Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: New Allegiances

Jeepers first time I ever started a thread.

Ended up skipping Annabelle's tumble.  Wasn't sure it would turn out to be fake so she didn't actually have to embarrass herself.  Didn't want to feel sorry for her and definitely did not want to watch and find out there wasn't anything to giggle and jeer at (I loathe her seat; she is an incredibly uncomfortable rider and I don't think she really should be putting herself at risk or the horse for what I think is show attention -- she can ride but not as well as this demands, even before training; she should stick to her broom).

Caprice is one of those women "I just don't understand how she can be so mean".  I loathe those type of women who sneakily try to establish a fact attitude in what is a personality disagreement (i.e. takes two with two sides) and therefore subjective.  Plus again when with Julie she takes Noelle mentioning the girls commenting on her leaving early and turns it into something far more dramatic and "hurtful".    I would love it if she and that face she tried to fight swarm of bees with and lost ended up tracking really poorly in the ratings and was the one not asked back for a second season.

I do enjoy Caroline basically taking her words and using them to bitch slap Noelle all the while grinning cheekily.  Caroline is a bitch but she does use her powers for good on occasion.

So Juliet is all about telling it like it is and being true.  Yeah how did that work out for you when you basically called Marissa a liar when she very well could have simply not cared enough to think Caprice matters in the grand scheme of things.  Let alone could actually have pregnancy symptoms.   How did that work out as you played the childish whatever you say I'll insist the opposite and Marissa told it like it was?  We all saw that face when Marissa dared to keep it real and said she wished she knew you during those halcyon days of your third trimester.  How was that for real Juliet?

And funny how Juliet is so like both of her enemies on the show.  All three, Juliet, Annabelle and Caprice have gone out of their way to wrap themselves in nasty petty immature drama based on the simple fact they can't get over someone else refusing to simply roll over and let them not only be right but telling the other what she thinks.

I thought Marissa was a bit over weepy but I also thought Juliet basically calling Marissa a liar and a phony for not having the exact same attitude deserved the same level of passion Marissa had.  Just should have been the same cutting anger Marissa showed briefly instead of the hurt weepy feelings.  Caroline seemed to  have to basically remind Juliet that she is nothing without the friendship of Marissa Hermer.  I wish Marissa was willing to wield that nicely honed tongue and wit of hers on the other women. 

HOWEVER, is Marissa pregnant during this time?  A month or two?  Because didn't she and Matt have their second son after this filmed?  Or did she have him right before?  I only saw the one boy in the first episode. I'm pretty sure the boys are close together and the younger is rather recent.   I noticed that her glass often looks like it might be ginger ale and not champagne.  A couple of the champagne glasses have something that is a different shade than the others.

• Love 1

Juliet is annoying, and Caroline wastes her breath even trying to explain simple concepts like tact to Juliet.  She might as well be trying to explain the mechanics of astrophysics to a 5 year old.  Actually the 5 year might at least pay attention.  Juliet is just a negative, angry person, and thats fine, it takes all types to make the world go around, but why be angry at someone who dares to have sympathy and compassion and not be a mean girl with you?  Caroline is right, Juliet is probably starting to get the reputation as a person who always starts a fight, causes a scene or loudly takes issue with something, and people are going to start to want to avoid her.  In fact, I hope that happens, because she never, ever, ever wants to admit that she is wrong, oh she may say sorry, but I don't think she means it.

I was also annoyed at Noelle, I mean I'm happy that the charity she is fundraising for is getting money in any way they can, but she seemed so much more concerned about a charity helping her to "shape a public image" rather than helping the charity.  I mean, she didn't even pretend to want to really help the children of Africa.

• Love 1

Who the hell is Noelle to be running  a fundraiser? WTF? And it was clear she didn't give a rats ass about the charity. She certainly does fashion herself a high society women, even before the ring is on her finger. Puleeze. And her trying to kiss up to Caprice and Caroline at the same time is hilarious. 

