Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion: There's a New Sheriff in Town

• Start Topic

Anybody still out there? New sheriff takes over from (possibly) corrupt old sheriff -- at least inept sheriff who didn't do shakedowns, repairs, or spend the whole food budget. Inmates running the asylum at will, because none of the locks work! Overcrowding makes things extra fun.

The newbies include a correctional officer, a police officer, a quarterback, a born-again Christian, an at-risk-program teacher, a Marine and a poly-sci student. In other words, cannon fodder, all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:

So the locks don't work and there is no barrier between the inmates and C.O.s? The fuck?? This looks scarier than ever and I am totally here for it!!

Me too!!!

• Love 2

Ok, this is going to be a good season, not like the dumpster fire that was last season.  Don't have much to say about the participants yet, but that young man (student maybe?) is probably going to pee his pants.  And I don't blame him.  I can't imagine why anybody in their right mind would do this.  I'd rather go on "Naked & Afraid" and I wouldn't do that for a million dollars.  Ok, maybe a million .....

This is a bit off-topic, but I'd LOVE to see a reality show with cameras following Lori Loughlin when/if she goes to prison.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Holy crap. No place, no jail should be like that. That jail is a crime against humanity. People are being held there who have not yet been convicted of a crime. 

ETA:  I cannot believe that they are letting that wimpy political science major do this show in that jail.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 10
On 1/3/2020 at 8:13 PM, TeapotWakeen said:

Anybody still out there? New sheriff takes over from (possibly) corrupt old sheriff -- at least inept sheriff who didn't do shakedowns, repairs, or spend the whole food budget. Inmates running the asylum at will, because none of the locks work! Overcrowding makes things extra fun.

The new sheriff has his work cut out for him.  His ordering the shakedown on his first week was a good start.  The amount of weapons, drugs and other contraband was horrifying.  It is unbelievable that over 200 door and cell door locks were broken.  Inmates come and go from their cells at will, no one is safe in that facility.  I can't blame any of the participants from dropping out of the program.

• Love 12

There may be a new sheriff, but the scary thing is that all those corrections officers turned a blind eye to all the infractions in the jail. Shoddy strip searches indicates lazy guards that either don’t care, or are on the take. They need something like the National Guard to go in and clean up. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

Why in the world would the woman who can’t eat gluten not inform the people who run 60 days in about her dietary restriction?  I just don’t understand people.  

on another note this prison is the most scariest yet on 60 day.  I would have tapped out in intake too.  Can’t blame that guy.  Lol

• Love 12

So the big bad Marine and the corrections officer are the first to tap?  And then the female police officer? This season will be three episodes, I guess 

How do these COs still have jobs?

Edited by OoogleEyes
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, OoogleEyes said:

So the big bad Marine and the corrections officer are the first to tap?  And then the female police officer? This season will be three episodes, I guess 

How do these COs still have jobs?

As far as the marine guy, he was screwed from the beginning with his cover story.  Why on earth would they tell him that he got arrested in a town 4 counties away from Etowah county?  I don't know if it is the production team or the Jail, but they need to do a better job with the cover stories for the participants.  I was disappointed in the Correctional Officer who tapped out. He should have asked to go to Medical when he was having that anxiety attack.  

• Love 7

The football player  is acting like he’s going to a summer camp and is going to be the HBIC.  He  might be in for a rude awakening.  I’m actually scared for him.  

Edited by lasandi
  • Love 7

This is a crazy location and seems like there should have been way more prep and way more time setup before sending these people in. And the whole sending someone in immediately was a change that I think was a mistake.The marine was rushed in and didn't fully have his story straight.  Honestly I'm not sure this was a smart move to go to this prison. I agree with the marine who said it is just unsafe. There are so many blatant things going on that they can see with the cameras and don't really need the spies! They are barely hiding anything. It is so severely overcrowded and understaffed. And how on earth have the locks not been fixed yet?! 

The woman's pod is a mess - no change of clothes or underwear or anything?!? I understand that prison is a punishment but there is a level of basic human rights that should be maintained.

I do find it interesting how quick intake was for the women but the men are left forever. I think it was the lack of sleep from the night before combined with being shoved in intake for forever just caused the CO to spiral. He was in no shape to be mentally tough. 

