Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

Well, of course I could be wrong. But I really think that at some point before the final 4 they will have the bachelorettes in Iowa on the farm. When that would be or how the logistics will work out I don't know but . . . . c'mon! Honestly, what is the point of having a bachelor from the middle of nowhere Iowa if they aren't going to use it to ramp up the drama? Believe me, they'll find someway to use it, maybe not at the very beginning of the season, but at some point. I mean, couldn't you just see a group date where he divides them into two teams and challenges them to see who can do farm chores the fastest? Fleiss has got to be salivating at that kind of opportunity.

Just think of the metaphors; said while mucking the horse stalls: "Our relationship is just like this barn--full of shit."

• Love 5

Seems to me the Bachelor franchise is mainly about pretty people (ymmv) in pretty places (ditto) "finding love" in the most.dramatic.ways.ever. Eventual marriage optional--though weddings try to lend a whiff of legitimacy to the charade, maybe help hold interest for those who tune in for a "happy ending." I think more tune in for trainwrecks and batsh*t crazy all wrapped in the pretty. 

Having my hopes raised that maybe, just maybe, someone other than unattractive Chris could be the next Bachelor...we indeed may have a season of ghosts in the graveyard drinking game? Sigh.

Well, on the bright side, there looks to be plenty of more interesting fall shows on the schedule.

who think that cows just lay milk in bottles.

Ha! I just snorted & woke up the dog. I had someone try to tell me once that chickens laid soft shelled eggs & you had to wait until they hardened to collect them. The possibilities if they did decide to incorporate some farm life are entertaining to imagine. Edited by ramble

Perhaps...just perhaps, Marquel moves very slowly with white women because of the race issue on this show.  The pickings are very limited and for that reason he may not be sure about how they feel about the issue.  In that case he may be waiting for a clear signal that it's ok with her to move forward?  In such a closed environment I may accept a date with a guy I thought was nice but that would'nt mean I wanted him trying to slob all over me on the first date be he black white or pink with purple polka dots.  Take it easy dude and wait for the green light.  Maybe he's not seeing green lights?  Or what he perceives as green lights anyway.

Edited by Shugardrawers

I'm glad they picked Chris. This show needs a fresh storyline for its Bachelor, and they can milk this lonely farmer theme until the cows come home. Remember the On the Wings of Love theme for Jake's show? HILARIOUS.

They will definitely cast some lonely farm girls, maybe another one-armed cast member who lost her limb in a thresher accident? So many possibilities. And I am sure some of these girls will be more than happy to exchange living in the middle of Nebraska or Wisconsin or Minnesota for the middle of Iowa and the cover of US Magazine. 

Marquel has proven to be unentertaining on BIP, and I wasn't a fan of Arie on his season either. I am more excited for Chris than I was about Andi. 

• Love 3

This is driving me crazy, because didn't some other show surprise the ladies with chores they were expected to do on a farm: Definite shock and fake good-humored responses. Was it Joe Millionaire? I need to do some research.

One episode of the recent 'I want to Marry Harry"  (hilarious, by the way)   featured the women sweeping out a horse barn to impress the "Prince", while prince went riding with another woman. 

Random thought, don't know where to put it : second season of the Bachelor Australia and they are testing a twist. It's the 8th episode, 8 women are left and then 6 new women are introduced to the lionesses. Dramaaaaaaaaa ! 

It was presentend as a world premiere. Is it possible the mothership's testing the waters for that in the US version or when once the concept sold, local productions are totally independents ?

• Love 1

I would think the latter.  Now that they've completely stopped casting leads who aren't past contestants, I'd say they're anything but experimental.  Casting a few super-fans for Bachelor Pad 3 was the last move even resembling a risk.

• Love 1

Totally hoping they play up the theme this year. We had themes pretty consistently for a while - Prince Lorenzo, Officer and a Gentleman, London Calling, Wings of Love. But recently... Nada. Theme me up now that we've got a farmer, please! One good corny tagline can carry a season full of snark.

How exciting would it be if they cast some women outside TB norm! If Chris is serious about staying on the farm (hadn't he mentioned to Andi he'd consider moving?), then I hope he isn't defeated by a bevy of bimbos who wouldn't last a week living on a small-town farm. Eh, it could be yet another exercise in futility for this show, they care about creating drama and heartbreak under the guise of finding love and getting engaged at the finale because that's what typically delivers better ratings and ad revenue. How romantic. :)

• Love 1

My nomination for theme for Farmer Chris is "Sex Farm Woman" by Spinal Tap. A ridiculous song for a ridiculous show.