Caprice is a total famewhore and drama queen. If you leave an event early, you leave a damn note, a message or text the other people in your party to let them know you left. How freaking hard is that? Instead she checks out, leaves town and when she gets called on kit, she pulls the pregnancy card. She just wanted to create drama and make sure she was the topic on conversation. And how tacky was it that she asked Caroline to throw her a shower, and when Caroline wouldn't do it in a public place, she asked Noelle and Marissa, but stipulated it had to be in a particular restaurant.

Did  Marissa renounce her US citizenship? If not, what was the big deal about no longer being American? My guess is there were business reasons for it, it wasn't all about having a British passport. But at least she got a pair of earrings out of it. 

While I find Juliet annoying, I love how Caroline has found a foil for her dry humor. What is up with the makeup artist? Does he come to her events because they are pals or does she need hourly touchups?

I felt bad for Annabelle being thrown, but when she was galloping, she didn't seem to be fully in control. I cannot imagine what would have happened if she had actually ridden in the race. She probably would have been thrown and trampled. BTW, only one shot tonight, Annabelle only made one McQueen reference when she said that she didn't think McQueen would have liked the idea of her racing.  

• Love 1

Noelle reminds me of someone but I can't put my finger on it.

Julie needs boobs.  Or a bra at least under that multi color dress.

Annabelle saying the horse had "McQueen colors" or something like that. Really??

That's all I've got from this episode. Meh.

• Love 1
And how tacky was it that she asked Caroline to throw her a shower, and when Caroline wouldn't do it in a public place, she asked Noelle and Marissa, but stipulated it had to be in a particular restaurant.

She is beyond tacky. I have had three baby showers and never in my life have I ever ASKED anyone to throw me one, let alone made stipulations about where the baby shower should be held. Why haven't any of these great friends of hers, who are such good friends they can't be bothered to drive a bit to celebrate her babies, offered to throw her a shower?

• Love 2

This show is so dang boring!  How can they try to build multiple episodes out of such mundane, trifling events?   The 'drama' over Caprice driving back to London with Annabelle is the very epitome of making a mountain out of a molehill.  Yes, she was rude.  No, it's not worth talking about for three days!

Watching Noelle put together the charity event, rather than just filming people mingling around, might have actually been interesting.

I don't understand Caroline's business.  Someone calls her up and says, 'I want to buy someone a $500,000 gift.  Wrap something up and send it, will you?"  If you're spending that kind of money on someone, wouldn't you meet with a jeweler yourself?  Of course, I can't imagine spending that kind of money on anything except real estate, so I'm obviously not in the same league as her clients.  It just seems incomprehensible.

I like Marissa more each episode.  The relationship between her and Matt comes across as very genuine and warm. 

What on earth was Julie wearing when she went to see Annabelle after the accident?  And why was Annabelle wearing a hospital gown and stuck with an IV when she was staying in a hotel?  I'm glad they didn't show the actual accident.  Too ghoulish.  I can't get over how thin Annabelle's arms are.  I'm surprised they didn't' snap like twigs when she spilled.

• Love 1
(edited)

Annabelle is just so ridiculous with the constant McQueen reference.  It's almost like she's trying to remind the fashion community that at one time, she was supposedly a designer's muse and the industry has long forgotten her.  It's pathetic.

Juliet is just irritating.  I find it hard to believe that this woman could possibly have done anything of importance because she talks and acts like a preteen.  

How many fucking times are we going to hear Noelle talk about Caprice mentoring her?  Who cares!

Edited by sasha206

Julie's hair...so, so bad.  Like, trainwreck bad.  Like, just wear a wig please bad.  Yikes. Not befitting the future Countess (?) Sandwich.

Frost, I wondered the same about Annabelle being in a hospital gown while not in a hospital.  Huh?  Couldn't she find a hospital gown in McQueen colors, at least?

