Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E16: Reunion (Part 1)

• Start Topic

LeeAnne's constant use of "I'm going to be totally honest..." and similar in front of sentences is a dead giveaway she's lying her ass off.  It was so prevalent, it could be a drinking game.

This show has run its course for me.  Four years of hearing about troubled childhoods, trailers, trashiness, charity, farts, and tequila is enough.  They should just scrap it, and maybe focus on SLC or pick a different Texas city.

• Love 5

I don't see Brandi's video as racist.  She's known for her voices and impressions.  Is it always going to be racist now to imitate an accent?  Brandi doing Asian is no different from Brandi doing German or Russian, at least not to Brandi. 

Nene deserves firing as much as LeeAnne, but Nene has a media presence outside the show and LeeAnne doesn't.  LeeAnne should have gotten a few outside gigs before letting her uglier side come out this season, then maybe she'd be safe.

I'd like to see her off the show for her own sake.  If she's being an uber-bitch because of the show, maybe being fired would set her on a new path. 

• Love 7

While I think Brandi's video is also terrible, and I do think she should offer a sincere apology and understand why it's bad, I don't think it's in the same league as LeeAnn's tirade.

LeeAnn purposely used the word "Mexican" in a derogatory, defamatory way, not only in tone, but in language as well.  I grew up in Dallas, and no, we do not use the words "Chirpy Mexican" ever.  Never heard that.  Nor do we imitate hand-jobs while angrily yelling about another person being from "Meee-hee-co".  Nope, never seen a human being do that.

Brandi owes not only an apology, but she needs to understand why this is wrong.  It's wrong to teach your kids that it's ok to mock another person, period.  Whether it's because of where they're from, what language they speak, or their accent.  What she needs to teach them is that any Asian accent that she's imitating in English is due to that particular Asian having learned English in the first place, and I will bet my house that Brandi cannot speak one word of any Asian language.

• Love 13

LeeAnne usually looks flawless, thanks to her gorgeous features, but she looked horrible at the reunion - badly crimped and colored wig, overly tanned face, pounds of makeup. Is she coming undone?

I never said Brandi's racism cancelled out LeeAnne's. What I can't stand is their pearl clutching over it now when they let it all slide while they were filming. 

Brandi doesn't get to decide, on behalf of all Asian people, if her "Asian impersonation" is offensive or not. That's not how that works.

I hold Bravo responsible for choosing to spew LeeAnne's offensive racist tirades into the universe. If they really cared about not offending viewers, they would have left the racist footage in the cameras. Instead they maximized it for ratings.

There's no justification for Brandi's offensive video. Calling it an impersonation doesn't justify it. The movies used to be full of impersonations until the offended parties began to speak up. Racism is in the eye of the beholder. The rest of us don't get to decide.

I agree that the "lost baby" story wasn't fully revealed. Perhaps the mother asked Brandi to stop discussing her business on TV, which may have happened if the baby went to another family.

Jeremy and Rich are slimy. But I am glad that Andy defended Jeremy's military service record.

My assumption was that Kary's condo would be an investment property, not her fulltime residence.

LeeAnne's constant lip-licking may be the result of meds (dry mouth). Or nerves. I think she knew she was going to be on the hot seat at the reunion.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 8

I’m not saying Brandi needs to be crucified for one stupid video. But it was absolutely in poor taste and offensive. Asians are oftentimes mocked for their eyes and accents. Brandi must not have any Asian friends. I knew she would say this had to do with comments she receives about her own eyes, but that doesn’t make it right. 

• Love 10

Ugh Brandi come on!!! It is offensive, bottom line, and she hasn’t sincerely apologized. It’s not surprising any of the white cast members from Dallas have been outed as racist. It was just a matter of time. That is probably why they were all hesitant to call Leann out. Leann should realize that this doesn’t make her any better or Brandi wrong about Leann being racist. I just deleted my recording of this show. Booo!!! I should have known...

