Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: The Line

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

Desperate for her crew to have some “evil oomph,” Harley breaks the Queen of Fables out of prison – only to find that the storybook-themed villain is maybe a little TOO evil for her tastes. Now, Harley has to extricate herself from Fables without leading to the destruction of her crew.

I love this group so much. I don't have any idea how, like, The Joker, manages to get henchmen, but if I lives in this cartoon I would gladly join Team HQ just so I could hang out with them. Even with my favorite, Poison Ivy, off doing her own story, the others still manage to maintain a great dynamic with each other. 

So do you think Kite Man wears and opens that thing during sex? Oh, who am I kidding? Of course he does. I'm sure he makes puns while he does it, too.

King Shark is wonderful. This show has the absolute best version of... most of its characters!

And the writers know these people inside and out. Often I'll realize something about a character, such as Ivy's tendency to protesteth too much about her asociality, weeks before it's revealed as canon. There's pretty good depth for something that makes me laugh off so often.

The play on Ruth's Chris - Martha's Bruce - was priceless, but when the Three Little Pigs showed up with silverware in hand I just about died!

Also, the thing about the Queen of Fables being trapped in the tax code book was "true" - it happened in JLA #49 (2001).

• Useful 1

I don't like it when they pretend that Harley ISN'T a real villain. That was actually something I appreciated about this show until this episode. That she's an actual bad guy that kills people.

But in this one all of a sudden she doesn't? Since when? Pretty sure she and Joker were killing all those dudes on that boat in the first episode, right? And sorry, but to be the Joker's girlfriend, you do have to be a murderer, because he absolutely is (he was literally wearing some guy's face and Harley didn't give a shit).

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ruby24 said:

I don't like it when they pretend that Harley ISN'T a real villain. That was actually something I appreciated about this show until this episode. That she's an actual bad guy that kills people.

Ivy has a line of not letting the Bar Mitzvah boys die. King Shark bites off heads, but gets grossed out by the Wolf Carnage...maybe their collective line is avoiding collateral killing...

• Love 1

Harley probably has no qualms about killing people who are "in the business" from either side. That means heroes, sidekicks, security guards, rival villains/henchmen, cops, white collar crime bigwigs, and so forth. And I don't think she cares much if a place she blows up ends up starting a fire that burns down a hospital later, because that's peripheral enough that she can just ignore it. And bear in mind, QoF killing innocents was still not a deal breaker as far as Harley wanting to remain friends with her. It just wasn't Harley's style, which means it was taking away from the fun. And while Harley's jobs may have material goals, she is still very largely into it just to have fun.

Plus, her motif is comedy. And, in comedy, punching down tends not to be quite as funny as punching up. Hence, some targets not really being worthy of a massacre. 

• Love 6