• Love 1

Julie's hair...so, so bad.  Like, trainwreck bad.  Like, just wear a wig please bad.  Yikes. Not befitting the future Countess (?) Sandwich.

Frost, I wondered the same about Annabelle being in a hospital gown while not in a hospital.  Huh?  Couldn't she find a hospital gown in McQueen colors, at least?

She looks so skinny, I wonder if she is undernourished or missing some nutrients that would make her hair healthier or stronger.

In the harsh light of day, almost all of them look like candles that are about to melt. Noelle looks like she's already had a facelift -- her eyebrows are so high up.  The only one who seems to look naturally pretty is Marissa.  She always looks classy, and her face looks the least worked on.

• Love 2

Ain't that the truth.  I did see Annabelle when Julie was "visiting" and was shocked at how haggard and aged Annabelle looked.  I keep thinking there is some kind of trick going on and she is actually the daughter of the old woman she had tea with and is the mother of the woman who is supposed to be the older sister.  I do imagine it was in good part due to the meds and the pain.  But that doesn't explain the lumpiness of her skin.  

I cannot imagine the horror Noelle will look like in ten years.  Way too much stuff done to her face at a young enough age that she isn't taking into account the structural changes faces undergo in a good way as one ages.  Ironically I think she actually could have been one of those women who simply stun at they hit their second peak late thirties early forties.  Instead she basically made a pinata out of her face but I'm betting no matter how many times I hit it with a stick no candy or toys are coming out. 

Oh wait.  Let me backtrack a couple of episodes to Caprice without makeup.  I DO know what Noelle will look like in a couple of years.

poeticlicensed  you nailed on Caprice trying to continue with the drama by checking out early.  She so wanted to cause drama and be the poor put upon victim.  If I was off somewhere and was expected to ride back with someone I damn well would have at least left a note at the front desk to be delivered to their room explaining the matter.  I find it funny that Caprice always mentions being pregnant and yet never once thinks that her "friends" who are expecting to share breakfast and I'm guessing elevenses and maybe light tea with her might actually worry about her entitled ass (fake natch) simply disappearing.  The idea that the woman who last episode tried to prate pompously on how things are properly done couldn't be bothered to practice simple common sense let alone do so for fake drama?  I really wish the looney conspiracy theories about both of her babies actually being carried by surrogates turned out to be true and was revealed just as the show got ready to sign on for a second season.

I hate the whole 'I'm going to nebulously and frivolously involve myself in a charity simply to make myself look grand" trope BRAVO shows in particular seem to adore since the early seasons of the various Housewives shows.  But I will say that Noelle at least did pick a genuine charity instead of starting her own and it is an incredible cause.  There is something about British and even European awareness even on the entitled self absorbed levels that lacks here in the US.  Americans as a whole a crazy generous in times of need.  Even can choke a cynical prick like me up sometimes.  But it often seems to take a much greater push on certain things that don't affect us in general; while the reaching out seems greater and more frequent in the UK.  Noelle's type of get together is actually pretty common from what I have seen in what I would call the cocktail crowd.  I think in large part it does stem from being such a fish bowl of a society,

I hate the whole 'I'm going to nebulously and frivolously involve myself in a charity simply to make myself look grand" trope BRAVO shows in particular seem to adore since the early seasons of the various Housewives shows.  But I will say that Noelle at least did pick a genuine charity instead of starting her own and it is an incredible cause.  There is something about British and even European awareness even on the entitled self absorbed levels that lacks here in the US.  Americans as a whole a crazy generous in times of need.  Even can choke a cynical prick like me up sometimes.  But it often seems to take a much greater push on certain things that don't affect us in general; while the reaching out seems greater and more frequent in the UK.  Noelle's type of get together is actually pretty common from what I have seen in what I would call the cocktail crowd.  I think in large part it does stem from being such a fish bowl of a society,

I thought that was hilarious as well.  Homegirl is trying to so hard to "build her brand" that she neglected to understand that putting on a charity event to get yourself better press and coping to that makes you look like one empty shell.