Yep, I already went there.

bosawks Jul 28 2014. 6:37 pm

I need to start working on all my "plow" jokes now...

Scout Finch, July 29 2014. 10:48 AM.  

No need, Spinal Tap has already done the work for us!

Workin' on a sex farm

Tryin' to raise some hard love

Gettin' out my pitch fork

Pokin' your hay

Scratchin' in your hen house

Sniffin' at your feedbag

Slippin' out your back door

Leavin' my spray

Sex farm woman, I'm gonna mow you down

Sex farm woman, I'll rake and hoe you down

Sex farm woman

Don't you see my silo risin' high, high, high?

Workin' on a sex farm

Hosin' down your barn door

Botherin' your livestock

They know what I need

Workin' up a hot sweat

Crouchin' in your pea patch

Plowin' through your bean field

Plantin' my seed

Edited by Scout Finch

Well, of course I could be wrong.  But I really think that at some point before the final 4 they will have the bachelorettes in Iowa on the farm.  When that would be or how the logistics will work out I don't know but . . . . c'mon!  Honestly, what is the point of having a bachelor from the middle of nowhere Iowa if they aren't going to use it to ramp up the drama?  Believe me, they'll find someway to use it, maybe not at the very beginning of the season, but at some point. I mean, couldn't you just see a group date where he divides them into two teams and challenges them to see who can do farm chores the fastest?  Fleiss has got to be salivating at that kind of opportunity.

Group date milking cows, perhaps?  Or if they wanna go the "yuck" route, perhaps mucking out the barn/pasture?  Adventurous route, maybe helping to break wild horses?  So many possibilities...

You guys are a little out of date. Farms in that area are nothing like what you are picturing. It's all miles of grain, big combiners, big spray trucks. if there are animals, they are in feed lots attached to machines. There is no mucking, milking, etc.

Now they might be able to find a small organic farm in California to visit. That could be fun. Especially since Chris would be out of his element too.

Edited by DancingD
  • Love 5

Reality Steve says that Cody has been in Iowa since BIP finished, getting Chris in better physical shape for filming his season.  Chris looked in pretty good shape to me, but I imagine we'll see him shirtless, as we've seen all Bachelors.  I don't remember seeing him shirtless with Andi.  Or did we get a glimpse when he changed clothes for their Horse race date?  Did I forget that?

During BIP they ran a casting ad for this season of TB and for the first time I can ever recall they actually said TB's name instead of just generically saying "if you'd like to date our next TB/B'ette"  Does anyone recall them ever doing that before?  I wonder if that means they are having trouble getting B'ettes to audition?  

During BIP they ran a casting ad for this season of TB and for the first time I can ever recall they actually said TB's name instead of just generically saying "if you'd like to date our next TB/B'ette"  Does anyone recall them ever doing that before?  I wonder if that means they are having trouble getting B'ettes to audition?  

They are searching for those specifically interested in Chris because of his job/living situation. It would be a bad season if they had women who had no intention of moving to a town of 758 residents many miles away from anything bigger.  

Not that there won't be women who lied just to get on the show.  I can see that happening.  Being part of the bachelor family has become as important as finding love with the lead.  

I guarantee they have HUNDREDS of women to choose from.  And a lot of the women come from professional casting and/or modelling agencies.  Some come as recommendations from past cast members.  Most of them have already had background checks, have a job they could leave, etc.  From what I've read, the "walk-ins" that show up at the various cattle calls they advertise on TV actually make up the smallest percentage of women accepted into the final casting process.  They do those ads to drum up interest from the audience.  They want women to feel like any of them could be the "one" the Bachelor chooses.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

I guarantee they have HUNDREDS of women to choose from.  And a lot of the women come from professional casting and/or modelling agencies.  Some come as recommendations from past cast members.  Most of them have already had background checks, have a job they could leave, etc.  From what I've read, the "walk-ins" that show up at the various cattle calls they advertise on TV actually make up the smallest percentage of women accepted into the final casting process.  They do those ads to drum up interest from the audience.  They want women to feel like any of them could be the "one" the Bachelor chooses.  

Yes.  They rarely get women from those places who really want to live in Iowa, though.  That is why the search is still going on.  They are all usually all cast by now.  

