Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 Episode Recaps and Recap Schedule

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

The way I see it, those of us who recap so that others don't have to watch are doing the Lord's work.  😇

We appreciate the recaps - bring on the snark!

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

I'm going to summon up all my courage and volunteer to recap the premiere shitfest coming up on 1/12.

The way I see it, I have time to develop a nice, serious drinking problem to get me through.

Bless you and if you want to carpool to Betty Ford, let me knowgiphy.gif

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
(edited)

I see you, @the-grey-lady.  No takebacks!   😚

TLC is kicking off the season in a slightly bizarre fashion and is airing Episode 2 at 8 am on a Thursday.

So far I've got...

Edited by LilWharveyGal
Update to Episode 2.
  • Love 1

So, my understanding is that this whackfest begins tomorrow (Sunday), right? I usually watch it on Amazon, but we're staying at a hotel tomorrow night so I'll get to watch it in real time.

BTW, Janelle looks nicely dressed on the recent promo pic.  The others look like they've gained some weight, except for Christine, maybe. They've all been told to look mad, which does nothing to make them more attractive.

48 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I see you, @the-grey-lady.  No takebacks!   😚

TLC is kicking off the season in a slightly bizarre fashion and is airing Episode 2 at 8 am on a Thursday.  Is anybody available to recap that episode on 1/9?

So far I've got...

• 1/5 - Episode 1, "Kicked Out" - @LilWharveyGal
  • 1/9 - Episode 2, "Happier Alone" - ???
  • 1/12 - Episode 3, "Lonely in Flagstaff" - @the-grey-lady  

I can cover the bizarre morning episode. Nothin' wrong with day drinking.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I think they may be airing episodes 1 and 2 back to back, but the cable guide is only showing one episode because of the two hour block.

Because with a group as dysfunctional as the Brown Clowns you want the schedule to be as confusing as possible.  Form follows function.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

So, my understanding is that this whackfest begins tomorrow (Sunday), right? I usually watch it on Amazon, but we're staying at a hotel tomorrow night so I'll get to watch it in real time.

BTW, Janelle looks nicely dressed on the recent promo pic.  The others look like they've gained some weight, except for Christine, maybe. They've all been told to look mad, which does nothing to make them more attractive.

No skinny filters were used on Meri in that promo photo!

Edited by neh
Spelling
  • LOL 6

Uprooted?  They are the ones who decided to move.  And the shot of the police car - false advertising, folks, we already know the truth.  You should really pick something that hasn't already been refuted on social media.  Their "foundation" has had cracks all along, the whole plural marriage thing is now crumbled ancient history.

And know what? I don't care.  Good riddance.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Between the promise of awesome recaps here and the RealiTV Podcast I might never turn on my TV again...

Good tidings of comfort and joy, my friends! I am an extra snarky ChrismaKwanKuhStice elf because SISTER WIVES is coming back to TLC on January 5, 2020! Don’t you dare describe yourself as “not a fan” yet, because this season looks to be a game-changer. Meri is without her wet bar & she’s more pissed than that innocent banana she fellated. For Sister Wife virgins, you’re in luck because I am giving you a Sister Wives summary in 2ish minutes or less.

https://www.realitvpodcast.com/

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Doing the LORT'S work.  Taking one for the team

Bless you and thank you.  And thank you to everyone who has me actually laughing out loud as I read your pearls of wisdom and snarkdom. Between the comments---brilliant--- and the avatars--- muy creative--- and the user names--- I am speechless and appreciative.

• Love 7
On 1/4/2020 at 5:47 PM, Kohola3 said:

Because with a group as dysfunctional as the Brown Clowns you want the schedule to be as confusing as possible.  Form follows function.

Seriously - my DVR recorded the two-hour show, which was actually two one-hour shows, and then the two one-hour shows followed the two-hour show, and I have recordings of all of it.

I'll take 1/19 or 1/26 - assuming we have new shows on those days, and not on a Wednesday at 3:47 am or something.

Also, if TLC could NOT show the abandoned pets commercial and/or Dr. PP at every single break (I can't even type out the name, it literally gives me full-body shudders), then that would be just DANDY.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I can't even imagine who would even want to watch Dr PP.

I've watched parts of a couple of episodes because I was wondering how some people get such huge "pimples".  It turns out that most of what she deals with are actually cysts with white cream-cheese-like filling (made up of dead skin cells), not pimples.  And they will fill up again if she doesn't remove the encapsulating pouch that a cyst makes for itself, which other doctors don't do, so some patients have had them for years. Dr PP does have a very nice bedside manner and is the last hope for many of them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I can't even imagine who would even want to watch Dr PP.

My husband watches it.  We have an agreement now - if I am coming into a room where he has the tv on and this show is playing, he gives me a loud and clear warning.  I will literally walk past the tv with my hands over my eyes.  I have such a visceral reaction to this particular show that I can't even watch or listen to the commercials!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

My husband watches it.  We have an agreement now - if I am coming into a room where he has the tv on and this show is playing, he gives me a loud and clear warning.  I will literally walk past the tv with my hands over my eyes.  I have such a visceral reaction to this particular show that I can't even watch or listen to the commercials!

I could never be a doctor. 

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I could never be a doctor. 

I work in healthcare, but I'm on the clerical end.  I have walked into our breakroom and the nurses will be chilling, eating their lunches, watching Dr. PP or some other hideous show - just chowing down on their Lean Cuisines like it's no big deal.  The other day I told them they were all crazy before I ran out of the room.  I guess it's all in your constitution, or lack thereof, LOL.

• LOL 3

Thanks, LilWharveyGal, for your recap.  Great job! Its a terrific start to our new season of snarking, gossiping, and most likely several sessions of various and sundry drinking games!

HooAaahhh!  🤘

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Love 4

Just wanna let y'all know that I haven't forgotten this week's recap! I had an extended houseguest stay that I hadn't been expecting. My plan is to get your recap written tonight.

Preemptive condolences of chocolate and/or vodka can be sent c/o The Grey Lady. Thanks.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, the-grey-lady said:

Just wanna let y'all know that I haven't forgotten this week's recap! I had an extended houseguest stay that I hadn't been expecting. My plan is to get your recap written tonight.

Preemptive condolences of chocolate and/or vodka can be sent c/o The Grey Lady. Thanks.

The best things in life are worth waiting for!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I could take the St. Valentine's Day Massacre episode only if no one else wants it - since I've already managed to watch it, I can type it up and have it ready for when the thread opens up.

I can’t wait to see what you do with that mess, it’ll be epic!  This group’s  recaps are better than the show by a long shot. 

• Love 11