They did fine tying up the boat but soon enough he was shooting verbal daggers at her.  Yeah, that's awesome, Ashton.  Insult her as you're pulling away from the Valor to ensure your sad little ego is polished by getting the last word.  

This has to be his last season.   He hasn't posted anything on Twitter since early December, has he?

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

I stand corrected about Captain Lee not having the cojones to back up his colorful statements.  Glad he didn't appease the "men" by firing Rhylee.

Put Rhylee in the interior and Simone as 1st Engineer since she has a math degree and all.  Hell have her be captain - all she needs is someone to train her.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, Lamima said:

I would like to be watching but my cable crapped out the Bravo channel.

I feel asleep😓

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, PaperTree said:

I hope Captain Lee sticks to his guns and follows through with this.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/below-deck-captain-lee-says-he-will-never-work-with-ashton-pienaar-again.html/

Not sure if I could watch another Asston season.

I have to agree with Kevin on one thing.  I don’t want to hang out with former customers either, but he still gets the "Whiniest Bitch" award for the season.

If he truly goes down, couldn't they call local restaurants and have the meals catered on board?  Or take them to the nicest restaurants in town?

Captain Lee treated the charter group to a birthday lunch on land during Season 3 when Leon walked off mid-charter, so it could be done, but I don't know with the Thailand location if that would work.

 

 

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, PaperTree said:

If he truly goes down, couldn't they call local restaurants and have the meals catered on board?  Or take them to the nicest restaurants in town?

I thought the same thing then Captain Lee addressed it...said something like, "we can't lose Kevin. I can do the other stuff but I'm not a chef, I'm a line cook...and we're in the middle of nowhere (implying no restaurants nearby)."

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Considering he's a goofy, overgrown child, Tanner gets a lot of opportunities with women.

Edited by LaLaLaLa · Reason: Rephrase
  • Like 13
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, LaLaLaLa said:

I thought the same thing then Captain Lee addressed it...said something like, "we can't lose Kevin. I can do the other stuff but I'm not a chef, I'm a line cook...and we're in the middle of nowhere (implying no restaurants nearby)."

It's not the middle of nowhere.

Phuket has a population of about half a million and gets over 9 million visitors a year.

Phi Phi is 25 miles away and gets so many tourists that the government is closing off some scenic areas to let these areas recover environmentally.  The places were getting over 200 boats per day and 5000 visitors.

Looking at the map, these islands are also lined with resorts.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

14 hours ago, pieinmyeye said:

Grow up, Simone. If the kiss they were referring to was that peck Tan Tan and Kate shared in the van, why do you give a shit? Why give a shit about anything they may have done?

I'm wondering why Kate suddenly wants Simone's sloppy seconds.  

I feel for Simone in a way because I'm a black woman who has had condescending bosses.  I have friends who are black women who have even lost their jobs, or had to leave, because their white, female boss found out that they had a life (home, husband, kids) they didn't have.  Seriously, it happens and it's not our imaginations.  From the beginning, Kate favored Courtney and was a little too happy to send Simone to the laundry.

giphy.gif

Rhylee is a horrible employee and Ashton is a horrible boss.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Like 9
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

Even Ashton looked like “wtf dude?” when Brian was talking about how he started the conversation over text so Brian should have realized he was completely wrong right then and there!

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Just catching up on the aftershow videos on bravotv.com. Turns out Brian was more of a player than we thought! Not sure if this falls under the category of spoilers so I won't get specific but if you're interested, take a look. 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, mytmo said:

I stand corrected about Captain Lee not having the cojones to back up his colorful statements.  Glad he didn't appease the "men" by firing Rhylee.

Put Rhylee in the interior and Simone as 1st Engineer since she has a math degree and all.  Hell have her be captain - all she needs is someone to train her.

He doesn't have the power to "fire" anyone.

The producers make the casting decisions and Lee is just one of the cast members.

They obviously want Rhylee around because despite promising Lee to do better, it looks like she blows up again next episode, this time at her BFF Kate.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, dleighg said:

And Ashton "This is called Pilah Bay, and that's all I can tell you about it." Amazing tour guide, you are not.

