Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E8 Head Over Hills

• Start Topic

Cynthia's boyfriend, Mike, decides he's ready to take their relationship to the next level; Cynthia tries to get to the bottom of "Snakegate;" with the opening of The Bailey Wine Cellar, NeNe extends an olive branch to Cynthia. Airdate 12/22/19 

Edited by Keywestclubkid

Kandi looks smashing in that TH outfit with the midnight blue dress and the short bob.

Marlo needs to shut her trap. First spoiling the proposal and then telling Porsha how to deal with that hot dog, what's his name.

Kenya was such a jerk with the reveal. Marc is an insufferable egotist but at least he called her out on it.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 15

I didn't like the scene at the jewelry store where Mike's and Cynthia's daughters were pretty much forced to endorse the relationship between Cynthia and Mike on camera.  It felt contrived.   Whenever a kid doesn't toe the party line on this show, like Riley, they get shut down.  What were they supposed to say, except that they approved of it?

I didn't think Porsha should have taken Pilar from Dennis as soon as Pilar started crying.  He's just as much of a parent as she is, and he should learn to deal with feeding and caring for his child.  Porsha, the only ring that is going to make you family with Dennis is a wedding ring.  And that still won't stop him from cheating; it'll just make it more expensive for him to walk away.  Does she really not understand that?  She looked so good in the white dress with her breasts away for once.

The recording is still a thing, several episodes later!  Now it's "the snake."  Why haven't we heard the recording yet, just Cynthia's side, so that we know what we're spending the better part of a season on?  If this becomes like Nene's closet, where we never get the footage/recording by the end of the season, I will seriously think about giving up this franchise.  It is currently my least favorite, and that is saying a lot. 

The fact that Todd not worried about a recession says it all.  Kandi seems like she's acting much of the time, though, like they're going through the motions for a storyline, so I don't feel much when they're onscreen.

Kenya looked so thin in her pink suit.  Very flattering.  On the other hand,  I couldn't have fathomed a worse dress for Eva than the skin-tight one she was wearing with her baby basketball and struggle titties.  

If Nene was going to send a card, it should have been delivered via messenger, not Marlo.  

I care not about Cynthia's engagement.  Call me when they've been married for five years.  In fact, call me if they get married and don't make it a media circus.  That said, they do belong together--they put the almighty camera above everything else.

Kandi, yes you are corny for dressing like Todd.  Who dioes that?

When Marc is around Kenya, he's unfriendly.  When Marc is around other people, he acts like a kid who hasn't taken his Ritalin.  I don't know which is worse.  When is his voice going to drop BTW?

I don't like a single person on this franchise, man or woman.  Cynthia does not have the star power to carry a show to say the absolute least.  The person I like best right now is Marlo.  What does that say?

• Love 12

I have always been conflicted with Kenya..  I always want to cheer for her because 1) Aesthetics.. my superficiality kicks in and I can't help admire the physical package that she is.  2) She seems to have a good brain, 3) She has a strength of going it alone.

However.., I think she is "touched" by an evil gene.. Not to say she is evil, but will do some evil things.  I don't think we will ever know if she is truly this manipulative, messy person in real life or if she is playing that role simply because she figured out that is what she is supposed to do for the show.  Problem is anyone doing that has some problems in my opinion.

I don't think Kenya will ever find a real partner in life because she is capable of turning her humanity on and off and doesn't give a damn about the repercussions.

That is why she is like a "venus flytrap" for men.. She can lure them in with her aforementioned assets and then can "black widow" them after they have served her or cease to be useful.

So.., I've stopped trying to figure out "WHY" Kenya..  Because in my opinion she is doing it in a calculated fashion to keep the controversies going forward.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
19 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Whenever a kid doesn't toe the party line on this show, like Riley, they get shut down.  What were they supposed to say, except that they approved of it?

All three are adults who knew they were going to the jewelry store, if they didn’t approve they didn’t have to go with him. I thought they all looked genuinely happy for their parents. 

• Love 22

Kenya wanted to be married so bad she didn't care who it was to... Now she is in a bad marriage and trying to play it off like she is the one being done wrong... GIRL come on.... Yes he is an asshole but its not like she is some babe in the woods in this ... she wanted a baby and to say she has a HUSBAND so she is a REAL housewife and she got it just not the way she wanted it... 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19

I have a different opinion on Mark and Kenya at that dinner.  What I saw was him calling her out on all her lies.  I'm sure he's heard how she talks about him and since being in front of the camera, this was his chance to clear the air and maybe show that he's not the complete jag she's saying he is  (not that he's perfect, but maybe not as bad as she's making it).  

• Useful 3
  • Love 17

I don't care for Kenya, she has always been mean and cruel.  Messing up Cynthia's surprise was an example of that last night.  The many ways she went after Porsha really said who she was.  Porsha never did anything but mess up her title and that was it for her. I also think she was intimidated by Porsha's beauty. Kenya is a beautiful woman on the outside but ugly on the inside. I do think being rejected by her mom has contributed to that. There comes a time in one's life when you have to take responsibility and do better.  

