Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Light and Shadows

• Start Topic

On 1/14/2020 at 10:16 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I am probably overthinking it,  but why did the makeup artists put dark brown eyeshadow on Rebecca's mom in that flashback?  They gave her a 90s smokey eye and it was supposed to be what 1974.  Rebecca has period appropriate sky blue,   so they at least know something about the era.   The character is a WASP who would still be influenced by her era the 1950s.  It really took me out of the scene.

Never wore sky blue eye shadow back then. Always some type of lighter brown to match my brown eyes.  Think her sky blue looks out of place when she is wearing dark clothes.  Reminds me of the Mimi character on the old Drew Carey show.

• Love 4

The Hall Pass thing

There is a subplot on Curb Your Enthusiasm, Season 4 where it flashes back to when Larry and Cheryl got married.  Cheryl is really pushing the marriage and she says, well, in 10 years I'll let you have sex with someone else.  So Larry agrees to the marriage and much to Cheryl's shock, waits patiently for the 10 years mark and brings up the Hall Pass.  LOL.  Cheryl can't even really remember saying it and she can't believe the seriousness of it, but Larry is dead serious.  LOL.  And Cheryl agrees to it.  One person - one time only.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I'm not liking CrossFit Toby much lately.

Kate has shown several times that she is stronger than Toby, or her family, think she is.

She's the one who held everything together when Toby fell into a depression caused by going off his meds (another case of keeping Kate in the dark). She's sucked it up for him before, like getting over her thing with dogs to bring home Audio because she knew it would make Toby happy. She's been carrying the load for taking care of Jack, and learning about parenting a visually impaired child, and hasn't faltered. Instead of being able to resume any of the stuff she was doing before Jack was born, she's had to focus solely on Jack. She's had to feel pretty isolated and stressed, and Toby's behavior is compounding that.

Toby's way of keeping Kate at arm's length and in the dark about important parts of his life like the meds and CrossFit is incredibly unhealthy and hurtful. It's about what's easier for him, not about any true consideration for her feelings.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The Hall Pass thing

There is a subplot on Curb Your Enthusiasm, Season 4 where it flashes back to when Larry and Cheryl got married.  Cheryl is really pushing the marriage and she says, well, in 10 years I'll let you have sex with someone else.  So Larry agrees to the marriage and much to Cheryl's shock, waits patiently for the 10 years mark and brings up the Hall Pass.  LOL.  Cheryl can't even really remember saying it and she can't believe the seriousness of it, but Larry is dead serious.  LOL.  And Cheryl agrees to it.  One person - one time only.

I loved, loved, loved that show.  Especially when Larry is like, "Why would you want to be a David? I don't want to be a David.."

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, MsChicklet said:

I'm not liking CrossFit Toby much lately.

Kate has shown several times that she is stronger than Toby, or her family, think she is.

She's the one who held everything together when Toby fell into a depression caused by going off his meds (another case of keeping Kate in the dark). She's sucked it up for him before, like getting over her thing with dogs to bring home Audio because she knew it would make Toby happy. She's been carrying the load for taking care of Jack, and learning about parenting a visually impaired child, and hasn't faltered. Instead of being able to resume any of the stuff she was doing before Jack was born, she's had to focus solely on Jack. She's had to feel pretty isolated and stressed, and Toby's behavior is compounding that.

Toby's way of keeping Kate at arm's length and in the dark about important parts of his life like the meds and CrossFit is incredibly unhealthy and hurtful. It's about what's easier for him, not about any true consideration for her feelings.

Exercising and health awareness can be addictive.  I had to get rid of my Fitbit (getting to a point where I was walking more than 2.5x as much as the so-called "recommendation" PLUS working out 5-6 times a week.  Still work out 5-6x, but I no longer walk THAT MUCH)  as part of being more mindful this year.  I wasn't trying to lose weight (and didn't.  I don't have to lose weight and shouldn't, actually), but it was a confidence thing - something Toby probably was striving for too - and leaning towards superiority/attempting to be superior to some.

Edited by PRgal
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 1/15/2020 at 6:18 AM, Ana88 said:

How scary was that ending? I hope you guys are right and it's just a dream. Otherwise I would hate to be the only guy in a house with 4 girls with an intruder. But I'm also quite curious as to what would happen and how Randall would handle it. 