• Love 5

Omg! Stephanie almost died when Kameron brought up the Country Club calling about a reference. That means she put her down as a reference. 

Kameron: who?  Stephanie Hollman? Yea, I know her!  We went to the Super Pvssy Ping Pong show in Bangkok.  It was great!  

Stephanie is a superb ping pong player.

You should have seen her hitting the ping pong balls with her paddle as the Burmese sex slaves shot them out of their vaginas.

They are all nasty!  This show needs a cancellation!

Both Brandi and Kari had bloodshot eyes. 

Brandi and Stephanie they were drinking on stage.  I did not think it was cute......because, I have a feeling both are drunks in real life.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Do we know if LeeAnne and/or Rich own their home? I don't recall seeing them buying a home or discussing it. What are they going to do when their time on the show is over?  Will his retirement pay and her side hustles keep them afloat?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
7 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Do we know if LeeAnne and/or Rich own their home? I don't recall seeing them buying a home or discussing it. What are they going to do when their time on the show is over?  Will his retirement pay and her side hustles keep them afloat?

Ping Pong carnival traveling shows!

LeAnne can hire all her gorgeous  ‘Beauty Pageant’ friends.

Rich will be so happy!

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

LeeAnne usually looks flawless, thanks to her gorgeous features, but she looked horrible at the reunion - badly crimped and colored wig, overly tanned face, pounds of makeup. Is she coming undone?

Interesting, the two unhappy girls at the reunion, Kary and Leeanne, both looked terrible.  The crimped hair, orangey tone of the red color hair/dress. Leeanne looked the worst I’ve ever seen her and she’s beautiful. She looks like she was worn and torn mentally.  She’s a troubled woman. 

Kary had the strangest eye shadow colors, and she did look like she had bloodshot eyes.  It was like she just walked off a Halloween movie set. Not good. Eeeeek!  She’s Angry, bitchy Spice!  (Brandy Granville tm)

D’Andrea looks best when she wears less makeup.  When is she going to figure that out.  Stephanie looked absolutely gorgeous, as always.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 6

It's a tie for my favorite part..

LeAnne trying to claim that the 5 hour break between her ceremony and reception was for production and Andy immediately saying that wasn't true

and

Brandi's flask 

Edited by angelamh66
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12

Even though Leeanne deserves to be called out on her lies, bad behavior and racist comments, I am not getting much enjoyment from it. She is clearly a very troubled woman, and this will undoubtedly make things worse. 

Now that Rich has been exposed as a creep, I don’t wonder anymore why he hasn’t intervened on behalf of his disturbed wife. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

Is it always going to be racist now to imitate an accent?

Yes. It is. Especially when there is a racist history behind it. People can find new ways to entertain themselves in 2020.

She and LeAnn are cut from the same cloth.

Edited by brillia79
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
7 hours ago, RedInk said:

This is the most baffling storyline. She is unabashedly obsessed with securing her wealth and thinks she's being relatable. I don't know what goes on in their marriage, but are we to believe Eduardo should think it's reasonable to set his wife up in a condo in the event their marriage doesn't work out...and not be suspicious or sad about it? And if he doesn't? What a controlling asshole! So I'm a teacher, and my husband makes 4x my salary. Know what would happen if he left me? I'd be broke. This is the story of a million wives, and most of us don't have access to unlimited funds and luxury during our marriage. Who cares about her ridiculous plight? 

There is something off about Kary.  Not sure what just yet, though.

I do think she is exceptionally smart.  She called LeAnne out on every nuance related to LeAnne's twisted attempts at self-justification 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

I don't see Brandi's video as racist.  She's known for her voices and impressions.  Is it always going to be racist now to imitate an accent?  

LeeAnne should have gotten a few outside gigs before letting her uglier side come out this season, then maybe she'd be safe.

I'd like to see her off the show for her own sake.  If she's being an uber-bitch because of the show, maybe being fired would set her on a new path. 