I believe Mike over her any day. Mike saying that Kenya likes flash while he doesn't was another clue into the dynamics of their unhealthy unhappy marriage. I hope for their little girl, they are able to separate amicably.  Kids are often collateral damage when their parents go to war with each other.  Kenya will not let Mike go without a fight. I expect her to be selfish vicious vile and heartless.  I have to say that the guys defending Nene was surprising.  

The ladies of this show are just beautiful different shades of Black. Their faces don't look plastic. I wish they did not all have cantaloupes in their chest. Kandi has gotten better looking and she has not aged a bit. Good black don't crack indeed.  She looked absolutely beautiful in her talking head.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I will have to say the ladies of this show are just beautiful and don't look plastic. Kandi has gotten better looking and she has not aged a bit. Good black don't crack indeed.  She looked absolutely beautiful in her talking head.  

Kenya is horrible but she's beautiful. I thought she looked great in the white dress on the triple date. And I love Kandi's talking head look in the one-shoulder blue with the short wig.

• Love 13

I like Cynthia and I'm happy for her and Mike (although, again, I think she's much better looking than her partner.  But when you look like her I suppose that'll always be the case.  Except for fine Leon!), but I did not like her dress or hair at the party. 

I also like Kenya, most of the time, but it was messy and mean for her to "spoil" the engagement.  Assuming everybody and their mother wasn't in on Mike's "secret" plan, LOL.

This is the most I've ever heard him speak so it's the first time I'm noticing a slight accent from Marc.  Do any of you interweb sleuths know if he has a West Indian background?  But I agree with Empress1; he doesn't like his wife.  At. all.  That sucks but she need to move on because that's not a fun place to be.  

• Love 6

Best days of Kenya's life: Winning Miss USA then WAYYY below that getting married... and where does Brooklyn figure in? Wow, priorities.... the more I see the more I think this isn't a character, this is who Kenya is. What evidence do we have to dispute that? She has no relationships that haven't failed in any part of her life.

Kandi is so pretty with short hair, many women can't work that but she looks so good with it. And Marlo is looking pretty (except that monstrosity titty sling dress she wore to Cynthia's party).

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I have to say that the guys defending Nene was surprising.  

I don't see Nene being rude or mean to somebody for no reason; she had a problem with Cynthia and Kenya, not Mike and Marc.

The difference between Mike and Marc is that while Mike might like Nene very much and have no personal problem with her, he is Team Cynthia so if Nene is upsetting Cynthia, he's not going to ki'ki and kick it with Nene.

I think Marc absolutely WOULD ki'ki and kick it with Nene, even knowing how much she upsets Kenya and that's the difference between Mike/Todd and Marc.

But I'm not having too much sympathy for Kenya because she encouraged Apollo to come ki'ki and kick it with HER, knowing how much it upset Phaedra.  So, chances come around.

My jury's still out on whether or not Kenya *spoiled* a proposal Cynthia knew was coming but it's enough for me that put herself someplace she didn't belong for some mess-ass shits n' giggles.

Cynthia knew a proposal was coming, but she didn't know the when, where or how.  That was part of Mike's surprise and joy.  See, Kenya didn't spoil Cynthia's moment.  Kenya spoiled MIKE's moment because Mike wanted to see the shock and surprise on Cynthia's face as he proposed to her.  Don't be mad your man gave you an afterthought proposal while everyone else's man plans their proposals out.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

She's a gottam joy stealer.   And worse, she likes doing it.   Imma need you to catch it on rewatch, I want your reaction to the conversation that follows.  Kandi pulls her collar and she........ok well you let us know what you think.  

She had the same look of happiness on her face as when she and her marching band crashed Marlo’s event. I did think it was interesting that there was no TH of her defending the behavior like there typically is when she does something shitty.

• Love 16

I honestly think Kenya made that comment to Cynthia with every intention of spoiling it for her.  She was not even sorry when Kandi yelled at her for doing it.  Kenya look absolutely pleased with herself for doing it.  I am glad Kandi called her out on it.  It was mean spirited and I think Kenya did it because Mike, I don't know, really LOVES Cynthia unlike her Mike. 

Yep. She wanted to steal Cynthia's joy because of her own failing marriage. Kenya is the worst type of person to have as a friend. You can never truly be friends because she's an underminer. Good for Kandi for ripping into Kenya about it.

Which brings me to:

23 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Imma need you to catch it on rewatch, I want your reaction to the conversation that follows.  Kandi pulls her collar and she........ok well you let us know what you think.  

Oh, Kenya wasn't sorry at all. What floored me was when she said, "Stop Kandi, you're going to make me feel bad." Going to make me feel bad? Bitch, you SHOULD feel bad. But as we determined last week, Kenya is an awful person who attracted a man as mean, or meaner, than she is.

