Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E16: Reunion (Part 1)

• Start Topic

Who knows what goes on in a marriage but at least as viewed on television it seems as though Eduoardo and his family would be completely suspicious of Kary's financial motivations - if they weren't before.

It doesn't even make sense to keep openly stating that one's goal is to get husband's and his family's money where she can get it in the event of a divorce. 

The jewelry is obviously not ever going to actually be a form of actual income - no jewelry line that consists of stringing beads is anything but a line designed for Etsy. Countess Luanne was much more "famous" for her necklaces all through the years and her jewelry line went nowhere. Of course, she now has income from her Real Housewives job as she is assured a place in the next season.

• Love 9

Kam and her tearless crying.

My money is on "dry eye syndrome".

And Restasis probably doesn't come in pink, so just what the hell is she supposed to do!?

ETA She continues to be the best.

Edited by Jel
  • LOL 4

I saw on Twitter that apparently someone asked Brandi if she thought it was okay for someone to do blackface and she responded “what’s blackface”. The ignorance is so real.

LeeAnn is the epitome of a toxic mess. Racist and toxic, what a combo. However, I could see the show falling apart without her, if they did in fact fire her.  Does anyone really care about the Stephanie/Kam issue? There’s no other conflict because the rest are friends. And I could honestly do without Kary on my screen, so I hope she’s a one-season wonder. 

• Love 6

Texans, in my personsal opinion, not just my family stuck there, have a lot of unconscious bias, which extends to, racism. I mean Texas is freaking racist. Not everyone there is a racist, but it's not just my family. 

And as the mother to a Japanese American child who faces racism and talks to me about her feelings, that shit Brandi face pulled is abso freaking lutely racist as shit. What's next for her, yellow face?

For someone who doesn't like to be mocked for her white trash beginnings, she's not real sensitive. And given her name, and her insecurities, you'd think she would be.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 10

I think both Kam and Kort have been putting on a show, and I am starting to see them clearly now.  I guess they aren't the first couple to do it. 

Agreed. I can't figure out what their agenda is.

Sometimes I question the supposed wealth claimed by some of these Dallas couples, wondering if they need the show to help them financially. Or is it nothing more than Kameron wants to be on TV? It's hard to take her dog food business seriously.

• Love 3

She posted a new one on Twitter now. But it’s too late when you spend hours deflecting and making excuses, delete all of those comments, and then apologize. She also qualified it as happening “years ago” so makes it all less sincere. These women are all ridiculous. 

• Love 10

NBC news actually reported about it online.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1110296

And now videos are surfacing of Brandi using a filter to make her look fat.  She makes comments about eating all the time, eating people and taking up 2 seats in airplane.  

Also a picture of Brandi and Stephanie has surfaced where they appear to be dressed up in traditional Indian garments with the caption "Working at the car wash".  I can't tell if they're at an actual car wash or not.

I think LeeAnne is definitely fired and Brandi is really close, but will probably get a second chance because it didn't happen on the show.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

On the racism topic, one -real- question here :  why is it OK to say "being Switzerland" when you don't want to take side or express your own opinion ?

I auto-quote myself, because I didn't get any answer... Thanks in advance, because I don't understand what I feel is a double-standard.

58 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

I auto-quote myself, because I didn't get any answer... Thanks in advance, because I don't understand what I feel is a double-standard.

Switzerland's foreign policy is to not involve themselves in (armed) conflict between other states/governments, hence being Switzerland means remaining neutral and is not based on a stereotype .... at least that is my understanding of the saying.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Diane Mars said:

Why do you think it's a double standard?

I dont think it is racist because it is about a perception about a country and a decision by the government to "stay out of hostile conflicts".  

But perhaps this phrase is antiquated in 2020 and should get tossed into the dump heap.  

People of Asian heritage do not have squinty eyes.  That's a stereotype placed on them by white people.  Biologically speaking, there are traits to the eyelid that usually are not shared by other races.  But it's not "squinty".

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 11

Saying "I'm Switzerland on this issue" is comparing yourself to a political position taken by a country (government). If you had said, "I'm Swiss" (to imply your neutrality) then maybe some Swiss people would object. But those really are different things.  One is making a statement about something that is essentially government policy, or a political position, and the other is making a statement about the presumed shared characteristics of a group of people. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Jel said:

making a statement about the presumed shared characteristics of a group of people. 

I certainly don't hear everything that a person from Switzerland says in yodelling and wouldn't post a video to imply that.

Still love ya, Diane Mars, always have!

