Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S07.E14: Witch-hunt

Recommended Posts

Btw, did Rhylee claim she’s the victim of a witch hunt?

They had to have fed her that line based on what’s been happening?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

My girl Simone was killing it on service this episode. Those of us who liked you from the beginning knew you had potential, unlike Kate and her fans. It’s time for a new chief stew, this one gets away with being a mean spirited mean girl. She always chooses one stew to hate and ensures that everyone knows it. She’ll probably stop being a bully when her actions causes someone to harm themselves or others. Brian and Tanner shut up! Rhylee isn’t here to lay down and serve you two idiots. I don’t know what Courtney sees in Brian or what Simone saw in Tanner. 
 

Ashton please take a life long vacation on a deserted island. Asking on behalf of society.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Ashton and his photo shoot looked so awkward, he is "I'm in a bar, it is slim pickings and it's getting late and I am drunk and want to get laid," good looking he is not model material.  

Simone was doing an excellent job in service.

Capt. Lee should not have been bad mouthing the guests to a stew, Ashton should not be discussing Rhylee with a crew member (feeding in to the feelings about Rhylee) and Kate should be teaching/leading her stews not tearing them down.  All their management styles are horrible and if they were in corporate America they would be in HR meetings on the regular!

  • Like 12
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

I said almost exactly this same thing to Capture Lee on Twitter, in response to a tweet of his saying he can’t do anything about the sexual harassment among the crew if it’s not brought to his attention, yadda, yadda, yadda...  I told him he could be more proactive about it, similar to his “don’t embarrass yourself or the boat” set of rules.  He didn’t respond.

I do wonder how much control he really has over the on camera interior and deck crew.  For example, if he wanted to get rid of Rhylee over her issues with Ashton (which are more a personality conflict than an issue that was putting anyone's life at risk), could production overrule him? 

 

18 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Capt. Lee should not have been bad mouthing the guests to a stew, Ashton should not be discussing Rhylee with a crew member (feeding in to the feelings about Rhylee) and Kate should be teaching/leading her stews not tearing them down.  All their management styles are horrible and if they were in corporate America they would be in HR meetings on the regular!

In fairness, if no one gossiped and everyone was on their best behavior, it probably wouldn't make for that interesting of a show.

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

While I have issues with Captain Lee, I do find it adorable that he eats Cheerios for breakfast.

I’m beginning to think that Ashton has always been an asshole, but got a good edit last year due to his accident.

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

I’m beginning to think that Ashton has always been an asshole, but got a good edit last year due to his accident.

As someone who never liked him and “Smashron’”s behavior is one of the reason Chandler was a shitty leader that got him fired because he punished the entire deck crew for Smashron getting wasted.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I didn’t like Capt Lee shit talking the guests with staff. Even if they deserve it that is NOT leadership. Capt Lee has a boss too and a captain talking shit about guests won’t help the Valor sign up more charters . I always find his smile when they leave is angry and fake. The minute they’re gone and hand him the tip he says something nasty. 

I do love his signature Kenny Rogers cowboy boots that go everywhere with him including his new accommodations in the Sky Lounge, the WWHL set when he is on etc. he is old school in a good way but sometimes a bad way. For me, he is leading some of the misogyny. Unintentionally. I think. 

If Rhylee gets fired I’ll be done. Ashton is a tool. I hope HE would b fired. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

 I always find his smile when they leave is angry and fake. The minute they’re gone and hand him the tip he says something nasty.

I always find his face during dinner with the guests to be hilarious.  Last night he was definitely channeling his inner grumpy toddler.  He certainly is not very good at hiding how he really feels! 😂

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Was the French Toast slightly burned? 

It could be the maple syrup from a tree would cover it up. Country optional. 

Someone who orders steak well done isn't going to be put off by a bit of char on french toast.   It did seem like his and his wife were a little jealous of the seafood dishes that were being presented to the other guests at the dinner.    "Here will have a scallop that has been...(insert long and intricate description of dish).   And for you.  Beef."

1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

While I have issues with Captain Lee, I do find it adorable that he eats Cheerios for breakfast.

I’m beginning to think that Ashton has always been an asshole, but got a good edit last year due to his accident.

He's also in a position of authority this year which has really highlighted his problems.

  • Like 12
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

56 minutes ago, Special K said:

I always find his face during dinner with the guests to be hilarious.  Last night he was definitely channeling his inner grumpy toddler.  He certainly is not very good at hiding how he really feels! 😂

I think that this may be one of the reasons that Captain Lee and Kate get along so well - they both have "resting bitch face", so they can commiserate with each other over other people's perception of them.