23 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

My jury's still out on whether or not Kenya *spoiled* a proposal Cynthia knew was coming

Cynthia may have known a proposal was coming, but she didn't know when.  Staying on Cynthia for a bit, the wiggy looking wig and the billowy dress at the party was not it. I don't know if it's extreme contouring, or as another poster upthread wrote, the heavy eyelashes, but Cynthia looks pinched.

Todd continues to be a letdown this season. His immaturity gets bigger each episode. Telling Kandi that she's afraid of success? Todd, have you met your wife? Kandi can sit on her ass for the rest of her life and be OK financially. Kandi and Todd have that hustle gene in common, but what Kandi's saying is, complete one project first, then move on to the next one. Don't have 50-11 projects at one time because it's impossible to pay attention to all. Quality will suffer.

That dinner was... wow. It's hard to watch when spouses don't like each other, so I can only imagine what it was like sitting there. Kenya is a lot of things, but she seems to be smart with money, so I doubt she would front and have a nice-ass car, but her home is in flux. If Marc married Sheree, then I could understand. So, I don't know where he was coming from with "take care of the house first, then the car." Kenya had to shut him down with "my house is paid for, so..." Like, how does he NOT know that?

And his proposal? "Guess who's official?" What does that even mean? She wasn't official before the engagement? The ring legitimized her? We see how all of this legitimacy is working out.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 16

I want to chime in to the chorus of how beautiful Kenya is.  When she and Porsha came on the show in season five, there was no contest between them to my mind (I don't think Porsha's that pretty).  I also like that Kenya's beauty is unique.  Very few people look like her.  Opposite of generic.  She is also very smart and poised.  Aside from Claudia Jordan, who came on for one season, said everything to Nene's face that everyone had been saying behind her back, who will always be my favorite, I am always theoretically looking to be on Kenya's side (except for the very beginning, when it looked like she was trying to come for Phaedra's marriage.  I don't care that she didn't technically want to fuck Apollo.  She knew she was more attractive than Phaedra, and relentlessly flirted with Phaedra's husband, which is dirty pool in my mind.  It's almost more insulting that she didn't want to fuck him, because now we know the flirting was just a big "fuck you" to Phaedra, who started off as Kenya's friend).

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that I have a soft spot in my heart for Kenya, and I would love to take her side.  I took her side with telling Porsha about Dennis not having sex with that woman and her feelings about Eva not wanting her children around Kenya earlier this season.  Unfortunately, her behavior as of late--ruining Marlo's party and ruining Cynthia/Mike's surprise--is just kind of indefensible, and I don't even like Cynthia or Mike.

At the dinner, though, Marc (whom I loathe) reversed himself.  First he said that any talk of a prenup would ruin things.  Then he said the oft-previewed line of "I told her she can take it all.  I'll build it back again from scratch."  Erm...sounds a little bit like you were in a prenup conversation there, buddy.  Even if you were against It, you were still talking about it, which you said you wouldn't/couldn't do.  

I just have to stick up for Kenya in a small way, because her husband sucks so much--I don't think Kenya is or is going to be a selfish mother.  I don't think she resents her daughter.  I think she resents Marc for putting their daughter heads and tails above her.  If I had a child, I would still put my husband above my child in the hierarchy of things.  A lot of people say that they put God first, then their spouse, then their children.  I tend to think things flow better that way when children are being raised by two parents who are in madly in love.  And it's like Marc is purposely denying that to her.  He's not some good guy who fell out of love.  He bit off more than he can chew, and he's making Kenya pay for it.  Divorce him!

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

I don't see Nene being rude or mean to somebody for no reason; she had a problem with Cynthia and Kenya, not Mike and Marc.

The difference between Mike and Marc is that while Mike might like Nene very much and have no personal problem with her, he is Team Cynthia so if Nene is upsetting Cynthia, he's not going to ki'ki and kick it with Nene.

I think Marc absolutely WOULD ki'ki and kick it with Nene, even knowing how much she upsets Kenya and that's the difference between Mike/Todd and Marc.

But I'm not having too much sympathy for Kenya because she encouraged Apollo to come ki'ki and kick it with HER, knowing how much it upset Phaedra.  So, chances come around.

Cynthia knew a proposal was coming, but she didn't know the when, where or how.  That was part of Mike's surprise and joy.  See, Kenya didn't spoil Cynthia's moment.  Kenya spoiled MIKE's moment because Mike wanted to see the shock and surprise on Cynthia's face as he proposed to her.  Don't be mad your man gave you an afterthought proposal while everyone else's man plans their proposals out.

Y'aint even gotta wonder.  It's what he said at the table.  The other husbands made it a point to be like:  I'm cool with who's cool with me, unless, that person is disrespecting my wife, then all bets are off.  Marc stressed that he's fine regardless of Nene's history with her.  Which made Kenya remind him that she'd referred to Brooklyn as an intrauterine water buffalo.  We don't have to guess, he'd buy Nene a drink if he saw her.  

22 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

Yep. She wanted to steal Cynthia's joy because of her own failing marriage. Kenya is the worst type of person to have as a friend. You can never truly be friends because she's an underminer. Good for Kandi for ripping into Kenya about it.