It’s not a case of “now.” It’s been considered racist, particularly as it applies to Asian Americans, for a long time. I think the criticism regarding Mickey Rooney’s Japanese character in Breakfast at Tiffany’s is instructive in this instance. Like many, I enjoy the movie, but the caricature and problematic nature of white imitation/dramatization of the “otherness” of Asians is a real blight on the movie. There were critics who pointed out the problematic nature of the derogatory portrayal when the movie came out (1961), but the criticisms have only intensified over the years.  Yellowface is a real thing and it’s been a subject of criticism for a LONG time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/I._Y._Yunioshi

Like a lot of you, I want LeeAnne gone. She’s been ugly and violent since the start. I find Andy’s disgust disingenuous. As someone else said, she appeared at BravoCon is November. Her Mexican comments were on full display in the mid-season trailer that came out in October.  Even though much of the internet was talking about her comments then, Andy had her come out to applause and adoration at BravoCon.

All that said, getting rid of LeeAnne isn’t going to make her better. It’s not because of the show, it’s because she has a personality disorder. People with BPD, who are untreated, wreak havoc wherever they go. The show has just given her a bigger platform. She was violent and unstable before the show started and she will continue to be after she’s off the show. BPD is very hard to treat, especially when it’s been allowed to take over for years unabated in an undiagnosed and/or untreated person. 

Edited by MrsWitter
Typo
  • Love 13

Leanne's muppet face scrunching into fake tears about being called out on her racism during the preview was hillarious. She and Kam just cannot see their own culpability in anything.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Its not a zero sum game, they can all be racist assholes doesnt make Leeanne be not racist. LeeAnne and her wedding planner constant deflection to other people being shitty verses taking accountability is beyond annoying. (The video wont play for me so i dont know what Brandi said)

She did a fake Asian accent, squinted her eyes, and made another reference. She was being a racist.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, iloveit said:

It’s not surprising any of the white cast members from Dallas have been outed as racist. It was just a matter of time.

Why? 

I don’t follow any of them on social media, have they been make comments or innuendo?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Why? 

I don’t follow any of them on social media, have they been make comments or innuendo?

I think it's the fact that they are from Texas. I have a lot of family from Texas, and for those who atayed there, every single one of them is racist in one way or another. It's a way of life 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

7 hours ago, iloveit said:

It’s not surprising any of the white cast members from Dallas have been outed as racist. It was just a matter of time.

Why? 

Rich white people especially from the South do not have a great track record in this arena. This is not to say that all rich white Southern people are racist or that they aren’t racists everywhere . But the odds were high IMO that one of these ladies was going to say something problematic. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I think it's the fact that they are from Texas. I have a lot of family from Texas, and for those who atayed there, every single one of them is racist in one way or another. It's a way of life 

A way of life for them, maybe, but surely not for every Texan. 

My consciousness has been raised about the racism in Brandi's video, so thanks, everyone.  I looked for malicious intent and didn't see any, but that doesn't man her impression wasn't racist. 

• Love 2

Kam can totally suck a dick for those fake tears.  She totally perpetuates the dumb blonde stereotype.  Not buying her fake hurt or how Stephanie planted the word “trash” in her head.  She’s constantly trying to deflect from her bad behavior.  She may have some funny talking heads at times, but do not like her as a person.

ETA her elephant song was stupid.

Edited by For Cereals
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

That is such a huge generalization of a lot of people. I lived in Texas for 11 years (San Antonio and Houston). I know a lot of people from Texas who aren’t racist. I’ve met some who are but 95% seem like good people to me based upon words and actions.

40 minutes ago, iloveit said:

Rich white people especially from the South do not have a great track record in this arena. This is not to say that all rich white Southern people are racist or that they aren’t racists everywhere . But the odds were high IMO that one of these ladies was going to say something problematic. 

I respect your opinions, although they make me sad.

