Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Yacht-Pocalypse Now

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

His apology is bs. Especially because up until now he was trashing Kate on Social media and acting like she had some campaign to make him look bad. It’s only after he saw how the everyone reacted to this episode that he decided to make that joke of an apology. He’s a douche and has mega issues that he needs to take care of. I dislike even seeing his douche face. 

Tanner and Brian suck too. Tanner thinks way too high of himself.

• Love 17

Is everyone else getting a ton of pop up ads? I tried 3 times to set up my response but ads kept blocking me and slowing me down. Grrr. Anyhow, I don't know what I missed but did Ashton over-react? Or was there more involved that we just didn't get to see in this episode? His anger is straight up scary. I thought he was going to hit Kate, and no one stuck up for her.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Yeah, Rhylee is a bitch, but tonight she actually had good reason to be bitchy to Ashton, with his condescending, misogynistic manner.  Getting nasty with Rhylee about not being able to do the knot but then, giving Tanner a break – GTFOH!  And then, to try to make out with Kate and when she spurns him, he flips out!!

Clearly Ashton has issues with strong-minded, independent women. Kate has not done anything specifically to him, yet he seems to hate her because she outranks him. He hates Rhylee because she questions his approach. I get it - she's annoying, but he treats her much harsher than necessary. And why is it an outspoken Rhylee is told to 'calm down' whereas an outspoken Brian is listened to? Rhylee and Kate don't put up with bad behaviour so they are labeled bitches. Guys do the same and they are bros. WTH? Remember last season Ashton would get drunk and try to hit on Rhylee? Sober he hates her, yet drunk he hits on the ones he hates?  He is lucky that Kate didn't wake up the Captain the 2nd time he forced a kiss upon her. It's not acceptable, but he doesn't get that.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Unless he’s deleting negative comments on IG, I have not seen anyone addressing his behavior on the show. It’s sad that people continue to feed his enormous ego. 

If the comments on his Twitter feed are correct - he IS deleting the negative comments.  And blocking users on Twitter that are going after him for doing so,

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

She sounds like a moron with the don’t get hookers pregnant comment so I’m sure she thinks her little idiot son can’t do anything wrong. Probably doesn’t believe in misogyny. This is all just an opinion but I feel like it seems likely lol.

• Love 17
59 minutes ago, Marley said:

She sounds like a moron with the don’t get hookers pregnant comment so I’m sure she thinks her little idiot son can’t do anything wrong. Probably doesn’t believe in misogyny. This is all just an opinion but I feel like it seems likely lol.

Tanner also doesn’t think that any one can be married and be happy, so clearly she isn’t modeling good relationships. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Marley said:

Tanner and Brian suck too. Tanner thinks way too high of himself.

What I will say for Brian, is they he has apologized to Kate on Twitter and said she did not deserve what happened. I can only hope it’s sincere.

Since alot of people are asking me about the Ashton/Kate incident, 
I will say this, what @AshtonPienaar does is NOT ON at all ☝🏼 and @Kate_Chastain did not deserved to be treated like that. No women does.

Sorry @Kate_Chastain didn't realise how intense this situation was.
Now I can see why you left.

• Love 9

Usually (I think) people who have a terrifyingly close call with death and are saved to live out the rest of their life take that as an opportunity to reassess and try to make themselves better humans, out of gratitude at being given a second chance.  What more precious gift is there, and what more powerful message from the universe?  Ashton apparently doesn't see it that way.  He took the opportunity to become more self-important, egotistical, and loathsome.

It occurred to me watching that video that he might have issues with 'roid rage, he's so ludicrously over the top.  He thinks Kate was making fun of his mother for writing the crew a letter thanking them for saving her son's life???  Okay . . .

In other news, Kevin really is a schmuck.

• Like 1
  • Love 14

It’s hard for me even to talk about Ashton’s behavior because I get crazy blind with anger. So I will focus on Tanner being such a pathetic douche bro that got out of bed to shit on Kate even though the whole she reason said anything about Ashton’s mom was because she felt they were being too hard on Tanner’s mom and Ashton’s overreaction to Kate asking about his mom indicated he was being an out of pocket douche about Tanner’s mom.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 18

Not going to touch on the Ashton/Kate/Tanner mess.  Everyone else has already said it.

