Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Jericho

PWHCHCH
  • Start Topic

Leanne acts out at Dorothy after learning the truth about baby Jericho

Holy hell what a tense episode. Knowing that Jericho was going to die and just waiting for it to happen, wondering if each misstep was the event had me on the edge of my seat. 

well done show and well done to Lauren Ambrose she was fantastic this episode. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Damn Leanne was burning people left right and centre. 

“It tastes like bruised fruit, like an apple that was left out in the sun”

and her comment about Dorothy’s post baby weight. 

Edited by GSManiac
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, GSManiac said:

Damn Leanne was burning people left right and centre. 

“It tastes like bruised fruit, like an apple that was left out in the sun

and her comment about Dorothy’s post baby weight. 

Eeep!! I really need to stop reading the forums before watching the episode...🙈

That was a heartbreaking episode. We knew what was coming as soon as Dorothy commented on the high temperatures. 

So did Sean put some of the tainted omelette in the ceviche to see if Dorothy would get sick? 

It’s a toss-up for best line tonight. Julian’s “But is it a name that gets pussy?” or when the substitute reporter did the (awful) segment when Dorothy was sick. “I asked some local humans what this means to them.”

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, ferjy said:

So did Sean put some of the tainted omelette in the ceviche to see if Dorothy would get sick? 

My take on it is this. It started when Leanne unintentionally “spiked” the omelette  with cayenne pepper. When Shawn asked if she had added it yet, she lied and said no. So when Shawn told her it would make Dorothy  sick, Leanne decided to intentionally feed it to her anyway. Shawn then asked Leanne to taste the blowfish and taunted her by saying that if he had prepared it wrong, Leanne could die. Leanne followed that up by taunting Shawn by saying it tasted like an Apple that had been left out in the sun. 

it’s all so cat and mouse and I love it. 

Edited by GSManiac
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, GSManiac said:

My take on it is this. It started when Leanne unintentionally “spiked” the omelette  with cayenne pepper. When Shawn asked if she had added it yet, she lied and said no. So when Shawn told her it would make Dorothy  sick, Leanne decided to intentionally feed it to her anyway. Shawn then asked Leanne to taste the blowfish and taunted her by saying that if he had prepared it wrong, Leanne could die. Leanne followed that up by taunting Shawn by saying it tasted like an Apple that had been left out in the sun. 

it’s all so cat and mouse and I love it. 

That was a great scene. Leanne gave as good as she got. But I don’t think it was cayenne pepper she put in the omelette. She took something from a grayish dish that she sprinkled into the omelette, the cayenne was in a brown dish. It was probably just salt. I think she put something else into the omelette offscreen. Either poison or more likely herbs that induce vomiting. She doesn’t seem to want to kill Dorothy as much as taunt her. 

• Love 2

Didn’t Leanne swallow a pearl last time at the end though while starting at Dorothy? It seems things she does like underline the words and put the names does things to the person. Maybe swallowing the pearl had something to do with the vomiting? IDK this show can be hard to follow.

The baby stuff was sad. I guess she was tired and didn’t realize she hadn’t fed her baby for hours but it probably didn’t matter anyway as within an hour he was probably dead. My kid is 10 (almost 11) and this episode freaked me out and I don’t even have to check my car for a baby and haven’t for about 9/10 years. Now I guess we need to figure out what is going on with Leanne and why there is sometimes a real baby.

On 1/11/2020 at 12:51 PM, LittleIggy said:

That was heartbreaking. I sometimes wonder if putting baby seats in the back seats has killed more babies than it  has saved.

With their backs placed against the front seat so you can't see them through the rear view mirror. 

• Love 1