Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Meet the Slaton Sisters

• Start Topic

This episode is streaming at the TLC.com website; network premiere on January 1, 2020

The Slatons are larger-than-life sisters who have always relied on each other for food and support. Amy, age 31, is desperate to have children, but hasn't been able to because of her weight. While Tammy, 32, is one step away from being bedridden. 

TLC has this show up On Demand so I watched it because I couldn't wait until Wednesday. 

Verdict: They're a hot mess and I give them ZERO chance of making any meaningful changes in their lives.

The best part of the episode was solving the mystery of Tammy's forehead bulge: she says her mother took her to a bunch of doctors and it was determined that she's just storing fat in her forehead. 

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:
11 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

The best part of the episode was solving the mystery of Tammy's forehead bulge: she says her mother took her to a bunch of doctors and it was determined that she's just storing fat in her forehead. 

That alone, makes it a must see! 😄 Storing fat in ones forehead because you've run out of all other places on your body to store it is reality TV gold! 

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

That alone, makes it a must see! 😄 Storing fat in ones forehead because you've run out of all other places on your body to store it is reality TV gold! 

So if she does lose weight and needs skin removed she has it removed from her forehead? It seems like it would sag a good bit. I bet that would be an odd one for the Dr.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

TLC has this show up On Demand so I watched it because I couldn't wait until Wednesday. 

Verdict: They're a hot mess and I give them ZERO chance of making any meaningful changes in their lives.

I also watched it On Demand last night, and my verdict is the same.

These women have been clowning for the cameras on YouTube for awhile. Their channel only has 26,000 subscribers so I don't think they're getting rich off it though.

They clowned their way through this episode, but the clowning fell flat when they were Skyping with the bariatric surgeon. And sh*t got real when they went to weigh in at a junkyard, oh excuse me, recycling center. 

BTW, as shaming as it is, using the scales at the recycling center was a creative solution for them. From now on, when I see other poundticipants moaning that they don't know what they weigh, I'm gonna be talking to the TV: "go to your local recycling center and get on their scales!" 

The sisters are indeed a hot mess. There's a lot of pain and shame behind the laughter. I don't know if they can change their ways enough to turn things around and get healthy. The one who's still mobile has diabetes and other problems, and her sister is in terrible health. Yikes.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

So if she does lose weight and needs skin removed she has it removed from her forehead? It seems like it would sag a good bit. I bet that would be an odd one for the Dr.

I'm guessing these women are not serious about losing weight. They have been doing YouTube videos of themselves EATING! They must have figured out how to get paid for those videos (number of followers/subscribers etc).

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I also watched it On Demand last night, and my verdict is the same.

These women have been clowning for the cameras on YouTube for awhile. Their channel only has 26,000 subscribers so I don't think they're getting rich off it though.

They clowned their way through this episode, but the clowning fell flat when they were Skyping with the bariatric surgeon. And sh*t got real when they went to weigh in at a junkyard, oh excuse me, recycling center. 

BTW, as shaming as it is, using the scales at the recycling center was a creative solution for them. From now on, when I see other poundticipants moaning that they don't know what they weigh, I'm gonna be talking to the TV: "go to your local recycling center and get on their scales!" 

The sisters are indeed a hot mess. There's a lot of pain and shame behind the laughter. I don't know if they can change their ways enough to turn things around and get healthy. The one who's still mobile has diabetes and other problems, and her sister is in terrible health. Yikes.

Thanks for the info in your post Jeeves. I must have been typing in my comment when you posted. I wasn't trying to repeat what you just said😊

I'm sure TLC is paying these opportunists AT LEAST $75,000.00 (each?) per season. That's probably millionaire status where they live. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Thanks for the info in your post Jeeves. I must have been typing in my comment when you posted. I wasn't trying to repeat what you just said😊

I'm sure TLC is paying these opportunists AT LEAST $75,000.00 (each?) per season. That's probably millionaire status where they live. 

No worries. Great minds working at the same time . . . 😊

Well, I’ve been trying to watch this episode since yesterday afternoon, but these two are so annoying I can only manage to watch for about 5 minutes at a time. It will take me all week to get through it!!!

Not much of anything to root for with these two idiots. 

• Love 8
23 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

giphy.gif

LOL, what kind of doctor was this, because I've watched a lot of my 600 pound life and have never seen this phenomenon.  

