Type keyword(s) to search

Nurses - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Did anyone watch the premier of Nurses on Global TV in Canada last night? 

While it wasn’t great I thought I was OK. I thought the way they dealt with Grace learning that the patient she was caring for and comforting was the perpetrator of the car attack was good.

• Love 3

Watched it last night. Thought it was good for a start.  Love to see the development of background character stories especially why Naz is being called princess.

Thought Wolf would crack a Sinead O'Connor joke when he found out head nurse's name.

Grace calling her "boyfriend" at the end and it turns out that its Sav from Degrassi (!!!!)  and he's getting married so Grace is the other gal.

Yep I will be watching.

• Love 1

I did watch on Monday and I enjoyed it. It's a show that's really right up my alley, and I'm always a sucker for Canadian medical shows. 

It'll be fun to watch. I'm not looking for anything too serious anyway, so it looks like this show is going to be entertaining enough.

• Love 3

Anyone catch last night episode?  I was expecting Grace got fired because of the Doctor she is seeing, not what actually happened.  But I am glad it shut up the other nurse who was being all mean girl to her.

The girl with CF and her smoking really pissed me off.   I can understand her anger but smoking to kill her lungs sooner was overly selfish.

Didn't much care for Naz's storyline. If the case was that she was very wealthy, I want to know why she didn't become a doctor instead of a nurse?

I did like the ex football player's background story.  

• Love 2

Well, I guess I should be glad that Wolf isn't a drug addict, like so many other shows go for. I guess him having leukemia is a decent enough twist on an old trope. But yeah, smoking CF girl was annoying me to no end. Girl, get off the smokes! 

Naz's reveal was really weird. So, she never learned how to make a bed, she pawned off those responsibilities to others in school and...ok? I can't say that I cared for it.

Other main chick who's not Naz or Grace is awful. I really don't care about her; I don't even remember her name! And she's dating Wolf, right? It's hard to really tell because most of the time, they don't seem like a couple. 

Grace's reveal was...alright. I'm not a huge fan of Grace because she's clearly the lead and has a very distinct storyline. I was fully expecting some other reveal in how she was trying to be a doctor first and then had to go into nursing after the incident in the OR. She just seemed to be acting like a doctor a lot of the time. 

Keon's story was alright. But is he really on his way to hook up with Maryse from Shadowhunters? Similarly to Grace hooking up with the doctor dude. I figure once two characters get stuck on the same rotation with the exact same doctors that it's likely a hook-up/relationship set-up. With both of them working with the same doctors two episodes in a row now, it's also just very obvious what they're going to do.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Naz's reveal was really weird. So, she never learned how to make a bed, she pawned off those responsibilities to others in school and...ok? I can't say that I cared for it.

Yeah, half the kids going off to college/university these days don't know how to make beds! Hell, even nurses need to learn hospital corners; it's not like they're born with the innate ability. 

On 1/15/2020 at 12:34 AM, auchic said:

Hell, even nurses need to learn hospital corners; it's not like they're born with the innate ability. 

Also nurses aren't usually making beds anymore.  If the show wants to be current they need to make sure they emphasize that nowadays there are usually very clearly defined duties that registered nurses do as opposed to practical nurses and nursing assistants (who have different titles depending on province and/or hospital).

Edited by PennyPlain
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Caught epsiode 3 after I watched The Good Doctor. So my Monday nights are now medical overload!

P.S. - I did not learn these people's character names. I had to IMDB them.

Colour me surprised that Ashley (snakry mean nurse) isn't Wolf's gf but just his roommate and a former Christian because she turned gay and doesn't pray anymore?!?!  WTH!?!?  I can see her becoming an alcoholic. She cannot take the stress of the job.

Nazneen's mom was a Bollywood star and she was a bollywood star as well? I'm guessing they are going with a similar storyline as Keon.  I'm guessing something happened on set with her brother which she then wanted to pursue nursing.

The merge with all 3 hospitals and bringing in Dr. Douche to terrorize Grace is going to push her over the edge. 

1 minute ago, greekmom said:

Colour me surprised that Ashley (snakry mean nurse) isn't Wolf's gf but just his roommate and a former Christian because she turned gay and doesn't pray anymore?!?!  WTH!?!?  I can see her becoming an alcoholic. She cannot take the stress of the job.