Instead she basically made a pinata out of her face but I'm betting no matter how many times I hit it with a stick no candy or toys are coming out.

Holy crap, that's funny.  And sadly true.

Noelle is a shit stirrer.  Why call up Caprice to tell her the ladies were talking about her after she left?  Oh wait, don't tell me.  Because it's for altruistic reasons a la Tamra Judge.  Please.  Why remind everyone at breakfast the conflict between Juliet and Marissa (and Caprice and Annabelle)?  Really?  And can someone please tell Noelle she doesn't need to purse her lips or pout at all times?  Is she even able to hold her lips and mouth normally at this point?   

Is Scott desperate for a girlfriend or fuck buddy?  Why else is he with this vapid waste of space?  Nothing is good enough for her.  She finally got her way and moved into a flat with him and first day, she's already saying this place is only temporary (I could hear a "Thank God" in the back of her mind).   She annoys me far worse than anyone else on this show.

Julie, the future Countess of Sandwich, seems very nice but girl needs an Extreme Makeover and fast.  Where are Stacy and Clinton?  Her clothing is not good.  Her hair is not good.  Her makeup is not good.  Isn't she good friends with Caprice?  How can Caprice let this happen?

Holy hell, I didn't even recognize Annabelle at the end.  I did laugh over a post upthread on how her hospital gown should have been in McQueen colors.

I love Caroline.  I want to be Caroline.  She always looks good (I have NEVER looked that good supposedly hung over, nor will I)

I seem to be totally hooked on this show. Go figure. Since the OC Howives are just not bringing it for me this season (who are you really, and what have you done with Vicki?), I find myself really looking forward to this show each week while the HoWives are still screeching on my screen.

I fully expected, based on the previews of this show, to hate Caroline. I love Caroline. She is me, only with money and Royal friends (and a better body and prettier face and waaaay better clothes, but I digress). I am always the one that believes in telling the truth and I try to do it with a smile with friends.

I love her honesty. I love that while she appears to genuinely have real money, and is certainly a real Brit, she seems willing to accept everyone, even the tackiest of tacky Americans, Juliet. While Caprice is a bitch with a nasty attitude and a really overrated opinion of herself, Caroline is just the kind of bitch I like.

I realy tried with Juliet, but I just cannot anymore. She cearly is the perfect example of an ugly American. No tact whatsoever and no real personality that I can see. 

I hate Caprice. Other than Caprice, does  anyone not hate her?

At any rate, I am really liking this show. Hope it comes back for another year.

• Love 5

OK, so it seemed like Marisa thought "I've been really boring lately, let me get in a fight with someone." And then she proceeded to have the most boring fight imaginable and then go back to the stupid citizenship thing. So yeah, great job, Marisa.

Let alone could actually have pregnancy symptoms.   How did that work out as you played the childish whatever you say I'll insist the opposite and Marissa told it like it was?  We all saw that face when Marissa dared to keep it real and said she wished she knew you during those halcyon days of your third trimester.  How was that for real Juliet?

Anecdote is not hard evidence. Just because you claim to be energetic or kinder during your pregnancy it doesn't mean it's true for everyone. That's not how you argue about things, Juliet. Why are all of these women so terrible at this? Surely they've seen reality shows before.

While I find Juliet annoying, I love how Caroline has found a foil for her dry humor. What is up with the makeup artist? Does he come to her events because they are pals or does she need hourly touchups?

Judging from Caroline's face, he's a mediocre makeup artist. But the idea that she's a Death Becomes Her zombie who needs hourly touchups amuses me.

Watching Noelle put together the charity event, rather than just filming people mingling around, might have actually been interesting.

Yup. I used to watch a ton of David Tutera's show before they kept messing with the format. I'm not expecting these women to cure cancer or stage a musical but there are ways to make what we're seeing onscreen seem more interesting. If they don't have legitimate issues with each other, they need to stop pretending to fight. 