I now live in metro Atlanta (25) years) and I’ve met a few rich white Southerns who have said some problematic things, some of them came from a place of ignorance and some did not.

I have heard people from the Northeast making generalized comments that all Southerners are backwards, stupid, ignorant and unelightened - that bothers me, but then based on these comments, I have made generalizations about these people that they are all entitled, ignorant, and full of it. So I’ve been guilty of generalizing traits to a group of people myself.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I'll wait and see what Brandi says

She doubled down and defended herself on Twitter, then deleted.

It’s a good impersonation if I do say so myself and there was no harm done. I would do it again for a damn good audition. Have a great day.

— Brandi Redmond (@BrandiRedmond) January 2, 2020

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

She did a fake Asian accent, squinted her eyes, and made another reference. She was being a racist.

I am sure Asians are tired of this shyt! It is racist. Nobody is thinking Brandi is Asian, so she is a liar, too. 

Now, I ask myself.  

Melania Trump has squinty eyes and speaks in an accent.

If Brandi did that.....made squinty eyes and spoke in her accent.....while reciting Michelle Obama’s speech....

Now, this is an impersonation....and, not racist.

Do I have  it right?  

• Love 1

Kameron says she can take criticism, but as we've seen, she mostly can't.  And is she trying VERY hard to squeeze out a few tears when she's trying to explain (in the most convoluted way possible) what "surface" friend means to her - somehow that translates to her being a dumb blonde.  Such bullshit.  Kameron IS a badger, she can be a mean girl, she doesn't listen to anyone and mostly just defends her behaviour without any ability to understand why it might not be behaviour which is appealing to others.

Edited by whydoievencare
  • Love 14
57 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

Kameron says she can take criticism, but as we've seen, she mostly can't.  And is she trying VERY hard to squeeze out a few tears when she's trying to explain (in the most convoluted way possible) what "surface" friend means to her - somehow that translates to her being a dumb blonde.  Such bullshit.  Kameron IS a badger, she can be a mean girl, she doesn't listen to anyone and mostly just defends her behaviour without any ability to understand why it might not be behaviour which is appealing to others.

Seriously, the only way she could have thought surface friendship translated in to Stephanie calling her a dumb blond is if she really is that stupid. Stephanie clearly explained what she meant about needing to deepen the friendship so that they would feel comfortable going to each other during hard times. She is a manipulative liar! I thought she was going to stab her eye in order to be able to produce actual tears during that section.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

She doubled down and defended herself on Twitter, then deleted.

It’s a good impersonation if I do say so myself and there was no harm done. I would do it again for a damn good audition. Have a great day.

— Brandi Redmond (@BrandiRedmond) January 2, 2020

Wow.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, iloveit said:

2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

That is such a huge generalization of a lot of people. I lived in Texas for 11 years (San Antonio and Houston). I know a lot of people from Texas who aren’t racist. I’ve met some who are but 95% seem like good people to me based upon words and actions.

I respect your opinions, although they make me sad.

I now live in metro Atlanta (25) years) and I’ve met a few rich white Southerns who have said some problematic things, some of them came from a place of ignorance and some did not.

I have heard people from the Northeast making generalized comments that all Southerners are backwards, stupid, ignorant and unelightened - that bothers me, but then based on these comments, I have made generalizations about these people that they are all entitled, ignorant, and full of it. So I’ve been guilty of generalizing traits to a group of people myself.

I grew up in New England, but I’ve lived a lot of places (including the rural South). I will fully admit that I was guilty of generalizing about the South before I lived there. And, in the past, you probably would have been right to characterize me as entitled AF. What I think I’ve gained is that racism is prevalent EVERYWHERE, unfortunately. It just manifests differently dependent on the community and culture of the area. 