I love Captain Lee, but he really does give the initial appearance of a naturally good-natured person.  I understand he has a lot going on in his personal life, with his son and everything, so it's undertandable.   Also, some people's facial expressions just don't look happy or welcoming, in spite of their true personalities.  I really like Captain Lee, and I'm sure he's a really nice, stand-up old-school kind of guy in real life, but his natural facial expression does look a little scary!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I was mad this entire episode.  Captain Lee such a disappointment.  Like it or not you are the head babysitter.  To take feeling over fact and placate the whiney bitch ass deck crew over one crew member in that Kangaroo court for the remaining 6 days of the season shows a total lack of leadership skills.  Talks big but nothing to back it up.  Blow hard.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I think Rhylee and Ashton are being set up for a one-two punch.

Rhylee and her personality were brought on board to cause trouble, which I think she understands and is delivering (while being honestly dismayed at the rampant misogyny). The deck crew have probably been encouraged to amp up the harassment and complaining. 

Lee and Kate have to do their part but they seem over it all (except for the paychecks).

Ashton's too stupid to think any of this through.

So will Rhylee get canned, and then Ashton suffer a tongue lashing from Lee as the season ends? 

Meanwhile Eddie apparently waits in the wings.

I'm down to one Housewife show, and probably out, and I'm pretty sure Below Deck is next.

Watching this crap is depressing, not fun.

 

 

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

 

All their management styles are horrible and if they were in corporate America they would be in HR meetings on the regular!

 

3 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

 

 

In fairness, if no one gossiped and everyone was on their best behavior, it probably wouldn't make for that interesting of a show.

 

Yes, the show would be a dud if they were all a tip top well oiled machine that does the job perfectly...#1. And, #2, these aren't folks who could work in corp America hence them doing this shit grunt work. So, of course, you won't get the Igers or Zuckerbergs. Or even the many levels under Iger and Zuckerberg, who's names we don't know. Also, I think many on BD are also folks who maybe aspired to be actors so.....

 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I wish they'd do an all star season with Eddie and any of these as deckhands: Jennice, Connie, David (season 1) or Bruno. Then Kate with Amy and Josiah or maybe Emily. And, of course, Ben as chef or Adrian. Bam. 

 

Edited by Lamima
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Have we discussed how disgusting it is of Tanner to say all the terrible things he is saying about Kate and yet still actively treat her like a conquest? He's so gross. He and Ashton both actually. Both have objectified and actively tried to mount after proclaiming what a spoiled and manipulative bitch she is who also gets preferential treatment. Obviously none of the locals or tourists in the clubs they go to are interested so they hope the women on board are as horny and undiscerning as they are. This is the any hole will do mentality which actually Brian fully explained on one of the after shows by saying basically that while you're in tight quarters and there are no other options, you'll go after someone you normally would not to get your needs met. How'd that work out for you Bru?

  • Like 23
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Captain Lee is seventy years old and obviously severely depressed due to the death of his son. Kate is totally out of line in inserting herself into the operation of the deck crew. She seems to be doing it cover for Captain Lee. Captain Sandy would have been on top of the situation long before it got to where it is now. The Dud of the Sea can’t hack it any more and needs to go.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Captain Lee is seventy years old and obviously severely depressed due to the death of his son. Kate is totally out of line in inserting herself into the operation of the deck crew. She seems to be doing it cover for Captain Lee. Captain Sandy would have been on top of the situation long before it got to where it is now. The Dud of the Sea can’t hack it any more and needs to go.

Maybe he just needed some time. I think he will be his sparky self next season. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Captain Lee is seventy years old and obviously severely depressed due to the death of his son. Kate is totally out of line in inserting herself into the operation of the deck crew. She seems to be doing it cover for Captain Lee. Captain Sandy would have been on top of the situation long before it got to where it is now. The Dud of the Sea can’t hack it any more and needs to go.

I believe this entire season wrapped before Lee's son passed away.  Still might have been distracted by worry though.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

23 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Captain Sandy would have been on top of the situation long before it got to where it is now.

Captain Sandy would have told each of them that they were amazing human beings and tried to solve the problem with a long lingering hug. Pretty much the only thing I see her do that Lee does not, is give her crew the opportunity to learn and try to do things they previous had not done before. She is a better teacher, i'm not sure she is a better leader. 

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Special K said:

I believe this entire season wrapped before Lee's son passed away.  Still might have been distracted by worry though.

100%. If his son had a history of drug addiction, i'm sure that was something that weighed heavily on him throughout the entirety of the addiction. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Ashton did not want to give Rhylee a chance from the get-go. 

You could almost see the wheels starting to turn the minute the Captain told him who it was going to be.  And I guess the headbutting shouldn't have come as a surprise to Capt. Lee since it appeared from the get-go that Asshat was not happy it was Rhylie.

However, Asshat was too stupid to see that this would have been a real test of his managerial skill as bosun.  And Capt. Lee knew it.  And he failed.  