Yeah, I had thought Ashley was Wolf's gf because I thought I remembered her first scene being in Wolf's bed? Or maybe they were just roommates and not sleeping in the same bed. 

As for her storyline...alrighty, then. It doesn't excuse her shitty personality for the first two episodes. I felt a bit bad for her losing her first patient, but...not so sure I'm all thrilled about her storyline with her new girlfriend. But we'll see, I guess. The series is still very early on so there's room for her to grow.

Meanwhile, Grace is a shitty human being with sleeping with a taken man and not caring about it. But with Dr. Sexual Harasser seeming to come into the fold soon, I guess we'll see how that plays out.

Naz's storyline, once again, just made me go "ok, and?" I need to see a bit more. I did like her scene with her mother. That could interest me more.

Not a whole lot of Wolf or Keon this time around.

• Love 1
On 1/21/2020 at 12:30 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Meanwhile, Grace is a shitty human being with sleeping with a taken man and not caring about it. But with Dr. Sexual Harasser seeming to come into the fold soon, I guess we'll see how that plays out.

If I had to put a wager on storylines I am hedging that Grace met Lawyer before he got engaged and he had to get engaged to said girl due to cultural issues. 

• Love 2
On 1/17/2020 at 8:44 AM, PennyPlain said:

If the show wants to be current they need to make sure they emphasize that nowadays there are usually very clearly defined duties that registered nurses do as opposed to practical nurses and nursing assistants (who have different titles depending on province and/or hospital).

Good point. Do we know if they are RNs or LPNs (or I guess RPN, since the show is set in Toronto)? 

I really liked the last episode. It was great learning more about Naz. She's trying so hard to be enthusiastic about everything; is that due to growing up as a celebrity's kid? 

It's too bad they made Ashley so unlikable in the first couple episodes, because her plotline could be a good one. But I just don't care about her.

Not enough of the guys. And damn Grace, you're just barely holding on, aren't ya?

Ashley's patient who died was played by Sheila McCarthy, who has been in a million things, and the throat doctor was played by Zachary Bennett, who played Felix on Road to Avonlea

Okay. This show is set in Canada. I would think that a hospital employee would have a drug plan.  And sure it’s not perfect but buying street level drugs for his illness?  Please explain what I’ve missed out regarding this.

And the hazing crap by the senior nurse - give me a break. Nurses I know in hospitals have some fun but is this juvenile nonsense for real?

Edited by kb3
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, kb3 said:

This show is set in Canada. I would think that a hospital employee would have a drug plan. And sure it’s not perfect but buying street level drugs for his illness?

Maybe there's a probation period? Or it's not 100% coverage? It's still absolutely stupid, but if it's just a one-time emergency thing, that might make it a little less stupid?

Ashley is growing on me.

On 2/4/2020 at 8:38 PM, kb3 said:

Okay. This show is set in Canada. I would think that a hospital employee would have a drug plan.  And sure it’s not perfect but buying street level drugs for his illness?  Please explain what I’ve missed out regarding this.

And the hazing crap by the senior nurse - give me a break. Nurses I know in hospitals have some fun but is this juvenile nonsense for real?

Only full time employees would get a drug plan. And benefits may not kick in until after the probationary period which is about 6 months if I remember correctly.

I have been nursing for over 30 years and have never seen hazing done. But maybe I am just naive.

• Useful 2
On 2/5/2020 at 9:48 PM, Pepper the Cat said:

Only full time employees would get a drug plan. And benefits may not kick in until after the probationary period which is about 6 months if I remember correctly.

That sounds about right. Either way, at least this plot is...interesting, in a way. And since Wolf was picking up so many additional shifts, it makes sense that he probably wouldn't have the luxury of the benefits yet. Plus, it's possible that the drugs that Wolf has to take aren't fully covered, even if he DID have full benefits. I don't mind it yet. It's at least a twist on the same old boring tropes that shows like to pull. But since Wolf hasn't done anything illegal (yet?), I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. 

It does add an interesting dilemma: Wolf needs these drugs but can't afford them anymore. So how far is he willing to go to get them? 

I just caught up with the last episode. Now, I like that Grace stepped in to protect Naz but wouldn't it be better if she just told Naz about what Dr. Hamilton did to her? That would probably cause less drama that will come once Naz starts getting pissed off at Grace overstepping, all because she wouldn't understand otherwise. It worked out for now, but Grace is really better off letting Naz know, just like how Ashley knows. 