I don't care if Ashton is a dick, I still cannot stand Rhylee and think she is her own worst enemy.  If she wasn't such a pain in the ass to be around and talk to, she would be treated better.  How is having to use bowline knots "unfair to [her]"?  It's pretty fucking standard.  As a programmer working in a department of programmers I've had to adhere to coding standards.  Back when I wasn't the one setting the standards I had to do what the boss wanted I couldn't just flip out and screech that it was unfair to me that we had to use spaces instead of tabs or whatever, or I'd be looking for a new job.  Jobs everywhere in all industries have standards that are set by your boss that you have to follow.  If you can't tie a bowline get out your phone and google it and practice, I'm sure it wouldn't take any time to learn.  Plus, isn't there some little pocket book of knots they all have anyway?  It seems like we've seen the deckhands practicing knots before and using a little book -- maybe it was Bobby and Malia?

• Love 8
On 12/23/2019 at 7:10 PM, PaperTree said:

Kate will be back.  Ashton can go any time. 

"Smashton" was just itching to fight with Kate after assaulting her - again.  Too bad the van window didn't break.

Ashton is right about the knots, but is a terrible teacher and manager.  Blowing Riley off, then yelling at her is not going to create the outcome he wants.  You shouldn't lie to your mom on TV either.  The boys get more dickish every week.

No Kate, you are not the only one who works.

That soup looked horrible.  Good they finally fixed the fan after the cloud experience.

That "date" was a dud.  What time and effort did you put in Brian?  Calling for a cart?  He gets whinier  every week.

Phuket looks extremely wild.  

Seems they were all showing their true colours in this episode, and they weren’t pretty.  Ashton has major issues with women, major. He shouldn’t have a position of authority.

I so agree with you that Kate is not the only one who earns her keep, she is just way to full of herself.

Edited by endure
  • Love 9
On 12/23/2019 at 9:10 PM, mbaywife123 said:

Watching people get raging drunk, nasty and volatile is not my idea of good tv viewing. 

Even when not drunk the way that they treat and talk to and about each and their charter "guests" is purely unprofessional.

Yes, I understand that the show is character scripted from the crew to the guests but this has gone too far and has gotten truly nasty and beyond the pale.

Even the guests are bad at this point, most of them are return bad actors. 

Who in their right minds would want to be filmed for this floating turd?

My best guess is that Bravo pays for the off season yacht rental, "crew" salaries, and the "tip" just to keep this dead duck of a show going.

Bon Voyage Below Deck!

Judging by the volume of posts here, it seems like a popular show.  And they’re doing another spinoff too.

Kate said she’s made a lot of money, implying she doesn’t need to put up with angry drunks physically threatening her.

But as long as they keep dangling more money, they’ll continue to get people to sign up as crew.

You can tell Courtney didn’t want to be at these between-charters club nights.  But it’s obviously a reality show staple, to get people drunk then see what happens.  They didn’t go to the hassle of setting up cameras in those vans for nothing.

The formula is really tired but people watch, including us.

• Love 7
On 12/23/2019 at 7:50 PM, spunky said:

Ashton needs serious anger management classes, to become physically threatening because someone turned him down was unacceptable. Ashton was correct in stating that Kate does think she’s better than everyone else. However his behavior negated any point he had. No Kate you’re not the only one who works. This must be Tanner’s first relationship, he didn’t even get that Simone was laughing at his lame attempt at a breakup. Simone stopped short of bursting out in laughter and had a good time while showing Tanner what he lost. I’m also proud of her for going to bed without batting an eyelash at him. If Courtney knew she didn’t want to go out with Brian she should have said so instead of wasting his time and money.

Despite Simone’s faults we all knew she was way too good for Tanner.....she won that match hands down...and enjoyed it too.  She was a star in a pretty sad and pathetic episode.

Edited by endure
  • Love 8

Master Pearson may be adorable but he’s got to be pretty spoiled.  He missed one dessert, next morning he was gorging on waffles.

Unless he gets a big inheritance or something, he will probably be another reality show bro.

If he does inherit money, probably become the stereotypical trust fund monster.

IOW, Rhylee with money.

• Love 1

People who consume the amount of alcohol some of these yachties are drinking are still actually impaired the next morning.  We hear about safety all the time on this show......it’s about time they addressed the other elephant in the room too.

Edited by endure
  • Love 13

People who watch Survivor know there was a huge discussion this year about a player's harassment towards another player, and many complaints about how the Survivor production team handled it. This was much worse.  Kate has already said she didn't want Ashton kissing her, and he does it again? That's enough right there. But to then get violent and threatening in the van? No.

I think Kate is kind of a bitch, and I think she gets preferential treatment from the Captain, and so, it seems, does most of the deck crew. But if that causes a problem amongst the crew, then that's on the Captain. None of that has any bearing whatsoever on the fact that Ashton's behavior was way, way over the line.