In my experience (and I hesitate to fully generalize), racism in the South can sometimes be much more overt and in your face. Especially in more rural areas. Racism is just as prevalent in the North, but I’ve come to understand it manifests much more covertly. It’s in our districting, our laws, our schools, etc. I didn’t grow up seeing any KKK memorabilia (something I did see a fair amount in the South), but there were also barely any people of color in my hometown. And that was purposeful, based on decades of policies and exclusion to create de facto segregation. Nobody in my hometown felt the need to hang a KKK flag, probably because most people of color had been kept out of town from the beginning.

I’m not terribly surprised by what LeeAnne and Brandi said, but I also think it’s important to recognize that while maybe someone up North might be less likely to overtly say things like LeeAnne (although, in fairness, I think most mentally healthy people are less likely to speak like LeeAnne), it doesn’t necessarily mean the North is less racist. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Brandi and Stephanie they were drinking on stage.  I did not think it was cute......because, I have a feeling both are drunks in real life.

Agree and also couldn't believe Andy didn't tell them to put the freakin' flask away! He was clearly annoyed but let them continue. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

I’m not terribly surprised by what LeeAnne and Brandi said, but I also think it’s important to recognize that while maybe someone up North might be less likely to overtly say things like LeeAnne (although, in fairness, I think most mentally healthy people are less likely to speak like LeeAnne), it doesn’t necessarily mean the North is less racist. 

Agreed which is why I caveated my statement. But just to reiterate, I do not think all rich white southerners are racists and I am positive there are racists everywhere. And I get (and agree with) your point that people elsewhere may just be more cautious with their words and not actually be more pure in thought.  

9 hours ago, Sterling said:

Saying "they're from Texas, so they're probably racist" is almost as dangerous as the racism itself.  

Saying I am not surprised that rich white people from Dallas say problematic things does not oppress rich white Southerners. Putting people down for being Mexican or Asian is oppressive to those people. Saying rich southern white ladies are likely to say something racist is not applicable to many many women but it doesn’t make it a dangerous statement like Leanne or Brandi’s blatant racism.

Brandi does have a chance to be better than Leanne and give a sincere apology quickly and not double down for months and then say I’m sorry if I offended you,  I’m not racist, I have a gay friend.

Edited by iloveit
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I have heard people from the Northeast making generalized comments that all Southerners are backwards, stupid, ignorant and unelightened - that bothers me

I disagree with those thoughts! I would be bothered if I were you too! I definitely do not think all or most Southerners are those things at all.

i will also add that I was actually surprised at the beginning of the season when they ran the preview and I heard Leanne’s comments. I thought she was inclusive and wouldn’t think or say something like that. I was very wrong. I didn’t feel shocked that Brandi would say something offensive but I do think she seemed to be trying to be a better person this season so hopefully she will see the errs of her ways and try to do better in the future. 

Edited by iloveit
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, iloveit said:

Agreed which is why I caveated my statement. But just to reiterate, I do not think all rich white southerners are racists and I am positive there are racists everywhere. And I get (and agree with) your point that people elsewhere may just be more cautious with their words and not actually be more pure in thought.  

Saying I am not surprised that rich white people from Dallas say problematic things does not oppress rich white Southerners. Putting people down for being Mexican or Asian is oppressive to those people. Saying rich southern white ladies are likely to say something racist is not applicable to many many women but it doesn’t make it a dangerous statement like Leanne or Brandi’s blatant racism.

Brandi does have a chance to be better than Leanne and give a sincere apology quickly and not double down for months and then say I’m sorry if I offended you,  I’m not racist, I have a gay friend.

Sorry if it came off as if I was disagreeing with you, @iloveit. I actually appreciated what you said and was trying to build upon it based on what I experienced in the various places I’ve lived. And also note just how insidious the different permutations of racism are. I think people in the North (including myself in the past) like to pat themselves on the back about how much “better” the North is in terms of race. And it drives me crazy because it feels like another way for rich, white Northerners (women and men) to disassociate themselves from the racist systems they function within and uphold. Not all racists wear white robes and light crosses atop Stone Mountain in Georgia. They sometimes are just guys in suits in a town redistricting meeting, etc.