Ashley's gotten better. I still don't know why they had her so unlikeable for the first two episodes. She's a lot better now.

Keon's great, but I still don't know about his relationship with Dr. Maryse from Shadowhunters. 

• Love 1

I was pleasantly surprised by this show. I thought that all the exciting stuff was with doctors because on other shows they do all the big decisions but this show manages to make what the nurses do interesting.

I have never heard of nurses hazing in any of the hospitals I've worked in. I'm guessing from the imdb comments that the show is unrealistic but it's low key enough that it's not outrageous as it is on a show like Chicago Med, New Amsterdam or Grey's Anatomy.

The showrunner is Adam Pettle whose previous shows include King, Saving Hope, The Detail and Burden of Proof. The only one of those shows I really liked but it's fairly good credentials.

In the last episode, I liked Keon's story. Okay, I like Keon. I don't know what Grace was thinking to put herself in the surgery. If she does tell her therapist (which she should have weeks ago), she will be less believable now.

I don't know why Wolf isn't on the Trillium Drug Plan for low income people unless it's one of the things the current government has eliminated.

The psychological tests for work should have been given by someone in HR, not the therapist.

• Love 1

And...Wolf is going through with being a drug dealer for shady janitor dude. I mean....they presented a good enough reason for Wolf to be desperate enough to go through with it. It's still wrong, but I empathize with him completely. How he was taking so many shifts just to get paid enough, but made a mistake that almost killed a patient and that's what led him to finally go through with it? Yes, it's wrong for him to do it and he'll have to pay for the consequences of his actions if and when he gets caught, but...he's in between a rock and a hard place (assuming he's tried everything before resorting to this). 

I just like that it's a twist on typical tropes. It puts Wolf in a grey area. 

I did like Damien's friend, though. I can't blame Damien for yelling at Wolf, either.

Grace is a lot more likeable when not interacting with any of her love interests or sexual harasser. She did well with the two girls. But yeah, she finally dumped her secret boyfriend because he was being a jackass about Hamilton. Unfortunately, I still don't feel a whole lot of sympathy since she was still actively in a relationship with a taken man, but I guess we don't know WHAT his relationship is with his fiancee....but nah, still wrong. Hopefully that's the end of that (even though I do like the actor playing Grace's now ex boyfriend).

Keon and Dr. Maryse (I genuinely don't know the character's actual name so oops) is going to piss me right off, I know it. You just know that they're NOT going to keep it professional and they'll get caught by somebody. 

Ashley is so great now. 

I agree. I actually like Ashley right now that she took the stick out from up her ass.

Wolf situation I am super confused. It should have taken Wolf to be a nurse 3-4 years I would think.  Wasn't he struggling then to make money to pay for school (what would not have been covered by OSAP)  living and his drugs? I mean at best he would have had 1 part time job during the year and probably a full time job in the summer months. He's making a half decent income. Plus many places your benefits immediately kick in instead of waiting a probationary period. Even if he had to wait, there are ways in Ontario to get drugs if you are struggling such as the Ontario Public drug program.  The nurse that offered her shifts with half the pay was a mean bitch. You either give up your shift and go home or you do your shift and work. 

I liked Grace trying to feel the option of saying something. I do feel bad for her but I hope she is able to save Naz from the humiliation from the douchey doctor.

Keenan and the doctor i can either give or take. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, greekmom said:

Wolf situation I am super confused. It should have taken Wolf to be a nurse 3-4 years I would think.  Wasn't he struggling then to make money to pay for school (what would not have been covered by OSAP)  living and his drugs? I mean at best he would have had 1 part time job during the year and probably a full time job in the summer months. He's making a half decent income. Plus many places your benefits immediately kick in instead of waiting a probationary period. Even if he had to wait, there are ways in Ontario to get drugs if you are struggling such as the Ontario Public drug program.  The nurse that offered her shifts with half the pay was a mean bitch. You either give up your shift and go home or you do your shift and work. 

Well, Wolf said that he had gotten his medication from a private company, I think? I guess he found a way to purchase cheaper drugs but then they just shut down, so he's back to paying full price, whatever it is. We also don't know how many people, besides Ashley, know about his health situation and what he's been taking. Obviously Ashley knows since they're roommates and she's had conversations about his meds, but who else would know? Would Damien or Sinead know? They probably should, but at least then they could possibly recommend some alternative options for Wolf. 

