Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation Without Spoilers

• Start Topic

(edited)

Not done, but here's more:

(Picking up from Mrs.RafaelBarba)
That amazing song kicks in.
A herd is shown shambling towards fire, Eugene on top a fire truck spraying walkers.
Tara nearby leaning against the building.
Shots of walkers
Michonne smashing a walker into the ground.
Rick (to Carl), "I don't trust this guy."
Shot of Gareth
Bob slashing at a walker.
Rick, holding a gun, looking down into a collapsed floor.
Waterlogged walker looks up.
Walker shambling in woods.
Abraham attacks someone (presumably a walker) inside of a building.
Tyrese and Carol, holding Judith, stand on the tracks [probably from the S5 premiere]
More walkers walking in the woods
Carl, "We've all done something."
Rick pulls out gun.
Rick opens door of church, aiming gun inside, as if to clear it out. Priest can be seen outside behind him. Group walks inside church.
Gareth, "you don't trust us anymore"
Michone, outside in woods, at night, unsheathing katana.
Rick, "These people are my family..."
Shot of Rick holding Judith, with Carl, Eugene, Sasha, Glenn, Tara, Tyrese and Maggie visible.
"and if you hurt them in any way, I will kill you."
Rick, in church, with Maggie behind.
Gun loading
Shot of Gareth
Rick holding a gun, sound of shot firing.
[Magazine quote]
Walkers in watery basement (?)
Michonne katana'ing a walker, somewhere outside.
Carl, "Here!"
Michonne takes out the walker Carl was dealing with.
Shot of a hand holding a knife.
Shot of Tyrese looking seriously unnerved.
Abraham, "The trail needs to leave for D.C...."
Shot of Daryl peering around a corner at walkers (looks like Terminus grounds; ETA: or a city street)
Rick looking into someone's eyes.
"right now."
Glenn outside killing a walker.
[Newspaper quote]
Building seen in the dark
Shot of Daryl in the dark.
Walkers growling at Abraham outside of a building; he bashes a few.
Rick to Abraham, "We're not going anywhere without our people."
Glenn, Maggie, Michonne, and Rick walking across a road, daytime, somone emerging from the woods behind them.
Daryl kicking a walker; then its head is bashed in.
[Card: "#1 Program on Television"]
Gareth standing outside of a door, listening in and holding a gun.

Edited by lulee
  • Love 3
Wow. I know that's not technically a spoiler, but it sure is spoilery. I stopped watching half way through. It felt like it was giving away the whole season.

Sorry! Maybe the mods could give us clarification on what the spoiler rules are, but I've always been of the mind that anything released by the network is not considered a spoiler. Posting that some tabloid saw a certain actor film a scene in a certain location, thereby reassuring you that said person makes it to point "x" - that I would consider a spoiler. And I definitely consider talking about comic stuff that has not yet happened to be spoilery.

• Love 2

Shot of Daryl peering around a corner at walkers (looks like Terminus grounds)

I'm almost positive this is a city street, presumably the one where we see the van falling off the overpass.  It looked like sidewalks, storefronts and street signs from what I could see.

The van that flips over says "Church Van" across the top so I'm assuming a hasty exit from the church or someone tries to escape.

The woman with Beth is almost certainly wearing a police uniform.   You can see POL across the top and CITY OF across the bottom.  In the scene in the office, it looks like the cop (or "cop") was attacked by the woman Beth was holding down on the gurney.  More importantly, she has blood around her mouth making it look like she's taken a bite out of the cop but she's doesn't appear to have turned.  I'm guessing she's either a) so physically and emotionally beat down from what they've done to her there that she's pulled a Rick Grimes on the cop or b) this is some kind of medical study facility and they've done something to give her zombie tendencies without actually turning.   The scene on the gurney could come before the attack when they're doing whatever makes her turn or after the attack when they're trying to contain and study her.

What's with all the walkers who have skeletal faces now?  

• Love 2
(edited)

Daryl is on a city street.

Take a peek at  :22 seconds---Is that Sam? the male partner in the fruitcouple? That Rick and Carol were waiting for, and the whole thing about the watch?

Finally got Sasha off closed caption

"Do you realize three of us are gone?!" (Must be about Abraham wanting to leave now and the others "not leaving without our people".)

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 2

Yeah, I remember the silencers before; I just don't understand if they got their own weapons back or if those are from the Termites? I hope Carol and Tyreese found the bag.

I wonder why Father Gabriel would have Rick and peeps clear the church--hasn't he been living there?