Ashton should be fired, unceremoniously dumped off the boat at the next stop. If he isn't, that tells me all I need to know about Bravo.

• Love 19

I have to believe in that after-show hot mess, the brus had not yet seen the actual video footage and were going based on their wonky drunk recollection - well, at least Brian seemed shocked via his tweets during the actual airing of the show regarding how it unfolded. As did Courtney and Simone, who were also not actually in the van with the others. All that said, Asston, after seeing the video, posted that lame non-apology on his insta story, he has no self-awareness. I doubt he'll be invited back next year, he's a liability. I tend to agree with others who have theorized that he got the Bosun position because of his "near death" situation last season. Also, given the way Captain Lee reacted on twitter during the show, as well as his clips in the aftershow - Asston does not get fired, as Captain Lee had no clue what happened. I thought I saw there were only 2 charters left... I hope they have a reunion show (BDM did not, which was odd).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jel said:

Ashton should be fired, unceremoniously dumped off the boat at the next stop. If he isn't, that tells me all I need to know about Bravo.

This is the same network that didn’t do anything to the cast members who attempted to get another woman “naked wasted” so that she would be so drunk that one of their sons could have sex with her.

• Love 14
10 hours ago, endure said:

Despite Simone’s faults we all knew she was way too good for Tanner.....she won that match hands down...and enjoyed it too.  She was a star in a pretty sad and pathetic episode.

So true 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Blindfox said:

I see the van incident differently than others. I don’t think Ashton was ”hitting on” on Kate by forcibly kissing her. He doesn’t like Kate and has never made a secret of that. I think it was an act of power and hostility, not an act of lust, and he should be fired and then arrested.

He doesn't like Rhylee either. He has never made a secret of that. We saw a drunk Ashton go into Rhylee's cabin univited, climb into her bed, kiss her, ask for sex, and get kicked out of her cabin in season 6. Ross also did this during season 6. There was no huge outcry about having either fired or arrested because we're enormous hypocrites. We made value judgments about the victim and how she objected to the offending behavior. Unfortunately this meant that the viewers thought while what Ross and Ashton did wasn't ok, the two got a pass, a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, and undeserved decent reputations.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Ross also did this during season 6. T

Didn’t Ross make out with her when both were interested? He than said it was a mistake but Rhylee was into it at the time and realized later that they were talking disparagingly about her and was shitty but wasn’t the same.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I dunno, as a parent (long ago) of tantrum-prone young kids, my feeling is that he got his discipline, next morning is a new day. Belaboring what happened the night before is bad practice. Young kids can be hungry!

And maybe I've been around some pretty unruly kids lately, but I didn't think Master Pearson was THAT bad. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
15 minutes ago, lcarolynl said:

IMO, these children are very well behaved and have excellent parents that set reasonable boundaries and provide wonderful life experiences.

I'm pretty sure you deduct at least 50 points from their parenting score for not only taking their kids on Below Deck, but for coming back with their kids for a second excursion the next year. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

I'm pretty sure you deduct at least 50 points from their parenting score for not only taking their kids on Below Deck, but for coming back with their kids for a second excursion the next year. 

you've got a point, there.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

At least 50 points.  I couldn't believe they were coming back for more, after having arguably the worst charter experience ever in the history of the show, culminating in one of their kids having his foot cut up by broken glass.  All I could think was, somebody really wants to be on TV, bad.  I don't know what their agenda is--showing off their money or showing off their kids (for acting work? who knows?)--but they definitely have one.  I wouldn't have gone for round two even if Bravo comped me the whole shebang.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

You make a good point!!

• LOL 1

I wont talk about Kate and Ashton because there is nothing else to say there. I do agree that the kiss was a move of domination, not lust. When his assertion of power was rejected he lost his shit. 

I am also firmly team Rylee. Yes, she can be explosive (although we have really only seen that the first night out this season I think), but the way Ashton acts with her is disgusting. If he wants his team to all use the same knot, it is his job to clearly and calmly set out that expectation and provide resources If they don’t know how. The disparity in his reaction to Rylee and Tanner both messing up the knot was telling. He screams at Rylee, again, outwardly trying to dominate her and assert his power. He set her up, ready to pounce at the slightest reaction or frustration.  The whole deck crew has been gaslighting her since she got there telling her to calm down as soon as she breathes. She basically stumbled over her words and Ashton lost it on her. Then he gives his bru Tanner a pass and talks shit about Rylee. To me, that interaction was as telling of his views on women as his attack on Kate. 