Which brings me to:

Oh, Kenya wasn't sorry at all. What floored me was when she said, "Stop Kandi, you're going to make me feel bad." Going to make me feel bad? Bitch, you SHOULD feel bad. But as we determined last week, Kenya is an awful person who attracted a man as mean, or meaner, than she is.

Cynthia may have known a proposal was coming, but she didn't know when.  Staying on Cynthia for a bit, the wiggy looking wig and the billowy dress at the party was not it. I don't know if it's extreme contouring, or as another poster upthread wrote, the heavy eyelashes, but Cynthia looks pinched.

Todd continues to be a letdown this season. His immaturity gets bigger each episode. Telling Kandi that she's afraid of success? Todd, have you met your wife? Kandi can sit on her ass for the rest of her life and be OK financially. Kandi and Todd have that hustle gene in common, but what Kandi's saying is complete one project first, then move on to the next one. Don't have 50-11 projects at one time because it's impossible to pay attention to all. Quality will suffer.

That dinner was... wow. It's hard to watch when spouses don't like each other, so I can only imagine what it was like sitting there. Kenya is a lot of things, but she seems to be smart with money, so I doubt she would front and have a nice-ass car, but her home is in flux. If Marc married Sheree, then I could understand. So, I don't know where he was coming from with "take care of the house first, then the car." Kenya had to shut him down with "my house is paid for, so..." Like, how does he NOT know that?

And his proposal? "Guess who's official?" What does that even mean? She wasn't official before the engagement? The ring legitimized her? We see how all of this legitimacy is working out.

Yes, yes, ya'll what I didn't think needed to be said was that Cynthia didn't know.  We all saw them discussing getting married on camera.  I'm saying that element of surprise wasn't the issue (that a proposal was imminent) only the when and how remained.  I'm agreeing lol, I said she was a joy stealer because she took away the only remaining part Cynthia had left to enjoy.   Cynthia did need a beating for that hair and makeup.   Mindnudge:  Kandi's "I did my makeup myself" made me giggle.  

23 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I tend to think things flow better that way when children are being raised by two parents who are in madly in love.  And it's like Marc is purposely denying that to her. He's not some good guy who fell out of love.  He bit off more than he can chew, and he's making Kenya pay for it.

Nods.  withdrawal of affection.  wait, I've said it so lemme stand by it.  I don't think there ever was affection.  I was shocked he smiled at times during dinner.    He's not some good guy.  /fin

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

At the dinner, though, Marc (whom I loathe) reversed himself.  First he said that any talk of a prenup would ruin things.  Then he said the oft-previewed line of "I told her she can take it all.  I'll build it back again from scratch."  Erm...sounds a little bit like you were in a prenup conversation there, buddy.  Even if you were against It, you were still talking about it, which you said you wouldn't/couldn't do.  

I just have to stick up for Kenya in a small way, because her husband sucks so much--I don't think Kenya is or is going to be a selfish mother.  I don't think she resents her daughter.  I think she resents Marc for putting their daughter heads and tails above her.  If I had a child, I would still put my husband above my child in the hierarchy of things.  A lot of people say that they put God first, then their spouse, then their children.  I tend to think things flow better that way when children are being raised by two parents who are in madly in love.  And it's like Marc is purposely denying that to her.  He's not some good guy who fell out of love.  He bit off more than he can chew, and he's making Kenya pay for it.  Divorce him!

Here's the thing, Kenya is full of shit because if you are marrying a man with children, you want a WILL so that you can assure that you and yours get what is supposed to be coming to you. She's so worried about Marc taking her money, she isn't at all focused on Brooklyn's rights to some of what her father has made and making sure she is fully provided for (see John Singleton...) Kenya wants to pretend she's a businesswoman, but she is just a pretty girl who doesn't really understand the way the world works. 

As for Marc putting his child before her, Kenya continues to push this as an either or choice. It isn't. Very simply, Marc can love his child with boundless enthusiasm and still has room to love the woman he chose to share his life with. But Kenya doesn't believe this is possible which is why she constantly makes this a choice between them. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

that's what Kandi said.  Like, damn.   You just had that baby.  And ma'am?  You're 50, why is winning miss usa even really in the top 5 considering all your other accomplishments, excluding motherhood. 

Miss USA at this point is like when people who are decades out of high school talk about how winning the football championship was the best day of their lives. I mean, even leaving out marriage and motherhood (and I'm shocked that motherhood didn't make it on the list since Kenya has been pressed about having kids for at LEAST the whole time she's been on the show), as she puts it, she's a self-made person. I remember those Pantene commercials. What about her first big check? The first piece of property she bought? Starting her hair care company?

4 hours ago, jalady said:

I like Cynthia and I'm happy for her and Mike (although, again, I think she's much better looking than her partner. 

I think they're pretty evenly matched, with Cynthia taking the lead a little. When I think "mismatched-looking RHOA couple" I think Porsha and Dennis. I think Porsha is beautiful but I don't think Dennis looks like much. 