Advancing decomposition?

There was a WD special on about the making of the Walkers, and they said they've had to change the make up and look of them because they have been around awhile now and are starting to decompose.  It was really interesting!

• Love 3

Oh dear Lawd.

Another source has a poster named spqhunt wondering why aren't there any fat people at the trough?

His/Her/It's theory is that the skinny, muscly guys will be tough meat, and will be served to new arrivals, "the way you serve guests you don't like the skirt steak"

(snort)

This goes on to speculate that women children and fat men will be more tender, "marbled" meat, that the Termites will save for themselves.

spqhunt then says note that Eugene and Abraham are not at the trough.---and invites other theories.

Someone else--kerrygold-- suggests that fatties like Eugene and Abraham are being rendered down for soap and candles

I thought this was funny, but---- after I considered how bad a Eugene&Abraham Scented Candle would smell----as Carrie on Sex In The City would voiceover:

I couldn't help but wonder--why aren't the fatties at the trough?

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 2

My husband and I always make our guesses on "who's going to die this season" before it starts; anyone want to make their predictions? It seems this show usually offs at least 2 people who were around the previous season, and then maybe a couple newbies. I'll count Eugene and gang as new, because they were only in the last few episodes. 

My guesses: Carol, Sasha, and Eugene. 

Backup guesses: Beth, Tyrese, and Rosita. 

I've seen some spec online that people think Glenn is going to bite it, maybe in the premiere. I won't rule anyone out save Rick and Carl, but in the premiere? We see him later in the church scenes, right?

• Love 1

Beth, but I think that might just be wishful thinking

Sasha or Tyresse, one of the sibs is gone by mid season break

I would actually prefer Carl, Rick or Daryl. I think they need a shocking death to raise the stakes.

• Love 3

I think Rick will die, but at the very end of the series. Carl is the one guaranteed survivor, IMO. I know Daryl is a huge fan favorite, but I don't think he's entirely safe. In fact, several times last season I thought he was a goner. And while I like him, I don't think it would be the end of the world. Daryl has long been Rick's right hand man, and I absolutely loved when they were reunited and Rick told Daryl they were brothers. But he has Michonne now and Carl is growing into more of a man every day. Who knows what role Abraham will eventually fill. So, not saying I WANT Daryl gone, but I don't think he's off limits at this point.

• Love 1

My husband and I always make our guesses on "who's going to die this season" before it starts; anyone want to make their predictions? It seems this show usually offs at least 2 people who were around the previous season, and then maybe a couple newbies. I'll count Eugene and gang as new, because they were only in the last few episodes. 

I have bonded with all my characters on The Walking Dead, so I am pulling for ALL of them to survive. There, I admitted it! I'm not good with loss, and my favourite story lines are when a beloved character gets pulled back from the brink.

I know: it's a good thing that I'm not a writer on the show, because people would get bored out of their minds with the lack of tragedy and death. But once we lost Shane and the Governor (may he rot in zombie hell forever), that was enough for me.

But my peaceful streak won't prevent me from watching the premiere tonight!

• Love 3

Beth, but I think that might just be wishful thinking

Sasha or Tyresse, one of the sibs is gone by mid season break

I would actually prefer Carl, Rick or Daryl. I think they need a shocking death to raise the stakes.

Please let it be Beth, hopefully before she does another musical number.

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't mind Beth's singing....but I would prefer that if she's going to die it's before she does that awkward, "I'm a puppet with no strings" crying routine again.

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 2

I want her to sing "And When I Die" and then, you know, die.

I generally don't wish unemployment on anyone, heck, I wanted Andrea to live and see if she could claw out of her writer's hole. But Emily Kinney just brings most, not all, but most scenes to a screeching halt.

Maybe she got better over the hiatus, stranger things have happened.

• Love 3

I don't mind Beth's singing....but I would prefer that if she's going to die it's before she does that awkward, "I'm a puppet with no strings" crying routine again.

Don't you just want to put a big metal key in her back and turn it round and round 'til she stands upright?

• Love 2
Don't you just want to put a big metal key in her back and turn it round and round 'til she stands upright?

Yes! Lol, poor Beth. Does she sometimes forget she's playing a human and not a walker?

• Love 2

So, now what do we think of Eugene and his cure story? I didn't believe him before and I still don't. What was the rambling business about fighting fire with fire? You're just going to kill them all? That's your big cure? What about the fact that "we're all infected"??? I THOUGHT he was going to reveal that HE, literally, was the cure because he was immune or something. But yea, I still think he's peddling this story to garner protection for his bumbling ass. Time will tell. 