Is Scott desperate for a girlfriend or fuck buddy?  Why else is he with this vapid waste of space?  Nothing is good enough for her.  She finally got her way and moved into a flat with him and first day, she's already saying this place is only temporary (I could hear a "Thank God" in the back of her mind).   She annoys me far worse than anyone else on this show.

I am growing convinced that she is secretly employing dog training techniques on him or something with the way she rebukes and humiliates him and then doles out positive reinforcement and affection when he does something "right."

• Love 1

I guessing she simply checked off all the requirements on Scott's Mistress List

1.will she fuck me?

2.is she greedy and self-interested enough she won't laugh at me with my clothes off?

3.will she fuck me?

4.is she stupid and greedy enough not to realize I'm using her more than she is (trying) to use me?

5.will she blow me?

6.is she dumb enough to not realize I can use her famewhoring career hopes to shift enough funds around to keep up a somewhat more luxurious lifestyle than I normally would under my creepy greedy ways?

7.will she fuck me?

8.is she vapid and basically charm free so that when I walk away I won't give a good gracious damn?

9.will she fuck me?

10.is she stupid enough that when I do dump her I don't have to go all covert affairs to keep my cash this time; giving me what I want without me having the tiniest bit of responsibility or future reprecussions?

11. will she....hey the cameras are here I need to go put on my plunging neckline black tee that hides my protruding gut so well...

• Love 13

Marisa and Juliet making up was so much more genuine that Kristen and Heather making up on RHONYC. I feel like Marisa's forgiveness was real. Also, I think the bright dress with the bows is the best outfit Juliet has put together so far. It still wasn't the most flattering thing she could have put on but at least it was a step up.

Yeah, Noelle isn't the most altruistic for using the charity for good press but she is raising money and honestly, it's not like most people give to charity for completely unselfish reasons whether there's some personal gain or just guilt involved. I'm willing to give her the point on this one.

I find most of what Roberto Cavalli designs super tacky.

Caroline is incredibly rude to Noelle. Again, you can't be absolutely awful and then turn around and lecture people on manners. Idiot.

What was Julie's profession again? Yoga instructor? There was something a bit odd about the way she was talking to Annabelle in that last scene. I do feel bad about her injuries. It's not like this is maybe fake asthma. She clearly got hurt. A bit doubtful about the 4 ambulances and the helicopter but she's clearly in pain.

• Love 2
(edited)

That "fight" between Marissa and Juliet was so stupid.  I do feel like producers are whispering in their ears to amp up the drama and at some point, Juliet realized that Marissa is actually a friend and that she had gone too far in her Mother Theresa assessment.  BTW, I've known a few goody goodies like Marissa and it's never very much fun and gets annoying after awhile.

Nothing really happens on this show.  They go to their little events or whatever it is that week, a fight erupts--usually a Brit versus an American--and then spend the next two episodes talking about it.  Boring.

Edited by candy moocher
  • Love 2

I love this thread. You are all hilarious! I think my favorite line is "hospital gown in McQueen colors" but there were many, many close contenders. Well done. You guys! So funny!

• Love 2

What was that yellow monstrosity that Juliet was wearing?

Julie has no boobs.

All the fake kissing they do drives me nuts. I just don't get it. Is that a high society thing?

I did laugh at Marissa's comeback to Juliet:

Juliet: I was really nice when I was pregnant.

Marissa: I wish I'd known you then.

LOL.

• Love 1

I think Noelle wants to invite comparisons to Portia de Rossi, but Portia looks 1000x better than Noelle could dream.  Shoulda left your face alone, heifer.  & looking at Caprice as a mentor?  You in trouble, girl.  Then again, Noelle believes Scott about his money...so, maybe she's already a lost cause.