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 3

As others have posted, Switzerland is noted for being neutral in the major European wars - so much so that it was a sanctuary - for better or worse during WW II. It's just an accepted figure or speech or cliche without any kind of hidden racial, ethnic or whatever implication. 

Even saying I'm "Swiss" on a matter of conflict between people would be taken the same way since the reference to historic Swiss neutrality is so well understood.

Thinking that the expression is somehow ethnically derisive is the same as those people who think niggardly is somehow connected to the N word. I write this because it has sometimes caused a controversy when niggardly is used correctly.

Edited by amarante
  • Love 7

she has family in China

Ok, but 1) having family living in a country isn't the same as having family from that country and 2) that still doesn't make it ok ("I can make fun of black people because my cousin married a black person!").

• Love 5
8 hours ago, connieinnc said:

Switzerland's foreign policy is to not involve themselves in (armed) conflict between other states/governments, hence being Switzerland means remaining neutral and is not based on a stereotype .... at least that is my understanding of the saying.

8 hours ago, dosodog said:

Why do you think it's a double standard?

I dont think it is racist because it is about a perception about a country and a decision by the government to "stay out of hostile conflicts".  

But perhaps this phrase is antiquated in 2020 and should get tossed into the dump heap. 

I understand the meaning and the politics behing this expression, BUT the problem here, for me, is that I'm a Swiss citizen, living in Switzerland, and, for me again, "being Switzerland" implies a lot of things that I really don't like because, no, we're not neutral greedy cowards (yes, that's how I receive it). No offense here, but why not using "neutral" or "I stay ouf of this" instead of "being Switzerland", if it it what it means ?  And yes, for me, it IS a double standard, because it is based on your perception of what happened during WW2... It's time to evolve...

Thanks for having giving me your input.

Before posting : when I write "you" it's a "general you", not targeting anyone here and I won't hurt anyone 🙂

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

no, we're not neutral greedy cowards

Nobody ever said the Swiss were greedy cowards. But given that historically (since the early 1500s) Switzerland has maintained a policy of neutrality when it comes to affairs of the world, then it isn't that strange for people to associate being neutral with the country as a whole. It's isn't based on a nasty or negative stereotype, it just...is what it is.

• Love 11

Having reread my post, I apologize for "Why do you think it's a double standard?"

Not so much the question, but the "tone".  I think I came off rude rather than inquisitive. 

I'm sorry.

And thank you!  I think you are right.  Saying "I'm neutral" is the way to go.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Ok, but 1) having family living in a country isn't the same as having family from that country and 2) that still doesn't make it ok ("I can make fun of black people because my cousin married a black person!").

That's why I posted her response- because it was outrageous.

• Love 4
On 1/3/2020 at 10:45 AM, Sweet-tea said:

Agree.  I don’t like LeeAnne but her not having children is none of Kary’s business. And I don’t buy Kary’s claim that she was just trying to get to know her. She was trying to make her feel bad, which is why she brought up her own children. 

I don’t have children and my sister has done the same thing to me. I felt like she was saying I’m shallow and vain for not having children, when she has no idea of the reason why. Kary was out of line. 

Having said that, I can’t stand Kary anyway and hope she doesn’t come back. Hope LeeAnne doesn’t either... and what on earth did she do to her hair? 

This, all day long. I just can't stand anything about Kari, and she IS chirpy, and it's nothing to do with her ethnicity. And as  has been mentioned, LeeAnne needs to leave and get some intensive therapy. I am done with this bunch.

Edited by lizajane
Because I can't see what I'm typing with these annoying ads!
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, lizajane said:

This, all day long. I just can't stand anything about Kari, and she IS chirpy, and it's nothing to do with her ethnicity. And as  has been mentioned, LeeAnne needs to leave and get some intensive therapy. I am done with this bunch.

This was one of the RH franchises that I still enjoyed. LeeAnne, like Nene of RHOA, made the show not enjoyable to watch.

Mexican Dynasties was so enjoyable because it was centered around real relationships and “real” reality, just like the first years of the RH franchise.

Bravo has turned the RH franchise into women fighting over insignificant things and toxic personalities. They took what worked in the beginning and they recreated it over and over again until it morphed into a bunch of crap that was no longer organic or natural. I just rewatched the first two seasons of RHOC and forgot it was about actual people with actual lives and who actually had some friendships that existed outside of filming.

Nene made the RHOA so unwatchable last season because she made everything about her and sucked the fun out of everything, it was no longer trashy fun, it was not fun to watch. Well, they brought Nene back and gave her a raise (when in a real corporation she would have been fired for her actions), which leads me to believe that MeAnne will be back again with a raise and yet no one wants to film with her.

