Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Still Dre

spinxella
  • Start Topic

I was so glad to have power back and it brought the heat. There were still plot holes that had me rolling my eyes in the back of my head naturally. If Tommy had turned snitch, why would they need to keep trying to get Two Bit and Spanky to turn on him? Those two know the system well enough to know that was nonsense. That whole we think Tommy set us up at his own warehouse but yet the police are still trying to lock him up with us plot is just lunacy.

When Dre got up in that girl's face about nobody taking Heaven away from him, and she just kept acting like she was in a Lifetime movie and couldn't tell him this ain't no Ike and Tina situation, dial it down a notch, had me too in my feelings. First off, Fool, cps took this baby how many times now? And you can't walk out the house without making enemies because of how you do people so yeah, that's a good reason to get babygirl out of town among others. Then he can't stay out the streets to be home to raise his child anyway. Boy, BYE!

I hated how the plot with him ended though. He should have been shanked or turned into someone's girl. I get the guards were dirty but nobody is trying to go to jail with the people they've been arresting and guarding behind stuff that can't go unnoticed. That boy was in solitary. That's a restricted area. Only so many people could get access to him and for there to just be no one around to help sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen and heads to rolling at the least. 

Also, why does Spanky think that everyone won't know why he was released from jail so fast while Two Bit is still in there? 

Glad there was very little Tariq in this episode. Please kill him next and then Blanca. Her voice reminds me of Charlie Brown's teacher. Feel free to kill her by fire too. 

Edited by andreamf15
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

I see the show will drag out the "Who killed Ghost?" plot for as long as possible.  Good on showing the backstory, bad on execution.  I figure the next, or rest of the season, will be everyone's perspective around Ghost's death and process of elimination for suspects.  Expect an episode on Tate, Tariq/Tasha, and Tommy with the final reveal coming last.  I'm putting my money on Ghost's daughter.  Yes, the youngest one that we never see.  She is making him pay for all the grief he's caused the family.  That's why Ghost looks so surprised when he is shot.  Hey, it could happen!!!! Can't be anymore ridiculous than any of the other stuff on this show.

Too much plot contrivance in this episode.  FBI agents let Dre get away, him going in and out of jail like a trip to the mall, and Dre getting killed the way he did.  Sad about Dre's upbringing, but the way to get back at his mom would have been to prove her wrong by being successful.  But, he wasn't about that life.  Wow, his girlfriend was the worst, but then that's to be expected too.

Is Ghost really dead?  I doubt it.  Wouldn't be surprised if show turns it into a "media jumps the gun" and the real story comes out later.  I expect the season to end with Ghost being Lt. Governor, with the candidate winning in a landslide because of the assassination attempt on her running mate.  Long live Ghost!!!

• LOL 1

Wow, the updated credits animation is fantastic.

Dre thought he could own New York. Right. Meanwhile, was he always that swole?

So were we supposed to feel sorry for Dre because his pious mommy had no use for him? Nah. Good casting for the actress though. They actually looked like they could be related.

Det. Blanca is probably going to get taken down by her obsession with Ghost. Suborning perjury is a bad way to go and one of these days someone will turn on her.

Seems to me Dre could've just killed Tate after he got the fake IDs. Whatever, I was not here for Dre and Baby Mama Tina's Bonnie & Clyde adventures in a Mercedes. Ugh.

Buh bye, Dre. Turns out you did not have more lives than 99 cats. Looks like it was only 98. 🙄

Spotswood is probably not long for this world. He likely won't make it to dinnertime, much less WITSEC.

I'm loving the spumors that Ghost isn't really dead and that he'll show up in the last few moments of the series. AFAIC that would be the biggest b.s. since the final episode of Game of Thrones.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So were we supposed to feel sorry for Dre because his pious mommy had no use for him? Nah. 

I didn't feel much sympathy for him over his mama being out there with browbeating him over him being such a sinner and "demon" and whatnot either.  Obviously, he got over that enough whenever he needed cash from her repeatedly. It's not like he was trying by any means to live up to her expectations anyway. 

Seems to me Dre could've just killed Tate after he got the fake IDs. Whatever, I was not here for Dre and Baby Mama Tina's Bonnie & Clyde adventures in a Mercedes. 

Right! I kept thinking why don't they sell that car and get some plane tickets and Uber on out of there.  And if they went to a country with no extradition, it wouldn't matter anyway. Tate was going to set the law on him not hitmen from what I gathered. And any major gangster worth his salt should have had a go-bag in place with fake paperwork, money and all that already sorted out and waiting. Dre just always thought he was so smart and could figure out and manipulate his way out of a jam. As my grandma says, he liked to keep his tail in a crack.  And Dre is so shady he didn't go back to honor his word to Tate nohow. He just wanted to finally get Ghost. 