• Love 2

Everytime Noelle asks for a kiss, Scot seems so scared that he is about to be engulfed in those lips.  It's like he is kissing his grandmother.  I don't see any fire between the two of them, which leads me to believe as soon as this show is over he's out the door and onto the next gold digger and leaves her with the flat as a "nice knowing you" present.

And Julie is a mess.  I guess I expected to see a great body w/all that yoga but I don't see it.  She looks like a crack whore with toned arms.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Noelle reminds me of a young Pia Zadora.

I was curious about Annabelle's injuries and where she was recovering. Slade Farms is an equestrian place, so I guess it's where she had her fall. So despite a broken pelvis, why was she not in a hospital? Why was she recovering at a business and not at home?

So despite a broken pelvis, why was she not in a hospital? Why was she recovering at a business and not at home?

My guess is that she is recovering in some type of hotel room/ bed & breakfast type of place.  I know there are plastic surgeons near me who have blocks of rooms at hotels near a hospital reserved for their patients post-surgery.  They still have nurses and doctors available but don't have to recover in your typical hospital room with some stranger puking their guts out or worse.

My guess is that she is recovering in some type of hotel room/ bed & breakfast type of place.  I know there are plastic surgeons near me who have blocks of rooms at hotels near a hospital reserved for their patients post-surgery.  They still have nurses and doctors available but don't have to recover in your typical hospital room with some stranger puking their guts out or worse.

I think you're right.  There are plastic surgeons where I live that have whole buildings reserved for patients post surgery, of course this is only for those who can afford it. 

• Love 1

Everytime Noelle asks for a kiss, Scot seems so scared that he is about to be engulfed in those lips.  It's like he is kissing his grandmother.  I don't see any fire between the two of them, which leads me to believe as soon as this show is over he's out the door and onto the next gold digger and leaves her with the flat as a "nice knowing you" present.

I thought this at first about Scott too. But now I think that as a Brit, he may not be into public displays of affection, especially with the cameras rolling.

So despite a broken pelvis, why was she not in a hospital? Why was she recovering at a business and not at home?

A minor point but one is not kept in a hospital when one is not in medical danger - i.e. doesn't need the facilities of doctors and skilled nursing care. One would generally be released to some kind of rehab facility or home since one doesn't need sophisticated medical attention but just needs help with mobility. In the US, one would either go home and rely on spouse with some kind of visiting nurse checking in periodically or go to a "nursing home/rehab" facility. At this stage, Annabelle is not in medical danger and could have gone home but since she lives alone, she might be staying. Why she is wearing the medical gown? I've had one experience with being unable to toilet and clean myself without help and a hospital gown is actually pretty functional since you might not want your regular clothes subject to all the leaks and stains. 

• Useful 1

I thought this at first about Scott too. But now I think that as a Brit, he may not be into public displays of affection, especially with the cameras rolling.

I thought this too but you look at the other Brit who seems to be very affectionate with Marisa?

And Julie is a mess.  I guess I expected to see a great body w/all that yoga but I don't see it.  She looks like a crack whore with toned arms.

Ha! So true.  But her eyes are gorgeous.  

I feel like I say it every episode, but I hate Noelle's faux-Brit accent!  And why is she such a snob?   

I cannot believe Juliet asked the Cavalli salesman if Caroline got a Friends and Family discount.  Where does she think she is, Bed Bath & Beyond?  

I feel like I say it every episode, but I hate Noelle's faux-Brit accent!  And why is she such a snob?   

I cannot believe Juliet asked the Cavalli salesman if Caroline got a Friends and Family discount.  Where does she think she is, Bed Bath & Beyond?  

I think Julie's eyes are scary -- they're so blue that they look colorless. I don't like to look at her, to be honest.

Noelle's fake accent seriously grates. Every time she speaks, I parrot whatever she says back to myself, but in a snarky manner. She could not get away with that in The States because she would have been called out a long time ago. I'm surprised Caroline hasn't said anything about Noelle's accent because I'm sure she's thought of it. 