Shit could be some funky tumor so I hope that doctor was comfortable just calling it a fat deposit.  How does fat even develop at your forehead?

10 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I'm guessing these women are not serious about losing weight. They have been doing YouTube videos of themselves EATING! They must have figured out how to get paid for those videos (number of followers/subscribers etc).

I saw them doing some challenge eating marshmallows and I was shook.  It was disgusting. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

LOL, what kind of doctor was this, because I've watched a lot of my 600 pound life and have never seen this phenomenon.  

Shit could be some funky tumor so I hope that doctor was comfortable just calling it a fat deposit.  How does fat even develop at your forehead?

I saw them doing some challenge eating marshmallows and I was shook.  It was disgusting. 

This show won't last long. I'm in it for a few episodes of Trainwreck originality. But I think it's going to capture my attention for a very short time.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

This show won't last long. I'm in it for a few episodes of Trainwreck originality. But I think it's going to capture my attention for a very short time.

Well, they are going to have to bring it.  It's not enough just to be morbidly obese anymore.  TLC has My Big Fat Fabulous Life, My 600 Pound Life, and a new show about morbidly obese women dating suspiciously good looking men, who are definately really in love with them and are not fame whores. 

There is a lot of competition in the morbidly obese reality TV space.  But these girls look particularly desperate and trashy so I think they are going to do their best to make fools of themselves and then decry "haters" for making fun of them.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

WOW.  I only half watched this, but boy, the unhealthy dynamics come all the way through.  

Amy seems very invested in being smaller than her sister and I don't miss the semi snide remarks about how she is now morbidly obese "like Tami".....bitch, you were 350 last time you weighed yourself.....you were still morbidly obese.  

Im not even sure Tami cares anymore....she seems so resigned to her fate.....it's sad.  I don't even know what to say..  I still have a hard time believing that's just fat on her forehead.  But it's been there a while, so maybe?

Amy's husband looks like a waif sitting next to Amy.  He isn't an impressive man and I expect that he would sabotage any real attempt Amy made at weight loss.

That dinner.......hot damn......three types of cake for three people?  Bacon in lasagna?  A peanut butter and mayo sandwich?    I was struck by the fact that all of that food looked and sounded gross AND fatty....peanut butter pie maybe, but just looking at that spread gave me a sympathetic stomach ache.  

And why the paper plates?  There are just three of them in the house....why can't the husband wash the dishes?

And just LOL at that fairytale about diet soda.  You mean to tell me two women savvy enough to monetize a YouTube channel aren't smart enough to Google that?  It's definitely fewer calories and less sugar than regular soda.....but that it would undo the damage of eating the way they do? 

Also, LOL at amy saying the scale was off.....and that follow up with the producer...... shady! 

Let those girls have their fantasy.  I mean, her clothing weighs like what, 10 pounds?  And let's say the scale is off like 20 pounds.....it means that Amy is like 375 pounds and thats a much better situation!

Anyways, not sure I'll keep watching.  Maybe if I remember to.  I don't like the over the top behavior with the burping and stuff.  That isn't cute.  Which one molested a man?

20 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

She better hope they aren't because Amy will get booted off social security if she is making that much.  

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I don't know if they can change their ways enough to turn things around and get healthy. The one who's still mobile has diabetes and other problems, and her sister is in terrible health. Yikes.

I was shocked that Amy isn't on insulin.  

It's not a good thing or a bad thing but she was eating a LOT of dessert and admitted that she wakes up and has leftover dessert and a "sodie" for breakfast.  

At this point her pancreas is probably overworked, underpaid and ready to poop out. 

With their current dynamic I don't see either of them losing a significant amount of weight.  As long as Amy has Tami, she has someone she can be "smaller" than and so she can always hide behind Tami being fatter and more of a problem. 

I don't even think Tami cares anymore about losing weight.  She could maybe be shocked into it if she didn't have amy there to care for her and as a sympathetic sabotaging shoulder to cry on.  Since Amy benefits from Tami being the fatter one, I don't think she will really be interested in Tami losing enough weight to be smaller than her.  

Tami should be on My 600 pound life.  That would have been the best path for her if she was interested in weight loss.  But that would be hard work with a doctor who won't be manipulated into pity.  