And I completely agree re: the power dynamics inherent in our discussions about generalizations. I don’t love generalizations, but, as you accurately pointed out, generalizing about white, rich Southern women is not oppressive. And I don’t find it remotely as dangerous and damaging as the things LeeAnne and Brandi have said.

Sorry again if my response came across as dismissive. There’s some ways I could have worded my reply better.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

Sorry again if my response came across as dismissive. There’s some ways I could have worded my reply better.

Oh no, I did not see it as dismissive at all! I quoted your post as a means to start saying I agreed with you so sorry I didn’t word everything I have said better and I agree with all of your new post, too!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, iloveit said:

Oh no, I did not see it as dismissive at all! I quoted your post as a means to start saying I agreed with you so sorry I didn’t word everything I have said better and I agree with all of your new post, too!!!

I laughed at your post because it struck me as funny, given how looney the Housewives are and how crazy our political discourse is in this country, that we’re going back and forth with each other to make sure we best expressed ourselves in a respectful manner. Thank God for polite people on these boards- it really makes discussing some hostile women and contentious topics a lot easier. And shows why most of us should never, ever try to be Bravo Housewives. 😂

• Love 11

Alright y'all, I feel the need to stick up for the flask. That it totally something my friends and I would joke about doing,  and do if the situation would allow for it. Those reunions are dog fights and I can see why having a belt out of a flask might feel necessary.  Hell, some of them take anti-anxiety meds to get through.  

I just don't think it is fair to label someone a drunk based on a small sampling of their life. People have vastly different relationships with alcohol. Some of my friends don't drink at all, some drink socially,  and some are what I call weekend warriors (those who like to drink quite a bit on weekends). All of these people have well-paying professional jobs that they are successful at. Just because you see Brandi or DeAndra drunk on camera doesn't mean they are drunks. They appear to be managing life quite well and just like to blow off steam from time to time. 

• Love 15
On 1/1/2020 at 8:43 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

so wait she can be hurt by being called surface because it triggers a feeling in her and thats painful for her but she cant understand and not use the word trash with Brandi and it was Stephanie that implanted that word and "tricked" her mind into saying it a mere hours earlier?? Good God Kam you are nuts 

I don’t know. I think what Brandi said to her was just as bad. 

• Love 3
On 1/1/2020 at 9:40 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Kari sounds ridiculous saying that Leanne needs to sleep in a bed with her, and if Leeanne sleeps naked, she should compromise and put on clothes when there are a whole host of other bedrooms in the home.  Leeanne was right that Kary antagonized her about her childhood/not having children.  

Agree.  I don’t like LeeAnne but her not having children is none of Kary’s business. And I don’t buy Kary’s claim that she was just trying to get to know her. She was trying to make her feel bad, which is why she brought up her own children. 

I don’t have children and my sister has done the same thing to me. I felt like she was saying I’m shallow and vain for not having children, when she has no idea of the reason why. Kary was out of line. 

Having said that, I can’t stand Kary anyway and hope she doesn’t come back. Hope LeeAnne doesn’t either... and what on earth did she do to her hair? 

• Love 14
33 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Agree.  I don’t like LeeAnne but her not having children is none of Kary’s business. And I don’t buy Kary’s claim that she was just trying to get to know her. She was trying to make her feel bad, which is why she brought up her own children. 

I don’t have children and my sister has done the same thing to me. I felt like she was saying I’m shallow and vain for not having children, when she has no idea of the reason why. Kary was out of line. 

Having said that, I can’t stand Kary anyway and hope she doesn’t come back. Hope LeeAnne doesn’t either... and what on earth did she do to her hair? 