Then we have the football player who is way too arrogant. Didn't listen to the chief and is drawing way too much attention to himself. I hope he gets checked soon without getting seriously hurt. 

• Love 9

They seem to under estimate the intelligence of some of the prisoners, they know exactly what questions to ask of the newbies and seem to be really good at picking out the plants or at least suspecting, and it does seem that there has been immediate suspicion each season.

Perhaps they should have an educational session with an actual ex-con before sending these people in there, they seem awfully unprepared, but the place is really like a wild planet.  This is the worst one yet, the guards are either just there to get the day in and get home alive, or are cruel assholes who enjoy treating people like shit.  I hope that female guard gets fired, that was beyond the pale. 

I would never do anything like this in a million years or even for a million dollars, too big of a chicken.  I do however find myself fasinated by those who do, who crave this kind of challenge and excitment, and not just on this particular program.  I feel so safe watching them from the comfort of my bedroom! 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, slaterain said:

I do find it interesting how quick intake was for the women but the men are left forever. I think it was the lack of sleep from the night before combined with being shoved in intake for forever just caused the CO to spiral. He was in no shape to be mentally tough. 

I agree with all of your post.  I also think that while sitting in intake for hours, the CO saw how out of control and unsafe that facility is.  He knows how things should be run by the jail's staff and he knew that place was too dangerous.  He was smart and brave to tap out.  It is not worth dying for a tv show.

• Love 10

They should all tap out ASAP and never subject the ones who have not been “arrested” yet to that nightmare place. I really hope the ones who tap out don’t feel bad— they were put into a situation that was out of control and ridiculously dangerous.

One of the biggest problems I see is that not all of the people who are in that place have actually even gone to trial yet. So potentially innocent people are experiencing those hellish conditions. 

The female fake inmate’s roommate was sooooooo thoughtful to give up her t-shirts to help her.

I am furious that jails like that exist. It’s wrong. 

• Love 9

What in the world is wrong with Mr Quarterback?  What did he really join the program for?  In ep 1 I was afraid for him. In ep 3 I’m starting to think maybe someone needs to knock him off of that high horse he’s perched himself up on.  Smh

On another note, good riddance to that female guard. What a beyotch!

• Love 11
On 1/7/2020 at 2:44 PM, Juliegirlj said:

There may be a new sheriff, but the scary thing is that all those corrections officers turned a blind eye to all the infractions in the jail. Shoddy strip searches indicates lazy guards that either don’t care, or are on the take. They need something like the National Guard to go in and clean up. 

Sadly, I wasn't surprised or shocked.  It looks like either the higher ups have been running off with the prison budget, or there is no prison budget.  

As for the CO's, in a lot of these small towns there are no jobs; manufacturing jobs have either left the US because of greedy owners or have automated altogether.  So what jobs can a person do that brings in a steady paycheck and you get a pension?  Law enforcement.  My friend's husband took a job in corrections for just that reason, and he was over 45 when he did so.

I would not be surprised if many of the people in that jail are mentally ill and should be in a hospital rather than prison.

Also, remember that a lot of folks don't give a shit how people are treated in jail because....well, they're in jail, you know.  

I also think the sheriff knows exactly what he's doing by letting the cameras in.  He's probably hoping that the American people become outraged and maybe then things will change.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Archer27 said:

Ashley enjoyed the fight far too much. 

And apparently that didn't go unnoticed by her next door neighbour. I think Ashley is out next, which is too bad, I think she could have done something in there for people.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Archer27 said:

Ashley enjoyed the fight far too much. 

Dennis is an arrogant jerk. I wish they would send him home.

Didn't Dennis give himself a different name?  I don't think that guy's all there.

I like the young student though.  

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Didn't Dennis give himself a different name?  I don't think that guy's all there.

I like the young student though.  

Neither do I.  Dennis/Quincy is not playing with a full deck.  And when someone tells you that you are endangering yourself and you call it bullying. What?   He is cruising for a bruising.  I wonder if they do a psych evaluation before letting people into the program...and if they did,  how did Dennis pass? 