I’d put money on Beth. She was ready to take out Malik’s mom over a rude comment about Deja. She would shred an intruder!

On 1/15/2020 at 7:41 PM, Lady Iris said:

Pardon my French but Jesus Fuck that guy in Randall’s house scared the crap out of me.

I was bumming about Rebecca’s rolling tear because you just know she’s terrified of losing Jack in her memories on top of everything else. I wasn’t prepared for an intruder in Randall’s home. 

Me too!  I was crying, thinking about her losing Jack again and then gasped out loud when that guy appeared. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Love 4
On 1/14/2020 at 11:11 PM, Dejana said:

A hall pass? Ouch, Poor Kevin, but he was moving way too fast with her.

Agreed. Even if Lizzie had been single and interested in dating Kevin, IMO taking a girl to a private concert with John Legend would have been waaay too intense for a first date! Had I been her, I would have been less impressed than scared...

• Love 5

I don't know if it'd necessarily read as "too intense" to me if I were in shoes...I'd probably make some quick judgements about famous people/rich people having a completely skewed sense of what normal is, and that he was throwing his name and/or money around. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

* the hall pass concept is real, but I've never known anyone really take it seriously. My husband I each have our "known celebrity crush" but the idea of actually acting on that is a joke. I did know someone who adjusted his "hall pass list" when his kid ended up in the same school class as the kid of one of his listed people and he started exchanging phone calls over school stuff with her. . . but it was just kind of funny thing.

* unpopular opinion here, but I enjoy the Rebecca/Jack flashbacks. When they come up I know people on here will object to it, but I enjoy them and was touched by their moment at the end. For me, the show is the story of the Pearson family. Rebecca/Jack are part of that. I know how it ends but I like filling in the middle.

*that being said, the mom's speech was out of character (for the mom) to Rebecca. It should have been handled differently--as in Rebecca overhears her parents talking about how thank God Jack is out of the picture and how the dad succeeded in scaring him away. .

* the ending scared me. I don't think it's a hallucination but who knows. I found it realistic he'd go downstairs for water. I don't drink the water from my bathroom--just rinse and spit. I drink water from the refrigerator filter because our water tastes like medal. If I'd been gone and just got home, I would definitely head down for a glass and bring it up stairs with me.

* I liked the Randall/Miguel interaction. Both expressed valid points. Randall had a right to be there especially since it was Randall that she admitted needing help to. It's not a Miguel thing where Randall just decides to show up. I don't blame Miguel for not noticing; it's harder to spot when you are around someone day to day.

• Love 7
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 6:10 PM, izabella said:

Forgive me, I am about to be pedantic here...ahem...

Spatula is not actually the name of a "food flipper."  Spatula is the name of the utensil used to scrape food out of things, like scraping cake batter out of bowl.  It's also used to spread things, like frosting.  It is not, however, used to flip food.  A "food flipper" is technically called a "turner."   

to focus a minute on non important details--maybe it is a regional thing? We called 2 things a spatula: 1) the thing you use to scape batter out of a bowl; and (2) the flat thing you use to flip food. I've never heard it called a turner before.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, RedbirdNelly said:

* unpopular opinion here, but I enjoy the Rebecca/Jack flashbacks. When they come up I know people on here will object to it, but I enjoy them and was touched by their moment at the end. For me, the show is the story of the Pearson family. Rebecca/Jack are part of that. I know how it ends but I like filling in the middle.

Not unpopular with me. Jack is my favorite character, and I enjoy the flashbacks. I think they are still an essential part of the story even though we know how it ends, because it keeps filling in the details of how and why he inspired such love and devotion from his wife and kids (and best friend, and brother). And also how he contributed to screwing them up emotionally. IMO, there are a lot of black and white outlines, and the flashbacks color them in.

1 hour ago, RedbirdNelly said:

to focus a minute on non important details--maybe it is a regional thing? We called 2 things a spatula: 1) the thing you use to scape batter out of a bowl; and (2) the flat thing you use to flip food. I've never heard it called a turner before.

Southern Ontario (Canada) here, and for me, a spatula is the rubber (or now silicone) thing you scrape batter with. The flat/usually slotted utensil you use to turn eggs or burgers is a flipper.