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

The most telling & disgusting thing out of that crapweasel's mouth was saying how he had "tolerated" her thus far. He wasn't a part of that conversation for one second & seemed to be saying things he had wanted to say since day one. Who wouldn't raise their voice to repeat what they've said 3 times over to someone who is completely not listening & just waiting to admonish them with finger pointing & a big-boy voice?

Kate is an asshole, Rhylee has a chip on her shoulder, blah blah...at the end of the day, the only bitches on that boat are Ashton, Tanner & Brian.

Apparently Ashton thinks it is his right as a man to be a "truth teller" to these women.

One of my exes told me one time that opinions are like assholes - everybody has one.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Ashton thinks he is a player because of the attention he got as a stripper and the way some of the guests fawn over him. He is a moron and played this wrong. He should have welcomed Rhylee and praised her regardless of how shitty her work was. I mean Rhylee is always DTF and he could have scratched his itch easy peasy. What an idiot.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Ashton thinks he is a player because of the attention he got as a stripper and the way some of the guests fawn over him. He is a moron and played this wrong. He should have welcomed Rhylee and praised her regardless of how shitty her work was. I mean Rhylee is always DTF and he could have scratched his itch easy peasy. What an idiot.

exactly...none of the girls on the boat will touch him lol. his Jersey Shore hair style doesn't help either haha

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I'm down to one Housewife show, and probably out, and I'm pretty sure Below Deck is next.

Me too - New York.  And if it's disappointing next season then it's gone too.  I'm pretty much over drunk Dorinda, lying Ramona and cabaret! LuAnn.  I actually love Sonja - I don't know what I'll think of it sans Bettheney.  I think I was one of the few left that liked her.

As for Below Deck, if Ashton's in, I'm out.

Which leaves Vanderpump Rules, who has its premier tonight.  I know it has to be Jax/Brittani heavy this season due to wedding (barf) so I might give it a pass if it's a little one-note.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Ashton thinks he is a player because of the attention he got as a stripper and the way some of the guests fawn over him. He is a moron and played this wrong. He should have welcomed Rhylee and praised her regardless of how shitty her work was. I mean Rhylee is always DTF and he could have scratched his itch easy peasy. What an idiot.

He lost interest as soon as she started speaking.

Or screaming.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Jsage said:

Ashton, Tanner and Brian all told Captain Lee that Rhylee messes up the vibe of the crew. What makes me so angry is that Captain Lee isn't questioning them or anyone else about what that "vibe" is. Because really, the "bruh-hood" is the vibe. Which means misogyny, violence and alcoholic excess are the vibe. Absolving each other of all wrongdoings the morning after and giving meaningless, blanket apologies are the vibe. And not that she would ever want to, but Rhylee never even had a chance to join the "bruh-hood" because Ashton prejudiced the others against her before she arrived. And of course, bruhs always believe other bruhs.

Sadly, Captain Lee is so out of the loop this year that with six days left, he's only just figuring out that this season's deck crew is the most despicable ever. 

I'm not saying Rhylee is an innocent in all this. She has her own faults and those need to be weighed in. I'm just pointing out what she's up against.

 

 

I would like this a million times if I could.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, RoxiP said:

One of my exes told me one time that opinions are like assholes - everybody has one.

and nobody wants to hear them.

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Captain Sandy would have absolutely sided with the bruhs because Captain Sandy sucks.  Captain Lee is out of the loop and I am disappointed because in the past, he would try to make his own observations.  Last year, he noted that Rhylee was always working her butt off.  He also had Ross filling him in on Chandler's issues.  

I thought Rhylee  putting herself out there with Ashton was her being super vulnerable and he just failed in epic fashion in his response.  

Ross actually did an okay job managing Rhylee last season.  Ashton didn't like Rhylee last season and was upset that Chandler went before she did.  I have zero doubt that Ashton poisoned the waters about Rhylee with the rest of the deck crew and I suspect he's done his fair share of the same with Kate.  

I would like to see Eddie come back simply because it would be nice to see an experienced bosun back in charge.  Whatever his faults, he seemed to know what he was doing.  I felt the same about Ross, but Ross also tried to appease everyone.  

 

 

 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

Ashton didn't like Rhylee last season and was upset that Chandler went before she did. 

Chandler was the biggest douchebag to ever appear on Below Deck. Until, you know, this year Kevin and Asshat are trying to take the title and they are both winning.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

t was like he served them 2 appetizers and 3 desserts. That wasn't a meal, it was snacks. 