• Love 12
5 hours ago, WhitneyWhit said:

I just watched this and I've never regretted anything more, and I had vinyl pants in 1997.

Reality TV producers, tell me, why is it when you come to my state these are the people you find? We have a couple big cities, people who are educated, people whose family trees actually have branches.

These two were repulsive, and not because of their weight, they're just disgusting. The burping, and that food scene! Bacon in the lasagna? These two have no desire to lose weight.

I also want to know what distorted funhouse mirror is Amy using that makes her think she is in anyway better of weight wise than Tammy?

Also, if people had to weigh me at a junkyard, I'd waterboard a baby to keep that secret.

Bacon is delicious, but I've never heard of a less appetizing sounding use of bacon than putting it in a lasagna.....why?  It sounds so wrong.  

I'm now kinda laughing because the title of the show is absolutely right on.  Tami weighs 600lb and Amy weighs 400 pounds.  1000 pound sisters.  

I'm guessing they are absolutely willing to debase themselves for money since I think they pretty much debase themselves on YouTube for free.  

Normally when I see a spread of high calorie food I get a little hungry, but just looking at that table of.....greasy slop....made my stomach hurt. 

LMAO at waterboarding a small baby if you had to be weighed at a junkyard.  I hear you.  But I think the recycling guy might be a fun and recurring character, especially when any starts yelling at him about how the scale is off.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, RealReality said:

Bacon is delicious, but I've never heard of a less appetizing sounding use of bacon than putting it in a lasagna.....why?  It sounds so wrong.  

Because, it IS wrong. TLC should be blasted for the gross abuse of bacon on this episode.

Normally when I see a spread of high calorie food I get a little hungry, but just looking at that table of.....greasy slop....made my stomach hurt. 

Nothing about that house or the inhabitants was appetizing. Well, except the dog. I'd like to rescue that dog before it gets squashed by accident.

LMAO at waterboarding a small baby if you had to be weighed at a junkyard.  I hear you.  But I think the recycling guy might be a fun and recurring character, especially when any starts yelling at him about how the scale is off.  

Yes, he was great. And, he's correct about the scales being checked. The states inspect commercial scales of all kinds. In our state (not sure about Kentucky), that's done by the state ag department. I used to have a bit to do with that department; they have some rather cool gear including special weights that are kept in a special climate controlled cabinet, that they use to calibrate the tools they use on the job. (I need to check the next time I'm at the grocery store; our ag dept used to slap little annual inspected/OK stickers on scales (and I think also things like gas pumps). 

So, yay for the recycling guy. Actually, as I mentioned above, at least sh*t got real when Amy got on the scale there and it caused a big pause in her obnoxious clowning. 

However, I fear those women are going to clown their way into the cemetery at stupidly young ages. Tammy's already well on her way. 😟

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Because, it IS wrong. TLC should be blasted for the gross abuse of bacon on this episode.

Nothing about that house or the inhabitants was appetizing. Well, except the dog. I'd like to rescue that dog before it gets squashed by accident.

Yes, he was great. And, he's correct about the scales being checked. The states inspect commercial scales of all kinds. In our state (not sure about Kentucky), that's done by the state ag department. I used to have a bit to do with that department; they have some rather cool gear including special weights that are kept in a special climate controlled cabinet, that they use to calibrate the tools they use on the job. (I need to check the next time I'm at the grocery store; our ag dept used to slap little annual inspected/OK stickers on scales (and I think also things like gas pumps). 

So, yay for the recycling guy. Actually, as I mentioned above, at least sh*t got real when Amy got on the scale there and it caused a big pause in her obnoxious clowning. 

However, I fear those women are going to clown their way into the cemetery at stupidly young ages. Tammy's already well on her way. 😟

I'd be absolutely shocked if Tami made any meaningful progress towards weight loss.  Everything about her reads resignation and defeat.  It was maybe the saddest part of the show.  Her self-realization seems real and very sad.  

Right now, Amy's husband seems like a nice quiet fellow, but I've seen enough 600 pound life to know that these normal sized guys who marry morbidly obese women sometimes are very put off by any weight loss and will sabotage to keep their spouse fat.  

LOL, that poor dog, he appears to be in a constant state of fear.....something in his eyes.  

• Love 5

I found their attitude different than the usual attitude of not owning up to why...