• Love 3
On 1/16/2020 at 11:32 AM, Lady Calypso said:

I'm kind of hoping for the show banking on us as viewers overreacting to Sophie's call to Kevin and that it's as simple as Sophie reaching out for something other than a romantic reason. 

Maybe her husband can't have kids and they want to use his sperm. Then the husband dies or is jealous and can't handle raising the kid with his wife's ex's genes  and Kevin take on a paternal role.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

Yeah.  For example, I've only ever heard of "wok spatula" (or in Cantonese, a "wok shovel" (wok chan)) and never a wok turner.  

20 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I actually use to call it a bacon turner when we first got married long time ago.  Moved on to the spatula term later on.

I thnink celeb hallpass is different from key parties because if you decide to have an open relationship and agree on the rules and set something up with likeminded people in the community that is a very real thing that could happen to anybody and requires you to be proactive in getting your needs met.

A celeb hall pass, however, is I'll be faithful to you but if Kevin Pearson from the nanny bumps into me and also we both want to hook up, it is fine.   But 99 percent of the time this isn't going to happen.  It is a game.  You don't live where Kevin Pearson lives.   You don't know him.  He is ulikely to notice you if you bump into him in public.  He is unilkely to be lookign to hook up with randos on any given day in any given coffee shop.  He has to meet you.  Like you.  Decide he's attracted to you all while not setting off your creep meter and so that you still want a hall pass with him.  It is a wildly unlikely scenario as opposed to, "hey, hon, lets invite those people that we met that time over and..."   

My sister met her hall pass once.  She thought he was a narcassistic arse because he was in an elevator and when people got in he started pretending to read a magazine and the magazine had the girl he was dating on the cover.  She literally cannot see this celeb now 20-30 years later without telling this story and how much she hates him.   

I do suspect he is a narcissistic arse but I think not wanting to draw attention to yourself by reading a magazine in an elevator is fine and I tihnk the magaizne you happen to have being one with your girlfriend on the cover is not likely for normal humans but is going to happen when you happen to be dating a hollywood it girl.    I mean she was on the cover of EVERYTHING at the time.

• Love 5
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 2:00 PM, Sake614 said:

That test scared the hell out of me, LOL! I like to think my memory is still sharp, but I can definitely get up from a chair, go to another room and then not have the faintest idea why I'm there. I misplace things constantly and am lucky I can remember my name some days, never mind a phrase that someone said a minute or three ago. Plus I absolutely suck at tests. Any kind of tests. Hearing test, typing test, school test...so I'd totally fail. And I'm only 59! 😞

Re Sophia Bush, it's petty but I think that extremely dark hair color is very unflattering. She's a beautiful young woman but she looked bad last night.

I thought she looked stunning/like she hasn't aged since One Tree Hill.  And I think she's always had that hair color. 

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 2:06 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

Not unpopular with me. Jack is my favorite character, and I enjoy the flashbacks. I think they are still an essential part of the story even though we know how it ends, because it keeps filling in the details of how and why he inspired such love and devotion from his wife and kids (and best friend, and brother). And also how he contributed to screwing them up emotionally. IMO, there are a lot of black and white outlines, and the flashbacks color them in.

Southern Ontario (Canada) here, and for me, a spatula is the rubber (or now silicone) thing you scrape batter with. The flat/usually slotted utensil you use to turn eggs or burgers is a flipper.

I think it is a regional thing.  When my husband first called it a "flipper" and tried to school me that it is not a spatula, because that's the rubber one for cake batter, I thought he was nuts.  He grew up in Pennsylvania, and I grew up in Rhode Island.

• Love 1
On 1/14/2020 at 7:16 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I am probably overthinking it,  but why did the makeup artists put dark brown eyeshadow on Rebecca's mom in that flashback?  They gave her a 90s smokey eye and it was supposed to be what 1974.  Rebecca has period appropriate sky blue,   so they at least know something about the era.   The character is a WASP who would still be influenced by her era the 1950s.  It really took me out of the scene.

You are not overthinking it; I noticed it right off the bat that Rebecca's mom had what would have been called "too much eye shadow" back in the day.  Rebecca's eye shadow reminded me of Yardley's Sailor Blue shade.