Edited by wings707

RS was back on twitter this weekend, indicating that they filmed at the Baloon Festival in Albuquerque, NM.  No additional info on the girls, but it's something. 

I may be able to get some detail on that in a couple of weeks.

• Love 1

RS has admitted that he's got less info at this point than he normally does.  He credits some of this to the fact that there haven't been as many "public" dates as there usually are, so he hasn't had random people on the streets sending him pictures and descriptions of what happened, and some of it to the fact he just hasn't received the same tips from his "sources" that he usually gets.  But it's still relatively early in filming, so I assume he'll get there eventually.

Just a brief overview of what/who RS has posted so far for those who can't stand to actually read his site (and I know you're out there).

First, here's the 10 women he's confirmed so far (copied directly from RS and not my words).  Go here for more info and photos.

1. Tandra Steiner: 30, Salt Lake City, UT. Executive Assistant at Overstock.com. Also models in her spare time and is a motorcycle enthusiast. Can almost guarantee you her entrance on night one will be on a motorcycle.

2. Whitney Bischoff: 29, Chicago, Ill, originally from Kentucky. Registered Nurse at the Fertility Centers of Illinois. Graduated Univ. of Kentucky in 2007 with a B.S. in Nursing.

3. Evie Steenhoek: 30, Tulsa, OK. Manager at the Riverside Jet Center in Tulsa. Attended the University of Oklahoma and Northeastern State University. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing. Is one of the calendar girls for the MyBombshells.com Facebook page.

4. Tracy Darakis: 29, Wellington, FL. 4th grade teacher at Royal Palm Beach Elementary School. Graduated University of North Florida in 2007.

5. Jillian Anderson [No, not THAT one]: 25, Washington, DC. Has three other sisters. Currently works at the Fox News Channel’s DC Bureau and also is a Washington Redskins cheerleader. Graduated Youngstown State University in 2012.

6. Kara Wilson: 25, Edmonson County, Kentucky. Teaches English at Grayson County High School. Tried out for “American Idol” back in 2011. Graduated from Western Kentucky University. Younger sister Kelsea Wilson just got engaged last month. You can’t see it by her Twitter account since she just set it to private, but she has rededicated her life to God. Her gimmick is that she is not going to kiss another man until her wedding day. Wonderful. She’ll last about a nanosecond on this show.

7. Michelle Davis: 25, Provo, UT. Got pregnant at 17, married shortly thereafter, and has been divorced a couple years. Daughter Sadie turns 8 next month and son Cohen just turned 6. Currently works for Vivint in Provo, UT and attended Utah Valley University. UPDATE 10/10: She no longer works for Vivint.

8. Christina Scherenberg (goes by Trina): 32, San Clemente, CA. Originally from Algonquin Hills, IL. Special Education teacher. Has two Masters Degrees. No kids, never married, father passed away in January of this year. According to her Instagram, she’s obsessed with her dog, Lulu.

9. Megan Bell: 23, Nashville, TN. Graduated from Middle Tennessee St. University with a degree in Public Relations. Works as a barista at The Perch in Nashville. Has appeared as an extra in “Nashville.” Her dad died in July of this year. Has purple highlights in her hair because the show wanted her to.

10. Jordan Branch: 24, Denver, CO. Just graduated Colorado University Denver in May. Went into casting for this show immediately thereafter, so wasn’t working when she left for filming.

Other info:

• Filming began with limo entrances on Sept. 25
  •  
  • Second rose ceremony on night of Sept. 30
  •  
  • As for destinations, he knew ahead of time that they were going to Santa Fe, NM during the filming because the Santa Fe tourism board, which apparently gave away the whole store to get them to come, has been crowing about it all over the place.  Then on Oct 16 he confirmed they had been there that week and posted a bunch of photos of production trucks and equipment in front  of a Santa Fe hotel.  Apparently this is episode 5, and their first stop after the LA episodes.
  •  
  • He also reveals that, just like each season, the Bachelor and Bachelorettes (collectively) have a codename that production uses.  In the past the names have been couples like Bonnie and Clyde, Johnny and June, Will and Kate, etc.  This year it appears the girls' codename is "Rose," which leads him to suspect the couple name this time might be Rose and Jack from Titanic.  Not that important but interesting.

• After NM they travel to . . . . South Dakota?? for ep 6 where they will attend a Big & Rich concert that will be filmed live and for which "regular" people have been invited to be in the audience.  So he should get some photos and info from the crowd on that one.  (I believe that happened just last night, so look for more info today).