I laughed most of the time when they laughed. I have found no reason to hate on them as of yet. However, I did not think it was nice when her husband said he would be running around the park with them and the married sister just put him down immediately. So, right there, we see the reflection of her mom as she couldn't bother to be supportive.

• Love 2

I watched a preview of four different shows: Dr. PP, the new foot doctors, a very heavy man, and these sisters. This was an hour of fifteen-minute segments that could make bacon lasagna sound normal. Anyway, I got through all of it except the sisters. Five minutes of them squealing, burping, and slapping at each other was all I could take. Click. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 12/31/2019 at 12:53 AM, RealReality said:

It does sound strange, but I make a spinach lasagna, and I am now considering making it with bacon as an experiment.  And I like a bacon and shrimp pizza....  It seems like one would have to use a lot of bacon so that the ground meat didn't overwhelm  the bacon.  Or use less ground meat?

I am not optimistic about success for these two, since i think they are more invested in being z-list "stars" on youtube and so much of their shtick is their size.  

I have this set to record.  I bet with all the ff I can watch it in 20 minutes or less.

• Love 2

I always miss the live chats that make these shows more watchable and snarkable.  The amount of food that was put in the cart, I would think that was for the cameras, but you can't maintain that weight on one kool-aid pie or bacon lasagna a day. Should I say that at least there is some effort put into "making" food and not just ordering in food.

• Love 3

I gotta admit, at first, these two gave me a case of the giggles. Then by the second commercial break, I felt like I was stuck driving my two little brother around with them burping in the backseat to see who could burp the best. I did feel awful for Tammy(?), the sister who used the walker, when she cried at the park.  She just seems so down about what she can't do, and just have me the vibe of someone who has just accepted it as "it is what it is." 

I found myself feeling really bad for both of them on those scales, though. I remember once in 4h, we visited the large/large exotic animal clinic at the state university. They had a scale to weigh large animals built into the floor, and another that was like a bed where they could walk the animal up, strap them in sideways, tilt it over to get a reading that way and start surgeries.  Someone's parent made a comment like "Y'all ever put a big person on these?" and the vet leading our tour didn't even blink when she said "Yep." This was back in like 2001, and I couldn't imagine it then, but it broke my heart to see these two ladies today at the recycling center.

I may give them another shot with this next episode, and I really do hope they'll surprise me. But judging by those upcoming episode sneaks? Shew lord are we in for a treat.

• Love 8

@PaTatertots, I also responded positively at first to their clowning. I'm usually predisposed to like humor (if it's not mean or gross). But, yes, it got old pretty fast with these two.

I may have reached my trainwreck-watching quotient already with the Slaton Sisters. They are both in horrible bad health even if one of them can still walk. I don't know if I can watch them fail at changing their behavior and losing significant weight.

I'm sorry their mother is such an old bitch, and it sounds like she was an abusive bitch to them when they were kids. They said their grandmother was the only one who showed them love and appreciation, but she died when they were young. It was painful to hear them talk about their early life because it sounded bleak. Poor kids. 

• Love 14

I found them rather irritating and unpleasant, when they were trying to be 'funny', but they were actually sympathetic on the rare occasions when they were sincere.  I will definitely watch another episode or two before making up my mind... and live chats make it a lot more watchable, anyway!

• Love 7
On 12/28/2019 at 7:39 PM, RealReality said:

It looked like she had a bulgy forehead when she was a child. It doesn't look right. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

The guy there seemed very kind, though.

He did seem kind!

I agree with you, @Jeeves, the mom sounds like a horrible person to be around. I hope they at least have some supportive friends or other family members for encouragement if they end up taking this seriously.

• Love 6

What a piece of shit their mother is.  Sitting there in a wheelchair weighing 200 lbs  more than she should telling the camera they are quitters unlike her and how she raised five kids.  Did she?  It looks like she birthed five kids and they were on their own.

it never ceases to amaze me how family members who are only a few lbs behind the fattest family member are the most judgmental.  Look in the mirror!  

• Useful 1
  • Love 19

I pregamed the episode with some of the YouTube gems these two have put out. The darker haired one is pretty talented with some of the makeup tutorials she’s done. There is another where she’s frosting a cake and licking the knife all the while. Behind her you see an enormous cockroach scurry up the oven door and inside. 🤮🤮☠️

I think I’ve seen enough of these two forever.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 12/30/2019 at 10:53 PM, RealReality said:

I'm guessing they are absolutely willing to debase themselves for money since I think they pretty much debase themselves on YouTube for free.  