3 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

This heffa.   She's a gottam joy stealer.   And worse, she likes doing it.   Imma need you to catch it on rewatch, I want your reaction to the conversation that follows.  Kandi pulls her collar and she........ok well you let us know what you think.  

Okay so the whole episode is on YouTube.  

I wasn't expecting Kandi to be so mad! She was really mad! Was mad out the gate and stayed mad! The SECOND Kenya started saying to Cynthia that Mike's family was there, Kandi was like "wait a goddamn minute." And then when Kenya said "now you're gonna make it sound like I ruined the surprise ..." but SHE DID, and she did it on purpose, and she smiled while she was doing it! She was biting on her finger like "tee hee, ain't I a stinker?" but she 100% did that shit on purpose and at no point during the whole dressing-down from Kandi did she look sorry. That's foul.

Also when Kandi made that "what stinks?" face and said " ... Bitch" in her talking head, I DIED.

The whole proposal was nice though. I am not one for public proposals but Cynthia clearly loved it, and it was sweet how happy everybody was. Porsha in particular looked really happy - she was like "Aw, Cynthia!" and crying the whole time. 

• Love 21
3 hours ago, ridethemaverick said:

He's Trini.

I loved Kandi this episode. There was some debate about whether Kenya was just putting on for the camera/spicing things up by blabbing about the proposal but the debate is over as far as I'm concerned because Kandi is arguably the most genuine person on this shit show. If she's upset, I believe. Therefore, I believe Kenya truly did try to spoil it.

Also, look at the way she retold the story. "I just had a feeling..." With that batshit crazy look in her eyes. She was damn near cackling with glee. All she needed was a cauldron and a pointy hat. Biiiiiitch /Kandi

I thought the proposal was really sweet.

Cynthia loves Caribbean men, I aint mad at her at all, I get it...lol

Kandi has been awesome and I loved her telling her husband, he needs to chill in spending so much money on endeavors and that he needs to pace himself.  The economy may be good for people in their wealth bracket, inevitably there might be a recession.. Kandi knows what she is talking about since she is a real millionaire and not playing one on tv.

Kenya is miserable and wants to spread her misery. She cannot go after Marc so she goes after an easy target: Cynthia who will not fight back.  

I liked the proposal as well.. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Your child comes before any man, even if you are madly in love with him. There is no guarantee your relationship will last but your child is yours forever. There is a love you have for your child that is separate from the love you have for your parents, your siblings, your partner, e.t.c..  

I don't think that Kenya is jealous of he daughter but it would be really sad if she repeated the same unhealthy dynamic that she has with her mom with her daughter. A mother should never be jealous of her own daughter. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Your child comes before any man, even if you are madly in love with him. There is no guarantee your relationship will last but your child is yours forever. There is a love you have for your child that is separate from the love you have for your parents, your siblings, your partner, e.t.c..  

I don't think that Kenya is jealous of he daughter but it would be really sad if she repeated the same unhealthy dynamic that she has with her mom with her daughter. A mother should never be jealous of her own daughter. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5318919

Lol!!  Can I say something?  I don't wanna speak for her, I don't know if this is what she meant, but in the context of biblical, man is the head, woman is the neck, ordained-by-God-marriages....she's right about the order.  Faith based marriage is a pyramid.  God at the top, husband and wife are each of the sides, if there are kids, they are the bottom (base).  Without all that, it still sounds like what she's saying is children are happy(iest) growing up inside a relationship where their parents are in love.  

Lawd. lol!! 

giphy.gif

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I didn't even see Kenya spoiling the engagement but when Mark called her on it in the car I thought "She probably did," because Kenya is just really not a nice person. And then seeing that Kandi called her on it in the moment and was mad about it just cemented that.

Kenya has to be the center of attention at all times.  I couldn't believe that she said something about the proposal, but totally was not surprised.  I'm glad Kandi called her ass out though, not that it sunk in any.  

5 hours ago, jalady said:

But I agree with Empress1; he doesn't like his wife.  At. all.  That sucks but she need to move on because that's not a fun place to be.  

I agree.  He doesn't like her at all.  It reminded me of a (very short) relationship I was in, where I initially really liked the guy, but after a bit I realized I did not like him as a person.  He was really selfish/self-centered and was a shitty friend.  And every time he would do or say something, I would just say to myself, "woah, he's a dick." (Like for instance, he would stay at my house all day while I was at work, and cook himself dinner.  I would get home and he'd be just finishing eating, and be like, oh you should go get something, there's nothing left in the house.) But unlike Marc and Kenya, after 4 months we didn't get married; it ended.  Kandi said it best; much of what they were talking about at dinner were things that should have been discussed while dating, before getting married.  

4 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Nene's note was nice and all but 

tenor.gif

I didn't see na'am apology. 

Cause there was none.  I could just hear her voice through those bared horse teeth saying, "I have ALWAYS been supportive."  Have you? 

tenor.gif?itemid=5618282

And being as "rich" as you are, your gift was a cheese platter?!?!  From Publix? Now Publix is the shit, so no shade to them, but c'mon on.  And you know she didn't even pick them out or up; she had Gregg, the butler, do it.  