Bravo does not seem to understand the difference between a housewife creating drama for drama’s purposes and when that toxicity goes way, way too far.

No one seems to want to film with Nene or LeAnne, so what does that say?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Bravo has turned the RH franchise into women fighting over insignificant things and toxic personalities. They took what worked in the beginning and they recreated it over and over again until it morphed into a bunch of crap that was no longer organic or natural.

This is so true.  I want to just be done with the housewives.  It is just not fun anymore, it's sad and gives me anxiety.

5 hours ago, lizajane said:

She really is chirpy.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Bravo has turned the RH franchise into women fighting over insignificant things and toxic personalities. They took what worked in the beginning and they recreated it over and over again until it morphed into a bunch of crap that was no longer organic or natural. I just rewatched the first two seasons of RHOC and forgot it was about actual people with actual lives and who actually had some friendships that existed outside of filming.

I think the devolution of the RH franchise is unavoidable for a few reasons. One of the main reasons is that there is no job security.  The women resort to a survival-of-the-fittest mentality and resulting behavior in an effort to save their places on their respective shows.  They remind me of hyenas fighting viciously over a carcass.

A byproduct of this is that the shows become mostly about the women's lives given they are on the shows rather than their "normal" lives outside the shows.  I feel the woman can only be "real" for a season or two before they jump into show-mode to survive.

Now that I think about it, this Catch-22 of reality tv applies to almost all of Bravo's reality TV offerings incluing Below Deck, the "Charms", etc. The casts are real and interesting for a short while, but not long into things, it's mostly about them acting in ways that they think will preserve their places on their respective shows.

PERHAPS in Bravo's defense, this is why they seem to cast women in the RH franchise who have kids, jobs, etc.  We have to see the women in their real lives to have a better chance of seeing them for who they really are. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

One other reason is the show in the past offered a better balance of aspirational living and fights between the HWs. It seems the balance is a bit off and leaning towards fights more.

At least the various shows still have nice vacation pron.

• Love 5
On 1/4/2020 at 6:32 PM, connieinnc said:

nvm

Edited by TV Diva Queen

I thought the whole “trashy” conversation was silly. My thoughts are:

Brandi is trashy. I don’t know why that’s up for debate. Half the housewives across all the franchises are trashy. It’s part of the DNA they look for in a housewife. I’m not particularly fond of Dallas; NYC is more my jam. Bethany is trashy and if someone said that about her she’d agree. I don’t know why Brandi is sooo offended, she already knows this about herself. I get that she’s carrying baggage from childhood, but come on...she knows she isn’t a classy lady. And neither is LeAnn, they’re both trashy. 

• Love 10
On 1/3/2020 at 8:35 PM, Legalbeagle421 said:

I saw on Twitter that apparently someone asked Brandi if she thought it was okay for someone to do blackface and she responded “what’s blackface”. The ignorance is so real.

LeeAnn is the epitome of a toxic mess. Racist and toxic, what a combo. However, I could see the show falling apart without her, if they did in fact fire her.  Does anyone really care about the Stephanie/Kam issue? There’s no other conflict because the rest are friends. And I could honestly do without Kary on my screen, so I hope she’s a one-season wonder. 

Brandi 100% knows what blackface is! She’s not ignorant, she’s a liar.

Deflect  and deny all you want Brandi, you’re a racist and a liar. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, msblossom said:

Brandi is trashy. I don’t know why that’s up for debate. Half the housewives across all the franchises are trashy. It’s part of the DNA they look for in a housewife. I’m not particularly fond of Dallas; NYC is more my jam. Bethany is trashy and if someone said that about her she’d agree. I don’t know why Brandi is sooo offended, she already knows this about herself. I get that she’s carrying baggage from childhood, but come on...she knows she isn’t a classy lady. And neither is LeAnn, they’re both trashy. 

Our culture shames shaming. I will never find telling someone to go suck a d or asking who has the hairier privates to be classy behavior. It is what it is. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, msblossom said:

Brandi 100% knows what blackface is! She’s not ignorant, she’s a liar.

Deflect  and deny all you want Brandi, you’re a racist and a liar. 

She sure does!

Brandi is a graduate of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Charm School.

It is a real thing...!

Kelly has take them out to teach these girls how to chew a steak properly in public. 😘🥩

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 1/2/2020 at 12:48 PM, Juliegirlj said:

Bravo should remove Leeanne from the show- she is a danger to herself and possibly others. Russell Armstrong should have been a cautionary tale. 