There are a number of severely overweight people with YouTube channels who support themselves via the ad revenue they bring in. These two sisters mentioned they have around 130K subscribers, which is a pretty high number.  If you haven't explored this world on Youtube, check out Amberlynn Reid, Food Beauty, Airsoftfatty, and LifeByJen

There is also a whole group of people with reaction channels who "react" to the mukbangs and other videos posted by the ones mentioned above (and many others). One of my favorite reaction channels is Zachary Michael.  He is very funny.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

There are a number of severely overweight people with YouTube channels who support themselves via the ad revenue they bring in. These two sisters mentioned they have around 130K subscribers, which is a pretty high number.  If you haven't explored this world on Youtube, check out Amberlynn Reid, Food Beauty, Airsoftfatty, and LifeByJen

There is also a whole group of people with reaction channels who "react" to the mukbangs and other videos posted by the ones mentioned above (and many others). One of my favorite reaction channels is Zachary Michael.  He is very funny.

That number will go way up with this new show.  

• Love 1
On 12/28/2019 at 11:12 PM, RealReality said:

Well, they are going to have to bring it.  It's not enough just to be morbidly obese anymore.  TLC has My Big Fat Fabulous Life, My 600 Pound Life, and a new show about morbidly obese women dating suspiciously good looking men, who are definately really in love with them and are not fame whores. 

There is a lot of competition in the morbidly obese reality TV space.  But these girls look particularly desperate and trashy so I think they are going to do their best to make fools of themselves and then decry "haters" for making fun of them.  

They are 600 lb life meets Honey Boo Boo

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Please use the Media topic to discuss the Slaton's YouTube channels as well as various other future 600-lbers YouTube channels. Thanks!

Tammy drinks a case and a half of "sodie" a day. That just makes my stomach hurt. And I have never heard of anyone eating a peanut butter and salad dressing sandwich. I'm assuming the salad dressing was either mayonnaise or Miracle Whip.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Tammy drinks a case and a half of "sodie" a day. That just makes my stomach hurt. And I have never heard of anyone eating a peanut butter and salad dressing sandwich. I'm assuming the salad dressing was either mayonnaise or Miracle Whip.

Oh THATS what that was!  I thought it was mayo, but I didn't remember anyone saying that it was a peanut butter and mayo sandwich.  That sounds like something Elvis ate.  

I find their food choices mystifying.  But the other day we went to a good foodie hipster spot and they had peanut butter pie on the menu.  Tried it, it's not bad but it's wayyyyyyyyyy too sweet to have any more than a couple of bites.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I could only watch about 10 minutes of this show. I’m usually up for watching and snarking on a lot of things, but this was too bizarre even for me. I found these gals disturbing to look at and listen to. I didn’t find them funny, I found them trashy and backwards and I don’t have any sympathy for them. It’s like l: “The Hills Have Eyes Meets My 600 Lb Life Meets Mama June.” Times 2. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 7

Just cannot root for these two. They are pretty terrible and I don’t see them even attempting to change. Why should they really? They've monetized being fat. Tami will die in the next 5 years. Amy will follow soon thereafter. I want to be sad for them but they are just not likeable people. And they're pretty mean to each other but then again, their fat mom is horrible too.

And I really, really, really hate hearing any of the super morbidly obese people claiming they’ve “tried every diet” while eating bacon infused lasagna. I know it’s easier said than done (I’m currently on a journey to lose 60 pounds, 57 to go ugh) but calories in calories out. Just be honest and say yeah I like to eat and I eat and drink terrible things and don’t exercise. And while I'm complaining, Tami did another of my super obese pet peeves- oh I can't walk because of my knees popping out of place. First, that's very likely NOT happening. Second, your knees probably do hurt because you're so overweight and you don't use your muscles at all. Push yourself just a TAD and you'll start to see results. Sorry this just super frustrates me as the parent of a 113 pound child facing a major orthopedic surgery next month who continuously pushes herself to her limits even in severe pain. Yet we regularly see people who don't want to walk 30 feet.