• After SD they will go to Des Moines, IA (??)  I assume this is an episode where they will also visit Chris' farm but we don't know that for sure.  But I don't know why they would go to anywhere in IA and not do the farm thing.  This is the last episode before hometown dates (which also probably means visiting the farm before the final 4 are chosen)

• So, yes, this means it is the first season in a LOOOOONG time where they won't be traveling overseas until the F3.  Some ladies are bound to be pissed.

• The F3 will be going overseas but RS hasn't confirmed where they are going yet. He has leads, and if they are correct he says at least one country will be one they've never gone to before, but he hasn't released that info yet.

I think that's all the major points for now.

• Love 2

I will be in Santa Fe soon and will ask our friends there if they heard anything. It's a long-shot, but who knows?

La Fonda, the hotel the production trucks were parked near, is my favorite place for lunch in that city just because of the beautiful dining room. The food is great, too, but the dining room is beyond gorgeous.

Yes it is and their Roasted Corn & Green Chile Chowder is to die for!  I go to Santa Fe often and loved seeing those pics.  I stay at the Garrett Desert Inn a block away from there.  

• Love 1

Oh good god, nothing will ruin him!  He is a guy doing a TV show in the hope it will bring him something.  Nothing more that that. He finds love or not.  No big deal. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

RS has a brief update on his site.   He says one of the 1-on-1 dates coming up is to his old High School, for a football game.  Ye Gads!  I'm wondering if all the girls Chris dated in HS are gonna show up to get a look at his date?  I probably would!  *LOL*

Wonder how the ratings for this season will compare to prior ones.

I sense that the luxury and exotic elements of TB haven't been quite the consistent level of OTT these past seasons, what do you think? Visiting your farm or a school football game is fine I suppose, it's a bit more "reality" than most of what they do on these shows (though it could be boring for those who expect or want fantastic adventures and sweeping romance, ha). Ghosts in the graveyard, anyone?

(edited)

A few more tidbits from RSs latest update:

Last Sunday, Oct 19th was the night of the date which involved a public Big and Rich concert at the Deadwood Mountain Grand in Deadwood, SD.  Steve has several pics sent to him by the public that you can see on his latest column, as well as a video with Chris "dancing" (the scare quotes are intentional) with a girl, who seems to have won the rose on the group date earlier that day and got this concert as a reward. (On Twitter he says this is a girl whose name he had not yet released). I'm including the video here (all due credit to the Reality Steve website from whence it came) because Chris' pathetic "dancing" attempts might brighten your day.  The song, in keeping with the classy subtlety of this franchise, is "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy."

On Thursday Chris was spotted around Des Moines with a crew filming "walk arounds."

Last night, Friday Oct 24, was the hometown football game date that leighdear mentioned above.  The Des Moines Register has a gallery of photos taken at the game of Chris along with his date, who appears (to my eye, this is not confirmed) to be Michelle Davis, one of the girls Steve had already released. [Ed. to say: I was wrong.  This is not Michelle Davis, but Jade Roper, of whom you can read (and see) a LOT more down thread].

Tonight, Sat. Oct 25, they are in Des Moines filming a 1 on 1 that involves a concert by someone named Easton Corbin.  (Sorry, not up on my country stars.  No idea who that is.)  RS assumes this is a private concert since they didn't seem to put out a call for public participation like they did for the Big and Rich concert.  

Today, Chris was spotted on a one-on-one coming out of a place called the CapesKafe, sort of a hybrid comic shop/cafe.  Then he and the date go to the Riverwalk which leads to this very . . . . interesting. . . .photo of Chris on his hands and knees with his butt in the air.  There are several other photos of him walking around with this date on Steve's Twitter page.

RS doesn't seem to know much more yet about what's coming up, except that the Des Moines Register, again, has reported that production was looking for a farm in the vicinity in which to film.  Said farm had to have "corn harvesting and livestock."  So maybe that's where we'll finally get the "can she handle life on a farm?" challenge.

Edited by Rhondinella
to correct erroneous info
  • Love 1

Big & Rig is an actual band of whom people have actually heard! Not that they've been relevant in years, but for once TB and his date won't have to feign excitement about someone who finished 7th on season 2 of The X-Factor.