• Love 1
On 1/15/2020 at 12:09 PM, TOL said:

I agree about the Jack and Rebecca flashbacks getting tiresome.  This was a long slow trip around the block to get to the payoff at the end where Rebecca realizes she will lose her memories of Jack.  I cried at that realization with her.  Maybe because I find Milo V an annoying actor 😬 ::ducking any objects thrown at me::: 

Moving on. Toby has been shady throughout his weight loss journey.  First hiding it from Kate, then the what I feel is an emotional affair, switching gyms as a result, and now his feelings about shutting Kate out .  However, I think that’s another half-truth.  I think it’s really about Kate herself; her size as compared to him.  I really do.  I believe the rest of the stuff with the baby, but is seems that they’re both using Jack as a crutch.  

I cannot pass that neuro test.  I had surgery, radiation and chemo for a brain tumor 15 yrs ago and while my minor deficits as a result of the damage are mostly motor skills there is a cognitive component as well.  Spatially things can be difficult- for example, it’s hard for me to walk down a dock or enter a wide open arena without help.  It’s not a vision thing, it’s a brain thing.  Also, I have to pause conversations sometimes to grasp for words.  The brain is a tricky thing!  

One more thing- I’m going back and forth on whether the ending with Randall was real or hallucinated.  I’m leaning toward real, but the previews have me wondering...

Godspeed and all the best to you!

On 1/16/2020 at 4:10 PM, sasha206 said:

I've been widowed 3 years; lost my just turned 52 year-old husband to colon cancer.  I waited a year to date, then my high school crush and I reconnected.  I've been dating him (with a four month break) for 2 years.  While I had wonderful memories from a 22 year marriage, the relationship I'm in now is the relationship I'm in now. 

The show could've had a "love for the ages" that appropriately mourn but move on. It's one thing to mourn and it's another thing to not be present in your own life, where it is now.   But the writers are so focused on everyone revering this dead man 20 years after, even his poor best friend!

Sorry for your loss.  Cancer sucks.  Glad you've found happiness and love again in your life!

• Love 2
On 1/16/2020 at 6:50 PM, betha said:

Oh, I think the opposite. I think that her memories of Jack are going to get stronger and that this may even be the show’s way of showing us Old Jack. Or, younger Jack interacting with Older Rebecca. She will be spending time in her memories with Jack, and Miguel will be heartbroken.

Like when Kate got married to Tobes, Rebecca saw Jack looking down from the clouds or some such nonsense.  "Rebecca would have wanted Jack to be there on Bug's big day" so she dreams him up.

My alternate universe theory is that The Intruder is not a hallucination of Randall's.  He is a real person:  The Pearsons' neighbor who stepped inside when he saw Randall return home, to return the steak knife he borrowed at the neighborhood barbecue a while back.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

You are not overthinking it; I noticed it right off the bat that Rebecca's mom had what would have been called "too much eye shadow" back in the day.  Rebecca's eye shadow reminded me of Yardley's Sailor Blue shade.

I haven't thought about Yardley's in forever. Really takes me back. As for Rebecca's mother's eyes, I actually thought the make up made her look very ill. I even wondered if that's what they were going for.

• Love 1
On 1/14/2020 at 11:39 PM, chocolatine said:

I cheered when Miguel told Randall off, but then of course he had to ruin it by groveling after the diagnosis. And I thought it was beyond obnoxious that Randall insisted the appointment be kept secret from Kate and Kevin, especially since they live in the same freaking city and are just as much Rebecca's children as he is. I'm not surprised Kate and Kevin stopped talking to him.

Miguel had no right to speak to Randall the way he did. Randall is a concerned son. I would be so pissed if my step dad tried to tell me to but out of my mother's life on a very important issue like dementia just because he didn't want to see that he could be losing her. I mean I understand Miguel's feelings, but he was the one in the wrong here not Randall. Also Rebecca was the one who didn't want Randall to tell Kate or Kevin. He has to respect her wishes. It's Rebecca's body and her memory loss. So it is her choice who she tells, of course right now while she still has agency. At some point it will become obvious to everyone. Randall is just very in tune with his mother which is how he picked up on it so quickly. If this is what Kate and Kevin stop speaking to Randall over, then they are putting the blame in the wrong place and overreacting per usual. I love Kevin, can't stand Kate, but whether love or hate them, they are 2 of the most selfish people out there. Randall is always trying even if he does have flaws, I feel like he is usually trying to do the right thing.

