Type keyword(s) to search

The Rocketeer - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Thirty years ago, when Keaton Batman was dominating the box office,

Disney decided to create a superhero to compete with the Caped Crusader.

He did not.

Now, thirty years later, Disney is buying superheroes, but amazingly,

Disney is also bringing back and imagining this dud of a hero........... with a cute kid twist.

Seven-year-old Kit Secord learns she is secretly next in line to become The Rocketeer, a rocket pack-wearing superhero who can fly. Armed with her cool new gear and secret identity, Kit takes to the skies to protect her town of Hughesville (remember, in the film, Cliff met Howard........... yeah, you remember) and its residents from danger. Assisting her on her heroic adventures are her best friend Tesh, bulldog sidekick Butch, and airplane mechanic grandfather Ambrose Secord.

Long live the Rocketeer!!!!

Actually Rocketeer was a licensed property, Disney did not create it but they gained the media rights to it.  The movie itself is really good and the reason Joe Johnson directed the first Captain America movie.  

As for the show, the original Rocketeer is seemingly Kit's great grandfather, Ambrose's dad (the ages work out although it makes me sad that Kit's parents are around my age).  Kit's dad is voiced by the original Rocketeer, Billy Campbell and her mom is Kathy Najimy (best known as Peggy Hill from King of the Hill and Mary Sanderson from Hocus Pocus).  

The show itself is kind of basic which makes sense since it is targeted to a very young age group.  My 1.5 year old loves the show.  He's made us watch the 6 episodes that aired so far like 5 times each (and he get upset when Kit gets her rocketpack stolen).  As an adult, it's a pretty solid show so I don't mind rewatching it (although thank god for a new episode on Friday).  

If you have young kids, I highly recommend the show.

Edited by Matt K
  • Useful 1