Ding dong Dre is gone. Thank you Francis and Spottswood! lol 

I just can't help but wonder how the final season would play out if they weren't catering to the upcoming spin-off. I certainly don't think things would be like this. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 2

No Dre wasn’t always that swole. He was fit, but he’s much bigger and more cut this part of the season. 

I can believe his mother is/was an awful person, but that doesn’t mean she was wrong. Dre loved his daughter but yeah he did a lot of evil, not too upset about how he died (that was a painful way to go). 

• Love 2

Where has Tina been? For some reason I figured Dre's baby mama was dead and he was a single parent. If she's been alive (and not in jail/prison) all this time why did their daughter ever end up in foster care?

It's odd to me that the show waited until they were getting ready to kill Dre off to give him backstory.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Fuck that punk ass Dre. I will never feel sorry for him.

I need some marshmallows.

Yeah, I didn't appreciate them trying to make me feel bad for Dre.  Fuck that noise.  

Also, I for sure thought that Dre would still be around with the roaches after the meteorite hits and destroys all life on Earth.  

I desperately need a Francis and Spottswood spinoff.  It can either be a prequel or what happens after Francis gets out of jail and they reunite and forgive each other.

• Love 3

The Francis/Spottswood name dialogue had me rolling. I also laughed when Spottswood was signing his WITSEC paperwork. That actor is really funny.

11 hours ago, andreamf15 said:

I feel the same. They keep saying "who shot Ghost?", but not who killed Ghost. No telling what they'll try to do. 

The news story playing in the gas station said Ghost was dead, so we're at least supposed to THINK Ghost is dead. Tasha saying "there's no beating him, he always wins" could be a clue though - he could be in Tahiti or some-damn-where. Where was Tasha when he was shot?

I do lean more toward thinking he's actually dead since we know Angela is actually dead; I could see them doing more of a "faked his death" situation if Angela were alive.

12 hours ago, andreamf15 said:

I was so glad to have power back and it brought the heat.

Literally! That's a TERRIBLE way to go. Bye Dre!

• Love 1

Turned back on my Starz in time for Power.  Great episode for me.  Liked some backstory on the character I love to hate.  FINALLY Dre gets got.  How ironic was it that he pleaded for his life saying that he had a daughter.  The FBI agent Dre killed said the same thing right before he shot him. And the baby momma..where did she come from.  Chilling the way Dre's mom told his daughter to "say goodbye to daddy."  Dre was not loyal to anyone so I'm surprised he didnt shoot his mom in the face.  I dont see Spanky making it into witness protection.  If I go down for anything I want 2-bit on my team.  That guy is gangsta.  Still dont believe Ghost is dead.   I dont believe Tommy shot Ghost cause Tommy wouldnt shoot one shot, he'd machine gun up the place.  Cant wait til next week.

Edited by vmcd88
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Where has Tina been? For some reason I figured Dre's baby mama was dead and he was a single parent. If she's been alive (and not in jail/prison) all this time why did their daughter ever end up in foster care?

It's odd to me that the show waited until they were getting ready to kill Dre off to give him backstory.

I always assumed she was dead, or walked off and left the baby with Dre (likely cause she was scared of his drug life). He was willing to go into WITSEC and not even let her know (much less give her the choice to come)- I think they wrote her in because Dre needed someone to talk to during his last episode as we watched him go down. A better plot would’ve had him just deal with his Mom and get caught that way. 

3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

The Francis/Spottswood name dialogue had me rolling.

Those two should have their own spinoff, they were cracking me up.

Tommy's 'Who dis?' in heavy blaccent will just make me miss him even more....I won't be able to look at Joseph Sikora again without fangirling 'TOMMY!'  Swoons.

I thought Dre's girl was going to kill him.  When he went back to get Ghost, I would have scooched over to the driver's side and left him, with me and Heaven being $100,000 richer.  Loved Dre punching out Blanca, she's had it coming for a while now.

Dre's mama was scary, anybody know the name of the actress? 

Dre using his "friend" as a shield was shameful. Glad he is finally gone! But it was a weird way to go in a prison. I guess Spanky's  positive thinking really worked! Too bad his time will be coming up soon. 

This episode didn't feel right not having Ghost in it.

I believe Ghost is dead and they are going to drag out 4 episodes showing the perspectives from the remaining 5 suspect's of the same damn day to find out who killed him. 

Who play's Dre's Mother in this episode? IMDb.com is no help. They list Tina, his baby momma, but not his actual MOTHER, the one who pulls a gun on him. She looks familiar, but I can't find a credit for her.

UPDATE: Never mind, just saw MrsRafaelBarba's comment. She is Ami Brabson, listed as "Vanessa". They chose a younger picture for IMDb, that's why I didn't recognize her.

Edited by CigarDoug