Keon also made a comment a couple of episodes ago about Wolf's dad. I think he was implying that Wolf's family has money? Maybe upper middle class or could be just plain rich? If I'm remembering that scene correctly. 

Either way, I chalk all of this up to TV drama anyway; it's not supposed to make total sense. But, for a drug dealer storyline, at least it's better than a lot of shows using the trope. Again, I'd rather this then have Wolf be an outright drug addict. 

I forgot to comment on Naz's storyline with the brothers. I'm happy that we're getting little pieces of information on Naz and her family. Learning that she had a twin brother who, I guess, died in a car accident was helpful to continue to understand Naz as a character. She's becoming more fleshed out than someone like Grace (who, surprisingly, doesn't have a whole lot of development besides the sexual assault storyline). But I really like it, as I'm growing to really like Naz. 

• Love 3

I really really liked this episode. Wolf trying all the different rocking motions to get the baby to sleep had me giggling. 

I also liked the party, and the little bonding session in the bathroom. It was good to see Grace relax a little, especially with how tense she's been since Dr. McCreepy showed up. I liked that she trusted the others with her secret. I know her hooking up with Cute ER Doc is imminent, but I hope she gets a little more development with her friends first.

Poor Naz. 

So, I've enjoyed the last two episodes a fair bit. I liked seeing all five main characters get to bond and have some nice moments together outside of the hospital. I hope we see more of that.

As for this latest episode, I liked seeing Grace actually get to interact with Keon. I like seeing them mix up the pairings a bit. 

Poor Wolf. He makes a major mistake in giving Shady Janitor drugs for money once and now, he's stuck in it for a while. 

Naz and dead patient's brother are kind of cute together...well, except for the part where he belittled her job as a nurse and didn't really apologize for it. He kind of did, but I can see him doing it again in the future. So hopefully, Naz is careful with her new relationship.

Ashley is really, really great now. I enjoyed getting more about her history. Her mother is...very reminiscent of my aunt, and not in a good way. It was good to see her have a religious background incorporated in her case of the week. 

I felt so bad for the liver donor storyline. Same with the preemie baby storyline, but I'm glad they explored both stories. 

• Love 4

Agree, last two episodes were really good. You can tell this is more for drama as Grace couldn't have just stolen the NDA right infront of Dr. Douchebag.  I actually was worried he didn't allow the patient who needed the transplant to live just to get back at Grace.

Ashely is growing on me and the storyline with the Orthodox Jewish guy was interesting. 

I feel bad for Wolf. I just hope he is able to get out of the drug stealing business.

And Sinaead - OMG. Back to drinking? I didn't understand what exactly made her do it. I mean she must have had patients (young ones) die before and she was able to hold it together.

Liking Naz getting together with the doctor in training.

Looks like Grace and Nurse from Retirement home are both going to take on Dr. Douche. I hated the fact that all the doctors are going to gang up on Grace.

Really enjoyed the change in Ashley's character.  Wish they explored Naz a bit more.  Felt bad for Keon.  Not enough Wolf.

The storyline with the guy that lost his memory of his gf was really sad.  He was a real dick to her. I mean I get the fact that he doesn't remember her but at least he could have been a bit more charitable especially since she stayed by his side, tried to help, etc. "More like I don't remember you but thanks for being there. Please give me some breathing space while I try and work this out for myself."

Next week is the season finale. Surprised that the season was so short. Hopefully we get Season 2.

• Love 1

Well, it looks like we're finally getting to Grace taking Dr. Hamilton down, just in time for the finale next week! I kind of hope that it works, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it's a horrible disaster. Damn, Peter Stebbings always rocks the bad guy look. 

The cases this week worked really, really well. 

Naz's case was really sad to watch, but so was Keon's. I'm enjoying getting so many tidbits on Naz's past. I hope her backstory is explored in further depth for season 2.

Keon's relationship with Dr. Maryse from Shadowhunters is going to continue to be difficult, so I hope he's actually ended things for good...but probably not. 

Not enough Wolf. C'mon, show, I want to know how he gets out of his drug dealing mess. 

Also not enough Ashley.

2 hours ago, greekmom said:

Hopefully we get Season 2.

There actually IS a season 2! They did renew it. 