Loved Kandi's "Don't you follow the financial news?"  I just know Kandi wakes up every morning, and checks the stock market prices.  Kandi don't have time to be losing money and I love it. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 18

NeNe's making 2.8 MILLION DOLLARS on this show and all she has to do is send Marlo with a meat & cheese tray with some crackers?  And she thinks that makes it ALL OK with Cynthia?

What a douchecanoe.  She's GOT to go!

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I couldn't believe that she said something about the proposal,

Yes, that was not nice at all.  I had experienced something like that and it sucked, my first husband had proposed to me before the ring was finished, (I was clueless about what the ring would look like or when it would arrive) and at a family holiday party my idiot ex mother in law came up to me and said, "I saw the ring, you will really like it," she shit all over her son's surprise to me!  Needless to say, I had to act like I did not know and act surprised when he gave it to me. P.S. I did not like the ring or the husband.

What satisfaction can you really get from ruining someone's surprise?  Is it that Kenya is unhappy so she has to ruin others happiness?

• Love 14

Anyone else think it was an odd choice for Nene to send food platters to Cynthia's wine opening?  Wouldn't Cynthia have called a caterer for her party and had food there already? 

Nene could have sent a large floral arrangement or plant, makes me wonder if she was making a dig at Cynthia about her party hosting, like too cheap to spring for food.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Porsha had me rolling this episode, between her reaction to Nene’s “cheese and crackers” and her “the cookie jar is not ajar” quip.

Ugh, big mouth Kenya just HAD to say something. And she played it off like she ~had a feeling~. She’s like one of those kids in school that could never keep a secret because they liked being the one with information, I guess it made them feel special? Even if they caught flak for spilling the beans later.

I am not a Kandi fan but I loved her this episode. From getting her dumbass husband together —scared of success? HOW, SWAY?! The same success that paid for the great house and lavish life that you have become accustomed to? (said in Evil Mama Joyce voice)

— to putting Kenya’s ass in check right then and there when she messed up the proposal surprise.

Ah, that corny-ass proposal (and the corny-ass lead-in that the editors gave us, wtf was that shit at the beginning?). Welp, we know corny-ass Cynthia (with that busted wig, yikes!) loves it and that’s all that matters.

Edited by link417
I meant the proposal wig, not Cynthia’s weave
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12

Not to be shallow, but that wig Cynthia wore to her opening, was the worst I've seen her in a long time.  Her braids she wore before she changed clothes looked better. She also looked fabulous when she met with Marlo.  Maybe she is like Kandi, and looks better when she does her own hair and makeup.

Glad Marc is calling Kenya on her lies.  I'm sure he is fed up with her pathological lying and regrets marrying her without knowing her true nature.  I'm one who doesn't feel like he is all that mean to her.  I feel like she is trying to make him look bad, baiting him.

Bet Nene made Marlo stop at the Publix and pick up those cheese trays on the way to the party.  I agree flowers would be nicer.  That's what most people send to a business opening. Also I think she sent it knowing that at least she would be talked about even though she wouldn't be there. And Nene wasn't invited, right?  This way it made Cynthia look petty for not inviting her. 

Edited by howiveaddict
  • Love 13

Almost as annoying as Kenya ruining Cynthia’s engagement was Kenya pretending that she had “a feeling” it was going to happen that night (IMO). As if it were entirely her own idea, and not that Kandi had just told her!! If I were Kandi, that would bug me too, because I’m petty like that. 

It’s akin to Melissa on NJ telling the other women in Jamaica that Teresa “takes 12 hours” to process quips and for sure would bring up Marge’s comment the night before later that day. It was Joe’s insight Melissa was repeating, not her own! But, I give that more of a pass because at least it was her husband’s insight that she was appropriating as her own, rather than a friend’s. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

It reminded me of a (very short) relationship I was in, where I initially really liked the guy, but after a bit I realized I did not like him as a person.  He was really selfish/self-centered and was a shitty friend.  And every time he would do or say something, I would just say to myself, "woah, he's a dick." (Like for instance, he would stay at my house all day while I was at work, and cook himself dinner.  I would get home and he'd be just finishing eating, and be like, oh you should go get something, there's nothing left in the house.) But unlike Marc and Kenya, after 4 months we didn't get married; it ended.  Kandi said it best; much of what they were talking about at dinner were things that should have been discussed while dating, before getting married.  

I had something similar except it wasn't a relationship; we just kind of kicked it for a couple of months. And as I got to know him I was like "I ... just don't really like him very much, like, as a person." I found him annoying. Very clearly not anyone I could go the distance with, so it faded out. That's the whole point of dating! That's why you get to know someone. The whole " ... that was it?" vibe around the table when Kenya and Marc told their engagement story was so sad. I think Cynthia even winced.

(@luckyroll3 What was dude doing in your house all day? Did he work?)

50 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Not to be shallow, but that wig Cynthia wore to her opening, was the worst I've seen her in a long time.