• Love 2
On 1/15/2020 at 6:18 PM, Laurie4H said:

Toby loves Kate but can he really be that physically attracted to her?   

Well he chose to date her and marry her so YES? What kind of a question is that? :S

• Love 5
On 1/15/2020 at 8:20 PM, kili said:

I was not expecting the sketchy guy in the kitchen with a knife. 

It was so out of line because it seems that the people in this show only have emotional struggles so to suddenly see something that might cause actual physical damage seems out of place for me. It was like I was watching a soap opera and suddenly the channel was changed and there was a thriller on.

On 1/15/2020 at 9:09 PM, kicksave said:

now how Randall gets out of this alive is. another story.

He will probably sit the intruder down and tell him a story of his dad until he gets bored and leaves.

• LOL 1
On 1/16/2020 at 2:10 AM, izabella said:

Forgive me, I am about to be pedantic here...ahem...

Spatula is not actually the name of a "food flipper."  Spatula is the name of the utensil used to scrape food out of things, like scraping cake batter out of bowl.  It's also used to spread things, like frosting.  It is not, however, used to flip food.  A "food flipper" is technically called a "turner."   

In my language we use spatula as well and we mean also the thing that flips food, like an omelet or to take out and serve a piece of cake.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, marshmallows said:

Miguel had no right to speak to Randall the way he did. Randall is a concerned son. I would be so pissed if my step dad tried to tell me to but out of my mother's life on a very important issue like dementia just because he didn't want to see that he could be losing her.

Different strokes. When he made the arrangements, Randall didn't know that Miguel would push back on an effort to get Rebecca diagnosed. It wasn't until the end that Miguel commented that he thought the memory problems were normal aging. Randall didn't consult Miguel at all! He just barged in all savior-like. He should have coordinated with Miguel, not pushed him aside as though Miguel is not his mother's husband. Only if Miguel pushed back would Randall have authority -- not as a concerned son but because Rebecca confided in him -- to make the appointment anyway. And then, then! only if he thought Miguel would not follow through, should Randall have flown out to California for the appointment. Randall treated Miguel like he didn't exist. It was rude and disrespectful.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, marshmallows said:

. If this is what Kate and Kevin stop speaking to Randall over, then they are putting the blame in the wrong place and overreacting per usual. I love Kevin, can't stand Kate, but whether love or hate them, they are 2 of the most selfish people out there. Randall is always trying even if he does have flaws, I feel like he is usually trying to do the right thing.

While I understand Randall wanting to respect his mother's wishes and not tell Kate and Kevin about her memory problems, he still has to let Kate know because of Baby Jack.  Rebecca and Miguel chose to move to LA partly to help Kate with the baby.  Kate as a mother needs to know that Rebecca is having issues so she does not inadvertently leave her child with Rebecca.  The situation sucks for all involved, but to keep Kate in the dark is asking for trouble and can have some serious negative outcomes.  Randall has to go back to Philadelphia and won't be around to make sure Rebecca is not left alone with the baby.  

• Love 3
On 1/27/2020 at 4:38 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

While I understand Randall wanting to respect his mother's wishes and not tell Kate and Kevin about her memory problems, he still has to let Kate know because of Baby Jack.  Rebecca and Miguel chose to move to LA partly to help Kate with the baby.  Kate as a mother needs to know that Rebecca is having issues so she does not inadvertently leave her child with Rebecca.  The situation sucks for all involved, but to keep Kate in the dark is asking for trouble and can have some serious negative outcomes.  Randall has to go back to Philadelphia and won't be around to make sure Rebecca is not left alone with the baby.  

It's not Randall's place to tell. It's Rebecca's. I'm not sure why everyone is so quick to place the blame on Randall in this situation when really it is on Rebecca. She should tell her children, especially Kate for the safety of Jack. As of now, it is mild cognitive impairment, so baby Jack is most likely safe especially since Miguel seems to be around most of the time with Rebecca anyways. Now, once it worsens, it's honestly at that point more of Miguel's responsibility to tell Kate since he will be seeing everything going on with Rebecca first hand while Randall won't be able to considering he is on the other side of the country.