• Love 4

I thought the cases this week were really good - Keon's amnesia case was especially heartbreaking to me. Naz's backstory is so interesting and there seems to be so much more to explore, hopefully in season 2! 

Not enough Ashley this week - but I am glad to see her so supportive of Grace and the overall progression of their friendship throughout the season. 

How do you think Dr. Wallace is going to react to Grace's article? I could see one scenario where he might be afraid of being accused in a "me too" situation as well so he avoids her. He's a big fan of Dr. Hamilton so he may step back from pursuing Grace especially if they haven't gone on their date yet. On the other hand, he's seems very sweet and obviously cares for her so he may throw his full support behind her. I feel like this entire season has built up to them getting together in the end so I'm thinking this may be the case. 

Very good episode. 
I do find it hard to believe that a hospital would leave a patient alone in a room with no way to provide care. Wouldn’t they have hazmat suits available?
The coma case was sad.  If I can see why he would freak out. Here is someone he has never seen before in his life sharing memories and claiming to know him best. 

• Love 3

Awesome episode. 
I am so glad that Naz saved her patient’s eye. I was so afraid that he was going to go blind. 
The patient in pain was not realistic. He should have been on a CADD pump and been receiving continuous pain control.  And there is no such thing as reaching the “maximum” amt of pain meds.

looking forward to a second season!

• Love 1

Season final was great.

1. Glad Keon and Dr. Whatshername dodged the bullet.

2. Grace's storyline is going to continue to season 2 i guess? Happy that Dr. Douchey Rapey asshole was told to resign.

3. Did everyone gasp when Sinead got the wrong eye???  And Ashley taking the heat? 

4. Poor Wolf. I hope the other nurses stand up for him and cover that he didn't do it. 

5. Naz has had some growth. She's trying to cook!

Did I miss anyone?

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, greekmom said:

1. Glad Keon and Dr. Whatshername dodged the bullet.

Me too, because Dr. Maryse from Shadowhunters (again, still have NO idea what her name is and I don't really care) actually SUUUUUCKS as a character. Man, for someone who is older and has more experience than Keon, she's acting like a teenager. She apparently doesn't know how to use proper birth control if she's already having a pregnancy scare with Keon. Not only that, but dumbass thinks that they're on the down-low when EVERYONE knows about her and Keon? And she's shocked when Naz lets her know that the two aren't subtle. 

Not only that, but there's the obligatory "Your friend told you the truth so I'm also going to blurt it out right now" trope. And, of course, the tiring results with Keon blurting out exactly what he'd do if she was pregnant, followed by "Oh, I'm not pregnant. K, thanks, bai!" 

I like Keon otherwise outside of his scenes with Dr. We Both Suck at Protection, because his romantic scenes with her makes him suuuuuper dumb. This is just as much on him. But we've also seen Keon outside of scenes with her, so we know he's a better person. I have no idea if Dr. Maryse is smarter outside of her scenes with Keon.

So, when they showed Dr. Hamilton resign and walk out, they actually made me believe that we'd get a cliffhanger where we found out that he committed suicide. Just that weird scene where he's freaking out alone, followed by that weird slow-mo shot of him looking at Grace as he leaves made me think that maybe he was going to jump in front of a bus. Which...for me, is still a "good riddance asshole" moment, but I'd feel bad for Grace, who might blame herself. 

Rachel Skarsten! I guess she took some time off with fighting the heroes in Gotham to shack up with Chris Diaz from Rookie Blue and become a super famous Instagram influencer (though I think she had done this right before or during the first couple of episodes for Batwoman). 

Oh man, Wolf. I feel bad, but also...c'mon, man. Shady janitor guy was not being very subtle with his snakey ways of manipulating you. You should have seen this coming. But still, I hope he can get out of this. But ouch to that last scene with him getting beat up. 

I guess Grace and Evan finally get together. Which...ok then. Just be careful, Evan! She willingly got together with someone who was in a previous relationship! 

Ashley is fantastic. She became my favourite character after being my least favourite character. I love how she handled Sinead...who was a downright mess here. It was surprising to see Sinead jump from taking her first drink to being drunk on the job. I'm so glad Ashley saved that boy's eye.

I'm actually a bit sad that season 1 is already done.

• Love 3

I actually liked it a lot.  I was turned off by the voiceover in the beginning - too much like Grey’s Anatomy for me.  But I like the focus on the nurses.  

