Type keyword(s) to search

S18.04: The Ultimate Upcycle

• Start Topic

I watched his after the show thing with Christian (and Uncle Nick Verrios!) and he was not charming, although I suspect he thinks he was. I felt like he did not show Nick any kind of respect or even graciousness, which bugged me. (That may reflect my age/generation.) He just would not relent about the strength of this look. Of all the designs to defend till the end, I can't believe this look inspired that.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, lovinbob said:

Tyler's look struck me almost as office wear. Like something Miranda Priestly's second assistant would wear.

if she were a 16-year-old intern whose prim mother had selected her outfit.

On 1/3/2020 at 10:38 PM, Refresh said:

I recall, in a Tim Gunn interview he stated that they couldn't use double-sided tape, it was rule in the old version of the show. For reasons he said, something about that you can't tell the construction of the garment if it's taped to the body. (True, dat Tim. Don't defend the shoe!)

The rule is evidenced by a "scandal" in Season 8 Episode 11 with Ivy and Michael where she accused him of cheating by using tape.

https://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/819017/project-runway-recap-a-cheating-scandal/

https://ew.com/recap/project-runway-season-8-episode-11/

They must have changed this rule for this new reboot. 

I agree with Tim. It shouldn't be used. Where is the line drawn?

Though from a production standpoint I can see the Show not wanting a boob to fall out or something, it probably makes the models more comfortable. 

I didn't remember double-sided tape being against the rules but I'm thinking maybe they relaxed that rule when they started "taking closer looks" at the garments.  I don't think they've done it yet this season, but when they had the models step off the runway and the judges examined everything up close, it was impossible for designers to hide glaring flaws.  

If Tyler doesn't go somewhere with that tired-ass tshirt...

• Love 1
On 1/7/2020 at 12:48 PM, lovinbob said:

I watched his after the show thing with Christian (and Uncle Nick Verrios!) and he was not charming, although I suspect he thinks he was. I felt like he did not show Nick any kind of respect or even graciousness, which bugged me. (That may reflect my age/generation.)

Yeah, the Kushner snark started it, but his aftershow definitely finalized my shift from sort of like to dislike.  Especially in contrast to lovable Nick.  One thing this did make me do is go follow Nick on Twitter, not that I use it much, which either reflects my age or my attention span, or both!

• Love 1

I’m still confused why Tyler’s comment was so insulting. If she’s happy with who she married and the family she married into, why is it a terrible insult to mention going to dinner with them?  Isn’t this common knowledge?

• Love 1
13 hours ago, awaken said:

I’m still confused why Tyler’s comment was so insulting. If she’s happy with who she married and the family she married into, why is it a terrible insult to mention going to dinner with them?  Isn’t this common knowledge?

It's been discussed pretty extensively upthread. This article details the abuse that the Kushners heaped on Karlie. They treated her like shit on their shoes:

Ward writes that she’s heard from multiple sources that the whole family “spoke horribly” about Kloss behind her back, and referred to her as “the lingerie model.” She also writes that “Josh told Gary Cohn and others he was not allowed to bring Kloss to holiday family gatherings. For six years they refused to even meet her.”

That's why it was insulting, and mean, and no way to treat your client who, in this case, is also your boss.

• Love 2
On 1/3/2020 at 3:45 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

ve never seen such a neat, well organized Goodwill before - the clothes were even sorted by color on some racks! Usually when I go to stores like that, they look like Ross the day after Christmas.

Ha!  I'm a Walmart shopper that has just recently expanded into Ross & TJ Maxx (and, sadly, am amazed at the nicer clothes!)  My fashion sense sux.  I've never been in a Goodwill, though, but I have dropped off a lot of clothes (Mom's, not Walmart stuff) and furniture to them.

On 1/3/2020 at 11:58 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

With Heidi, it wasn’t just that she liked short dresses. It was that she likes short tight dresses that showed a lot of cleavage and skin and had sequins. Something with a few of those elements can be fine but she clearly wanted ALL of those things together which comes off as a cheap skanky party dress from Wet Seal. 

Haha.  Well, "Seal" practically defines it.  She did love him for some time.  Maybe even still, even if they couldn't make it work together.  Guess U'm a bit of a romantic.  I was sad when they called it off.

• Love 1
On 1/3/2020 at 11:59 AM, ElTVaddict said:

So why marry one. Tyler was eliminated because he mentioned her family. I knew from the beginning of the season she had just married into the family.

Or, she married the one guy who was opposite the family.  They're rabid republicans and old school snooty.   He's democrat and the black sheep. Are you judging just on the family name and not on any real information?