As much as LeeAnne rubbed me the wrong way this season, I didn’t like the way Kary approached her about not being a mom either. The way she asked “you never wanted babies?” rubbed me the wrong way. To me she seemed judgmental of LeeAnne-sort of asking if she felt maternal-like how could you not want sweet, adorable babies?! What’s wrong with you as a woman? And I thought exactly what LeeAnne did-she was again being judgmental when she said oh I had a rough childhood too, but I managed and became a mom! As much as I know LeeAnne brings up her past too much, I totally get sexual trauma affecting you in a way other things may not. And then there’s LeeAnne’s age. Does Kary think LeeAnne is supposed to try to be a mom now?! Does she want her to shed tears over not getting to experience motherhood? This is such a sensitive topic for many women out there, and I wish people were more respectful about inquiring why some folks are childless.

• Love 18
On 1/2/2020 at 10:32 AM, AuntiePam said:

I don't see Brandi's video as racist.  She's known for her voices and impressions.  Is it always going to be racist now to imitate an accent?  Brandi doing Asian is no different from Brandi doing German or Russian, at least not to Brandi. 

Do you think blackface is a funny impression?  I think this is very similar, and as someone pointed out above, it is called "yellowface." 

19 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

No, I dont either. Leanne was personal. I'll wait and see what Brandi says, she is usually pretty open on SM.

She thinks it is funny, and said she would do it again.

15 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Seriously, the only way she could have thought surface friendship translated in to Stephanie calling her a dumb blond is if she really is that stupid. Stephanie clearly explained what she meant about needing to deepen the friendship so that they would feel comfortable going to each other during hard times. She is a manipulative liar! I thought she was going to stab her eye in order to be able to produce actual tears during that section.

I think she really IS that stupid.  I can't believe I liked her - she really fooled me. 

I bet Kort was on the side of the stage, motioning for her to cry.  I think both Kam and Kort have been putting on a show, and I am starting to see them clearly now.  I guess they aren't the first couple to do it. 

And any time I think of Kort, I think of his brother Chart (Shart) and have to laugh. 

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10

Wondering if Kary is already in divorce negotiations - maybe he’s hoping she’ll disappear if he buys her that condo (and now that she’s making her own money on the show), but she’s holding out for more.

Edited by nexxie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Wondering if Kary is already in divorce negotiations - maybe he’s hoping she’ll disappear if he buys her that condo (and now that she’s making her own money of the show), but she’s holding out for more.

I think she is hoping he disappears.  But not without first giving her all of his money.

• Love 9
On 1/1/2020 at 10:26 PM, hisbunkie said:

I wonder what exactly she did/does for “charity/society “.

My recollection from the beginning of the show was that LeeAnn’s claim to fame was her friendship with D’Andra, who is a true socialite.

No - she was on the show for at least one season (possibly 2) before D'Andra joined.  And I'm willing to bet that until D'Andra joined most of us had never heard of "The Simmons Name" 😄   In season one she claimed that since she didn't have money she was a hard worker, and that she knew a lot of people so she was able to introduce people who could help each other out.

On 1/2/2020 at 7:13 AM, Legalbeagle421 said:

Kary and D’Andra seem like miserable people.

Yep.

On 1/2/2020 at 5:45 PM, Jextella said:

There is something off about Kary.  Not sure what just yet, though.

I do think she is exceptionally smart.  She called LeAnne out on every nuance related to LeAnne's twisted attempts at self-justification 

I think it's that she's trying to come off as a fun gal but she's actually got a laser focus on her agenda that she can't quite hide.

21 hours ago, For Cereals said:

Kam can totally suck a dick for those fake tears.  She totally perpetuates the dumb blonde stereotype.  Not buying her fake hurt or how Stephanie planted the word “trash” in her head.  She’s constantly trying to deflect from her bad behavior.  She may have some funny talking heads at times, but do not like her as a person.

ETA her elephant song was stupid.

She's an asshole.  I totally forgot that Brandi told her to suck a dick so it made me smile all over again!  She needs a lesson from Rinna on how to have the perfect tear fall down her face.  And for the record, Kam, you're not a "dumb blonde", you're just a stupid person.  And your hair is dyed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5