• Love 3

Bugs,

Big & Rich currently have a song in the Country Top 20, and it's been there a while.  They've been doing other projects, but are back on the charts this year. However, if Country Music is not your thing, then they definitely haven't been relevant. 

There's some interesting photos of an outside wall mural being painted of Chris and his date Whitney, on a building.  Weird kind of "tribute" thing when they haven't even gotten to the final 4 yet. 

https://twitter.com/RealitySteve

My bad! I do like country but don't hear country radio very often anymore (city-dweller, rarely drive). I just buy new releases from acts I already like. [/OT]

I wonder if that mural is painted on some kind of temporary layer that can be removed once the novelty wears off.

• Love 2

RS has a brief update on his site.   He says one of the 1-on-1 dates coming up is to his old High School, for a football game.  Ye Gads!  I'm wondering if all the girls Chris dated in HS are gonna show up to get a look at his date?  I probably would!  *LOL*

Maybe his probation officer will show up.  (Don't know if he really had one, but wouldn't be surprised with his police record.)

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 1

My bad! I do like country but don't hear country radio very often anymore (city-dweller, rarely drive). I just buy new releases from acts I already like. [/OT]

I wonder if that mural is painted on some kind of temporary layer that can be removed once the novelty wears off.

No, another artist will paint something else at some point.  Many cities have a mural wall that changes over time. 

I live in Des Moines and here is what the Des Moines Register reports about Bachelor activities last weekend:

Thursday -- Soules shooting promo shots on the pedestrian bridge over the river and on Court Avenue. Court Avenue is a downtown street with several bars and restaurants.

Friday -- date to his high school football game. I think his hometown is at leat 3 hours from Des Moines, maybe more.

Saturday -- spotted in various places around downtown Des Moines with a blonde woman. The Farmers Market, Des Moines Social Club, the river walk, the East Village. Dinner at RoCA, a new restaurant. I think the mural is on the side of this restaurant.

Sunday -- with another woman at West End Architectural Salvage. This is a big warehouse type store filed with odds and ends salvaged from houses being torn down and the like. Also occasionally used as a venue for events. They buy things from pickers". They also had a show for awhile on HGTV where they would decorate a room or home with things from their store. Not sure if it is still on. Not sure what else they did on Sunday.

Monday -- Chris Harrison arrived and this is when they had the group date on a farm near Des Moines. It had been reported last week that the show was looking for a farm for filming. Apparently the rose ceremony was Monday.

I'll be so interested to see this episode and look for familiar places! And I'm glad that it sounds like they didn't totally focus on the farm aspect of Iowa. I was at the Farmers Market Saturday but didn't see any filming. Wish I had, that would have been interesting.

• Love 2

Cryptic tweets from Steve....Must be some big stuff brewing!

RealitySteve @RealitySteve     ·  21h 21 hours ago  

Just when I think the "Bachelor" can't have any more firsts, they go & completely outdo themselves this season. I will tell at a later date

RealitySteve @RealitySteve     ·  54m 54 minutes ago  

As each day passes & the more info I'm getting, I am absolutely giddy for the next  "Bachelor" season 2 start in Jan. I've never said that

RealitySteve @RealitySteve     ·  53m 53 minutes ago  

What a colossal out-and-out sh** show this will be. Finding love? Bahahahahaha. It's AAAALLLL about the girl drama. Don't let them fool u

• Love 2

Cryptic tweets from Steve....Must be some big stuff brewing!

RealitySteve @RealitySteve     ·  21h 21 hours ago  

Just when I think the "Bachelor" can't have any more firsts, they go & completely outdo themselves this season. I will tell at a later date

RealitySteve @RealitySteve     ·  54m 54 minutes ago  

As each day passes & the more info I'm getting, I am absolutely giddy for the next  "Bachelor" season 2 start in Jan. I've never said that

RealitySteve @RealitySteve     ·  53m 53 minutes ago  

What a colossal out-and-out sh** show this will be. Finding love? Bahahahahaha. It's AAAALLLL about the girl drama. Don't let them fool u

Something is going on. RS never gets excited.  He is usually very cynical and negative.  I love "shit show."  Oh goody.  *rubs hands in delight*

• Love 2

Mystery solved. One of the Final 4 is someone Chris dated in h.s., and now she does porn. There are all sorts of x-rated photos of her online, and she has an arrest record.

Oh, joy.

The farmer takes a ho, the farmer takes a ho, hi ho the porn-ee-o, the farmer takes a ho..........

• Love 10