I agree. It was too much hair for her. I didn't like her blonde talking head bob either.

• Love 9

Kenya can't stand not being the center of attention no matter the situation and no matter how it makes her look. I don't think there's anything genuine about her - certainly not her relationship (or lack thereof) with Marc.

Nene with the meats and cheeses. I think Marlo, who we've seen been on a more harmony vibe this season, helped her dictate that note because that didn't sound like Nene at all. And until she actually apologizes and takes accountability for her actions, I won't believe she's turned over a new leaf with her "spiritual journey".

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I respect your opinion, and I'm definitely not trying to change your mind, but I disagree with you.  Children are born and raised to leave the nest.  If they're healthy, they'll find a partner of their own and leave you.  A spouse, or a partner, is someone to grow old and grey with, so they come first for that reason at least.  I think we can find a lot of agreement.  I'm not advocating throwing your children to the wolves or anything...

8 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Lol!!  Can I say something?  I don't wanna speak for her, I don't know if this is what she meant, but in the context of biblical, man is the head, woman is the neck, ordained-by-God-marriages....she's right about the order.  Faith based marriage is a pyramid.  God at the top, husband and wife are each of the sides, if there are kids, they are the bottom (base).  Without all that, it still sounds like what she's saying is children are happy(iest) growing up inside a relationship where their parents are in love.  

Lawd. lol!! 

That wasn't bad!   The bolded is where you completely picked up what I was putting down.  I just don't know about the head and neck (well, I've heard of it, but it's not part of my belief system).  But I bet you made that connection since I mentioned God, so, again, not a bad read!

The only part of my belief system that goes to religion on this front is something I read in a Hindu book at the gym--it said that parents just have to love each other and they will know how to raise a child.  That pinged for me, even if I don't totally understand how it works.

I heard about putting your relationship with your husband first from a guest on Oprah, and then I read an article about it in Glamour magazine in my formative years, and all the tumblers fell into place.

Also, I grew up with a mom that had more than her share of anxiety, and I always felt relieved when she focused on my dad instead of me, even if it was to my detriment.  "I can't pick you up because I'm going to the movies with dad" was music to my entire being, I can't even tell you.  

So please don't anyone think I'm saying you should kick your kids out at 18, or feeding your husband strawberries while your sick toddler is crying for you.  I'm saying, really, that parents need time to themselves to make the whole family right, which includes turning off the phones every so often, letting babies cry a little if you're in the middle of intimacy, maybe locking your parental door when kids get too old for nightmares, knocking on closed doors, and just reducing the guilt significantly.  I'm not a fan of helicopter parenting, and I really don't like kids sleeping in their parents' beds under pretty much any circumstances.  

I think Kandi's parenting style embodies what I'm saying the most.  She clearly loves Riley and Ace, but her life is primarily with Todd, and she makes sure her children (and Todd's child) are well taken care of without worrying about them 24/7.  

That's pretty much all I'm saying.  Also, I've never given birth, so I'm not sure I'm an authority on the matter.  I just speak as a former kid. 😉

• Love 11
8 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I respect your opinion, and I'm definitely not trying to change your mind, but I disagree with you.  Children are born and raised to leave the nest.  If they're healthy, they'll find a partner of their own and leave you.  A spouse, or a partner, is someone to grow old and grey with, so they come first for that reason at least.  I think we can find a lot of agreement.  I'm not advocating throwing your children to the wolves or anything...

This^^^ your kids move out move on and live their own life ... that spouse you always put second or third or forth whatever you wanna call it is in it for the LONG run with you... you will always love your children but they arnt going to be with you in that day to day life like your spouse is point blank period making them feel like they are second is not only rude but can have consequences down the road when it does become just the two of you ....

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 10

This was a perfect episode to hate on Kenya and how thirsty she is to be part of ANY plotline on RHOA. However, towards the end of the episode I began to wonder if she needs the show because she is trying to generate as much income as possible so she can dump that sorry ass of a husband. (Explains her horrible behaviour at Marlo's launch). Her hubby was so disdainful of, and disrespectful to, her that I felt extremely embarrassed for her. However, I think she tolerates playing the public victim role because everyone else is seeing the interaction; so when she finally leaves, no one will fault her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

you will always love your children but they arnt going to be with you in that day to day life like your spouse is point blank period making them feel like they are second is not only rude but can have consequences down the road when it does become just the two of you ....

I agree with what you are saying - I would hate to be 'second' to some superficial win, no matter how important the 'title' may be. It is still not a thing you can interact with or have feelings towards. I thought she would have said the birth of her child, marriage then winning the title. Regarding your observation on children- I agree, but only to a point. My relationship with my kids always came first UNTIL their teens. When they were vulnerable and totally dependent upon us, my hubby and I both put our darlings first (as they didn't ask to be born into our relationship). We made ourselves available, period. Once 16 hits - they need to become responsible - especially for their choices and emotional reactions. We've taught them enough to understand that marriage takes work and dedication, and teens need to be aware that it is time for us to be selfish now.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 6
On 12/23/2019 at 5:48 AM, LibertarianSlut said:

She looked so good in the white dress with her breasts away for once.