• Love 16
31 minutes ago, queenbee24 said:

Just cannot root for these two. They are pretty terrible and I don’t see them even attempting to change. Why should they really? They've monetized being fat. Tami will die in the next 5 years. Amy will follow soon thereafter. I want to be sad for them but they are just not likeable people. And they're pretty mean to each other but then again, their fat mom is horrible too.

And I really, really, really hate hearing any of the super morbidly obese people claiming they’ve “tried every diet” while eating bacon infused lasagna. I know it’s easier said than done (I’m currently on a journey to lose 60 pounds, 57 to go ugh) but calories in calories out. Just be honest and say yeah I like to eat and I eat and drink terrible things and don’t exercise. And while I'm complaining, Tami did another of my super obese pet peeves- oh I can't walk because of my knees popping out of place. First, that's very likely NOT happening. Second, your knees probably do hurt because you're so overweight and you don't use your muscles at all. Push yourself just a TAD and you'll start to see results. Sorry this just super frustrates me as the parent of a 113 pound child facing a major orthopedic surgery next month who continuously pushes herself to her limits even in severe pain. Yet we regularly see people who don't want to walk 30 feet.

I generally agree, but I think dieting, weight loss and more importantly maintaining weight loss isn't always as simple as it's made out to be.  

I watched an HBO documentary even before the biggest loser stuff started coming out about how easy it is for the body to plateau and regain weight.  It featured a women who has dropped like 100 pounds.  She was maybe a bit bigger than average and the amount of work she had to put into maintaining her weight was ridiculous. 

Having said that, at this point, the slayton sisters could probably drop a hundo easy if they just limited bacon intake or went down to TWO pies at dinner.  Or just half a case of sodee.  Or perhaps not making so much dessert that you can have a leftover pie for breakfast and making another one for dinner. 

Amy said Tami needs to eat a lot..... okay, fair, but does it have to be a lot of greasy slop?  What would happen if Tami ate a crapload of quinoa or brown rice and chicken?   If those are too expensive then white rice.  

ETA: I know Tami is manipulative, but I feel bad for her.  She doesn't even seem to care anymore and I doubt she will be very motivated to put in the effort to make any real changes.  I'd love it if I was proven wrong. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Having said that, at this point, the slayton sisters could probably drop a hundo easy if they just limited bacon intake or went down to TWO pies at dinner.  Or just half a case of sodee.  Or perhaps not making so much dessert that you can have a leftover pie for breakfast and making another one for dinner. 

Yes I think this is a better point than what I was saying above. Dr. Now sometimes quotes exactly how many calories one must be eating per day to maintain certain weight levels. If Amy or Tami gave up just a little of what they'd eat the weight would fall off quickly, at least the first 100-200 (maybe even 300 for Tami). I'm not a scientist but to main 600 pounds I'd think she's eating at least 4000 calories per day if not more. I did an online calculator which only went up to 500 pounds and it said 3600 per day to maintain 500, so I'm estimating.

I really want someone out there to actually TRY to lose weight prior to resorting to surgery. Surgery should be a tool, not the entire toolbox, or it will never work.

• Love 6

Well, that wasn't quite as bad as expected because I could ff thru some of their unpleasantness.  I am truly pessimistic about this, because I don't see the motivation either one has to lose weight.  If Amy was not caring for the sister, she would probably be a lot heavier.  

29 minutes ago, queenbee24 said:

I'm not a scientist but to main 600 pounds I'd think she's eating at least 4000 calories per day if not more. I did an online calculator which only went up to 500 pounds and it said 3600 per day to maintain 500, so I'm estimating.

Years ago I read an article in Prevention that stuck with me which claimed that sedentary people need 10 calories per pound versus 20 calories per pound for very active people.  Tami is very sedentary so maybe 7-8 for her so I would guess she eats at least 4000+ especially if she is continuing to gain.  And Amy is caring for Tami so she probably is eating at least that much or more to have gone from 350 to 400. 

A 'sodie" in the morning with last night's dessery!!!   And a cartoon or more per day of diet "sodie" is mind boggling to me, although I have a niece who probably drinks several regular cokes in a day.   I probably drink 2-3 cokes in a month, if that, and I try to drink only the Mexican ones.  And on occasion I will drink a Grapico.

The mother is pretty awful;  I can see why these women are so messed up.  Mom needs to lose weight, too.  Too bad they didn't take her to the re-cycle scale as well.   I did like the man that weighed them.  

• Love 8