• Love 3

So, now what do we think of Eugene and his cure story? I didn't believe him before and I still don't. What was the rambling business about fighting fire with fire? You're just going to kill them all? That's your big cure? What about the fact that "we're all infected"??? I THOUGHT he was going to reveal that HE, literally, was the cure because he was immune or something. But yea, I still think he's peddling this story to garner protection for his bumbling ass. Time will tell. 

I was thinking the exact same thing. Especially with that military experiment story. I was thinking he was going to say he was injected with some sort of immunity concoction...similar to Sarah Newlin's role in the last seasons of True Blood. But yes, time will tell if he's full of shit or not.

• Love 1

I'm wary of Eugene's theory of fighting fire with fire.  In I Am Legend Dr. Crippen engineered a virus to cure cancer and it turned people into very athletic zombies.  Nothing good comes from messing with fictional viruses.  I did like that Sasha pressed Eugene for an answer in spite of Abraham and Rosita insisting it was unnecessary.  If I'm going to put my ass on the line, I want to know it's worth it.  Well done, Sasha.  Given that Eugene did answer and sounded convincing, I guess we're off to Washington next. 

Near the end, when Abraham and Rosita were talking, he said something that made me think he's planning to challenge Rick's leadership of the group (something about 'we'll talk to him later')  Abraham seems like a guy who's used to being in charge, but I don't see the group giving him that much authority since he's a stranger to most of them.  Anyone else think Abraham believes he's the only person capable of leading everyone to Washington?

Hmmm, yea, that could get interesting - because you basically have two groups with clearly defined leaders merging together now. With all the chaos of last season it wasn't an issue. But once things die down, it might be. 

Question - is it considered a spoiler if we talk about something that was revealed on Talking Dead? I don't read the comics and I don't actively look for spoilers. But I do watch network previews and watch TTD, and there was something said tonight I wanted to spec on, but I want to make sure I'm following the rules.

Question - is it considered a spoiler if we talk about something that was revealed on Talking Dead? I don't read the comics and I don't actively look for spoilers. But I do watch network previews and watch TTD, and there was something said tonight I wanted to spec on, but I want to make sure I'm following the rules.

I think spoilers (correct me mods if I'm wrong!) refers to stuff we are not officially supposed to know; like without the show's approval some fan sneaks on-location pics and uploads them. If the showrunners and producers release it to the world, as far as I know that's when no one can complain.

I did like when Gimple said "romances"--- plural!

Hmmm, yea, that could get interesting - because you basically have two groups with clearly defined leaders merging together now. With all the chaos of last season it wasn't an issue. But once things die down, it might be. 

ghoulina - because this thread is specifically tagged as NO SPOILER, you should not reveal anything that was said on the Talking Dead here in this particular thread, to respect those who really, really have willpower and don't want to read spoilers.

But lo and behold, you CAN talk about it here: WD Spoilers and Speculation Thread or in the Talking Dead thread.

• Love 2

I was thinking [Eugene] was going to say he was injected with some sort of immunity concoction...similar to Sarah Newlin's role in the last seasons of True Blood.

But that's the plot of SyFy's Z Nation, so I highly doubt TWD will ever go there.

• Love 1

But that's the plot of SyFy's Z Nation, so I highly doubt TWD will ever go there.

Had no idea, but that does make sense. Well nevermind that theory then.

I also thought Eugene's story could be just a bunch of bullshittery just to convince people to protect his lame-duck ass. I mean it's obvious dude is out of shape and not very able to defend himself. No one would do it for him without this reeeeeeeeeeeally good reason. It wouldn't take a whole lot of military knowledge to concoct a story like that, and be super vague since everything is "classified" and if/when they ever get to DC it will probably be mostly overrun or rubble. Then he can just shrug and say "oh well. I failed."

• Love 2

I can't understand how the concept of information being "classified" is even a thing at this point in the ZA. It sounded ridiculous to me.

Also, when CDB were at the CDC, we knew that all the other highly secured CDC facilities and counterparts worldwide were defunct, overrun, and/or destroyed. Where, exactly, in DC did Eugene say he was headed? Ugh, if they don't shed some light on his "story" I'm going to have real trouble tolerating this plotline.

• Love 2

I think when you have swarms of dead folk trying to eat you, and when you have a bunch of living Starbuck nerds trying to eat you, the word Classified goes out the window.