Kameron should fire her makeup artist. 

It would probably be a good idea to make her sit out next season due to her racist remarks and mental health. The Bravo executives should not have someone on the show like LeeAnne until she’s evaluated and treated, and still no guarantees of returning. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, msblossom said:

It would probably be a good idea to make her sit out next season due to her racist remarks and mental health. The Bravo executives should not have someone on the show like LeeAnne until she’s evaluated and treated, and still no guarantees of returning. 

They should let her go on the suicidal threats alone.

That is scary.  She is a very sick woman.  

Brandi needs rehab.  She should also be fired. 
The flask scene was not a joke.  She needs alcohol.

• Love 4
On 1/6/2020 at 3:54 PM, msblossom said:

IMO it's just another way of shutting others up and/or an excuse for acting like a bitch.  "I was triggered by _____" - boo hoo and grow up!

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, princelina said:

IMO it's just another way of shutting others up and/or an excuse for acting like a bitch.  "I was triggered by _____" - boo hoo and grow up!

She takes trash as this huge slur, but she initially didn’t see how her video was offensive...

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

She takes trash as this huge slur, but she initially didn’t see how her video was offensive...

She still doesn't think it's offensive - she did that BS apology because Bravo called her.  I have no proof of this, but if you think it's funny and double down... then all of a sudden write a kindly written apology - it is bullshit.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

She still doesn't think it's offensive - she did that BS apology because Bravo called her.  I have no proof of this, but if you think it's funny and double down... then all of a sudden write a kindly written apology - it is bullshit.

I actually agree. I just know huge fans of her would say she’s apologized over and over. I actually enjoyed Brandi a lot this season and was really disappointed by that video. I hope if LeeAnne and Brandi remain cast members they do better next year. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 2

She still doesn't think it's offensive - she did that BS apology because Bravo called her. 

I'm sure this is true. It's a small step in the right direction (as opposed to Bravo ignoring the situation).

In this day and age, no one should be mimicking other races, ethnic or religious groups. Brandi knows better but thinks her "humor" is exempt because she's cute.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 1
On 1/4/2020 at 10:08 AM, Diane Mars said:

On the racism topic, one -real- question here :  why is it OK to say "being Switzerland" when you don't want to take side or express your own opinion ?

I have no idea. I've been surprised in situations where I absolutely should have spoken up, but didn't. I made plans for the next time something happened, but I still didn't live up to my moral code. Allowing someone to be a racist without comment is participating.

• Love 4

I didn't notice this before, but the look of arrogance Kary gives when she says to Leanne, "how much did you donate to such and such charity??"  OH MY GOD fuck off lady.  She narrows her eyes and has this look of satisfaction because she knows that she is able to give money and Leanne, who is less wealthy than she, is not able to donate.  And that right there - she showed her true colors. 

• Love 8

Leanne is terrible, but Cary with her little digs at Leanne every five seconds, weighing in on absolutely *everything*, was basically unwatchable. Like, take a few seats and drink some water if you’re so thirsty. 

• Love 9
On 1/1/2020 at 7:14 PM, breezy424 said:

Well, that held my attention.  Loved watching the reactions of the other women and Andy while Leeanne tried to spin, spin,  spin. 

Brandi taking out the flask was everything.  And then she passes it to Steph.

In Kam's world, it's ok to throw a napkin.  I wonder how she would have felt if that napkin was thrown at her.  That was a trashy move.  I doubt she would do that at one of the society events.

Sorry to hear about the baby.

So far, Steph, Brandi and D'Andra are holding their own.  Kary is doing alright.  LeeAnne and Kam are on the victim train.

Next week will be the racist situation.  Looks like more spinning from LeeAnne.

I was pretty shocked and in fact dubious about Bruin's mother "losing" the baby, when in the previous episode Brandi was saying the paternity test came out confirming fatherhood.

While I do think there are tests for paternity that can be administered before the baby is born, it involves risk.  Because of that, it's much more common for paternity tests to be performed after the baby's birth.  I mean, there are not that many urgent reasons for paternity testing before birth.

Not to say it couldn't happen, but my cynicism tells me they found out the new baby wasn't a full sibling to Bruin.  And that, plus the fact they didn't really have the emotional resources to handle another addition to the family so soon makes me think they passed on adopting.  I think Bravo might have drummed up the story of bio mom "losing" the baby in order to sidestep any flak they might have received for wanting the baby only if it was Bruin's full sibling (which IMHO was a totally reasonable condition to adopting).

• Love 2