• Love 9

I think it's wonderful that Dennis is so comfortable in the jail, making friends, doing his thing, because with his attitude it won't be long before he lands himself in jail/prison for real.  And he can front all he likes while he is protected by production, cameras, etc and can walk out any time he decides he's done. Big man, he is. Let him get incarcerated for real and see what a big man he is then. The guy actually threatened the Chief for after the show is over. Actually threatened him physically because he wants to show 'white boy' he won't be disrespected. The guy is a dangerous fool and they should boot him ASAP. This is the first time I have hoped for a real beatdown of one of the participants. The mom in me wants to know who damaged this young man so that he has an unquenchable need for narcissistic worship of his awesomeness and no empathy or understanding of other people, but the damage is done and he is who he is now.  I worry about any women who get involved with him in future. 

Won't it be great if the new tough guy they are sending in puts Dennis in his place? We can only hope.

Funny how Alex the student who we were all worried about seems to be the only male who is managing the program more or less successfully.

Ashley was a grinning idiot in that fight. Has she no sense at all? She seems so normal but that reaction was just bizarre to me.

• Love 16
20 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:

Yep, "Quincy". 

To be more "authentic"

I've never wanted to see someone's ass get kicked as bad as I want to see Quincy's ass get kicked. 

Edited by OoogleEyes
  • Love 13

This season is really weird.   It’s like no one has ever watched this show EXCEPT the inmates.    

I get that some people have dietary restrictions but the lady who has been crying over it from day one must have had one hell of a sheltered life.   Then we have Ashley  enjoying the fight a little too much which is all well and good you need to fit in but flexing for the camera was just stupid.   And Dennis is being waaaay too gangster to not be an actual gangster.

As for the mean CO lady she probably has people protecting her and the chief needs evidence to suspend her which he will use this “experiment” as.   I mean come on what she is doing is petty at best.   It might even border on criminal but firing her at this juncture might not be safe for the program.   

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3
On 1/4/2020 at 8:53 AM, TipseyGirl said:

So the locks don't work and there is no barrier between the inmates and C.O.s? The fuck?? This looks scarier than ever and I am totally here for it!!

FYI this is actually called Direct Supervision and it is believed by many of the “new guard” of prison reform to actually be safer and more secure because it is based on continuous observation and not just the occasional walkthrough.   It also entails prison guards to spend their days in the pods with the inmates which means getting to know the inmates and there are some who believe leads to a sense of familiarity.   Of course you will always have bad apples like the lady who at best is having a bad day and taking it out on the female pod even though she should know better.  

• Useful 6
  • Love 3

I can’t believe Dennis wasn’t booted from the program right then and there when he had that little meeting. 

The 32DDD born again women is interesting because I can’t figure out why the other prisoners are so drawn to her. I mean, compared to a lot of the people in there, she’s clean and well groomed with good skin and teeth. But that can’t be it. I haven’t seen any evidence of a sparkling personality. Charisma can be such a mystery sometimes.

I am relieved for the male student who seems to be doing OK even though he’s frustrated about not being able to make connections with the other prisoners. But from the previews it looks like he’s going to draw too much attention to himself when he’s able to get commissary. 

Was the ex-marine who tapped out in put in a different male pod from the one Dennis and the male student are in? Their pod doesn’t seem to be as potentially violent.

• Love 2
On 1/24/2020 at 7:47 PM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

The guy actually threatened the Chief for after the show is over. Actually threatened him physically because he wants to show 'white boy' he won't be disrespected.

The thing is, young black men DO get disrespected A LOT, especially by white people in law enforcement, that's not a lie.  However, Dennis had to have known that the sheriff was a white man, so why agree to do the program? 

Another one I can't stand, Jennifer.  She got upset with Shanese because of her food allergies.  But Shanese begs a question, what would happen to a real inmate with her allergies? 