I hate to admit it, but I've done the same thing.  It has nothing to do with me wanting to sound upper crust, but more with I think naturally talking like all the people around you.  I find if I go to the south, I slip into some crazy Southern accent, almost subconsciously.  Maybe its my subconscious need to fit in.  I think I did the same thing when I visited London.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I hate to admit it, but I've done the same thing.  It has nothing to do with me wanting to sound upper crust, but more with I think naturally talking like all the people around you.  I find if I go to the south, I slip into some crazy Southern accent, almost subconsciously.  Maybe its my subconscious need to fit in.  I think I did the same thing when I visited London.  

Subconsciously adopting nuances of another's person's accent, especially foreign-sounding ones, is actually quite normal. It's a mechanism that promotes empathy for the other person and it allows you to be more easily understood. I soften my, rather harsh sounding Southern-tinged, accent for my grandma all the time and take on traits of the way she speaks since she wasn't born here. But Noelle? Nuh uh. That accent is totally forced. 

Edited by cyberfruit
  • Love 1

There was a scene where Noelle was around two Americans, no Brits--and there was no trace of her faux accent. She also really doesn't have it in her THs. I can't stand her and her pursed lips. Between that and the smoking...hello, mouth wrinkles.

I like Caroline. I think she's pretty and I like her voice, not the accent, particularly, but the cool and confident way she speaks. Noelle tries to adopt her style and intonation and fails, obviously.

• Love 1

Ok who I like thus far from top to bottom:

Marissa; no question. Love her, love her style. I don't happen to think being nice or the ability to put yourself in someone else's shoes is a flaw so I can freely just love me some Marissa.

Caroline; I did not see this coming. I generally can't stand the "I'm a bitch and I know it" type but I really like her! I don't actually think she's bitchy so much as very sarcastic and cynical (sing it sister!) and a little impatient. She's funny and I think she might be pretty great.

After this it gets dicey.

Juliet; I guess? In the sense that I don't think she's a horrible person so much as horribly obnoxious. She seems ok when she isn't on. Unfortunately, she's turned up to 11 a bunch. She was rude about the venison thing. Just eat around it.

Noelle; I know, I know. But her trifling gold digging ass cracks me up. Plus I think she's too selfish to really be mean. I almost can't imagine her caring about anyone else long enough to be really nasty to the other women. Plus she has my favorite quote right now; Noelle (because she is starving):do you have any more soup? Cook: No. Noelle: how about some vodka? Ha! That's comedy!

Annabel: Ug. This dull, pretentious twat can go away any time. Even her Botox bugs me.

Caprice: the winner of the annoying contest! She won by a hairs breath and only because I think Annabel was sincerely born into this in-bread, stuck up ridiculousness. Caprice is actually trying to achieve that level of annoyance on purpose. Somehow that's worse.

• Love 2

It's funny Noelle reminds people of so many different actresses. She reminds me of Jennifer Lawrence. I think it's the hooded eyes. I actually also think Noelle and Marissa look a lot alike.

I think Caroline is fabulous. I'd love to see her and Lisa Vanderpump interact!

She reminds me of Jennifer Lawrence.

Thank you, I think that's who she reminds me of too. 

I think this show should be recast (it is so unbelievably boring, despite all the elements which should make it awesome).  I want to see Caroline (my favorite) and her friends.  Her real London friends.  

I hate to admit it, but I've done the same thing.  It has nothing to do with me wanting to sound upper crust, but more with I think naturally talking like all the people around you.  I find if I go to the south, I slip into some crazy Southern accent, almost subconsciously.  Maybe its my subconscious need to fit in.  I think I did the same thing when I visited London.

I do the same thing!  If I spend a lot of time around a particular accent, I pick it up.  Except African accents, probably because that's the (non-Pacific Northwest American) one I grew up around.

Caroline; I did not see this coming. I generally can't stand the "I'm a bitch and I know it" type but I really like her! I don't actually think she's bitchy so much as very sarcastic and cynical (sing it sister!) and a little impatient. She's funny and I think she might be pretty great.