I swear, if our gang, now that Rick's back in charge, doesn't make Eugene 'fess up, then they are all worthless!

I mean, think about it -- Rick's the one that made Camp Dinner Bell go into to Atlanta to be saved by the CDC.  Whoops - that didn't work out so well (except they did learn something important about the virus, or whatever the hell it is).  So you'd think Rick will be even more sensitive to following someone else on what could be a wild goose chase.  Unless Eugene tells them something convincing.

• Love 2

From S05.E01: No Sanctuary:

This talk about genetic cures makes me wonder if Judith might end up serving a larger plot point. Any chance that people born after the outbreak are clean, or at least immune? If she were scratched or bitten but didn't turn, her survival is even more highly prioritized. And even if they decided to kill her off because it's just too hard dragging a baby around in this new world, if she didn't come back, it tells them the same thing. Gives hope.

We might see a little more shagging then. ;)

I love this theory.

One of the cast members is pregnant, so perhaps her character

could have a baby that becomes the "test case"—since I doubt TPTB would ever allow Lil Asskicker to be bitten.

Edited by editorgrrl

I wonder if any of them (Glenn,?) could remember what the virus-under-the-slide picture looked like? Bob wasn't there, but he was a medic and he could grab a microscope and some slides somewhere, make a slide of a drop of blood to see what it looked like. Too late to save Judith's umbilical cord, but she has baby teeth I see and that might be a little blood. If it's like HIV or hepatitus, shouldn't just saliva or epithelial cells (swab inside cheek) be enough? That would at least end one big question--do humans that weren't here when it started have the pathogen? If she doesn't, that would change everything, if she is infected...at least you know.

Wouldn't/shouldn't Eugene know what the virus looks like?  I'm no scientist (I didn't even play one on TV), but how 'bout if they take blood samples from everybody and compare.  Kind of like: you show me yours, I'll show you mine.

Then they'll see the similarities, or not (if people are right about Judith not having it).

(Once again: I'm NO scientist.!!!!  So, don't shoot me if I said something stupid.)

(And, yes, I realize this needs equipment to do.  Like in a hospital.  And don't we go near a hospital later in the season?)

Edited by JackONeill

Well, maybe they could go on a jaunt back to the vet college. I'm sure they would have some sort of equipment there. They always seem to find the crap that they need, so I bet they could find a microscope and some slides if they cared to. 

I think the hospital featured in the trailers is where Beth is at, I'm not sure any of the rest of the gang goes there. 

• Love 1

I went back and rewatched the season 5 trailer from Comic Con that was posted on p. 1 of this thread. Very interesting to see which parts were from last Sunday and which are yet to air.

Judging by the preview for next week shown after the ep, I feel like most of the remaining Season 5 trailer scenes will be this week. While I could get a lot more specific, I'll keep this short and say that I think I can piece together some of the events of this episode, but one thing I like about this show is that even knowing some of the events doesn't mean knowing much of what's going to happen.

• Love 2

Does anyone else think that Maggie might end up preggers? If you remember, they had that discussion back at the prison and they also had some spur-of-the-moment sexy times later in that season.

I sure hope they don't do it because I hate the "OMG....let's throw in a pregnancy storyline!" thing that shows love to do. And we've already had one. But Glen and Maggie are so lovey dovey obsessed with each other that I could see them doing something like that.

And then Glen would die. Guarantee it.

Edited by Disraeli Ears
  • Love 1

I predict that Washington will be completely over-run with zombies, but Eugene will know of a group of scientists in England. Along the way, Carl's hat will be eaten by sharks, and Carl will again descend into homicidal darkness. He will also stay in England long enough to acquire a new accent, develop an interest in theatre, and he will try to grow the same hair as Michonne. In the same color as Abraham's. Obviously, he will get the words "LUV HAT" tatooed on his knuckles, and will for some reason change his name to Sideshow Bob.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 5

I wasn't really sure where to put this post....but I want to know how these people deal with real life stuff like having to use the bathroom during the ZA. I know men have the peeing scenario pretty easy but the women, not so much. Especially having to go outside. Chicks are left pretty vulnerable to attack while going. Men too, if they have to poop. Do they use the buddy system? I can't imagine anyone mid-squat being able to successfully fend off an attacker, be it human or walker. Also, do the chicks have an endless supply of Tampax with them or are we all supposed to assume they all conveniently got IUDs before the ZA happened?

These real life issues make me wonder. What do you guys think?

• Love 1