Yet Riley's supposed to be the moron for not knowing which waters they're allowed to fish in. He's such a hypocrite.

 

4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Am I the only one who sees zero chemistry between Kate and Tanner? Scripted to stir up some final drama with Simone?

I don't think Tanner is capable of having chemistry with ANYONE. He has no "game". He's about as suave as a dishrag. As for Kate, I think she just REALLY REALLY wants to get laid and let off some of that pent up aggression. She doesn't seem to have the time or energy to deal with a strange local; and Tanner is the least offensive, "single" guy on the boat. I think that's all there is to it.

2 hours ago, LaLaLaLa said:

I thought the same thing then Captain Lee addressed it...said something like, "we can't lose Kevin. I can do the other stuff but I'm not a chef, I'm a line cook...and we're in the middle of nowhere (implying no restaurants nearby)."

Yea, I think for that to work they'd have to stay anchored in the harbour. And what would be the point of that? The guests want to see that beautiful scenery.

39 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Just catching up on the aftershow videos on bravotv.com. Turns out Brian was more of a player than we thought! Not sure if this falls under the category of spoilers so I won't get specific but if you're interested, take a look. 

It wouldn't surprise me. When he all of a sudden started talking about his daughter, I got the impression that he had a little something going on back home (maybe even with the mother of his child) and was panicking about bringing his thing with Courtney into the real world. 

I'm completely unaware of anything - this is all just speculation.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, dleighg said:

And Ashton "This is called Pilah Bay, and that's all I can tell you about it." Amazing tour guide, you are not.

This from the guy that went to the captain to complain about Rhylee not professionally preparing enough for her excursion. 

Oops, Mr Miner beat me to it

Edited by Sampson · Reason: Hadn't read through the whole thread
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, esco1822 said:

If Rhylee were a dude, she wouldn't need to have an attitude. 

If Rhylee were a dude and acted the way she did he would have got his ass kicked and/or would have been fired last year and never rehired this year.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Alexis and all that PDA and jumping on her new SO was just really vomit-inducing.  She acted like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth while on the RHOC.  And I agree, she's got a new agent but this reality teevee star business can't be THAT lucrative?  I mean, Marriage Boot Camp Family Edition?  That all seemed like a whole buncha nuttin, with the exception of her trying to get it on with that Cory guy's brother. She's kinda acting slutty Jesus Jugs now! 

Well she no longer has her King to pay the bills 🤣.  Maybe the OC needs Slutty Jesus Jugs to lighten it up. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I'm wondering why Kate suddenly wants Simone's sloppy seconds.  

I feel for Simone in a way because I'm a black woman who has had condescending bosses.  I have friends who are black women who have even lost their jobs, or had to leave, because their white, female boss found out that they had a life (home, husband, kids) they didn't have.  Seriously, it happens and it's not our imaginations.  From the beginning, Kate favored Courtney and was a little too happy to send Simone to the laundry.

giphy.gif

Rhylee is a horrible employee and Ashton is a horrible boss.

I agree with you on the Kate/Simone situation 100%. The fact that people refuse to see the real issue is astounding.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Seems like this entire season is just one continuous douche move from the men.  

They are all completely annoying, and I'm super-pissed that this particular group of mysognynistic assholes have completely ruined one of my favorite shows!  

I would like to see an entire female crew.  This season of douchebags killed the show.

  • Like 10
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I would like to see an entire female crew. 

Bravo (& many others) would disagree with you. 

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, PaperTree said:

It's not the middle of nowhere.

Phuket has a population of about half a million and gets over 9 million visitors a year.

Phi Phi is 25 miles away and gets so many tourists that the government is closing off some scenic areas to let these areas recover environmentally.  The places were getting over 200 boats per day and 5000 visitors.

Looking at the map, these islands are also lined with resorts.

This is exactly why guests hopping on a yacht might not want to get off in Phi Phi to eat.  Phuket is overrun by cheap Aussie travel packages, backpackers and all in between.  
 