On 1/27/2020 at 4:10 PM, smartymarty said:

Different strokes. When he made the arrangements, Randall didn't know that Miguel would push back on an effort to get Rebecca diagnosed. It wasn't until the end that Miguel commented that he thought the memory problems were normal aging. Randall didn't consult Miguel at all! He just barged in all savior-like. He should have coordinated with Miguel, not pushed him aside as though Miguel is not his mother's husband. Only if Miguel pushed back would Randall have authority -- not as a concerned son but because Rebecca confided in him -- to make the appointment anyway. And then, then! only if he thought Miguel would not follow through, should Randall have flown out to California for the appointment. Randall treated Miguel like he didn't exist. It was rude and disrespectful.

Agree to disagree I guess. Idk why so many fans seem to have a problem with Randall caring about his mother. I know I would jump on a plane for my mother too, regardless if her husband was taking to the doctor. Not because I don't trust him, but because I would want to be there for my mom. I have no idea why this is so wrong.

• Love 2
On 1/16/2020 at 11:04 AM, MaggieG said:

I've never seen Chicago PD or One Tree Hill so I actually thought she was getting over a cold and that's why her voice was like that. No idea that that's how she usually sounds.

Isn't Sophie currently dating someone else? I too am wondering why she is calling Kevin. She never bothered me when she was on, but I hope she doesn't turn out to be Kevin's wife/baby mama. I feel like their story is over. I wouldn't mind if it's Cassidy.

I thought that was Sophia Bush from Chicago PD. I’ve never seen her looking that good. I never watched One Tree Hill, even though I think it was filmed in my state.  I like her ok, but her voice always makes me want to clear my throat. It’s a little distracting. 

On 1/16/2020 at 5:32 PM, qtpye said:

Jack was great during the first seasons but he is no longer needed. The Pearson's need to get over his death and so does the show.

Maybe the show will forget him together with Rebecca...

Man Kate, your man telling you how he is the most faithfull husband on the planet and that he is understandably strugling with the fact that his son was born blind and you blow up on him. Making it totally justified that he took so long to tell you, in fear you would do just that.

At least she's dependable, I guess.

On 1/15/2020 at 12:16 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It wasn't just that the clock was sloppy. As the doctor explained, the way that Rebecca wrote the numbers shows some spatial dysfunction.

814431739_mocaclock.thumb.jpg.38f80f070af5105ce5828f44d3b6a34a.jpg

Man, I didn't look at it this closely. The way the doctor described it it sounded like it was just slightly off. This is some major neurological problem we are seeing here. Almost seems like the props department overdid it a bit for the level of cognitive impairment she is supposed to be at, at the moment.

On 1/15/2020 at 12:10 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

moca.png.cf88419c60bb8307e3e319722bcd9a88.png

Well those attention and memory tests are just impossible. XD

Edited by Zonk
On 9/1/2021 at 10:32 AM, Zonk said:

Man Kate, your man telling you how he is the most faithfull husband on the planet and that he is understandably strugling with the fact that his son was born blind and you blow up on him. Making it totally justified that he took so long to tell you, in fear you would do just that.

At least she's dependable, I guess.

Man, I didn't look at it this closely. The way the doctor described it it sounded like it was just slightly off. This is some major neurological problem we are seeing here. Almost seems like the props department overdid it a bit for the level of cognitive impairment she is supposed to be at, at the moment.

Well those attention and memory tests are just impossible. XD

the tests are easier when you are actually taking the test

1 minute ago, bros402 said:

the tests are easier when you are actually taking the test

I doubt it. I have bad ADHD. Those memory and attention tests are just not happening for me.

All the other parts are easy as pie, but not those ones.

2 minutes ago, Zonk said:

I doubt it. I have bad ADHD. Those memory and attention tests are just not happening for me.

All the other parts are easy as pie, but not those ones.

They are (at least for me) - I have ADHD-PI (I'd say moderate) and I have done two neuropsychological evaluations and a few psychoeducational evaluations. It's difficult when just reading it off the sheet and trying to remember it, but it is a bit easier in person when you are face to face with the evaluator.

I mean with a full NPE they do a lot more so it isn't just based off of like 2-3 questions, since there are multiple areas of memory - I do get some below average scores in memory, but people with ADHD can do decently enough

Edited by bros402
  • Love 1