The only reason Jennifer is getting the attention isn't only because of the Holy Spirit, but also because she's an attractive, exotic looking woman.  A few years ago, on the TV show "Catfish" Nev talked to a woman whose pictures were constantly getting stolen and used by Catfishers.  She was an attractive black biracial looking woman; so Jennifer, it's not just the Holy Spirit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

It was mentioned several times that Dennis had played football through college. A lot of those guys get used to special treatment while in school. He did say he had been a quarterback so he, no doubt, is used to getting away with more than your average Joe. Obviously he went no further than college so his life has probably changed big time and he sees this as his breakout role. He has certainly used every opportunity to be seen shirtless on the air. If he took the program seriously he could be a huge asset due to the fact he fit in so quickly.

• Love 14

I’m on episode 4 I think, but is it just me or-  is Dennis a tool looking to get camera time for something to further a career?  I mean, he seemed awesome at first, but now he’s just depicted as a show off that wants to look cool and get noticed as a model or something- while being the “tough guy” that doesn’t take any bull.  Sorry, I don’t mean to sound hateful, it’s not my intention.  His actions just bug me.  It feels like helping them is not his top priority at all anymore.  Sucks, cause I really liked him at first. 😕

• Love 5
12 hours ago, MurphysMom said:

It was mentioned several times that Dennis had played football through college. A lot of those guys get used to special treatment while in school. He did say he had been a quarterback so he, no doubt, is used to getting away with more than your average Joe. Obviously he went no further than college so his life has probably changed big time and he sees this as his breakout role. He has certainly used every opportunity to be seen shirtless on the air. If he took the program seriously he could be a huge asset due to the fact he fit in so quickly.

Hopefully Tony (the new guy they were interviewing) will show Dennis who's boss. 

I hope Ashley leaves SOON.  Her standing there laughing while a girl was getting her ass beat showed me just what a nutjob she is.  I wouldn't have suspected her as "60 Days In," I would have just thought she was a nutjob. 

Nobody was asking her to stop the fight, but when it was over, she could have at least gone up to the girl who got the beat down and asked if she was okay, you know, acted like a human being.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, MurphysMom said:

This whole show to Dennis is nothing more than a 60-day audition for future TV endeavors.  

• Love 11
On 1/25/2020 at 7:16 PM, Chaos Theory said:

As for the mean CO lady she probably has people protecting her and the chief needs evidence to suspend her which he will use this “experiment” as.   I mean come on what she is doing is petty at best.   It might even border on criminal but firing her at this juncture might not be safe for the program.   

I think maybe they needed a body and couldn't replace her fast enough.  She is a nasty, nasty woman. Unfortunately there are many people in similar positions who power trip and get off on belittling others. 

• Love 8

6B9463D7-2943-4808-A6E2-B2C25709DEAC.gif.ce4ae6cb27f3e248dfcc84d551fc1cf4.gif

Ms Williams returning to the guard job she walked out on the other day. Lol

How does she still have her job after walking off of her shift?  I have hope that after this, her actions at work will cause her to lose her job.  Again I say, what a beyotch!!

Edited by lasandi
  • Love 11
On 1/25/2020 at 8:11 PM, Neurochick said:

The thing is, young black men DO get disrespected A LOT, especially by white people in law enforcement, that's not a lie.  However, Dennis had to have known that the sheriff was a white man, so why agree to do the program? 

Another one I can't stand, Jennifer.  She got upset with Shanese because of her food allergies.  But Shanese begs a question, what would happen to a real inmate with her allergies? 

The only reason Jennifer is getting the attention isn't only because of the Holy Spirit, but also because she's an attractive, exotic looking woman.  A few years ago, on the TV show "Catfish" Nev talked to a woman whose pictures were constantly getting stolen and used by Catfishers.  She was an attractive black biracial looking woman; so Jennifer, it's not just the Holy Spirit.

Jennifer keeps talking about Shanese wanting to be coddled, but I don't see it that way.  Shanase isn't looking to be pited she is just frustrated at the situation she is in.  Some people keep their emotions to themselves and others express it out in the open.  

Alex says he will not be bullied out of his commissary, but he did not make a good impression the other week letting those young black guys take the basketball from him.

None of the participants have really collected any information to help the program,  the new guy Tony may be their only help.

• Love 5

So far, I like Tony. He seems to understand his purpose...unlike Dennis/Quincy. I loved when the one officer told Tony that Dennis wants to go to Hollywood after being on the show. Dennis' Adam's apple annoys me. 

• Love 10