I feel Courtney. I don’t think her attitude on the date was related to Brian at all and I think he knew that. She didn’t want to get dressed up, go out, or go clubbing. She wanted to put on some comfy clothes and chill on the sun deck with rosé and a charcuterie board. That club looked like my personal hell and the last place I would want to be after a long charter. Her pouting was a fuck you to production, not a Brian. I am surprised she even went on this show as she gives me strong introvert vibes. 

I go back and forth on Brian. I think he is mostly nice but is very susceptible to the influence of the other brus. They are too much in his ear and he is not using any healthy skepticism regarding their bullshit. He seems embarrassed he took the bait in retrospect (at least regarding Kate. I think he should feel that way regarding Rylee too if he engages in any real introspection). Maybe he will be able to learn from this a little bit. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, jkitty said:

I feel Courtney. I don’t think her attitude on the date was related to Brian at all and I think he knew that. She didn’t want to get dressed up, go out, or go clubbing. She wanted to put on some comfy clothes and chill on the sun deck with rosé and a charcuterie board. That club looked like my personal hell and the last place I would want to be after a long charter. Her pouting was a fuck you to production, not a Brian. I am surprised she even went on this show as she gives me strong introvert vibes. 

Thanks for mentioning this.  I initially expected to dislike Courtney, mostly because of her early declarations about not liking to work, but learned over the next episode or two that she isn't actually work-aversive, she's just kind of hilarious in being willing to state she'd rather be waited on than do the waiting (and which of us would not?)  

I personally would make one miserable yachtie, less so for the work entailed as for the socializing that seems to be de rigueur (at least, on the show).  Working and living in such close confines with my peers, I can't think of anything I'd be less interested in doing with my evenings off than being stuck with all very same people at some noisy, frenetic club, with an expectation that I must get obnoxiously drunk or be deemed "stand-offish" or "superior" by the others. 

I'm thinking here of Ashton's remarks about Kate not wanting to "hang out" with the rest of them between recent charters, the time when she and Rhylee both preferred to lay back in some shade near the pool and eat pizza, rather than stand around with The Gang in the water.  She was...what?...like 15-20 feet away from them?  Evidently that wasn't close to enough to be considered "hanging" with the group.  He's no one to be talking about childish behavior; I only recall those kind of crowd politics being the norm on the playground.  If I were working on this (or any) yacht, I suspect I'd be desperate to get away from the rest of the group on down time, perhaps seeing something more of these exotic locations than yet more interiors of restaurants and nightclubs.  (Admittedly, this is probably difficult to accomplish as a single female in a foreign country where I didn't speak the language, and probably not something that is encouraged or even allowed by production.)

I too think Courtney was not up for the idea of the "date" with Brian, not because of him but the timing.  It's a bit of a shame she didn't tell him so when he asked. explaining that she was just too tired and hot to feel like an extra excursion.  Or - if she did welcome the chance to spend some quiet one-on-one time with him - perhaps she could have countered his proposal with "could we just have a quiet drink together on the sun deck" as jkitty suggested.  I think Courtney acquiesced in the moment because she thought it might be rude to decline, but she simply lacked the energy/enthusiasm to be outgoing and fun once they were actually out together.  It was unfortunate but hardly the worst social crime that's ever been committed on BD. Or even on that night!

Edited by mcjen
  • Love 11

If/when weird boy and his sister and family come back to Below Deck next season, I could do without them referring to him as Master Pearson. 🙄 Plus, what about his sister? What is she, chopped liver?

I didn't like those kids last season and I still didn't like them this season.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, that master bs irked the crap out of me too.

I know I'm old, but when I was a kid my brother was addressed as "Master David My-Last-Name." It was an accepted way of doing things. So I don't think it's really horrid; just very dated.

• Love 9

I honestly think Courtney was essentially forced to do the filmed date with Brian, despite being exhausted. And not that she doesn't like him, but, she probably would have rather waited until she had rested, but because of filming the show - there was no option to stay behind. Same thing with her looking bored at the club. In fact, she tweeted that they are not allowed to stay back on the boat on nights like that - unless they are sick or injured. She couldn't fake enthusiasm, it's one of the things that I actually like about her. She seems real. Shoot - I'd be a hot mess if I hadn't gotten any quality sleep and was expected to be all up with people on a filmed date, and a night out at da club with a bunch of drunken attention whores.

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

I know I'm old, but when I was a kid my brother was addressed as "Master David My-Last-Name." It was an accepted way of doing things. So I don't think it's really horrid; just very dated.

You'll have to believe me when I say that I am not easily triggered by words or phrases, but this just has connotations attached to it that are nothing but negative.  My opinion, mmv.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10