Add me to the list of converts!  I hated her first show and now I love her and every scene without her stinks.

• Love 1
(edited)

I love this show and I hope they keep it going past one season. 
I’ve watched through episode 6:

Caroline: My absolute favorite and a total crush.  She’s smart, poised,  funny, sensible and looks SMOKING hot in a tee shirt and shorts.  I’ll be her minion any time.  Where do I get one of those tee shirts?

Noelle is not as hot as she thinks she is, she is a total princess who will be entirely disposable to her possibly criminal sugar daddy Scot when the sex gets old or she pushes the right buttons.  She reminds me of the Kirsty MacColl song “What do pretty girls do?”  I JUST heard her say that she finds “Cappers” a role model. 
Noelle will someday outdo Cappers and go straight to porn .  Which is fine.
Once old one T gets access to his money again, he’s off to some broad with bigger cans who will bring girlfriends to bed now and again.  Just watch.

Caprice is a totally shameless self promoter, its what she does, she’s done well, can’t fault her for that.  Not a big fan, never been a big fan.   I’m less of a fan after her attitude toward Caroline’s shower offer.  Hey Caroline, you can throw me a baby shower and I don’t even have a uterus! 

Juliet: I LOVE Juliet!  She has ZERO self censorship and often moves on pure emotion, that said she seems to have a genuine cheerful aura about her.   I love when she looks a little unkempt too, just flopping her hair and owning it.  I love that, plus her kids are adorable.

Marissa seems so needy but I am pulling for her.  I get her desire to attain citizenship in a place she finds home in.  This is a good thing.  I am not one for blind patriotism bordering on nationalism.  So many Americans are so wary of things non “American” .  Go into life eyes wide open and if you find your path and your home.  That’s a good thing.  Plus, usually she’s just plain beautiful.  She seems ok to me.

Annabelle.  Oh my god I love her!  I love how snotty she can be.  I love her devotion to her late friend.  I love how she looks in a cap.  She is quite lovely the less made up she is.  She needs to stop smoking before those smokers lines on her lips get worse.  Annabelle, trust me on that.   I give her major credit for pushing her comfort zone on the goddamn horse.  I hope she gets better soon.  She’s awesome.  Total crush

Edited by hunkapappa
  • Love 2

I give her major credit for pushing her comfort zone on the goddamn horse.  I hope she gets better soon.

I have to disagree.   I think it is incredibly poor form and bordering on disgusting that someone who appears to be trying to present this saddles and hounds lifestyle would put a horse at risk even if she is fine putting her own neck on the line.   If she wants to jounce on a hobby horse like a porn star at a gang bang that is fine.  When she puts her ego ahead of the well being of an animal I have huge issues. 

I'm glad for her though that at her age she only has one dead loved one.  Because it could not possibly be that staying true to her dear dead friend over and over again on camera is merely because he was famous and she doesn't miss or grieve over his non-famous and publicly tragic loved.   I wonder if McQueen would have pulled the trigger if he knew the consequences were all about Annabelle cottage cheese face and not his emotional turmoil?  I do think she thinks she is doing McQueen proper emotional due.  But black hole sucking just considers it it's nature after all.

I wonder how long Annabelle is going to tolerate Caprice solely for the gentle lathing of Caprice's tongue across her ass as it becomes increasingly clear Caprice is determined to make every single altercation between the other women all about Caprice?  Annabelle might not know it yet, and it will be deliciously ironic if it happens, but I'm betting in the next episode or so Caprice will be the most most traumatized by Annabelle's boo-boo.

• Love 2

Here is what I do not understand.  Our ancestors made a conscious decision to pretty much say "F YOU England!!"  We don't like you. How much blood was shed to force them to get that? Revolutionary War anyone??  You think becoming a citizen of Britain is something to be applauded? *crickets*

• Love 2