Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Deputy Down

After a mysterious shooting leaves one of their own injured, Bill and the team go out on a mission to find the shooter. Charlie attempts to get answers about what happened during the shooting, leading Joseph to a revelation. Meanwhile, when Undersheriff London tries to take control of the department, Bill reminds him who is in charge.

Airing Thursday, January 16, 2020.

Did anyone watch this?  I don’t know if I can continue.  I guess I wasn’t completely paying attention because I didn’t get the ending when Bill went into the house and the guy knew him?  Or was he just delusional?  I love Stephen Dorff and find him attractive and a good actor.  He was great on True Detective and I was so happy that he got such a high profile gig on HBO and now a new show on a Fox but this show could be a lot better.  Also the camera angles are sometimes not flattering to him or anyone on this show.  

Edited by Laurie4H
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Laurie4H said:

Did anyone watch this?  I don’t know if I can continue.  I guess I wasn’t completely paying attention because I didn’t get the ending when Bill went into the house and the guy knew him?  Or was he just delusional?  I love Stephen Dorff and find him attractive and a good actor.  He was great on True Detective and I was so happy that he got such a high profile gig on HBO and now a new show on a Fox but it’s disappointing.  Also the camera angles are sometimes not flattering to him or anyone on this show.  

image.png

image.jpeg

The guy was mentally ill who went from he knew him to the Sheriff was his father at the drop of a hat.  After his mom came out with the medication while the SWAT incident commander wanted to go into breach and kill mode the Sheriff being who he is went in alone.But there are some big problems in this Sheriff's department from the sniper who fired, to the point that he missed so wildly.

Only 90 more days to the special election. Everybody took on the how dare he look when the Under Sheriff used the "acting Sheriff" term.  Bill has yet to announce that to remain a lawman he has no choice but to run for Sheriff. There still is the weirdnest of its seems like he is talking about a small office, not 10,000 deputies but in the next moment they talk about the "city" as if they are the only lawmen around and an even larger LAPD doesn't exist in this world.

In all a better episode than the second. But not a must watch show, or even a stay up to watch this one as it drops into the catch episodes later category.

I watched the Richard Pryor special on a competing station, but turned over during commercials so saw a bit of this. They are still all in with the backlit scenes so viewers feel like they are looking into the setting sun with no visor to shield their retinas from being burned out. Plus the hand-held camera work, camera held by an epileptic with the DT shakes, was still there. Then the washed-out color, what's up with that. It's like all the outdoor scenes are yellow and brown besides being so under exposed. It's horrible, show people. What you are doing is not "art."

I did see the end where Stephen and his wife are riding horses, then get off and walk away from them to stand and emote over the LA skyline. All I could think was, where were the horses, they just left them there, no ground tying and no tying at all. I get off my horse and walk away, and he walks away too, in the other direction. WTH was up with that stupid make-believe scene.

Although I guess it matches other make-believe scenes, so there's that. I don't care enough to watch online, and maybe I'll watch next week. If some shiny object doesn't distract me.

1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

I did see the end where Stephen and his wife are riding horses, then get off and walk away from them to stand and emote over the LA skyline. All I could think was, where were the horses, they just left them there, no ground tying and no tying at all. I get off my horse and walk away, and he walks away too, in the other direction. WTH was up with that stupid make-believe scene.

Although I guess it matches other make-believe scenes, so there's that.

Those aren't just any horses. They're Trigger's grand-kid horses. Doncha know.

• LOL 2

I was still on the fence but I found this episode engrossing. I think I'm in for the duration. Loved Brian Van Holt in Cougartown and I'm enjoying his portrayal of a very different character here. Stephen Dorff is chewing the scenery in an entertaining way.

• Love 2