Type keyword(s) to search

Katrina Crane: She's a Good Witch!

Is she really gone?! I just finished watching Season Finale and please, please let her be gone!

I thought about Grace would have "really" said seeing Abbie's hair. There were mixed race people back then though so maybe it wasn't a big thing for her. 

• Love 1

Did Katrina leave ashes when she disintegrated?  If so, they could sprinkle her ashes on the beach and then she'd be a Sand Witch.

(I am so sorry.  Please forgive me.)

LMBO! HA! Hahahahahaaaaa!!!

Wow that was so funny I laughed for a full minute.

Hee. That's a funny saying. Wish she'd had a chance to show a sense of humour on the show.

The lack of humour was one of the biggest deficits with the character, especially on a show that had a wonderfully loopy sense of fun. It really made her stick out like a sore thumb. It doesn't seem like Katia was much like the po-faced character that was written for her.

It always seemed odd that the showrunner and writers who reportedly were so enthralled with Katia wrote so poorly for the character. I'd like to know the thought process behind that.

The failure of the character was not entirely her fault.

• Love 2

Yest. 12:23 am

Quote:
"How they chose who to put in scenes with KW will forever be a mystery. They had a pretty strong cast, with JN being probably the highest recognizable talent, and they pair her with him? Did they think they could elevate her acting that way? Cause that was like dropping JN into your local high school drama play."

pcta:

"That really is putting down high school actors."

Absolutely. My granddaughter was just in a high school production of 'Legally Blonde' and both dogs showed more acting ability than KW.

KW: widen eyes, heave boobs, whisper

Dogs: Come, Sit, Stand, Wag tail; although KW may have been wagging her tail and we just never saw it.

Just watched Katia Winter in a Season 9 episode of NCIS. She had a small role but was convincing and did it well enough. If she had not been cast as Katrina and Goofman hadn't tried to supplant Abbie with her, she might have been okay.

I just watched part of some dreadful movie called Arena with Samuel L. Jackson and Katia in it. So. Bad. Also, laugh-out-loud funny but only in parts I'm sure weren't intended to be hilarious.  Katia had several attacks of drama. I will say this for her, she seemed to be moving her arms appropriately. That is something which seemed problematic for her when she portrayed Katrina. So bravo! She knows how to operate her upper body when not playing corseted, somnambulant witches.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 2