I want to eat my food on a yacht and look beyond....!  Omg! I am so happy to be off the beach.  🤣  Krabi is the serene sophisticated spot. 
 

Then again....this is Alexis  Chinillo. She probably has no idea where she is at.

 

Anyone, catch Alexis on Marriage Bootcamp? She was acting the same  loved up way with Corey Feldman’s brother.

 

After this trip is when she did her scenes on RHOC.  Alexis told us she had just returned from 2 weeks (?) in Thailand with her new man!  She was happy in her post-divorced life!
 

Alexis is working and having fun!

The crew said they were very laid back, so this is good.

 

13 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

In a world where Simone was actually good at service (knew how to pour a beer, make an iced coffee, open a bottle of wine, cut a lemon) and did not actually say she loves laundry, I might see your point. If she had been kept in laundry and never got an opportunity to do service (which up to this point she has not appeared to get better at), I might also see your point. However, all of these things are true so I'm going to have a hard time hopping on the Kate is racist bandwagon. Unlike Simone, Courtney picked things up quickly in service and seemed eager to learn. When given the opportunity to learn...HOW TO POUR A BEER, Simone declined. When put on service, instead of asking the guests if they needed anything, she instead took the time to flirt with Tanner in earshot of the guests. She just wasn't good enough in service and i'm not actually sure she was good enough in laundry considering the crew has mentioned on the after shows that there was problems with the laundry all season. She was hired as a second stew because she supposedly was experienced. Her experience did not show when asked to perform basic tasks of a second stew so she was sent to do the laundry and take on more 3rd stew responsibilities.  That really is all there is to it and Captain Lee has repeatedly confirmed it. 

I always thought Simone was fine doing the laundry.  But, when Simone got on with Tanner this is when she started complaining. She wanted to be on deck for the opportunities to socialize with him.

 

After Tanner cooled it off with her......Simone seemed fine doing the laundry again.  It looks like she was doing a lot of both.  Service & Housekeeping.
 

 The attention shifted to Rhylee & deck crew.
 

And, now we are back to Simone...?... 🙄

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I would like to see an entire female crew.  This season of douchebags killed the show.

That would be great!

Maybe we could have a repeat of the USS Fitzgerald! That would some real drama!

 

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I would like to see an entire female crew.  This season of douchebags killed the show.

You should check out the documentary Maiden!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Why is Mr Bad Back dancing an Irish jig exactly!?

I never want to hear “bru” again in my life please. 

Or Jimmney Cricket.  I feel like reaching thru my t.v. and punching dumb ass Tanner every time he says that

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Phuket has a population of about half a million and gets over 9 million visitors a year.

watching the bar "scene" made me realized that I "missed so much" /s in my drinking-years-20s as I was a grad student and partying meant 10 people in an apartment, spaghetti and red sauce, and a gallon jug of gallo. 

 

2 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

This is exactly why guests hopping on a yacht might not want to get off in Phi Phi to eat.  Phuket is overrun by cheap Aussie travel packages, backpackers and all in between.

That would certainly be my feeling!

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

If Rhylee were a dude and acted the way she did he would have got his ass kicked and/or would have been fired last year and never rehired this year.

Nah, she probably would have been promoted to Bosun or at least Lead Deckhand. Those seem to be the positions of choice for dudes with anger issues. 

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

 Based on how well the woman get along on this show I think it is a real possibility.

I know you think all the bro’s are douches but they are not fighting amongst themselves. From the preview we see Rhylee go after Kate. Add in the nonsense between the stews and you have a recipe for a crash.

Women never get along. That’s the basis of the whole Housewives franchise. 

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Like 3
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

People sometimes don’t get along. That’s the basis of reality television. Bravo just likes to focus more on the women. 

agree with the basic premise-- but, for example on Top Chef (Bravo), it's pretty equal opportunity in terms of the conflicts that come to mind.  But yeah, People sometimes don't get along.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I would never sail with an all female crew and I venture that the vast majority of people would agree.

Yes people don’t get along but on most Bravo shows the woman are at each other’s throats and the guys generally get along just fine.

 

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Like 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size