Thank you! I had wondered if I missed a course or something. I was surprised the guests didn't complain. But maybe they were just so wowed by his plating? LOL

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I thought it was so incredibly dumb for the Captain to ask the deck crew their opinions on Rhylee. But to beat it all, he didn't even ask them separately! He talked to Tanner and Brian together and you already know they're going to corroborate each other.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Have we discussed how disgusting it is of Tanner to say all the terrible things he is saying about Kate and yet still actively treat her like a conquest? He's so gross. He and Ashton both actually. Both have objectified and actively tried to mount after proclaiming what a spoiled and manipulative bitch she is who also gets preferential treatment. Obviously none of the locals or tourists in the clubs they go to are interested so they hope the women on board are as horny and undiscerning as they are. This is the any hole will do mentality which actually Brian fully explained on one of the after shows by saying basically that while you're in tight quarters and there are no other options, you'll go after someone you normally would not to get your needs met. How'd that work out for you Bru?

Yes! It actually bothers me with Tanner a bit more, in a way. I'm not excusing Ashton's behaviour because of alcohol. But he hasn't really shown any interest in her sober. Tanner has. I think he genuinely is attracted and into her. But he wants the approval of the other "brus" so badly, that he goes along with the Kate-bashing when they're around. He's a weak-willed fucking hypocrite. And it upsets me because I think, out of all the guys, Kate actually likes him the most.

 

2 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

You could almost see the wheels starting to turn the minute the Captain told him who it was going to be.  And I guess the headbutting shouldn't have come as a surprise to Capt. Lee since it appeared from the get-go that Asshat was not happy it was Rhylie.

However, Asshat was too stupid to see that this would have been a real test of his managerial skill as bosun.  And Capt. Lee knew it.  And he failed.  

Rhylee is impossible. But at least Ross tried with her last year. He tried to listen to her complaints. At the end of the day, I'm not sure she can be managed. By anyone. Maybe a saint? But Ashthon immediately starts making assumptions and casting blame - and he refuses to LISTEN. Those are not traits of a good boss.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, gotta watch said:

I thought it was so incredibly dumb for the Captain to ask the deck crew their opinions on Rhylee. But to beat it all, he didn't even ask them separately! He talked to Tanner and Brian together and you already know they're going to corroborate each other.

I thought they just edited it to look that way.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, gotta watch said:

I thought it was so incredibly dumb for the Captain to ask the deck crew their opinions on Rhylee. But to beat it all, he didn't even ask them separately! He talked to Tanner and Brian together and you already know they're going to corroborate each other.

Huh?  I thought he did have them in separately.

There's no denying that Rhylee has snapped at each and every one of them.

You can pretend she was justified in doing so each and every time.  But they have every right not to like it or like working with her.

They expressed their opinions on what it's like to work with her, or even socialize with her.  The first night, she was snapping at both Tanner and Brian.

That they'd prefer to do more work than have to work with her should be very telling.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, RoxiP said:

Apparently Ashton thinks it is his right as a man to be a "truth teller" to these women.

One of my exes told me one time that opinions are like assholes - everybody has one.

 

1 hour ago, PaperTree said:

and nobody wants to hear them.

And they usually stink.

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

I would love to be certain that Kate told Capt Lee that Ashton was a big dick, etc.  However the clever way the clip was put together leaves me unsure.  Those comments might have been made in her interview (wearing a different Valor shirt) and Capt Lee might have made his decision to fire Rhylie based on a lack of information about the extent to Ashton's unforegiveable behaviors.  I hope at a minimum, if he didn't hear, that he reglected on Kate's suggestions that as a Dept Head Ashton's job was to lead his team and help them get along.  Of course, my main hope is that Kate did tell him directly and we come back next Monday to find that Capt Lee fired Ashton, and that explains why Ashton hasn't neen on twitter.  But that's highly unlikely.  The after show interviews were filmed this fall, and Ashton and his ignorant followers showed no sign that Ashton was fired, or even any self awareness of their despicable behavior.  

Share this post


Link to post

I kinda watch this show.  Some episodes are really good but others just boring.

 

I missed the part of CLee talking about his sleeping situation.  
I guess it was an important plot line....but, I deleted the episode.

 

Then I heard that bratty chick bragging about how she took CLee’s bed.

 

I see they are a large crowd.  And, when friends plan trips people are mostly aware what they are chipping in for and the room arrangements.

 

 But, she got there and didn’t want to share rooms with another girl....???.

 

Like maybe she agreed but had buyers remorse after seeing how small accommodations can be on a boat???

 Unlike, a hotel room there is no pull-out or roll-away options. 🤣

 

CLee graciously offered his room while she complained to him.

 

The truth is......they got what they paid for.....and, CLee vented a little as well. 
 

You can Google.....Is BD real?  There is was a story I read about some guests who went on the show.  They are charged a flat fee......and, then each person pays their share. So, the more guests the cheaper the charter price. They do pay for their food and drinks....separately. They actually don’t end up paying much. I am not going to look again.....but, it was like $5,000 pp.

 

Is this what happened here?  The girl scammed CLee’s bunk......without realizing how disrespectful this is???  

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size