Loved your post. (At first I thought your name was librarianslut...lol) When I read the above line, my first thought went to Marlo. I cannot help but shudder when her girls are on display. How does anyone think that almost-bare breasts are a good look? Unless the women dressing this way are willing to do anything to be on camera longer? Kandi has worn some questionable outfits, but she generally wears outfits that look like they are quality garments, rather than ordered from Fredericks of Hollywood.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Marc, lol, has no merit for the basis of his complaint.  If flash turns you off and you go head and propose to a whole Miss USA, you should probably shut the entire fuck up.  He said something I started to agree with - about prioritizing a house or home or other responsibilities before riding around in a Bentley.   I was like you know what, you righ.....until she reminded him that she built that house from scratch on a plot of land that cost her $46 and paid off the land and construction costs before they ever met. 

Prenups too. 

Your post had me laughing out loud. Re: your views on Marc - Exactly! Don't propose to a former Miss USA who appears regularly on a reality television show if you don't like 'flash'. When I learned any prenup was full-on nixed by HIM, I saw serious red flags. I do not believe Marc is as wealthy as he implies and she is probably so embarrassed by his scam, she's not denying his claims. Plus, the look she gave him when he said he can protect his money in overseas accounts...? Yeah, right. And if looks could kill? I don't blame her for getting annoyed re: driving a Bentley. It's her money and her house is paid off, she can buy what she wants. How dare he take control of her money. Not a good sign, not at all. Wasn't her first serious man abusive physically and now this one is emotionally abusive?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I agree with what you are saying - I would hate to be 'second' to some superficial win, no matter how important the 'title' may be. It is still not a thing you can interact with or have feelings towards. I thought she would have said the birth of her child, marriage then winning the title. Regarding your observation on children- I agree, but only to a point. My relationship with my kids always came first UNTIL their teens. When they were vulnerable and totally dependent upon us, my hubby and I both put our darlings first (as they didn't ask to be born into our relationship). We made ourselves available, period. Once 16 hits - they need to become responsible - especially for their choices and emotional reactions. We've taught them enough to understand that marriage takes work and dedication, and teens need to be aware that it is time for us to be selfish now.

Perfect post! when your kids are young and vulnerable, they come first. It does not mean you neglect your relationship with your partner.  Everything in life is a balance.  

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

I really don't think Kenya meant to ruin anything. She was pretty sheepish when Kandi got mad at her, like, "oh, my dumb-ass..." I feel like she just wasn't thinking of it like that. 

Nope and nope. She gave that "innocent baby face with the finger in mouth look". She knew she could potentially be ruining the surprise, and she wanted to make things about her. She wants attention - whether positive or negative.

• Love 21
15 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

Nope and nope. She gave that "innocent baby face with the finger in mouth look". She knew she could potentially be ruining the surprise, and she wanted to make things about her. She wants attention - whether positive or negative.

Yea, I know, I meant I really don't think she meant it in a malicious way. I think she was happy for Cynthia. IDK, whatever. She does constantly need to be in the middle of everything, you're right about that. I think maybe that's what Marc is sick of. Kenya is constantly on 10 and constantly needs to be heard. She also talks over people, I notice. She's always extra. She takes herself too seriously. It's the Kenya show, all the time. It's too much. 

I think if she'd dialed it down a notch or 2, she'd have had Marc right where she wanted him...but nope. because having a vibrant, energetic personality is a good thing, she could be the light of his life if she'd just tone it down a bit and be secure with who she is, but no, because she's insecure and always trying too hard and being extra, that vibrant, energetic, life of the party personality is used in the wrong way and becomes obnoxious and emotionally draining. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

Yea, I know, I meant I really don't think she meant it in a malicious way. I think she was happy for Cynthia. IDK, whatever. She does constantly need to be in the middle of everything, you're right about that. I think maybe that's what Marc is sick of. Kenya is constantly on 10 and constantly needs to be heard. She also talks over people, I notice. She's always extra. She takes herself too seriously. It's the Kenya show, all the time. It's too much. 

I think if she'd dialed it down a notch or 2, she'd have had Marc right where she wanted him...but nope. because having a vibrant, energetic personality is a good thing, she could be the light of his life if she'd just tone it down a bit and be secure with who she is, but no, because she's insecure and always trying too hard and being extra, that vibrant, energetic, life of the party personality is used in the wrong way and becomes obnoxious and emotionally draining. 

Absolutely! But I think that its more than just being obnoxious. She said it herself - she sees herself as an alpha and wants to dominate everyone. And she truly does not understand how to be understated and genuine. So whenever she wants to turn it off, she starts acting (badly). Its the fake tears, and the wide eyes, the whispered confessions that drive me crazy because you can see how fake it all is, and how calculated. So when Marc is talking about the "flash" its always having people looking at you, checking for you, talking about you - again whether positive or negative. I've got to imagine its exhausting to be with her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10