Edited by izabella
  • Love 2

If this was supposed to be set in the US then according to HIPAA privacy regulations, the nurse didn't need to lie to the husband, just say she wasn't allowed to disclose any details without the patient consent.  There's no assumed spousal consent.

23 minutes ago, jabRI said:

If this was supposed to be set in the US

It's a Canadian show, so maybe not.  Wikipedia, for what that's worth, says it's set in Toronto.  Apparently not the same hospital as in Transplant.  (I like Transplant a lot, but I have not developed much enthusiasm for Nurses.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jabRI said:

There's no assumed spousal consent.

I don't think there is under PHIPA either (the Canadian act).

This show tends to lose realism as the episodes go on. That's true for many medical shows though (Grey's, I'm looking at you).

• Love 4

I watched last night's episode, and it's the first and only episode of this show I have watched (my husband has watched the whole thing so far, or at least most of it).

First of all -- Sav from Degrassi! He's so handsome!

Second of all....total opera fail. I am an opera singer, and if that lady were auditioning for the role of Carmen, she would be a mezzo soprano. After her surgery, she was singing O Mio Babbino Caro, from Gianni Schicchi, which is an entirely different opera, and an entirely different voice type. The closed captions even said "Music from Carmen playing," which was 100% false. If that woman had the role of Carmen in her repertoire, it's a bit of a stretch that she would be singing a Puccini soprano aria. Also, callbacks aren't super common in the opera world, but depending on which type of company she was auditioning for, not impossible. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

We're enjoying the show, even though it is hardly realistic.

The nurses seem to spend more time acting as social workers than practitioners of care for their patients' medical needs. They get awfully involved in patients' personal lives.  On the other hand, they seem to be acting more like doctors than nurses.  When patients ask, aren't nurses expected to turn to doctors to discuss test results and potential treatment procedures with them?

Question for Canadian friends: I thought your country had better coverage than in America.  Wouldn't Wolf be able to get all the medicine he needs for his leukemia without having to work extra shifts?  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, buckboard said:

We're enjoying the show, even though it is hardly realistic.

The nurses seem to spend more time acting as social workers than practitioners of care for their patients' medical needs. They get awfully involved in patients' personal lives.  On the other hand, they seem to be acting more like doctors than nurses.  When patients ask, aren't nurses expected to turn to doctors to discuss test results and potential treatment procedures with them?

Question for Canadian friends: I thought your country had better coverage than in America.  Wouldn't Wolf be able to get all the medicine he needs for his leukemia without having to work extra shifts?  

Canada has good healthcare coverage so hospital stays, doc visits etc are covered. Drugs are not covered. If you are lucky they are covered by your benefits plans as work. If you are not lucky you are like Wolf. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Pepper the Cat said:

Canada has good healthcare coverage so hospital stays, doc visits etc are covered. Drugs are not covered. If you are lucky they are covered by your benefits plans as work. If you are not lucky you are like Wolf. 

Thanks, Pepper the Cat.  I would assume a hospital would cover employees for drugs, but maybe you had to be there for a few months before that kicked in.  But then you'd have no plot, I guess.  

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, buckboard said:

Thanks, Pepper the Cat.  I would assume a hospital would cover employees for drugs, but maybe you had to be there for a few months before that kicked in.  But then you'd have no plot, I guess.  

I believe there was a line about new nurses have a probationary period before they receive benefits.  But that might be imagined. 

Depending on what your extended benefits cover, there is a probationary period where you don't get any coverage (definitely dental work). And, like the US, benefits are tied to your work, and will vary. I know our province has enacted a "Fair Pharmacare", where after spending a certain amount of money, your prescription drugs will start to be covered, from 70-100%. It's income based, and for my income, the deductible is $2500 and then the Fair Pharmacare will kick in. I can't remember how much before it gets to 100% coverage.

Unlike the US, drug costs tend to be lower, but it still doesn't mean that it's cheap. Lower income people are screwed in our country, like they're screwed in every country.

On the plus side, I used to teach one the of the actresses on this show, and it's been so great to be able to watch her. She had shot a horror film when she was in my class, and I am a scaredy-cat, so  told her I could never watch it. This one, I can watch without worrying about never sleeping again.

Edited by hula-la
spelling mistake
  • Love 3